Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:29:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: are ICOs really dead?  (Read 108007 times)
marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 10:43:38 PM

I believe its not, because ICO right now in year 2019 is still operational, and it still will be going till this year onwards, but I can say that it is the end, on those ICO that has a useless concept and can be declared scam projects.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:47:05 PM

After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Are ICOs really dead and do you still invest in ICO projects?
Feel bad for you, maybe this thing shouldn’t happen if you study enough the ICO. Well, I can’t ICO is dead already since the market dumps but maybe it is also on a trouble especially with the trust issues. Its good that you forget about that and start to trust the market again, you can trade and hold which ever is ok for yuou, than to invest on ICO.
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:48:14 PM

Most ICOs are dead and were killes during the bear market. It is undeniable that participating to an ICOZ gives bonuses and get them at a discounted price but if you are familiar with pump and dump, this is most likely similar to a project after getting listed to an exchange. For me, it looks like the price were pump during ICO and getting dumped right away after getting listed. If I were you, invest to an altcoin that is already listed and have strong reputation which is part of top 100 in coinmarketcap.
Aryleeto

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:51:21 PM

I believe its not, because ICO right now in year 2019 is still operational, and it still will be going till this year onwards, but I can say that it is the end, on those ICO that has a useless concept and can be declared scam projects.
Most ico of course work but the fees are very small at the moment , but that ICO died, I also do not think, I think with the new arrival of the bull market the market will also return

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
johanesrobin

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:10:37 PM

I see this year's ICO growing, and investor confidence back. the signs are that more ICOs are quality and offer real products.
some big projects like rockz and many more. we have a glorious future.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:11:07 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2019, 12:44:34 AM by bitcoin31

Not yet because scammer are industrious to create more ICO to scam people. I think better to change the title scammer already dead because for me ICO is good if the scammer die or gone because the ICO is prone of scammer.  Let's start ICO again with good and nice team and legit.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:14:14 PM

Most ico of course work but the fees are very small at the moment , but that ICO died, I also do not think, I think with the new arrival of the bull market the market will also return
After reaching to BTC bull market we can see recovery signs on altcoins. ICOs are no more priority for investors under these market conditions. Investor confidence index is living its worst days.
sherenikaw

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:17:04 PM

Reading this always makes me think that many people are still afraid with the crypto world condition. Well, so far, the ICO seems to be dead, it is always decreasing and collapsing after being listed on exchange. however, it doesn't mean that the ICO is dead. They can still have the higher price at the next moment, when the market crypto is going better.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
basici

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:21:59 PM

As you can see, startups in the cryptocurrency market at the moment do not bring a penny and I think that this will continue in the future

BtcEX Btc : Exchange for Everyone
We offer the most profitable and comfortable exchange rates for cryptocurrency
https://bxlend.com/
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:25:27 PM

the past year was really hard for so many projects. though there are still legit projects but you can count them with your hands. and the truth is, even if there are legit ones, it is better to buy them in exchanges if ever they reach that point, because the price is very very cheap as compared to their ICO price. really rare that you can find a good one that will rise its value upon hitting in an exchange.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:35:18 PM

Well, it is not fun and games to find a proper project during these days. People are not willing to throw their money to someone who promises an instant profit- which is not bad actually, it seems like people who had never invested in their life are quickly realizing how easily they can be scammed and how difficult it is to make a profit. This will eventually clear out the waters on the both sides of the spectrum: projects will have to spend more time, resources and work than just publishing a single paper which could mean nothing at the end of the day. In addition, look at how many companies have finished the crowdfunding since September 2017, for example. There are many of them and all of them will not survive, that is a fact. Coming up with a new idea requires strong imagination and a proper realization as well: even experineced people in the industry fail sometimes. The supply is going to stay here for as long as there will be a demand. ICOs will not die in several days, months or years- unless there will be a better way of crowdfunding, of course  Wink.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:37:48 PM

Not yet because scammer are industrious to create more ICO to scam people.
Many newbies are still fall on this trap, ICO is not dead but its not profitable anymore because of this scam projects. Stop investing on ICO for now and wait for them to recover. If you don’t want to lose money then its good if you stay away from those ICO.
Garrixx

Activity: 182

ONe Social Network

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:38:59 PM

I would not say that. on some projects now you can still make good money

ONe Social Network  Bringing it all Together!   [   ONe   ]
PRESALE  »  12 June   |   https://www.onesocialnetwork.io
Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 11:42:23 PM

After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Are ICOs really dead and do you still invest in ICO projects?

Nowadays there are quite a slim chance to earn and gain from icos but of course there are still legit and good projects out there its just that you still have to dig deeper to find that treasure in this world of crypto. As for me I just do trading and scalping for now and I stop joining ico for awhile.
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:48:06 PM

ICOs are not dead. They are just affected by the bearish market. How could ICOs be successful if even the top coins are going down. The bearish period is just more than one year already. Let's wait for the bullish market to come to see how ICOs will fair in the market.
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:51:25 PM

For now I see how the ICO cannot develop and always fails and with that makes the ICO will automatically die. But of the many ICOs who died, of course there are still ICOs that are still good and can be trusted. Because a good project will always be strong in ICO competition.
Agapelove

Activity: 425

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:52:32 PM

The problem of ICOs nowadays is that they are making a hard time to reach the cap. Investors look like they are moving away from ICOs these days. It may either be due to avoid scammers or losses knowing that most ICOs had failed eventually. But, ICOs are not dead. The list is only been trimmed down to few, which is better.
trns.txt

Activity: 171

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:40:24 AM

I see that some ICOs are dead because they cannot compete in the crypto listing. Well, the ICO may be dead if they have no unique or interesting concept, therefore, the investors will not be interested in that ICO. Additionally, it will really depend on the team that manage and control the ICO and also promote it. However, if they are still OK and works well, I'm sure that ICO will not dead easily.
reynald70

Activity: 598

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:48:49 AM

At present most ICO projects fail to sell because of the reduced interest of Investors to buy their Tokens, because Investors see a bad market situation, so they are reluctant to invest in ICO in the current situation, and also increase fraud at ICO, so ICO projects are really like die.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 02:20:37 AM

No, its not dead yet. ICO just got less interest from investors because of many scam projects plus the bitcoin and major crypto price drop. ICO will gain investors back after people start believing that crypto is not that bad, crypto has future.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: