Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:12:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: are ICOs really dead?  (Read 108000 times)
Mikhail.YT

Activity: 253
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:56:01 AM

Not quite dead IMO. People are just more skeptical now. Results over hype is whats happening right now.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:56:29 AM

The day before yesterday there was bitorrent's ICO at the Binance platform. Today BTT is on the market with 300% profit. Still, do you think that ICOs are dead?
riska hanissa

Activity: 504
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 12:02:01 PM

I mourn for you sir, may you be given fortitude
a lot of ICOs are scams but not all are like that, so be careful if you want to invest
ICOs in 2018 really bad, hopefully in 2019 there will be no ICOs scam

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
Elmer Grant

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 12:09:35 PM

Sure thay not. But to find a good ICO, it takes more time now. But there are still on. For example, DexAge. A decentralized exchange. Which is looking very good in their MVP. Also team and a support very good. Researched about them for 3 weeks. And now bought some tokens.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 12:12:48 PM

After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Are ICOs really dead and do you still invest in ICO projects?

Dead no not worth to follow yes, sorry about that. Everything depend market trend, if can recovery ICO will life again. I'm afraid day by day many project fails and make crypto look's bad for create income, it will make bitcoin more deeper. Prepare for the worst and good luck to you.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
shitcoinoffering

Activity: 445
Merit: 71

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 12:12:56 PM

ICOs collect less and less money and their amount was slowly decreasing during 2018. But nevertheless they are not dead... Seems like they are going to be replaced by STOs Shocked

Mr. ScamKiller - Shitcoin Offering Wink
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 12:18:37 PM

not all ICO's are really dead, but sad to say most of them I mean 80% I think, it is really difficult to find a good ICO's that we can make profit.
byamni

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 12:26:23 PM

Yes ICOs are for real dead, for example ChronoBank (TIME) more than two years and No product delivered from roadmap , price drop from 0.01BTC to ~0.0005BTC.
ICOs are just a way to collect easy money from newbies... if you noticed nowaday ICOs are not collecting huge money like 2 years ago , i hope people will soon stop investing their hard earned money in this new scheme scam of ICOs.
Insomnia family

Activity: 868
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 12:41:34 PM

After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Dead no not worth to follow yes, sorry about that. Everything depend market trend, if can recovery ICO will life again. I'm afraid day by day many project fails and make crypto look's bad for create income, it will make bitcoin more deeper. Prepare for the worst and good luck to you.
yes you are right all depends on market trends but unfortunately scammers are still roaming around us, so it's natural if fear arises when someone has experienced a failure in ico, I mean losing money when investing in ico that is not feasible. even I also began to doubt the sweet promise of ico.

Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬     ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p     ▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
[   M V P   L I V E   ]   -   9 Blockchains Integrated Already
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 12:51:47 PM

Sorry you had to lose hard earned money that way. But not all ICOs are dead. Some projects are still running very well like Safe Haven for example. I think you just found yourself meddling in the wrong investments but there are good ICOs out there

Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 161

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 12:54:03 PM

Well this scenario is normal most of the ICO's hurt when the price of the crypto dumps. Even good ICO's sometimes cant survive and they exit and we think that is scam. well not all of the ICO's has a capability to survive in terms of falling price of the market. but when the price gets back ICO's will come in, alive and give as a profit that they promise.
Technically ICOs don't promise profit when you invest in them. They simply build a product and incorporate crypto to it, investors would then speculate in how it would be valued in the market. Here lies now then the problem. Most ICOs list their token in exchange without actually building the product so there is a non-existent demand on exchanges. The token will now dump, regardless if the market is bearish or not.

Cryptmuster
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1214

Glory To Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 12:56:39 PM

I'm not sure that ico is already a thing of the past, now just such a period is that the cryptocurrency is in decline and investors are not interested in investing, you need to wait for the market to grow. And when the market goes up, I think that the situation will change and we will see how ico will gain momentum again.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Marnihughes82

Activity: 363

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 12:59:39 PM

I think not only ICO but even the cryptal market is now very bad. ICO project is getting more and more fraudulent projects, so ICO has no one wants to invest anymore
goldexp83

Activity: 225

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:02:23 PM

Absolutely not, Binance launchpad just did the Bitcoin ICO and raised 7 million in just 15min!

yes many complained that it was a failure as it was mostly bought by whales

we need better ICO structure and be more democratic about our distribution,  but the future seems promising I thinm!

Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:04:11 PM

if you wil just participate in an ICO bounty program it is still worth it, it is just a gambling that you need to take a risk in order to see the result but if you will put your money that earn from your hardword it is better to keep it away from crpyto market because of the high risk that you may be able not to return your investment.
belford11

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:05:50 PM

I had a similar situation, participated in different projects, only did not wet it, but did the task in airdrop and bounty, as if I also lost for this time, I believed what happened, but then it turned out that this was not exactly what I wanted. ICOs are alive, indulging in the fact that there are fraudsters among them, though they now say that HYIPs will become more popular again, whether this will be so, we'll see.
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:29:32 PM

Whether you believe it or not ICOs are not dead just resting to prevent drastic bankruptcy of the project. To maintain the good development sometimes hard decision making happens and should be follow in order to achieve the goals not to lose everything. I foreseen the market to have a lot of ICOs again once the market recovered.
ZDPGI

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:35:47 PM

Probably because they can't keep up with the bearish market, right now they just disappear as if they are really dead. I know a lot of users who encountered the same thing, the best that you can do is to forget about it LOL Grin
Game-c-hanger

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:37:11 PM

With this market, eventually supposedly good ICO's cannot survive that's why they exit and will turned to scam. Those projects are the ones who have no experience on how to survive on this bearish market.

totally agree on this one
LiteToBrite

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:39:07 PM

Probably because they can't keep up with the bearish market, right now they just disappear as if they are really dead. I know a lot of users who encountered the same thing, the best that you can do is to forget about it LOL Grin

true. I believe good ICOs supposed to survive, however, they just exit the game and turned into a scam. Poor investors, glad I didn't invest on this one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: