Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:32:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC SHOULD BE STOPPED FOR BOUNTY HUNTERS  (Read 55955 times)
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:08:25 PM

What is KYC? It means knowing your customer. In KYC some requirements are required such as: Full Name, Residence address, Citizenship, Birth date, Photo of government issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, ID card),
Social Security number or Tax Identification, Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Photo of bank card .

I honestly think kyc should be stopped for bounty hunters, reason being that we are not buying the token of the project ,rather we are rendering services  to create awareness for the project. Which ought to be paid for.

In another view, if a bounty hunter has to go through KYC ,then it should be at the start of the bounty, during registration, if accepted or passed, then you go on with the bounty.

I did a bounty which i passed, and earned some amount of the token, but i failed kyc and my effort was gone just like that, after rendering my services to them by promoting the project. I got really pained.

This is just an example of what is happening.

What do you all really think about kyc for bounty hunters?
My fearless opinion is im infavor of that KYC since the very beginning im afraid that my personal data is not safe to their position or maybe after the KYC process they just sell our data on any third party, thats why im againts the KYC of Bounty Workers. Because my personal data is more precious than any coin/Token.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:25:06 PM

I believe that the KYC procedure is raping our lives and it is not something good. We bounty hunters have to provide KYC otherwise we can't clear our earnings so they make us do it. The first thing that i like in blockchain was privacy and now there are no privacy, i have sent my passport maybe 50 project for clear my earnings.
Correlll

Activity: 310
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:30:17 PM

Bounty hunters must undergo a KYC process by every ICO. I do not want to share my rewards with somebody that did not deserve it. I mean like some cheaters that are using multi accounts to get more rewards from one time campaigns.
whiteblue

Activity: 1246
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:43:30 PM

their bounty campaign managers gave actual KYC regulations to avoid participants who commit fraud but if using a very sensitive identity such as a passport and bank statement or paying taxes it seems that it will be very dangerous because it is the same as giving your privacy to someone else and privacy You give it can be used for crime and now I have started to hear rumors that there are many rumors about buying and selling identity results from KYC.
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:56:16 PM

You got a point on what you've mentioned. In fact, giving your real identity is really a risky thing. In some ways I see KYC is also important to remove cheaters because there still be cheaters or duplicate account if KYC is not on the rules/requirements .
Cryptmuster
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1194

Glory To Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 05:26:29 PM

You got a point on what you've mentioned. In fact, giving your real identity is really a risky thing. In some ways I see KYC is also important to remove cheaters because there still be cheaters or duplicate account if KYC is not on the rules/requirements .

For bounty hunters, passing a kus is only a negative side, and fighting bots is the task of the project manager, and I think there are other methods to deal with this. but to give your data is not good and does not bear anything good in itself.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Landak

Activity: 1386
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 05:26:34 PM

I think KYC in the bounty hunter is no longer effective, many projects and bounty campaigns that are unclear and the tokens only of low value are not comparable to the identity we give.

HILIH                                                                                                                                                                 KINTIL
GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:07:49 PM

Yes, this is really an optional condition for bounty hunters. But, unfortunately, now in many projects this condition exists. Perhaps soon, managers will review these rules or come up with some other verification to avoid multi-accounts.
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:34:15 PM

What is KYC? It means knowing your customer. In KYC some requirements are required such as: Full Name, Residence address, Citizenship, Birth date, Photo of government issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, ID card),
Social Security number or Tax Identification, Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Photo of bank card .

I honestly think kyc should be stopped for bounty hunters, reason being that we are not buying the token of the project ,rather we are rendering services  to create awareness for the project. Which ought to be paid for.

In another view, if a bounty hunter has to go through KYC ,then it should be at the start of the bounty, during registration, if accepted or passed, then you go on with the bounty.

I did a bounty which i passed, and earned some amount of the token, but i failed kyc and my effort was gone just like that, after rendering my services to them by promoting the project. I got really pained.

This is just an example of what is happening.

What do you all really think about kyc for bounty hunters?
Totally agree with you. Headhunters are not clients of the ICO team. This ICO team is our customer. The customer is the one who pays. We do not pay, we provide advertising services for their project and therefore we are not clients of ICO projects and should not undergo any KYC checks. This is all the arbitrariness of the ICO teams. No state has ever required ICO teams to conduct KYC checks against bounty hunters. KYC verification is mainly used by unscrupulous ICO teams in order not to pay the tokens we earn.
However, in any case, if it is carried out, it must be held at the beginning of the ICO, when we join the campaign of the signature. Then the ICO team will no longer make sense to scoff at us, as they sometimes do after the completion of ICO.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:47:19 PM

I don't agree about this KYC imposing to the bounty hunters when its should just be the ICO participants.
A lot of us had complained about these to the teams selling tokens in the forum but how exactly can we make them not to ask about our documents? I have submitted my passport many times already and sometimes still got rejected.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:57:02 PM

Gold words. However, most naive people will tell you more. They believe that this procedure will save them from fraudsters. I think they are mistaken. I believe in what you said. It's time to stop wasting our time on stupid procedures.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
doycku

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:12:05 PM

Gold words. However, most naive people will tell you more. They believe that this procedure will save them from fraudsters. I think they are mistaken. I believe in what you said. It's time to stop wasting our time on stupid procedures.
The fact is that there are no legal requirements for the provision of personal data by a bounty hunter. Nowhere is the procedure provided for at the official level. It seems to me that this is an abuse of the team or bounty managers.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:27:22 PM

Why KYC of a bounty requires all this information? The KYC I did before was just an id with everything blurred except my first name and my picture and that was to prevent the scam in the bounty and there was a very very small chance of getting a reject. Ethier way requesting a KYC whether it is full or basic after the bounty ends and not before it begins is a bad practice and should not be accepted.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:32:36 PM

Lets be factual indeed, there is nothing on this planet earth that will ever request my personal data online that will capture them never. KYC is a bigger trap that will soon explode sooner than later and this explode will shock the global world especially the crypto-community, so, please avoid campaigns that request your personal data.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
ucok456

Activity: 145

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:33:07 PM

The purpose of KYC in the bounty program is to prevent cheating by bounty hunters such as using multiple accounts while participating in a bounty program. So I think that is very good, because the prize will be shared equally with those who are entitled, not those who cheat.

🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸 [ MOOZICORE ] WORLD’S FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN 🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺
https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:38:38 PM

Yes, I agree with you KYC should be stopped now. I don't know why they ask for the KYC when our KYC is not safe in their hands! Recently CCN published news that KYC documents are being sold in the Dark web! By taking our KYC, what is their intention? to prevent scam or hack? I don't think KYC is helpful to prevent the hack or scam. We need to do something about it.

defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 08:27:32 PM

You should remember that some projects operate under the jurisdiction of countries in which the purchase or distribution of tokens is equated to trading in valuable assets. Therefore, KYC in such cases is required for the legality of coin distribution. But some projects may just collect our data and then sell it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:33:13 PM

I don't see anything wrong with kyc know your customer. It has done more good than harm excerpt you are a multiple account abuser in a particular bounty if not know your customer is an easy verification step as long as you have documentation that can prove your identity and nationality
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:33:25 PM

I have never been against KYC before now. But I think one should have a rethink of these projects that request KYC for bounty hunters especially in the face of rampant scam projects, of which possibility of data/identity theft is high. I agree with you that KYC should be stopped for bounty hunters.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:35:53 PM

I think that it is quite dangerous to pass KYC, but if you want to take part in bounty companies of good projects, then you will have to pass it, as most of them require it. I agree that for bounty hunters, this procedure doesn't do any good.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: