Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:49:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC SHOULD BE STOPPED FOR BOUNTY HUNTERS  (Read 55958 times)
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:44:57 PM

With the passing of KYC for participants of the bounty, there are often questions, firstly it is not clear why this is needed, and secondly, where are our personal data going?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
as9ardia

Activity: 541
Merit: 137

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 03:52:22 PM

The main reason KYC for bounty hunters is there's a lot of multiplayer on bounty campaign.
I think with KYC for bounty hunters will minimized that case, and I hope in near future KYC also applies to Bounty Manager / Campaign Manager.

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
trade2winnn

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:56:41 PM

here is a twofold situation, with the help of KYC rotten and vile administrators and project managers, trying to steal from hunters, and to appropriate their honestly earned tokens, more than once faced with such a Vile situation, so I will say one thing is always good, depending on what kind of Managers are behind the project
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:58:26 PM

What is KYC? It means knowing your customer. In KYC some requirements are required such as: Full Name, Residence address, Citizenship, Birth date, Photo of government issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, ID card),
Social Security number or Tax Identification, Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Photo of bank card .

I honestly think kyc should be stopped for bounty hunters, reason being that we are not buying the token of the project ,rather we are rendering services  to create awareness for the project. Which ought to be paid for.

In another view, if a bounty hunter has to go through KYC ,then it should be at the start of the bounty, during registration, if accepted or passed, then you go on with the bounty.

I did a bounty which i passed, and earned some amount of the token, but i failed kyc and my effort was gone just like that, after rendering my services to them by promoting the project. I got really pained.

This is just an example of what is happening.

What do you all really think about kyc for bounty hunters?

There were lots of bounty scammers - creating multiple accounts in one bounty campaign.
These fraudsters are the reason why KYC was needed. The scammers scam the bounty and the bounty hunter community and then dump their tokens once it hits the exchange.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
nreal

Activity: 932

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 04:13:29 PM

Projects want to use KYC to remove cheaters, But I think it is not really effective, the cheaters can buy the materials to conduct KYC.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 04:45:10 PM

it will sound funny if KYC continues to be enforced, and when there is an ICO project that has a function that gives privacy to the coin owners but they require us to KYC Cheesy
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 04:58:30 PM

i strongly belived that KYC should be stop for bounty hunters unless you are partaking in the token sales. it is not advice-able to release your information to anyone. some projects are scam yet they use KYC to fake everything making it looks like they are real. it 's disgusting when you partake in a project and at the end you are required to go tru KYC only to find out that the project is a scam. not fair at all.
ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:08:02 PM

it will sound funny if KYC continues to be enforced, and when there is an ICO project that has a function that gives privacy to the coin owners but they require us to KYC Cheesy
You need to pay attention to the fact that almost all Bounty companies are forced to provide the personal data of Bounty Hunters as investors. Thus, one can definitely say that in essence KYC for Bounty hunters is absent, but exists only for investors. But nevertheless, everything happens the other way around.
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:17:32 PM

What is KYC? It means knowing your customer. In KYC some requirements are required such as: Full Name, Residence address, Citizenship, Birth date, Photo of government issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, ID card),
Social Security number or Tax Identification, Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Photo of bank card .

I honestly think kyc should be stopped for bounty hunters, reason being that we are not buying the token of the project ,rather we are rendering services  to create awareness for the project. Which ought to be paid for.

In another view, if a bounty hunter has to go through KYC ,then it should be at the start of the bounty, during registration, if accepted or passed, then you go on with the bounty.

I did a bounty which i passed, and earned some amount of the token, but i failed kyc and my effort was gone just like that, after rendering my services to them by promoting the project. I got really pained.

I totally agree. What you have experienced also happened to me. After participating on that particular Bounty campaign for months, I ended up earning nothing because i didn;t pass their KYC. They should definitely do the KYC registration before someone can participate to their campaign to avoid this thing.

Kelvinikke

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 05:22:43 PM

Well it is good and fair if bounty managers actually announce the process of Know your Customer even before bounty hunters start campaigning. The reality on the ground is that sometimes KYC might not be required but due to the cheating attitudes of some bounty hunters bounty managers are forced to  conduct a KYC process.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
mullzerwar

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:34:03 PM

I personally doesn't like doing KYC after all the struggle working on the bounty, and at the end we have to do another thing in order to get the reward that we deserve cause we already done what it need to be eligible for the bounty reward. I just feel it's unfair for the bounty hunter.
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:39:02 PM

This procedure should only be for investors because the project must be sure that it is not terrorists or drug dealers who invest their money. Bounty hunters are harmless in this regard.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 05:48:39 PM

I totally agree with that, disclosing personal information is risky. However, some projects or managers are imposing KYC in bounties because some bounty hunters are cheating to get more stakes. This some how avoided bounty hunters from spamming number of accounts in one project. I agree that if ever there's a KYC, this should be announced as early as possible, not when the bounty ends.

Managers don't take decision regarding whether KYC should be imposed or not. It totally depends upon project's dev decision.

KYC takes time so I don't think that any project would go right away at the beginning. How about this scenario: project cancels their ICO? In that case obviously it would be a waste of time or even cost as well if project hires some third party team to do the KYC verification stage.
aji567

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:54:13 PM

For me KYC makes it difficult to get prizes, mostly KYC just to make sure our data is eligible or not. most KYCs use passports so many people complain about this.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:57:45 PM

There were lots of bounty scammers - creating multiple accounts in one bounty campaign.
These fraudsters are the reason why KYC was needed. The scammers scam the bounty and the bounty hunter community and then dump their tokens once it hits the exchange.

There are not many people taking part in the bounty anymore, because it has long ceased to bring such a great value at the time of Bitcoin boom and ICO projects. So KYC is not necessary at the present time for bounty hunter
boolog
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:59:36 PM

Kyc is painfull for bountie hunters. I do not like kyc because i do not want to give my data to any strangers, but i have resigned myself and renounce to bounties who demand kyc from me. You can not do anything against kyc anyway, if required.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█████    Whitepaper   ⌊    Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌉   Telegram    █████
Medium   Steemit   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube   Reddit   Github
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:19:27 PM

yes you agree, bounty hunters do not need you because they are not investors. only large investors need kyc. doesn't the exchange also ask for kyc? so the project doesn't need to do that anymore.

I think the Cyc is only for dev use now so they don't have to pay.
No Pain No blood

Activity: 658
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 06:41:24 PM

Well it is good and fair if bounty managers actually announce the process of Know your Customer even before bounty hunters start campaigning. The reality on the ground is that sometimes KYC might not be required but due to the cheating attitudes of some bounty hunters bounty managers are forced to  conduct a KYC process.

yes you are right, we can indeed solve multiple account problems. but what I don't like is when they tell it when ico is finished. and worse the procedure performed is quite difficult. This is what makes many hunter bounties think the kyc for the bounty hunter must be stopped.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 06:50:29 PM

yes you are right, we can indeed solve multiple account problems. but what I don't like is when they tell it when ico is finished. and worse the procedure performed is quite difficult. This is what makes many hunter bounties think the kyc for the bounty hunter must be stopped.

Like I said earlier KYC is not something which is decided by manager. With this manager also doesn't targets to eliminate his job of checking properly by this procedure of verification.

However KYC does helps but such abuse could be minimised over some rule changes and strict checking.
hongus

Activity: 736

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:54:58 PM

Cheesy I think nothing will change as if we did not defend their dip here. What was taken vryatli canceled. I do not see any chance of cancellation. Scammer because you need to take new passports for sale somewhere.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: