Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:30:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC SHOULD BE STOPPED FOR BOUNTY HUNTERS  (Read 55957 times)
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 11:38:40 PM

I still wonder why some bounty managers make KYC mandatory despite knowing that people don't want to do it. It really has to stop. There is no need. It should only be for investors.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:41:54 PM

I don't thiks so if people want earn huge profita not the reason KYC to stopped bounty hunters, there's so many project not requiring kyc.
In my view kyc is not big deal to stooped those bounty hunter to find profits, kyc if that's way to control bad people use crypto in crime.
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:44:35 PM

Sometimes, I think the project team introduce kyc for bounty in order to cub any form of cheating, but sometimes this announcement is made when the project has ended, which in my opinion is not the best option.
If there will be kyc, then participants should have been informed before or on the date the project commenced. So that those who are ready to comply, would do that.
prayogi

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:50:28 PM

If KYC is stopped, I think it's very difficult. Because this KYC exists as a better form of change. Because many fraudulent actions carried out by Bounty participants. But if you don't like KYC, I think you can look for Bounty projects that don't use KYC.
indeed KYC actually aims well, but many do not agree with the reason for the lack of security from the personal data
provided and are worried that if there is abuse,

it is difficult to stop the existence of KYC, you only need to find a bounty that does not have KYC if you do not want to
follow a bounty that requires filling in the KYC, there are still many bounties that do not require KYC
Osayo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 11:54:48 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 01:02:00 AM by Osayo

I did a bounty which i passed, and earned some amount of the token, but i failed kyc and my effort was gone just like that, after rendering my services to them by promoting the project. I got really pained.

This is just an example of what is happening.

What do you all really think about kyc for bounty hunters?

How did you fail the KYC? Did you send in fake documents? I think for anyone one who has decided to do the KYC, then such a person should be ready to send in his real information.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 01:09:55 AM

each of us can choose to participate in a bounty that kyc requires or not. even if i do not like kyc, that is ok for me. bounties will continue to charge kyc and we can not do much about it. so bounties with kyc are a no go for me.
jambul_kribo

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 01:23:57 AM

each of us can choose to participate in a bounty that kyc requires or not. even if i do not like kyc, that is ok for me. bounties will continue to charge kyc and we can not do much about it. so bounties with kyc are a no go for me.
each people could decided what will they do.and kyc actually should not be obligation for bounty hunter.we didnt spend any money in certain projects.so they should not worry about us , if they scared about investors money source.but for developers they want to prevent bounty cheater so they did it.

▄▄▄ ▄▄  ███▄████▄ ▄▄▄
████████▄███████████
▄█
██████████████████▄███
▀█████████████████████▀
██████████████████
██████████████
███████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
▐█████████████████▌
███████▀▄▀███████
▐██████▄▀▀██████▌
▀▀███████████▀▀
                          ███
                         ▀▀▀
                    ███▄▀
                   ▄
▀▀▀
             ▄███▄▀      ████
       ▄███▄▀ ▀▀▀        ████
  ███▄▀ ▀▀▀        █████ ████
  ▀▀▀              █████ ████
             █████ ████ ████
       █████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
███████████████████████████████
VALUE INCREASES
    NEVER DECREASES
THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL
STORE OF VALUE CURRENCY

|     Twitter     |   Facebook  |  Instagram  |   Telegram  |    Discord    |
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████     ███████████
BUY NOW

███████████     ████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
shooleh

Activity: 616

Personal Text: Revolusi industri erotis di Blockc

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 02:30:10 AM

And this KYC, in my opinion, is very troublesome because the results are very disappointing. Some of the projects that I follow use KYC and indeed I get tokens. But tokens up to now have no price and developers are now inactive.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 03:16:26 AM

KYC should not mandatory for bounty hunters as they aren't investors. They get only few payments. Disclosing personal information is always risky. Few days ago, we have read topic that information of bounty hunters are disclosing from the team to others.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:31:14 AM

~snip~
I honestly think kyc should be stopped for bounty hunters, reason being that we are not buying the token of the project ,rather we are rendering services  to create awareness for the project. Which ought to be paid for.
You may also think it this way, you are buying the tokens but instead of paying fiat/crypto, you are paying it in the form of services.

In another view, if a bounty hunter has to go through KYC ,then it should be at the start of the bounty, during registration, if accepted or passed, then you go on with the bounty.
There is a risk here. You are already giving personal information to a project which you are not even sure if they can reach soft cap and distribute bounty tokens.

I did a bounty which i passed, and earned some amount of the token, but i failed kyc and my effort was gone just like that, after rendering my services to them by promoting the project. I got really pained.
How do you even fail KYC? Are you using someone's account? Did you follow instructions?
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:51:47 AM

Bounty hunters don't really need KYC at all ,I believe we bounty hunters play a huge part for projects creating awareness and bringing in new investors for the project ,we don't deserve KYC ,I believe that big investors and whales are the ones that needs KYC because of large quantity they want to buy and some bounty projects did managed to cheat bounty hunters by forcing KYC in the end of bounty which they never made mention when bounty is still on

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sonicwave

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:08:41 AM

Even it is also stopped for the investors because the cryptos are created for decentralization with anonymity but KYC makes everything visible to them and making the system on their benefits.If you next time seeing a bounty asking for KYC just stop participating on them.
And how projects should protect themselves from the same scam by hunters. There will always be a struggle, and this is inevitable, another thing we are ready to put up with it. Rather no than yes, for small rewards to risk personal data.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:17:34 AM

KYC should not mandatory for bounty hunters as they aren't investors. They get only few payments. Disclosing personal information is always risky. Few days ago, we have read topic that information of bounty hunters are disclosing from the team to others.
Bounty hunters have their rights regarding to this but same with developers, KYC have a big impact for bounty followers as they chasing for easy way to earned little rewards, sad thing that this new requirement to claim stake really frustrate them, chances of risking your personal information is not enough for your expected earnings as inside the bearish market probably it will worth that much.

Developers needs to consider though they've also reasons why they need to implement such rules.
vasilev456

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:21:48 AM

Now bounty began to often change the requirements at the very end of the company, so in order to pick up your coins you have to pass it!
Anatolich

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:33:55 AM

I do not want to deal with documents in such an industry as bounty. A huge risk that no one needs, no matter how promised protection, we see the opposite.
ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:19:08 AM

I think so, because with just a little amount to be rewarded from a bounty campaign, it is not necessary to do such kyc to the bounty hunters. It would just give some annoying for us to get the reward and if there would be kyc its for investors who wants to buy coins or tokens, not for the bounty hunters.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:23:01 AM

If KYC is stopped, I think it's very difficult. Because this KYC exists as a better form of change. Because many fraudulent actions carried out by Bounty participants. But if you don't like KYC, I think you can look for Bounty projects that don't use KYC.
indeed KYC actually aims well, but many do not agree with the reason for the lack of security from the personal data

it is difficult to stop the existence of KYC, you only need to find a bounty that does not have KYC if you do not want to
follow a bounty that requires filling in the KYC, there are still many bounties that do not require KYC

Sometimes ICO developers need to comply with government regulation and thats why some bounty need KYC. I dont think KYC for bounty hunters is bad and perhaps with KYC, it will open the door for another government regulation about cryptocurrency

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:32:38 AM

I think your kyc will be approved if you submit all the real information, my KYC application always approved, however I'm agree with your suggestion, but it's control by campaign owner, most of them always noticed need to pass KYC at the end of campaign, but as we know that > no kyc = no rewards token, so it's up to bounty hunter, pass the kyc or forget the campaign.
bassbity

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:35:45 AM

Sometimes ICO developers need to comply with government regulation and thats why some bounty need KYC. I dont think KYC for bounty hunters is bad and perhaps with KYC, it will open the door for another government regulation about cryptocurrency
I think doing KYC for bounty hunters is quite reasonable because they want to distribute the tokens to the right people so they don't get the wrong target, because that happens a lot.
kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 08:54:21 AM

KYC is an extra disturbance for bounty hunters. I don't like it at all. When I finish any bounty which needs KYC there is a problem for me to be active on their announcement channel to get an update. Because I have been being busy with others bounty's work. So it will be helpful for all bounty hunter if kyc is removed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: