Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:22:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC SHOULD BE STOPPED FOR BOUNTY HUNTERS  (Read 55958 times)
Accepted_check
Copper Member

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:47:44 AM

The point of having KYC is to know the customers indeed but even if you are a bounty Hunter then you are still considered as customer because you will be granted an ownership for their tokens. What I mean to say is, people with their tokens may it be an investor or a bounty Hunter will always be their customers. Because in the smart contract all token holders will not be identified as bounty hunters or investors.

You have a point, but is it really necessary to have kyc in a bounty campaign? Once you send your personal information to them, you no longer remain anonymous. They'll know who you are, not unless you're good at photoshop. Because of that, you are prone to become a victim of identity theft. Why is it they have to do that while the other bounty campaign don't even care about? I don't think they just want to know their customers. For me, they have another agenda, why they are requiring kyc.
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1395

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:53:47 AM

I agree with you, there is no need for the bounty hunters to go through KYC, because cryptocurrency are decentralized and are kept in strict secrecy and this contradicts the basis of cryptocurrency, but as you said, if the bounty hunters they have to go through KYC at the beginning of the bounty campaigns so that cheating is prevented this is good, but after receiving the rewards, there is no need to pass through KYC, because the bounty hunters are promoters of the project who get the tokens because of their promotion of the project and not the investors of the project.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 10:41:23 AM

Not necessarily, in my opinion KYC sometimes helps to remove a large number of multi-accounts, the main thing is that the project is not fraudulent!
Are you trying to say that when a project requires a kyc then it's not a fraud? Perhaps, it isn't as this is actually just a show up so they won't look shady and shill. And the worst case that may happen is they are scammers and your documents will be sell to black market, hence that's a fact.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 10:46:11 AM

No, I fully support the use of KYC. I think that KYC has a big role to be able to avoid people who use the bounty. The fact is that many people make double accounts to get far more results. Even though the income should be far more fair, KYC made the selection far more stringent and bounty participants were far more targeted.

Those who reject the application of KYC may be those who commit fraud, for people who are fair, I am sure that they will fully support KYC as a condition of following a bounty.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:11:56 AM

KYC should be stopped for bounty hunters as they aren't investors. They are only given a little amount of the bounty token for work done in advertising for the project. Asking bounty hunters to authenticate their participation in the bitcoin bounty thread will reduce multiple accounts and bots used.
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:39:51 AM

KYC should be for big investors not bounty hunters ,developers should use good bounty managers to avoid multiple accounts or limit bounty participants to avoid fraudulent ideas ,why I go against KYC is I don't know how secured my identity is and giving it out worries me alot

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
umar22pk

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 11:46:23 AM

Agreed with you, normally KYC should be only for investors not for bounty hunters. Because investors are making big transections while bounty hunters are taking very small tokens as rewards.
And KYC also disappointing bounty hunters, because campaigns are requiring much information against small rewards.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 2181

Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 11:47:10 AM

Although this kind of post has discussed several time but I can't see any effect of bounty hunters or managers. I am not fan of KYC for ICO or bounty hunters. KYC is very sensitive information, they might misuse it. I don't know why need KYC verification for bounty hunters. If like that then team should announce before start bounty campaign. After completion of bounty campaign ask KYC isn't wise decision. Bounty manager and hunters should know clear about KYC verification.

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
████████▄████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀
███████▀▀

INSTANT 
██████████████████████
████████▀░░░░▀████████
█████▀░▄█▀▀█▄░▀█████
██████░▄▀░░░░▀▄░██████
██████░█░░░░░░█░██████
██████▄░▀▄▄▄▄▀░▄██████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░███
██▌░▐█░░░░░░░░░░█▌░▐██
██░░░█░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░██
███▄░█▌░░▀██▀░░▐█░▄███
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████████████████████

NO KYC  OWN LIQUIDITY RESERVES  
 BTC 

ETH 

LTC 
 DOGE 

TRX  

BNB  
 TRC20 

ERC20 

BEP20 

SWAP NOW   
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:49:12 AM

KYC is good if we are given the guaranteed that our identity is safe but even scam projects implement KYC this days ,that doesn't mean we are safe from scammers and that's what scares me ,imagine if your identity is used for another evil intents so who is to be blamed?the safer choice for me is never to drop my I.d for anything

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:55:35 AM

yes KYC should be stopped for bounty on bitcointalk, we now also see people who sell  KYC from bounty hunters. I tried to do a few project also where there out of the blue was a KYC requirements when the bounty ended to get paid.
For bigger investors the KYC can make sense, but not for bounthy hunters who just do a job to promote the project.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:59:29 AM

If the project does not want to give their token without KYC to the bounty hunters, another option could be ETH. For example look at the Daostack project. They paid ETH to the bounty hunter without KYC.
odranoel

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 12:03:48 PM

With KYC there's nothing to worry for me but if bounty not needed it is much better for me. KYC for me is just an additional work to the bounty hunters but in terms of information sensitivity like others to worried, no to me.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
goaldigger

Activity: 2380
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 12:08:14 PM

What is KYC? It means knowing your customer. In KYC some requirements are required such as: Full Name, Residence address, Citizenship, Birth date, Photo of government issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, ID card),
Social Security number or Tax Identification, Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Photo of bank card .

I honestly think kyc should be stopped for bounty hunters, reason being that we are not buying the token of the project ,rather we are rendering services  to create awareness for the project. Which ought to be paid for.

In another view, if a bounty hunter has to go through KYC ,then it should be at the start of the bounty, during registration, if accepted or passed, then you go on with the bounty.

I did a bounty which i passed, and earned some amount of the token, but i failed kyc and my effort was gone just like that, after rendering my services to them by promoting the project. I got really pained.

This is just an example of what is happening.

What do you all really think about kyc for bounty hunters?

Thats too much. Its like applying for a passport or what. I dont really want to give my information to anyone mostly those i got doubt into. With this information i can hack all your accounts that even just email and password will do. I am not against KYC but this much information isnt. Name and age will enough for me.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
sockpuppet1911

Merit: 278

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 12:09:44 PM

I am not sure to whom this message is for, but it's not up to us, or the ico projects do decide that, their lawyers are just doing their jobs and trying to obey the rules under their countries jurisdiction. Right now it seems that they are either playing it safe as the bounty could a huge in the future. Or the instructions for the legal side of ico procedures have changed. In my opinion, more solid the project is, the probability if kyc for bounty increases. But you do you.
rdewilde

Activity: 925

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 12:14:22 PM

If the project does not want to give their token without KYC to the bounty hunters, another option could be ETH. For example look at the Daostack project. They paid ETH to the bounty hunter without KYC.
There are lots of good bounty paid for bounty hunters without KYC. And projects that require KYC are bad projects and bullshit, I only participate in bounties that don't require KYC, because I participate in this market because of its anonymity

bgpsq

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 01:03:05 PM

I understand why KYC is required. There should be a real person behind every account. However I do not understand, why multi-accounting is forbidden. If the accounts have real followers, than I dont see any problem.
ruli stylon

Activity: 721

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 01:40:20 PM

Just like what happened to me. When KYC fails verification, it will not receive prizes from bounty.
I ask myself, does KYC fail and does not get tokens, where are gift tokens for those who do not qualify as KYC?
KYC requests must be stopped immediately, because it is detrimental to participants who must get a token prize from their work.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 02:02:35 PM

Just like what happened to me. When KYC fails verification, it will not receive prizes from bounty.
I ask myself, does KYC fail and does not get tokens, where are gift tokens for those who do not qualify as KYC?
KYC requests must be stopped immediately, because it is detrimental to participants who must get a token prize from their work.
KYC (Know Your Customer) for bounty hunters is intended to prevent scammers from carrying out campaigns with several different accounts, so that the KYC is intended to minimize the incident.
I don't mind KYC, as long as the conditions aren't too complicated.
dimonarka

Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 02:17:04 PM

I think KYC is not a problem for bounty hunters. What prevents them from asking friends or acquaintances to get confirmation? Yes, I think they will have enough of one account, because now there is a lot of projects
kipoel

Activity: 826
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 02:57:37 PM

I think KYC is not a problem for bounty hunters. What prevents them from asking friends or acquaintances to get confirmation? Yes, I think they will have enough of one account, because now there is a lot of projects
It won't be a problem if it is declared since the beginning of the campaign, but if it is requested after the end of the campaign then that would be a huge problem. in the worst case scenario, its just like avoiding to pay the bounty participant
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: