Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:47:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC SHOULD BE STOPPED FOR BOUNTY HUNTERS  (Read 55958 times)
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 06:56:18 AM

Actually KYC is necessary and some are unnecessary. It is better not to have the KYC for the bounty hunter with the reason that we receive from the payment is also not much. So, this KYC is really a waste of time. Plus a difficult KYC process. Of course this will be very bad. If the bounty hunter cannot do the KYC process, of course they cannot get payment. Even though they work to promote the project too.

hellyah070
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:02:25 AM

What is KYC? It means knowing your customer. In KYC some requirements are required such as: Full Name, Residence address, Citizenship, Birth date, Photo of government issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, ID card),
Social Security number or Tax Identification, Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Photo of bank card .

I honestly think kyc should be stopped for bounty hunters, reason being that we are not buying the token of the project ,rather we are rendering services  to create awareness for the project. Which ought to be paid for.

In another view, if a bounty hunter has to go through KYC ,then it should be at the start of the bounty, during registration, if accepted or passed, then you go on with the bounty.

I did a bounty which i passed, and earned some amount of the token, but i failed kyc and my effort was gone just like that, after rendering my services to them by promoting the project. I got really pained.

This is just an example of what is happening.

What do you all really think about kyc for bounty hunters?
Not really, I still support project whos aim is to obey the rules and jurisdiction of such countries, if so, KYC is allowed and good to verify each and every bounty hunters. Also to promote fairness in this space.
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:27:21 AM

I would not mind passing the KYC on the condition that I would be guaranteed 100% security of my data, which would be stored in a secure, encrypted place, which will self-destruct in the future.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
kiwoh123

Activity: 309
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:24:33 PM

I have no problem with KYC as long as it's worth the fee I get, then I'll do KYC.
but there may be many people who reject it for security reasons, I don't care about security I need money.
centhiniz

Activity: 292
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:54:53 PM

everyone certainly has their own opinion about KYC, if I personally don't really agree with KYC for bounty hunters, but if there is a good project that requires KYC then I have no problem to provide data to fill KYC, but if only for projects less good and no prospects, I prefer to look for other projects

Gridness
Copper Member

Activity: 358
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:16:49 PM

What is KYC? It means knowing your customer. In KYC some requirements are required such as: Full Name, Residence address, Citizenship, Birth date, Photo of government issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, ID card),
Social Security number or Tax Identification, Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Photo of bank card .

I honestly think kyc should be stopped for bounty hunters, reason being that we are not buying the token of the project ,rather we are rendering services  to create awareness for the project. Which ought to be paid for.

In another view, if a bounty hunter has to go through KYC ,then it should be at the start of the bounty, during registration, if accepted or passed, then you go on with the bounty.

I did a bounty which i passed, and earned some amount of the token, but i failed kyc and my effort was gone just like that, after rendering my services to them by promoting the project. I got really pained.

This is just an example of what is happening.

What do you all really think about kyc for bounty hunters?

Maybe Kyc using to reduce the cheater at their project, but basically I don't agree because we are not investors.
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:49:51 PM

everyone certainly has their own opinion about KYC, if I personally don't really agree with KYC for bounty hunters, but if there is a good project that requires KYC then I have no problem to provide data to fill KYC, but if only for projects less good and no prospects, I prefer to look for other projects
How do you know if a new project is good or bad? Scam projects offer most potent features, they are quite active in social media, they can promise anything cause they are fake. KYC can be dangerous if they sell personal info to 3rd party. KYC is against crypto concept imho. I always avoid project that seeks KYC.
axel2078

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:12:21 PM

If it is a good project, I will not hesitate to implement KYC. I'm not too interested in KYC if my information is kept confidential

Cryptmuster
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1214

Glory To Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:13:15 PM

Yes, it is high time to do it, there is little point in this. Someone says that this is to fight bots, someone says that according to the law, you need to do a check, but I do not see this as necessary, and I don’t see help in the fight against bots either, so this is something that is not clear to me.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:23:08 PM

I think KYC should be stopped for bounty hunters because they don't buy tokens but if that's required, projects should do it from the beginning. That will be unfair when the project requires KYC verification while they can request KYC from the beginning
mcTether

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 02:23:13 PM

I have observed closely that bounty campaigns requesting KYC usually have very few participants. It is a great advantage to the few number of people who are ready to take the risk of giving their details.
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:11:02 PM

Well, cannot agree anymore with you. Bounty hunter no need to submit kYC because they are not investors who holds the tokens for long term.
But unfortunately the rules about bounty can change anytime, so just don't participate in the bounty if they can change the rules.
The most unfair one is when the bounty announce it doesn't need to submit KYC, but later it change to KYC is mandatory.

valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:15:23 PM

All operations on verification of people in the network is clearly a violation of the rights of people, because people have the right to communicate and have the right not to tell who they are. This should be so, although I do not think that it is being observed.
naruto7676

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 12:28:49 AM

I regret that bounty hunter must stop need some Kyc because they are not investors and they are also promoters of the project so and all users of bitcointalk accounts is anonymous also.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 12:35:20 AM

Not every bounty program request for KYC. There are several projects that has got restrictions on several countries, being a participant from that respective country will surely affect the market and legal issues. For this they go with the KYC, so that those from the specific location can be eliminated from the campaign as well from investment.
97percent

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 02:59:24 AM

I agree if this KYC is stopped, especially KYC for Bounty participants. I am personally very disadvantaged because I participated in a project using KYC. The coins they provide have no value to date and the developer is no longer active.

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 12:18:24 AM

Kyc aims to prevent multiple account cheating when following a bounty campaign. but on the other hand, sometimes the reward is only a little and is not compatible with the mandatory Kyc. quite difficult situation.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 12:49:43 AM

Kyc aims to prevent multiple account cheating when following a bounty campaign. but on the other hand, sometimes the reward is only a little and is not compatible with the mandatory Kyc. quite difficult situation.

Yes, I agree with you.  I recently participated in Quarkchain bounty and after 2 months of work, the reward that I got is only 280 QKC which is equivalent to $6 but we need to complete KYC to receive the reward.  To me, it is not worthwhile to give away my personal details for just $6.  Wasted, I can say.

I do not know if in your example you were informed that you will have to pass KYC verification before joining the bounty, but it often happens that the manager informs hunters about it after the end of the campaign. This, in my opinion, is also very unfair. Everyone should know about this before joining the bounty program.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 12:53:33 AM

I'm a bounty hunter and I'm not against the idea of KYC because it is a good step towards the verification of the identity of the participants involved and to eliminate double entries and bot. KYC allows the project to know its coin holders which include bounty hunters. It is very important for bounty managers to state that KYC will required at the beginning of the bounty program in order not to cause chaos by waiting till the end of the bounty program.
Litzki1990

Activity: 1218
Merit: 302

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 12:56:51 AM

KYC must be stop for the bounty hunters there is no need to provide KYC by claiming their reward many of them their identity is using for fraud and the reward that you claimimg is only $10 or $20 i think there is no need of doing KYC.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: