Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC SHOULD BE STOPPED FOR BOUNTY HUNTERS  (Read 55960 times)
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 08:41:11 AM

Seriously,  it's so frustrating from my side too! Imagine, many untrustworthy projects use it as a means in depriving people of their payments for a job well done. Therefore, if something can be done in this regard, it will really be great.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 12:36:14 PM

What is KYC? It means knowing your customer. In KYC some requirements are required such as: Full Name, Residence address, Citizenship, Birth date, Photo of government issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, ID card),
Social Security number or Tax Identification, Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Photo of bank card .

I honestly think kyc should be stopped for bounty hunters, reason being that we are not buying the token of the project ,rather we are rendering services  to create awareness for the project. Which ought to be paid for.

In another view, if a bounty hunter has to go through KYC ,then it should be at the start of the bounty, during registration, if accepted or passed, then you go on with the bounty.

I did a bounty which i passed, and earned some amount of the token, but i failed kyc and my effort was gone just like that, after rendering my services to them by promoting the project. I got really pained.

This is just an example of what is happening.

What do you all really think about kyc for bounty hunters?

I think kyc for bounty participants is wrong and uncalled for
Especially when it wasn’t mentioned at the start of the bounty project; we are workers not buyers

But let’s see, maybe hopefully; things work out rightly for us bounty hunters
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 12:42:20 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2019, 12:21:28 AM by Question123

In bounty hunters it's better to continue to make rules about KYC to avoid cheating who are joining more than few account in one bounty but in the investor of the ICO better to don't have any KYC rules because it's their own money.

They need to choose where they are going to require the KYC they need to  research first and do survey what is bad effects
Alucard2425
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 12:51:43 PM

For me its still better to have a KYC in bounty so that no one can make more that one account in a bounty Wink
maximumcoin

Activity: 487
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:28:31 PM

Bounty hunters are welcome, but bounty hunting farms are not welcome.
So, the KYCs implemented for some objectives, such as giving more tools and details to trace back money flow when needed by authorities.
Next, it might help to protect investors better.
Lastly, KYC will help to screen bounty hunting farms, bring them more challenges a bit.
So, I don't think KYCs will be lifted up by both local authorities and managers of bounties.

Em00n01

Activity: 737
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 08:04:45 PM

In another view, if a bounty hunter has to go through KYC ,then it should be at the start of the bounty, during registration, if accepted or passed, then you go on with the bounty.

I am agree with you in this point. But i think KYC should be mandatory for Bounty Hunters. Because there are too many cheaters who joined with multiple accounts.
ZEIIMAN

Activity: 924
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 08:27:13 PM

In my opinion, there should be no KYC for bounty hunters at all. Even if this procedure they announce at the beginning of the bounty of the company. We are also your developers do not transmit their documents and we do not sign any contract.
Rimon365

Activity: 623
Merit: 100

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 09:13:24 PM

Yes, I think kyc should be closed for bounty hunters. Keeping kyc increased additional problems. There are many bounty hunters who do not get kyc. For that reason they do not get their tokens. Many teams are neglected these.

joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 09:20:27 PM

Sorry to hear about your unfair treatment and i do agree with you that performing of KYC should be scrapped off the table for bounty hunters. Also, if there is going to be any KYC then i guess it should be announced at the beginning of the thread and i think in case any participants fails to go by the duration of the KYC process then their funds should be reduced other than nullifying them.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 09:40:35 PM

There are 2 reasons why bounty hunters do not want to go through KYC process:
1. because they are cheating with multi accounts
2. because they really care about their privacy, is it good? what they are hiding? paying taxes or?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 09:43:14 PM

There are 2 reasons why bounty hunters do not want to go through KYC process:
1. because they are cheating with multi accounts
2. because they really care about their privacy, is it good? what they are hiding? paying taxes or?

Both these reasons can be valid but I think some people probably are worried about their privacy and identity theft risk with some of the bounties.
yecats

Activity: 395
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 09:51:34 PM

We cannot  really stopped  KYC  its the bounty  management  discretion  if don't  want to give  you personal  info just  like me  because  it' s  too risky  for us  just  simply don't join bounties  that asking kyc.
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:13:15 PM

If only we can speak with one voice, then it would have been possible.
The problem sometimes is that, when you see some bounty hunters , rejecting kyc, some hunters We will be the ones today
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:15:37 PM

We cannot  really stopped  KYC  its the bounty  management  discretion  if don't  want to give  you personal  info just  like me  because  it' s  too risky  for us  just  simply don't join bounties  that asking kyc.

but if everyone will ignore ICOs with KYC requirements for bounty hunters they may think about avoiding this procedure.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Chicky213
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:20:34 PM

Imposing KYC in hunters isn't fair at all, especially those that won't indicate that kyc is needed initially till after campaigning. It is really unfair. I have participated in one bounty that only brought up kyc after we finished working. They demanded for only passport which like 50% of the hunters don't have which made them lose their rewards.
CTRLX

Activity: 910
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:23:19 PM

It is very reasonable to make KYC by investors, legally required, big sums of money are paid and KYC is important for  known of the source of the money. However, Bounty huntesr receive a very low amount of reward in return for their work. I think, often it is not ethical to inform KYC at the end of the bounty.
ChiNgadOr

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:23:45 PM

Projects should be always concerned about security and compliance with regulations, and therefore  follow  strict policies (KYC, AML,... related) in order to avoid future loses to stakeholders. Bounty hunters recieve tokens for their work, so it is a form of salary.. so legally,  should be applied same conditions that to investors. Anyway, all this must be warned clearly in campaign, so people can decide before joining. I just joined Vibrabids platform bounty for the launch of their @Beatzcoin... all KYC requirements were clearly stated!

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:30:28 PM

You know, at the beginning of 2018 it was legit problem and something could be taken as a measure, because at that time KYC has just appeared for hunters.
But now 1 year has passed and nothing can be done about it, so just forget!

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:37:32 PM

KYC is one way to reduce fraud. And if it's stopped for bounty hunters, I think it's not effective in reducing fraud. But we still need to be vigilant and not easily send your ID data. Check before you decide to do KYC.
newdevices

Activity: 1048
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 11:25:37 PM

I agree, if you don't want to fill KYC, then just following a bounty that doesn't require KYC, there are still many projects that don't require KYC, indeed in the KYC the security of personal data is not guaranteed, so there is a risk of misuse, I am not really a problem filling KYC in a bounty but the project must have good prospects and deliver great results
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: