Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:53:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO Dying ?  (Read 1055 times)
bp124 (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 11:57:36 PM

I am Bounty  Hunter and For past one Month  i have notice something which is beyond my thinking .. I have been participating any many bounty  but right what i notice is that  ICO  project is really straggle to reach  soft-cap  whilst STO  are reaching hard cap . Are people forgetting about ICO and Moving Into STO ?   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evanescence

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 12:27:24 AM

Just last week we had a x10 ICO, how is this bad lol, we're still in the bubble phase. People will now return and look for other promising pumps.

snollygoster

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 12:59:10 AM

The main reason why ICO these days are failing is because every team just planned how to gather funds and not on how to really deliver a product. I used to aim for projects that have been in the technology space for a long time, similar to Sylo. They have been in this industry for more than 5 years now and they are recently working on decentralization through blockchain on their communication platform. It's more likely that a project and team that has been around for a long time to succeed than a team that was set up just like a showcase for ICOs.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 01:11:48 AM

Just last week we had a x10 ICO, how is this bad lol, we're still in the bubble phase. People will now return and look for other promising pumps.

what are you referring to? there's lots of icos going at all times but the way you phrase it sounds like it's some common-knowledge ico, like btt?
it seems like bad development saying people will return and look for pumps! not good for crypto.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 01:16:09 AM

I am Bounty  Hunter and For past one Month  i have notice something which is beyond my thinking .. I have been participating any many bounty  but right what i notice is that  ICO  project is really straggle to reach  soft-cap  whilst STO  are reaching hard cap . Are people forgetting about ICO and Moving Into STO ?   
For now it's bad but it's not dying, wait for the right time, ICO are still here and some are still running it
because they know there are still people in the space who are willing to invest.
It may not reach the hard cap or the price may fall after listing, but that's alright as it's normal, you have to wait a little more time.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 01:23:13 AM

don't worry, ICO won't die,
many projects are forced to postpone their projects because the market is down,
so, however, there is nothing wrong with trying other projects, because it is indeed very difficult for projects to achieve soft caps,
and indeed it must be a really good project to be able to easily get even hardcap softcaps like BTT.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
snisps

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 01:51:16 AM

The main reason why ICO these days are failing is because every team just planned how to gather funds and not on how to really deliver a product. I used to aim for projects that have been in the technology space for a long time, similar to Sylo. They have been in this industry for more than 5 years now and they are recently working on decentralization through blockchain on their communication platform. It's more likely that a project and team that has been around for a long time to succeed than a team that was set up just like a showcase for ICOs.

I've noticed this one too. Taking your example I search about Sylo and I can see they were active way before even crypto started being hyped, I can also name a ton of projects that had platforms and applications before trying to move toward blockchain. That is the best approach for a project to succeed, since we saw what a massacre 2017 was were more than 90% of ICOs failed and the money went missing.
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 02:11:48 AM

The situation of the crypto market is currently being destroyed, forcing developers to switch to STO, because STO is more attractive to investors because their money is safer than investing in ICO. The current trend is indeed being switched to STO
kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 02:12:53 AM

I think the dying for ICO is not right to say, actually the dying ones at this time are investors, after the bad situation in the investors' market increases their alertness, they don't experience similar bad things.
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 02:14:34 AM

I think the dying for ICO is not right to say, actually the dying ones at this time are investors, after the bad situation in the investors' market increases their alertness, they don't experience similar bad things.
Maybe because they normally are eager to invest when the market is bullish.
Most investors are here for short term profit, so you cannot expect them to invest knowing price will dump afterwards.

terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 02:16:41 AM

There's still ICO on pre and post progress.
I think they are about to be dead but if something new happens.
And it lead people to the new craze that will make the ICO lively again.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Atheneum Blockchain
Copper Member

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 02:16:58 AM

People are just waiting to see how regulation sorts itself out.  It's not that there's not a demand from the retail investor market but the companies that are developing projects are not going the ICO route because they may be legally liable.  
Atheneum Blockchain
Copper Member

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 02:26:06 AM

There's still ICO on pre and post progress.
I think they are about to be dead but if something new happens.
And it lead people to the new craze that will make the ICO lively again.

True.  I could see ICO making a come back. 
Perie200

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 02:27:56 AM

Without ICO, it will be difficult for projects to gather the initial audience and find investors who will believe in their idea. Think will live long time, probably will be any changes and improvements.So you can not worry, everything goes according to plan.
erkan.camli
Copper Member

Activity: 191

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 02:32:12 AM

I don't think the ICO will end. They're just too bad. Many projects do not pass the soft cap stage. I think that when the markets revive, ICOs will also rise. There is no demand in the market now. Therefore, it is normal for ICOs to fail. Moving days will begin when the bull season comes.
bezzler

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 02:33:39 AM

Why do i feel dejavu about this kind of thread asking about if the IO is died or something like that.
Why don't they just following the old trhead, instead of making this similar thread over and over again. since the answer for their question already available in that old thread.
Raizou

Activity: 758
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 02:44:17 AM

I've been noticing threads and comments with this theme, which makes me think of a collective thinking about the difficulties and challenges of ICOs these days! It's incredible because 1 and 1/2 ago, hardly anyone would predict such pessimism, but it's true that the market was being flooded day after day of new projects and many of them, as you can see, died before the age of 2! We are arriving at a time when some ICOs are accountable and show what they produced in that period! I remember Bancor having raised millions of dollars for example.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 05:25:15 AM

I am not yet convinced that ICOs are dying. It could be that investors became more picky this time given that there were many failed projects before. Investors now have become smarter and do not invest out of hype but because of quality products and unique ideas which many ICOs don't have.
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:25:22 AM

Yes, now the situation is this way. ICOs proved to be inconsistent in terms of protecting investors (from fraudsters, from project failure, etc.). At this stage, the transition to the STO seems appropriate. And then there will be something else. This is a normal process for the development of a young cryptocurrency market, the search for optimal solutions.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:39:45 AM

ICOs died more than a year ago, what you see nowadays is just newbies who didn't get the memo so they still think the market is as gullible as before so they continue creating their useless ICOs and try to scam people with it.
nowadays those who got the memo are switching to STO and are trying to scam people under a different mask and some of them are even succeeding at that  but STOs are also nearly dead because they are the same as ICO and just as bad.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: