Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070029 times)
matej krkic

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:08:50 PM

In my opinion, ByteCoin is not premined.  Others who are butthurt tend to disagree, but the fact of the matter is that it is debatable because the coin wasn't "premined" in the strict sense of the word.  FUDsters throw that around way too much.  If anything DarkCoin was 50% premined because half of the current coins were instamined within 48 hours of launch!  Look at all the DarkCoin fanboys, blind to reality.  ByteCoin was relatively unknown to the public, so they scream premined!!1 when in actuality it was mined by thousands of people for a few years.  BCN is the real deal...Monero is a poorly marketed and branded copy cat and DarkCoin has it's many flaws which I don't need to get into.  BCN and ducknote FTW.

It was MINED by THOUSANDS of people, yet completely unknown to the crypto community. You can't believe that now can you?

Why not? Any arguments?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:16:49 PM

Monero, Bytecoin and duckNote FTW!

I think we can all agree that Darkcoin deserves to go to the toilet.  Grin
heskey

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:14:48 PM

In my opinion, ByteCoin is not premined.  Others who are butthurt tend to disagree, but the fact of the matter is that it is debatable because the coin wasn't "premined" in the strict sense of the word.  FUDsters throw that around way too much.  If anything DarkCoin was 50% premined because half of the current coins were instamined within 48 hours of launch!  Look at all the DarkCoin fanboys, blind to reality.  ByteCoin was relatively unknown to the public, so they scream premined!!1 when in actuality it was mined by thousands of people for a few years.  BCN is the real deal...Monero is a poorly marketed and branded copy cat and DarkCoin has it's many flaws which I don't need to get into.  BCN and ducknote FTW.
I myself was one of the buthurts that wined about it, and I still think it would be better to launch the coin in a way that involves as many people as possible. But I've come to realize that in the end it really doesn't matter whether a coin launch involves 10, 100, or a 100 thousand people, because there will still be a big part of humanity that's left out.
This is no organized national economy, I view it more as an asset, like gold. And I bought my share at an affordable price. Either you invest, or you dont - simple as that. This world ain't fair, mother nature has never been fair (or at least in the way that we define that word).

Monero is just a sad copy, and my bet is that the developers of that coin barely can understand half of the bytecoin code. Bytecoin is undoubtedly a very creative and innovative piece of technology.

And who knows what plans the developers/huge holders have for the future, I mean, in two years they could figure out a less selfish way(than selling it) to make their coins accessible to the public.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 10:40:43 PM

Monero is just a sad copy, and my bet is that the developers of that coin barely can understand half of the bytecoin code. Bytecoin is undoubtedly a very creative and innovative piece of technology.

And who knows what plans the developers/huge holders have for the future, I mean, in two years they could figure out a less selfish way(than selling it) to make their coins accessible to the public.

Your bet would be incorrect - on what do you base your assertion?

Your last point hits the nail on the head: who knows what the people with 82% of every Bytecoin that will ever exist will do? Whether they purposely kept mum on it for 2 years or completely faked the blockchain data, I think it a stretch to hope for completely altruistic actions in the future.

ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:41:35 PM

Im filling out the request form to be added to CMC and it is asking for:
"Please provide a URL that shows the total number of coins in real time."

and

"Please provide a URL of the coin's official logo"

Does anyone have these links?

Thanks
ThePatient

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:27:09 PM

Also, the bcn.cryptostats.org link in the OP doesn't seem to be updated? It shows latest blocks as being from 2 years ago and current # of coins in circulation as less then 1 million.

ThePatient

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:27:48 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 01:45:05 AM by ThePatient

And is there no IRC channel for BCN, yet? I know BTE has one called bytecoin (which sucks they got that name first)....but we should get one going.

Come on guys, lets get some communitty action started. This is the original cryptonote coin, it demands an active community.

edit: just created an IRC: #BytecoinBCN

#BCN is already registered to a 'vual'. Is that a member of the community? or is that BCN something different?
heskey

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:03:09 AM

Your bet would be incorrect - on what do you base your assertion?

Your last point hits the nail on the head: who knows what the people with 82% of every Bytecoin that will ever exist will do? Whether they purposely kept mum on it for 2 years or completely faked the blockchain data, I think it a stretch to hope for completely altruistic actions in the future.
I have no base, other than that someone was 2 years ahead of someone else who manage to create a fork of their work. The monero guys probably didn't even have a clue that anonymity was the shiet until darkcoin showed them, and after that they wanted to make a quick buck and go down in history books as the 'inventors of the modern "new age" anonymous economy' pfft.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:07:18 AM

I have no base, other than that someone was 2 years ahead of someone else who manage to create a fork of that work. The monero guys probably didn't even have a clue that anonymity was the shiet until darkcoin showed them, and after that they wanted to make a quick buck and go down in history books as the 'inventors of the modern "new age" anonymous economy' pfft.

I was aware of Bitcoin privacy issues since learning about Bitcoin in 2011.

I was aware of DarkCoin since its genesis block. A lot of people who were technologically ill-informed were pumping it at the Texas conference earlier this year.

However, I have never been aware that DarkCoin afforded any privacy (not even talking about anonymity at this point), because its approaches are naive.  All the recent "MasterNode" discussion and RCX code is only convincing me moreso of this. So, I never invested or became involved in DarkCoin.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
heskey

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:23:43 AM

I have no base, other than that someone was 2 years ahead of someone else who manage to create a fork of that work. The monero guys probably didn't even have a clue that anonymity was the shiet until darkcoin showed them, and after that they wanted to make a quick buck and go down in history books as the 'inventors of the modern "new age" anonymous economy' pfft.

I was aware of DarkCoin since its genesis block. A lot of people who were technologically ill-informed were pumping it at the Texas conference earlier this year.

However, I have never been aware that DarkCoin afforded any privacy (not even talking about anonymity at this point), because its approaches are naive.  All the recent "MasterNode" discussion and RCX code is only convincing me moreso of this. So, I never invested or became involved in DarkCoin.
Alright. But seriously, monero appeared only some weeks after bytecoin got introduced to the forum. It's nothing more than a fork, it didn't even bring a GUI to the users.
I agree with you about darkcoin. But at the time it was launched, it was considered the first attempt to make a anonymous crypto, and the developer has showed us a lot of devotion and creative work.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:40:41 AM

Alright. But seriously, monero appeared only some weeks after bytecoin got introduced to the forum. It's nothing more than a fork, it didn't even bring a GUI to the users.
I agree with you about darkcoin. But at the time it was launched, it was considered the first attempt to make a anonymous crypto, and the developer has showed us a lot of devotion and creative work.

yes monero totally a waste of time; stay with bcn and show them who have the more skilllllllz
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:48:16 AM

yes monero totally a waste of time; stay with bcn and show them who have the more skilllllllz

So the post you made on the Monero thread....

depending on "large" amounts; but i already bought 15k through polo.

i'm in for the "permanent finance" !  Cheesy

Do you just post, to post?
babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:01:49 AM

I, too, think that Monero is just a sad copy of ByteCoin (very poor name and branding, marketing fail during launch too IMO--I don't need to get into that discussion :p).  I also agree that in the end the amount of initial users of this coin doesn't really matter, especially since the coin is so cheap right now (hovering around 5 satoshis).  Such a small percentage of the world even owns the most popular crypto, bitcoin!  It would be so easy for a new bitcoin adopter to say the same thing about bitcoin, being 61% mined without their knowledge.  Fairness is subjective...

ducknote is a funny coin, I actually like it.  I know I just said Monero had a poor name, and some would say the same about ducknote...but I beg to differ.  I think the coin idea is funny in a sort of sarcastic way and the duck is neutral.  Fun experiment none-the-less...definitely open for some meme-age.  Plus, who said ducks aren't marketable?   "AAAFLLLAAAAC!!!"

I enjoy the mystery and seemingly true to its nature history of ByteCoin.  It's the real deal, and does not need hype *cough*DarkCoin.  I think a lot of Shibes have bought into DarkCoin, or so it seems by the nature of its community to some level.  I also am really interested in ducknote and I think that Monero, FantomCoin, QuazarCoin, and DarkCoin will not succeed in the long run.

Just my 2 QUACKS!  Wink

PS: CryptoNote block chains and charts: https://minergate.com/blockchain/bcn/blocks
burnbabyburn71

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:00:49 AM

BCN just jumped to 11 satoshis from 7 on Poloniex Cheesy Looks like this coin is going far.

Web Dev | General Graphics Design | Windows/Linux Wallet Compiles | Certified member of the BCs
rangedriver

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:19:11 AM

I think another reason that Bytecoin is failing to capture the public's inspiration is because the name is wayyyy to similar to Bitcoin. That's a massive point of confusion further down the line.

duckNote actually has a better brand than BCN. The main trouble with duckNote though is that the developer doesn't do any work.

Personally I don't mind about the Bytecoin premine as I've already made 300% profit on it.
rangedriver

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:29:59 AM

I think another reason that Bytecoin is failing to capture the public's inspiration is because the name is wayyyy to similar to Bitcoin. That's a massive point of confusion further down the line.

duckNote actually has a better brand than BCN. The main trouble with duckNote though is that the developer doesn't do any work.

Personally I don't mind about the Bytecoin premine as I've already made 300% profit on it.

Scratch that. The duckNote devs are pro-active. I was getting confused with BCN. It looks like the duckNote team are gearing up for Poloniex adoption.

I see duckNote being the 'doge' version of cryptonote. Could go far.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:38:07 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 08:51:44 AM by smooth

Indeed, that's exactly what it tried to be. I prefer to call it a relaunch (without shady 80% premine) than a fork, although there were enough superficial changes (moving decimal point, etc.) to consider it a fork. In practice though, it was mostly just an open relaunch of Bytecoin, instead of trying to pass off the testnet using false claims of a large community with deep web "stores and services" and other lies.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:40:24 AM

In my opinion, ByteCoin is not premined.  Others who are butthurt tend to disagree, but the fact of the matter is that it is debatable because the coin wasn't "premined" in the strict sense of the word.  FUDsters throw that around way too much.  If anything DarkCoin was 50% premined because half of the current coins were instamined within 48 hours of launch!  Look at all the DarkCoin fanboys, blind to reality.  ByteCoin was relatively unknown to the public, so they scream premined!!1 when in actuality it was mined by thousands of people for a few years.  BCN is the real deal...Monero is a poorly marketed and branded copy cat and DarkCoin has it's many flaws which I don't need to get into.  BCN and ducknote FTW.

It was MINED by THOUSANDS of people, yet completely unknown to the crypto community. You can't believe that now can you?

Why not? Any arguments?

Zero verifiable evidence.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:42:19 AM

I have no base, other than that someone was 2 years ahead of someone else who manage to create a fork of their work. The monero guys probably didn't even have a clue that anonymity was the shiet until darkcoin showed them, and after that they wanted to make a quick buck and go down in history books as the 'inventors of the modern "new age" anonymous economy' pfft.

100% bullshit straw man argument. The developers of Monero have never claimed nor do they ever claim to have invented the technology.

At least learn some of the history before going off spouting nonsense.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:49:52 AM

Sure, why not. Could you tell me how this is not a possibility in your mind?

I can't speak for the previous poster but I can tell you that it is a near-zero possibility in my mind. It is hard to keep secrets and the cryptonote technology is incredibly interesting and important. I think gmaxwell (bitcoin core developer) described it here as one of the most significant developments since bitcoin (paraphrasing). Look at how quickly knowledge of Monero has spread throughout the bitcoin community and has become a "big thing."

If it had been out there being mined by thousands of people, word would have almost certainly gotten out, and due to the significance of the technology would have spread rapidly. Some random poster claimed on this thread to have heard about it, and that is actually credible in the sense that (hypothetically) with thousands of people involved others would have heard about it. What is not credible is word of this hugely significant technology not spreading widely.

Since I don't believe the claim of thousands of people keeping such a secret for two years, I view such claims as more evidence of deception and fraudulent intent.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: