Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:51:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070070 times)
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:44:21 PM

And gmaxwell has NEVER endorsed Monero...
Though he has praised the BCN team and their CN tech...
And has specifically, publically condemned the Monero group as a bunch of thieves...
The exact discussion is out there... we will have to revisit it on a regular basis.

I doubt gmaxwell feels one way or the other -- he just thought the ring signature technique for obfuscating inputs was neat.

Anyway, I'm not here to turf the BCN thread and I'm thankful for their codebase, I just wish they would coordinate with us a bit better so we can both work on improving our respective projects.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Keyboard-Mash

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:44:40 PM

mibbidy goop

Hey! You seem like you know what's going on with BCN. I posted this before but nobody responded, maybe you have ideas on any of these questions?

What I'm really interested in is .. have people in this thread been led to believe that they can or will ever become part of the closed community that Bytecoin is used by? I figured them for Cypherpunks .. or as they're saying nowaways, "Crypto-enthusiasts" instead of the usual "crypto-activists".

I mean they have the Cyphernomicon in their blockchain so this is hardly a stretch .. are any of you Cypherpunks? Anyone on the mailing list? Don't get me wrong that's cool as hell .. but my background isn't programming Sad Cypherpunks write code .. so I left their money well enough alone after I figured whose it was Wink

What about that picture for anon web hosting .. don't they advertize like .1 BTC = .001 BCN? Wouldn't that make the marketcap like $1,022,985,600,000 .. a trillion dollars! That's insane! I wonder what kind of mansions they all live in Cheesy Do you guys think that's what they trade it for on their websites?

I thought of another ... do you think these people have the ability to even sign a pgp message with cicada 3301 signature? It would be impossible to do so without the password. Even then, would they dare to sign it? I see no tendency for worshiping prime numbers here .. but maybe that's not needed for this?

Maybe they're just largely in support of what they do? Cicada 3301 has a solid history of not using browsers to access their websites and providing their pgp key first thing as they dont mess around. I think their support is admirable, maybe they're on the waiting list to get into "the big leagues" like cicada 3301?

Does anyone think making a currency like this would qualify them?
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:55:33 PM

I doubt gmaxwell feels one way or the other -- he just thought the ring signature technique for obfuscating inputs was neat.

Anyway, I'm not here to turf the BCN thread and I'm thankful for their codebase, I just wish they would coordinate with us a bit better so we can both work on improving our respective projects.

This argument seems personal and not at all related to BCN, please take this to its own thread or continue on a freenode.

Oh and why would they want to assist you guys on your respective project when a good portion of your dev team degrade and slander the Bytecoin name and history.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:04:18 PM

Patron92

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:05:20 PM

I did ... Well Minecraft community, nascar, olimpics etc.. Doge still have a nice relationship with media ... I have a rudimentary metrics on socialmedia
.. Got some google alert bots with all tops cryptocoins ... Bitcoin is on top followed by doge litecoin ripple and now darkcoin making some statistical relevance ... In marketing there are some rules like people need to hear about a product at least 7 times before start looking for further information about it ...

Its very interesting how social media works. Bytecoin has been around since 2012 and never blew up like Doge. Its was just chillin there, in a Crypto world.
sorryforthat

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:20:00 PM

Well the first reason Monero came into existence was as a response to the 80% premine, so when you guys in this thread slander Monero we are going to come in to defend Monero.

Also the Bytecoin name was already tarnished by BTE. :p

I'm tired of saying this, but the Bytecoin history needs slandering, because it's a total joke that has fooled the lot of you.

A CryptoCurrency is two things; its community and its technical merit.

Monero is innovative, our first innovation is a innovation of the market place, we offer the worlds first non-premined CryptoNote currency.

You do realize that your response to a premine that is always on blast by only Monero Devs, and we all know Smooth loves to come here every other day and mention that in a post inviting all to Monero. What a terrible marketing gimmick.

I understand that your innovation is clearly the market place but most importantly the exchange which in the end will get the devs a nice penny. So I suppose I could take the corporate coin that Monero is turning out to be, relativity fast or I could take the coin with the devs that have not needed to defend themselves and could care less about the bullshit you guys come here to say to create a false sense of accomplishment over at Monero.

And just so you know, that’s not real innovation (being the first). I have seen more innovation from the Boolberry team and Quazars small community the last few weeks than I have from you guys.  Get your shit together and focus on the coin because your community most certainly (You can be sure they scour the exchanges though).
Agent99

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:29:02 PM

Its very interesting how social media works. Bytecoin has been around since 2012 and never blew up like Doge. Its was just chillin there, in a Crypto world.

2012! What makes me feel a little bit out-of-date  (-ish) is that i discovered bitcoin 1 year ago. Then, maybe half a year after i found out that altcoins exist. My investigations lead me to this wonder for all cryptocoin fans - bitcointalk. Aaaaand im here. And every time im here i learn something new.
Im sorry for this little digression Roll Eyes
Agent99

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:34:50 PM

Well the first reason Monero came into existence was as a response to the 80% premine, so when you guys in this thread slander Monero we are going to come in to defend Monero.

Also the Bytecoin name was already tarnished by BTE. :p

I'm tired of saying this, but the Bytecoin history needs slandering, because it's a total joke that has fooled the lot of you.

A CryptoCurrency is two things; its community and its technical merit.

Monero is innovative, our first innovation is a innovation of the market place, we offer the worlds first non-premined CryptoNote currency.

Wait.... wat. How is Monero innovative? How, being a fork of Bytecoin it can be innovative?
Keyboard-Mash

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:41:45 PM

You do realize that your response to a premine that is always on blast by only Monero Devs, and we all know Smooth loves to come here every other day and mention that in a post inviting all to Monero. What a terrible marketing gimmick.

I understand that your innovation is clearly the market place but most importantly the exchange which in the end will get the devs a nice penny. So I suppose I could take the corporate coin that Monero is turning out to be, relativity fast or I could take the coin with the devs that have not needed to defend themselves and could care less about the bullshit you guys come here to say to create a false sense of accomplishment over at Monero.

And just so you know, that’s not real innovation (being the first). I have seen more innovation from the Boolberry team and Quazars small community the last few weeks than I have from you guys.  Get your shit together and focus on the coin because your community most certainly (You can be sure they scour the exchanges though).

Why don't you think the BCN developers have needed to defend themselves? If they don't .. what don't they have to defend themselves from? I keep asking questions, but they keep getting ignored.

I'm starting to think that this thread has alot of people outside the closed off Bytecoin community ignoring me because they're still hoping for a message in their inbox or email welcoming them to a secret society. Do you hope for this? You gonna be a VIP  Cool

When you're defending this from smooth's daily remiders, what do you think you're defending? I'm really trying to wrap my head around it .. maybe you have ideas on the questions I keep asking Huh
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:42:26 PM

Monero is just a cheap, lazy fork that steals/syncs the BCN code every weekend...

I can' t even figure out how you make this stuff up since there have been no new code on BCN to "steal/sync" for around two weeks, and even before that there was more development going on directly on the Monero fork. Take a look at the commit histories on github. Facts.

They don't even have a fucking wallet... because they can't steal it from the BCN devs.

There are at least two prototype wallets, both developed within the Monero sphere and sponsored by the Monero community. When complete they will likely be adopted by the other cryptonote forks (at least the ones that actually have active developers at all).  Nothing wrong with that -- open source is supposed to work that way. Again, get your facts straight.

Stealing intellectual property is 1000 times worse...

That's nice, since no IP stealing has occurred. Learn what open source means.

And gmaxwell has NEVER endorsed Monero...

I never claimed that he did. I said that he identified the technology as interesting and significant. Enough so as to make the secret of its existence being kept by 1000+ extraordinary and unlikely.
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:47:54 PM

Wait.... wat. How is Monero innovative? How, being a fork of Bytecoin it can be innovative?
It is innovative because it destroys the premine and replaces it with a perfectly fair and smooth launch.

The BCN devs should've got rid of their testnet and relaunched it so it would be fair.

In light of the mistakes of the BCN devs, when Bitmonero was dying, instead of relaunching, we decided to rebrand after five days of ninja mining and finally start gathering attention.

Keyboard-Mash

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:54:04 PM

It is innovative because it destroys the premine and replaces it with a perfectly fair and smooth launch.

The BCN devs should've got rid of their testnet and relaunched it so it would be fair.

In light of the mistakes of the BCN devs, when Bitmonero was dying, instead of relaunching, we decided to rebrand after five days of ninja mining and finally start gathering attention.

I just always thought they had their own closed community with an economy that only Cypherpunks were invited to .. not that there were any mistakes. I've just been assuming that since it's hard to scale up the technology without major changes .. maybe their intent to to foster hundreds of smaller ones?

Maybe they were just trying to show us all that CN can work, and that's why the CN website is set on assisting people build forks?

I think smooth just quoted that a few hours ago ..

edit: found it!

Don't need to ask because they've already stated their position. In fact they've offered to help!

"We will help you establish your own CN-based cryptocurrency"

https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6

In fact they suggest forking as a development strategy

"For the reference code consider Bytecoin (BCN) source code"

https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6#p8

The way CN worded it made me feel that the code should be used, but not that I should try to use their already working implementation .. thoughts anyone?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:59:25 PM

It was originally intended specifically as a clean relaunch to break away from the shady premine and other questionable practices (sock puppet accounts, fake claims of stores and services, etc.) associated with Bytecoin, which is exactly what it did.

The Monero project and community has since evolved to become far more innovative, as described by tacotime several posts back. I also notice that one of the Monero pools (enabled by the open source pool implementation sponsored by the core team) has now released a beautiful looking native MacOS wallet.

Keyboard-Mash

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:02:24 PM

It was originally intended specifically as a clean relaunch to break away from the shady premine and other questionable practices (sock puppet accounts, fake claims of stores and services, etc.) associated with Bytecoin, which is exactly what it did.

The Monero project and community has since evolved to become far more innovative, as described by tacotime several posts back. I also notice that one of the Monero pools (enabled by the open source pool implementation sponsored by the core team) has now released a beautiful looking native MacOS wallet.

So innovative the pools mine innovations! Cheesy
matej krkic

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:05:47 PM

Pool!

Not "devs" =))

Keyboard-Mash

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:14:33 PM

Pool!

Not "devs" =))

Third party support by a world more ready to accept cryptocurrencies will be the major driving force for altcoins in this year and the coming years.

Seems kinda petty to put someone down for not doing the work that someone else was glad to put forth. I mean I don't blame gmaxwell for Darkcoin .. or I don't blame Satoshi for coinbase .. it would be silly to do that  Roll Eyes

I've seen you post here a lot! Maybe you have thoughts on all these questions I keep coming up with?
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 07:16:46 PM

Extreme Pool - New and Improved!

Features
•2% Fee
•Longpolling Enabled on http ports
•Payouts after 60 block confirmations
•Latest pool code
•Variable Difficulty based on your individual CPU performance
•Verified Secure
•Dedicated Staff
•Exceptional Support

We are constantly working with all the communities to provide whatever services need to be provided, from testing functionality to setting up bounties!

Visit us at http://www.extremepool.org
Email us @ support@extremepool.org
Talk to us on IRC, Server Freenode, channel #extremepool

Hope to mine with you soon!

http://bcn.extremepool.org

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:31:25 PM

I have published the entire trade history for bytecoin on cryptonote exchange: https://cryptonote.exchange.to/exchange_transactions_bcn.csv

type: 1 = buy, 2 = sell
time: UTC

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:36:29 PM

Pool!

Not "devs" =))

I view that as a good thing.

What matters is the strength of the community and economy.

I'd rather see a robust and decentralized community developing code and services than some central committee of developers doing everything.

In fact we have explicitly encouraged this by offering open bounties for independent developers to work on important components such as the open source pool implementation (now widely used by all cryptnote forks) and GUIs (still under development).

But I view fully-independent effort such as this new wallet as even better.
sorryforthat

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:50:06 PM

Why don't you think the BCN developers have needed to defend themselves? If they don't .. what don't they have to defend themselves from? I keep asking questions, but they keep getting ignored.

It’s just silly to augment to the tune of Monero Devs and heavy bag holders that frequent this thread to ask silly questions and say they have gotten no answers. It isn’t that you have received no answers but rather you refuse to acknowledge the answers you have been given. So this vicious cycle with continue; DRK to Monero, Monero to Bytecoin and so on, But why? Why would the creator of something, the true innovation not defend itself? Because quite honestly it has nothing to really defend. They have no needs to gain such that of other coins like Dark and Monero, etc. Price of the coin doesn’t matter, their code is not in question, and the only thing in question is the misuse of words to facilitate your false meaning. Monero chooses to be a dictator of sorts and create this all powerful meaning and put so much faith on being a fair release with (as you guys say) no "premine". There is a Monero presence in every crypotnote coin thread(Ducknote, MTN, QCN). All quite negative.

I'm starting to think that this thread has alot of people outside the closed off Bytecoin community ignoring me because they're still hoping for a message in their inbox or email welcoming them to a secret society. Do you hope for this? You gonna be a VIP  Cool

This is the point where you move from sound question to low blows, a cheap shot at everyone in this thread. I have no need to be part of some secret community, nor do I strive to do so. Let’s stay on track now.

When you're defending this from smooth's daily remiders, what do you think you're defending? I'm really trying to wrap my head around it .. maybe you have ideas on the questions I keep asking Huh

This is more or less a re-hash of your opening remark so I honest don’t feel compelled to reply.

I don’t think that you guys need to really do things like this. I am a supporter of both. I have been with both since they were introduced in this thread, one of the first Monero miners and a heavy holder of XMR and BCN. My intent is not to fame one more than the other, it’s to end this useless banter that is really fading the image that I have of Monero and its team. It all seems desperate and you guys are far better than this. Soon you will be no different than DRK with a string of fanboys at your side.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: