Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:24:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You Can't Be Jobless And Be Participating In Bounties  (Read 2100 times)
bitstalker

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 08:46:02 PM

indeed, if you work on a bounty and are optimistic about getting results every month, maybe I think it's impossible unless you follow a lot of bounty / airdrop, there might be potential to get monthly income
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Backupnime

Activity: 494
Merit: 104

homt.net

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 09:31:12 PM

for me as a college student, bounty is just a freelance work, by participating in bounty i can earn money for my life and pay cost college.

it's too hard for make bounty as a main job for now, other option we can be a trader using our money from bounty and make this as a main job than bounty campaign

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 09:41:49 PM

I remember telling a friend sometime last year that bounties are not sustainable as a full time earning business. I am glad he took my advise and used the little he got to start up a small offline business. The poster is very correct. One needs a main source of income and bounties are not it

btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 10:01:43 PM

It's a ridiculous idea for anyone who wants to quite the JOB and starts participating in bounties. You should not quite your day job, it secures your living. Bounty can't make you a living unless you can participate and get all high stakes in each and every bounty in all section including Signature, Translation, FB, Twitr,  Media, etc. which is an impossible task. You can't be that perfect, so stop thinking it. Do it as a supportive work, get some extra cash or hodl coins without investing from your pocket. That's it.
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 10:03:26 PM

Bounty distributions are the biggest reason why so many bounty hunters left the area and go to look for the new job. I know some guys who forget the last date of her SV used and she is now ICO expert in the company.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
Nezerlan

Activity: 214
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 10:16:18 PM

I have also wondered about how people cope with working on bounties as a main source of livelihood. I think it will be hard for them because project campaigns are never certain and dates can be shifted further from time to time especially in this harsh bear markets

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 10:26:21 PM

Being a bounty hunter isn't a career job or a career opportunity. If you are a bounty hunter and you see participating in bounty campaign as a job then I'm sorry to tell you that, you are deceiving yourself. Its high time that people in the crypto space and also on this forum to see bounty participation as a way to earn passive income or an investment which uses time instead of money for investing. You invest some portion of your time and earn a passive income.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 01:00:34 PM

Truth be told. You can't be jobless and be doing bounties. You will starve  Grin
~~snip
Lol you’re saying the truth but trust me, some people are never going to agree with you. I really laugh hard when I see those that claim that they have no job cause they are relying on crypto. That’s really stupid for anyone to do, relying on crypto and not having a job.

Cryptocurrency is not a job, you should have your main job that you’re ding that would he paying you monthly, then you can have cryptocurrency as a side hustle for making extra bucks. But saying that cryptocurrency is your main job is kind of funny Grin. Putting your hope in something that you’re not sure of.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 01:50:55 PM

Being a bounty hunter isn't a career job or a career opportunity. If you are a bounty hunter and you see participating in bounty campaign as a job then I'm sorry to tell you that, you are deceiving yourself. Its high time that people in the crypto space and also on this forum to see bounty participation as a way to earn passive income or an investment which uses time instead of money for investing. You invest some portion of your time and earn a passive income.
Exactly, bounty hunters are just a part-time job and help us get more income while we have free time, it cannot become a main occupation to maintain our lives because income is never fixed and work is always too risky, sometimes we will need a long time to receive the reward, if we depend on bounty, we will starve in waiting time. Many people may not believe in what many people here share when they only see the aura and tremendous income from bounty hunters but when they participate directly in this story and feel, they will realize difficulty in the bounty

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 02:00:43 PM

It's the worse time to do bounties without a decent job, there is no good ICO bounty campaign right now if you want to do signature campaign might as well take the gambling and gaming signature campaign, ICO bounties will become a thing of the past if investors will continue to lose money with ICO.
maybe if this condition continues we will not see bounty campaign anymore.most ico now failed and developers team prefer to held IEO in reputable exchanges.this methode was very successfull and investors satified with it.
You know why bounty campaign will become relevant even with IEO? IEO is hot cake now and gets sold out immediately it gets to exchange because we still have very few projects that are running on it and because its view, the demand becomes higher than the supply.

There will come a time in future when all exchanges start up their own IEO too which will definitely be this year, the number of projects we have in the past will be the same as what we will have in IEO too, so this time, the number of project will be too much that investors will have to choose from. The only way they can easily go look for one is still through campaign, in which bounty hunters will be employed.
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 02:02:13 PM

I completely agree with you. One cannot be jobless for the sake of joining bounty campaigns and earn money from it, I have practically experienced it. In late 2017 to early 2018 I had good income out of bounties, it was like 3-4 times from my salary in just 6 months, I was planning to exit job but did not do it, later downtrend came and most of my coins lost value, still I had 4-5 projects running and I was hoping to get money out of it. In late 2018 due to some issue I had to quit from job and I thought I would be getting money from bounty projects which I have already completed but opposite to my expectation 2 projects went scam and 2 projects have not paid anything yet, the only income I got from 1 project was around $150, so I decided to come back into job and thank GOD I luckily found it. Its not recommended to get dependent on bounty income unless you have already withdrawn a good amount and kept it safe as backup.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 02:09:29 PM

Truth be told. You can't be jobless and be doing bounties. You will starve  Grin

My advice is to just see bounties as a pass time and don't be too expectant. Find some other job that gives you money. So many factors determine if you will get good rewards from bounties. For instance, when it lists, the price is out of the control of the team (unless they decide to do a buyback which rarely happens). The price of the token can rise if there is a lot of demand for it when it lists. But most times (since the bear run) the demand is low and to make it worse, several holders set ridiculously low prices just to sell off which devalues the coin.

Another factor that determines your reward is the authenticity as well as the success of the team and its project. Many campaigns have closed down in the past after several months of working on them only to announce that they failed to raise enough funds for the project. Worse case is the team devs exit scam and no one gets paid.

Project owners can also decide to execute their "reserved rights" by changing the rules at the end of successful campaigns. Rules changes can usually mean bounty rewards are reduced, locked, subjected to uninformed KYC checks, or distributed over a very long period of time.

If you consider all this then you will see that bounty campaigns are a gamble and cannot be always relied on to provide regular income for people participating in it. Those that participated in Deex bounty campaign (which ended in January 2019) are still waiting for their rewards (3 months after) and the devs are not communicating any date for the distribution. If you ask them they will say "soon". They have been saying "soon" since January, by the way. I'm not trying to slander the project or anything. I'm just advising fellow bounty hunters to try to get something else to do that will fetch them money and not to rely too much on bounty campaigns for payments.

Bounty era is over, but several bounties still good and has a worth reward, but it's really hard to choose.
Investors are regretting invest in ICO because many ICOs was scams.
Ifychuks
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 04:56:13 PM

Bounty has really turned like a game for kids. Hunters are taken for granted and treated as trash. Like the poster said. It's not just what someone will depend on for daily living.
whyrqa

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 05:33:21 PM

Bounty can't be alternative income of any pattern of jobs. Jobs is a regular income bounty is rarely reward even after listed some huge exchange. Some admin also can change rules as want. By all this bounty can't be alternative jobs, possible to do with jobs invest and bounty

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
mdenys

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 05:56:03 PM

Of course not ,I consider it as a pleasant side-job giving me the great opportunity for getting more useful knowledge and interesting important news about crypto.I definetely cannot completely relay on the unstable occupation as bounty campaigns .
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 06:13:39 PM

it's a wise thing to do.

When you join a bounty, you don't have that much power, as you don't even have a proper contract like "we can change any rule at given a time". So treat it as a part-time hobby, if you all gonna play this cryptocurrency long games, it's kinda worth it.
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 10:42:15 PM

Truly one can not depend on bounties as his/her main source of income. You already mentioned most of the constraints why bounties can no be relied on. What if management refuses to pay you? After all its a virtual world and as a result you can not sue any bounty manager when they fail to pay you. You need to get a physical source of income and rather be doing bounties at your leisure time.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:01:27 PM

Well, bounties usuall go for 3-4 months and does not give the bounties right away. So if you don't have a job. How do you expect bounties to serve you well. And also, it depends on your luck because there are ICOs that looks interesting but does not perform well as expected.

Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:07:14 PM

This is not entirely true. Earlier before the bear run, you could hardly find a full-time job is majority of countries that pay as much as bounties, problem with bounty started with the unending bear run.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:08:39 PM

Bounty may be an additional job for those who have worked. And it can be the main job for some people, for example students. So back to the needs and concerns of each. But if you are an adult, you should look for your main job and make a bounty of part-time work.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████