Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:44:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC Requirement for Bounty Managers before they require KYC to bounty hunters.  (Read 10184 times)
nightl

Activity: 686
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 09:51:57 PM

I really don't see any meaning in the KYC requirement. KYC requirement to me is like a waste of precious because these ICOs are not regulated by any authority but they do claim that they already got license from a particular country ministry of finance or whatever but in actually sense they are all liars and the KYCs they request doesn't go anywhere.
1. to sell fresh scans on the black market
2. as few people as possible pay the bounty remaining to sell or distribute to themselves.
3. just because they can
4. no one knows the law and ithey afraid that they will not be go in jail

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Folajuwon56
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 05:44:20 PM

As a bounty hunter, personally I hate the idea of this KYC of a thing, but saying bounty managers should also submit KYC is a bit complicated because I don't know who they are going to submit to. 

fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:00:44 PM

Most are true, that bounty hunters don't like this. Because sometimes KYC is also complicated by those who do it. That's why most bounty hunters don't like that. But actually we as bounty hunters cannot do anything unless we have to get the token. If not we will lose what we did, so look for a bounty that doesn't do kyc. And ask the project group before participating.
It is clear that it is better to look for projects without KYC, but the rules of the companies always say that they can change them at their discretion.  Already several times faced with this on personal experience.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
r_delossa

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:11:04 PM

I believe that if bounty hunters are required to do KYC, investors must do it as well. Otherwise it makes absolutely no sense, and I agree with you that if one party should do KYC, all other involved parties must do the same.
sky_Gritzz

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:37:53 PM

I feel like it's not fair for bounty hunters to submit KYC when joining bounty campaigns because we are not an investor. We will never be involved with any anti money laundering because we don't invest with money but with TIME and Effort instead. Personally I'm NOT very comfortable submitting my ID's for the simple reason that these are startup companies and we don't even know if they can be trusted.
one problem for bounty hunter is they can cheating the campaign by using multi account or spamming the campaign that's why BM need KYC for hunter.

like i agree with you Bounty manager is need to submit kyc to developer, but as i can see BM from some bounty management service is trusted, that's why i never suspect them if it from trusted manager

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
mazdafunsun

Merit: 123

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:40:46 PM

This always have been a subject which have induced much discussion in community.
You have a good point but consider if the token is a subject to laws that require all holders to be identified ,then it doe snot matter if you are a investor or not.

Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:46:57 PM

Exactly my fear.. Why do they have to get us go through that is actually frustrating for crying out loud. It's even fair with bounty campaigns that have it clearly stated out from the inception, so anyone not comfortable would have opted not joining. In sharp contrast to this are those who at the very end will start telling faithful bounty supporters there is a mandatory kyc for rewards payment.
Roukawa

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 08:51:24 AM

I assume all bounty managers already presented some docs to the project team before they handle their bounty programs, no team will let someone unknown to them handle their bounty programs and email addresses of the participants. If you mean you want the bounty manager be known personally to the participants, there's a problem there, he will receive lots of personal messages in social medias trying to make up for something or to get special treatment from him,

Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 09:07:25 AM

I feel like it's not fair for bounty hunters to submit KYC when joining bounty campaigns because we are not an investor. We will never be involved with any anti money laundering because we don't invest with money but with TIME and Effort instead. Personally I'm NOT very comfortable submitting my ID's for the simple reason that these are startup companies and we don't even know if they can be trusted.

How do they know that you are not cheating on their bounty. Because so many people have done so to earn money from bounty
cryptonight9631
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

CryptoMarketAds

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 11:43:44 AM

Even though that it may seem so unfair because like you said that we are not investors, but we respect what the bounty manager requires us to do. Because we also are considered as a token holder. And some of the bounty hunters are making some multiple accounts in order to cheat, so KYC was very helpful on that part.

Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 02:26:13 PM

Bounty manager is not at fault but project team, bounty manager can't mandate kyc for bounty participants, the team must have requested for it through the manager.
If this will be required from the bounty then the team should start doing a public kyc before requesting money from ico participants.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 02:31:27 PM

First of all, I don't like the idea of KYC in both situations. But i  case bounty managers asking for KYC in bounty hunters, this is a great idea to ask for their KYC also especially knowing that there are not so good bounty managers. This I think would be fair.
H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:13:15 PM

Well, i think it is not necessary to requiring KYC for bounty manager, if they are a trusted manager here in this forum.
The one we must verify is not only the bounty manager, but the ICO as well whether they real or fraud.
Participating in a fraud ICO bounty is same as wasting your time and efforts for nothing.

r_delossa

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:17:17 PM

I cannot understand this as well, because some projects require KYC only for bounty participants, however investors could stay anonymous. This is just silly, because such teams want to share smaller rewards with their bounty participants.
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 01:58:59 PM

I cannot understand this as well, because some projects require KYC only for bounty participants, however investors could stay anonymous. This is just silly, because such teams want to share smaller rewards with their bounty participants.
Before they asked their bounty participants to do KYC, they already did that on their investors. Investors should be do KYC before they buying their token during ICO, so there is no any of their investors who stay anonymous.
Yea, but my advice just stay away from any project which require you to do KYC, because you don't know what will they do with your information
mksundip

Activity: 726

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 02:00:23 PM

I agree with the proposal, however, the manager's bounty must also use cyc so that the data is more transparent and adheres to a system of openness for all participants so that they know they are in the right hands

SinisterBountyHunter
Copper Member

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

● ● ● CryptoMarketAds &#

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 08:40:46 PM

It was really fair for me. Because lately most of the bounty hunters are making some duplicate accounts just to get double, triple rewards in the conclusion of the campaign, and its unfair for those hunters that are not. So kyc was great in order to filter out some dummy accounts in bounty hunter.

spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 08:56:51 PM

It was really fair for me. Because lately most of the bounty hunters are making some duplicate accounts just to get double, triple rewards in the conclusion of the campaign, and its unfair for those hunters that are not. So kyc was great in order to filter out some dummy accounts in bounty hunter.

What do you do people having multiple accounts? He will ask his friends to provide documents or steal them, or worse, he will buy documents on the black market. Of course, some amount of such participants will be eliminated, but many will remain managing to go through the procedure of personal identification. Because of this, I find the KYC is not an effective method of selection.
Prolifik

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 08:40:46 PM

I said that many times, we need a trustworthy company that will manage KYC for all ICO, IEO, STO  and exchange participants (users). Someone who will bring a trust into this system. It can´t be done by a random person..  Undecided

Odonko

Activity: 201

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 09:26:49 PM

I don't like KYC either but i guess bounty managers sometimes request this when the realize that there have been so many participants in their campaign cheating. Well if you also hate it that much then i guess the best you can do is to stay away from such campaigns. There are still a whole bunch of campaigns that does not require KYC.

⊹     SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY, WITH NO HIDDEN COSTS     ⊹
━━━━━━━━━          X C A R D ᵀᴹ          [     Whitepaper     Twitter     Telegram     ]          ━━━━━━━━━
[ IEO / Q4 2019 ]   S
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: