Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:32:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 403 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76907 times)
bestcoins1

Activity: 2198
Merit: 719

View Profile
September 22, 2023, 09:34:43 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I was impressed by your statement above "keep buying BTC and revalue your position in 3-5 years from now" and yes. I think the DCA investment model should continue. Well, I want to know. Can Bitcoin get back $34,000 by the end of September 2023?
If you want a price of $34,000 at the end of this month in Bitcoin it may be very difficult for you to find it because currently the price of Bitcoin is still below $27K so you may have to have more time to see a price like that again seen in Bitcoin. Because there is only a week left in this month, it is less possible to expect an increase of $8,000 in just seven days. So it's better for you to continue doing DCA by considering some of the suggestions that are here rather than thinking about prices that still seem difficult to achieve in a very short time.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Salahmu

Activity: 392
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2023, 09:51:16 PM

Truly money can resolve our urgent needs but in some cases when money is not available, the available should go in for it or possibly take the place of the money to solve the problem. Most times things happen that no one bargained for but you will have no option but to respond accordingly. These experiences are sometimes among the reasons one needs to invest. Irrespective of the nature of the investment, for instance, bitcoin that you have direct access to when you are in urgent need that requires a financial commitment and you have no cash at hand and in your account but you have crypto assets. It is expected of you to sort yourself out.  That is good because when you have enough to sustain yourself and more, you invest the excess so as to serve you when you are in urgent need and the investment as the case may generate income as time goes by.
I don't think that's a good investment plan mate because investing with the hope or plans that if there is any urgent needs you could use your investment to sorts it out so what if perhaps you bought a Bitcoin at the rate of $26k and the price drops to $25k at the time of your urgent need of funds would you sell knowing that you're at losing side? With that mindset is better not to invest at all than investing to loss because our goal of investment is to make profits and not loss. Obviously we no that in live urgent need could arise anytime but there should be a provision or method you could actually set in other to sustain those urgent needs from disrupting your investment were as establishing an account that would help you remedy the situation if the needs arise as such allowing your investment to grow.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
September 22, 2023, 09:55:45 PM

Emergency fund is not recommended for investing in bitcoin but no bad to use it because put emergency fund in bitcoin have potential in the future price keep increasing than hold in pocket only, not really difficult for withdrawing emergency fund when saving in Bitcoin due put or hold in exchange wallet and when emergency happening to us we can sell and withdraw to bank account without take 10 minutes. No one can't predicting when happening with something urgent for us and my opinion better put emergency fund in bitcoin investment and seems the same when have parent hold or save their money allocated for children education. Hold in the bank can make it double although we start investing when our children under two or three years and take at seven or ten years later. Its very important allocated our fund for children cost but effective when saving or put in Bitcoin.
It depends on them. This means that those who have done big planning will not mess it up with things that could ruin everything. In essence, they have prepared everything from the start, maybe 30% for investment and 60% for living expenses and 10% for emergency reserves. So, in my opinion, what is called an emergency fund is of course not going to be used for other purposes.

For the sustainability of their investment, of course they have budgeted 30% to continue accumulating BTC. Well, sometimes we get surprise money/bonuses from the office or from other things, of course they can use the funds to buy BTC aggressively when they get surprise funds from the office where they work. Well, at least everything that has been prepared will not interfere with their BTC investment with DCA. That's what I answered from the post above. You can understand it if you have carried out the planning that you have arranged, but if not, maybe you fail to understand it.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10193

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 04:23:10 AM

[edited out

I was impressed by your statement above "keep buying BTC and revalue your position in 3-5 years from now" and yes. I think the DCA investment model should continue. Well, I want to know. Can Bitcoin get back $34,000 by the end of September 2023?

I meant to say "reevaluate," so that was a typo (or a freudian slip).... Oh?  I see that you did not paraphrase me properly.. here's what I said:  "keep buying BTC and reassess where you are at 3-5 years from now".. Reassess and revalue are not really great synonyms in the context in which I used the word, but yeah, reevaluate would work as another way of saying what I said.

Isn't it a silly question to ask what the BTC price is going to do in the short term.  Yes, it can do a lot of thing, but is it very likely or does it matter very much?  Sure, if some of us might still be accumulating BTC we might want to know if the BTC price is going to suddenly become more expensive, so we might end up front-loading our BTC accumulation or even engaging in some kind of leverage buying in order to front-load our BTC accumulation.. but it still seems risky to be fucking around with trying to figure out short term BTC price moves with any kinds of specifics.. and instead just establish BTC accumulation practices that we are happy in either direction that the BTC price might go in the short term.

Sure if we are fairly early in our BTC accumulation journey, then it is likeloy that we are going to have some motives for the BTC price to stay down as long as it can and even maybe to go lower while we continue to buy... and so when are the discounts going to stop and will we change our BTC accumulation strategies if BTC prices end up doing some kind of a step up in price and then end up being supra $34k or even into the $40ks.. or will we just buy at any price.. and the answers to these kinds of questions relate to where we are at in terms of our own BTC accumulation, and other individual factors regarding our cashflow and perhaps our investment timeline.

[edited out]
Have a look and try to understand what I'm talking about are you really thinking imposing DCA on any timeline without proper strategy execution will work for you (that's a myth). Failed DCA Strategy When Buying Bitcoin

I can discuss it again, maybe I can help you or you can help me...

That is a dumb and whinny thread... yes short term DCA might not work out so well..

With DCA and even in such a volatile asset like bitcoin that sometimes has extended draw down periods, DCA could end up taking many years to really start to see your BTC holdings being in profits relative to the amoutn that you had invested.. sometimes even more than 10 years, even though in bitcoin 3-4 years or longer tends to have started to show profits, even during various points of the worst performance periods, and of course, there is no guarantee that history is going to repeat including that your bitcoin is going to get into profits, merely because history has shown that to be the case.  There are no guarantees even though, so far, historically, the longer that you had been DCA investing into bitcoin the more likely that you would have had ended up in positive results and sometimes even quite astonishingly positive results after a couple of cycles.

You can look at this website and see that 6 years of investing $100 per week into bitcoin would have gotten you around 2.12 BTC with $26k invested, and sure you can tweak the dates, and you may well not be profitable if you started less right around the time that the BTC was peaking in 2021.. so even 3 years ago is likely only barely getting you into the potential of profits with a DCA approach of $100 per week with around $15.7k invested and a little less than 0.57283 BTC accumulated, but it does not necessarily make DCA a bad or a wrong approach... as long as you are thinking longer term in your BTC investment.

Looks like gobble-dee-gook to me.  If you have a long investment time horizon, then just keep buying BTC and reassess where you are at 3-5 years from now.  If we go by your forum registration date, you have already been in BTC for a bit more than a year, so maybe you have been able to accumulate some BTC during that time, and maybe you are not yet in profits, but whether you continue to accumulate more or not has to do with your own situation in terms of how many BTC you have already accumulated and what the rest of your personal circumstances look like...
Hmm, Yes sir considering my registration time or even as I'm familiar with the market even before registering on the forum, I made some mistakes in my early days when the market was moving on its peek time so, from my experience I did improve my journey by learning and executing those strategies until now as per my goal I'm moving gradually. I wont say I have a more significant amount comparing to others but according to my own boundaries I'm doing well, at least in my zone.

Fair enough.  I know that the first several years investing into something like bitcoin might not have positive results, and people might end up making a lot of mistakes.. and in the end, you have to figure out your own situation in terms of your various psychological and financial circumstances, including how aggresive that you feel that you can be in terms of your bitcoin accumulation (if that's what you choose to do), and surely I have frequently mentioned that the assymetric nature of bitcoin does not even compel anyone to have to be aggressive in their bitcoin accumulation in order to get themselves into quite a comfortable place and to end up having more and more options down the road... even though at the same time, BTC accumulators sometimes will have regrets in regards to their having had not been as aggressive as they could have been.. and maybe they don't even necessarily see the pay off until several years down the road... depending on when they got started and also how consistent they might have been in terms of either regular DCA buying or some other variation of buying that might have allowed them to perform at least as well as a strict DCA approach.  

I think that there are examples that go in both directions in terms of whether some other approach might have ended up beating a strict DCA approach if we start to look back 4-12 years or so.. .and yeah, maybe it is not even realistic to try to look back much further that 10 years back since, there were not as many ways to buy BTC back before 2013.. especially for normies, even though there were some ways to do it that required more and more efforts to figure out or to be in the right place geographically..

And, even now, it is not even necessarily easy for people to get onto (into) bitcoin in all parts of the world. Some places are going to take a whole hell of a lot of effort to figure out how to buy bitcoin. .and then if successful in figuring out how to buy it, then there are probably more ways to figure out to store it, but even storage is not easy in all parts of the world in terms of trying to figure out ways to lessen exposure to third-party custodians.

So sometimes screw ups can come from bad information and/or bad ways of getting bitcoin and then maybe getting confused by how you should store your bitcoin if you do end up figuring out how to get it.

trying to figure out what might or might happens in the market in the short-term is another question that may not really matter too much, including nonsense discussions of sentiment.  You really are likely to get yourself into trouble if you are trying to figure out what to do based on market sentiments rather than just having some kind of a solid plan that is based on your own finances and psychology rather than giving very many shits about how the other people in the market might feel about bitcoin.
Sir, I'm aware of it and I do realize that market sentiments are just temporary influencers of the market, but as investors, we need to realize in which zone we are, whether it is a distribution zone, Accumulation zone, or profit booking zone so we need to shape our investment strategy with DCA accordingly this is what I'm trying to express by using the term sentiments Because we can judge the zone with the sentiments only.

As I already stated, I don't consider sentiments to be a very good thing to attempt to figure out what to do and/or how to attempt to maximize the amount of bitcoin that you are able to accumulate without getting mislead into some baloney mumbo-jumbo that may or may not be correct... so you may well not end up accumulating more BTC because you end up getting your measures of sentiment (or whatever people are telling you about sentiment) wrong.

Fuck sentiment.  It is not that helpful, even if you believe that it is.. and even if you want to strategize your BTC accumulation approach what you believe sentiment to be.

As I said in my last post past few weeks were a golden opportunity for efficient accumulation even for the DCA strategists. Why I'm saying all this a more couple of the upcoming weeks will answer.

I doubt that we are in a great "golden opportunity" for accumulation based on sentiment, but instead because bitcoin is a great investment and it is likely being pushed lower in prices and staying here longer than it should..and at the same time we cannot know how long it is going to stay here and we cannot know if it is going to go lower or higher.. at  least not in the short term, even if people are telling you that they know, beyond something in the ballpark of 50/50 assertions.

For example, if you have $26k and you are able to accumulate 1 BTC at $26k, or you are able to get 1.3 BTC at $20k or 0.7647 BTC at $34k, sure those might make differences when BTC is at $500k or higher in 2030, but I am not really sure if on the margins you are really going to be able to figure out how to make sure that you get more than 1 BTC with your $26k rather than getting stuck in some situation in which you end up getting less than 1 BTC with that amount... even if you think that you have it all figured out.. based on sentiment blah blah blah or whatever.

It's hard as we are now in September which is almost the end. I also doubt the price can get back to $30k by this month.

All can happen if one big news boosts the price such as Elon going back to accepting Bitcoin or another country accepting Bitcoin as a legal tender. But that is not easy.

Yes, DCA investment should continue as the price is still below $30k. It's a good price to buy Grin

Bitcoin price can more than double in less than 24 hours, but it is a big so what.  We should not be planning our strategies on those kinds of happenings, even though maybe it would be helpful if we were to be prepared psychologically and/or financially if such a thing were to happen, even if it is a low probability of actually happening.

The above chart is Ethereum features. If I'm not wrong, our focus here should be Bitcoin so I don't really get the point you are making with Ethereum chart.

Yeah.. good point. fuck ethereum.. and other shitcoins.  

I had not even noticed that dumb-ass chart is not even about bitcoin.  Ethereum surely is not relevant to this thread.  The tail does not wag the dog... and the only dog that I see is bitcoin.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Dictator69

Activity: 109
Merit: 70

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 05:05:28 AM

Your phrasing of this sounds weird because I had actually gotten my average price per BTC below $500, but the mistakes that I made along the way, had caused the average price per BTC to double... so it is like losing half of your stash, and if you had gotten 4.2 BTC for $2,100, so your average cost per BTC would have had been $500, but when you end up losing half of them, the total costs may well have stayed in the same ballpark, but the quantity of BTC ends up being 2.1 BTC rather than 4.2 BTC, and so therefore your average cost per BTC ends up being $1k per BTC rather than $500 per BTC due to mistakes that were made.
I did not meant to rephrase things, but I got the point, we all made mistakes on we regret later but also learn from them too and by time we don't make those mistakes anymore, I don't know what mistakes you made that yours stash become half, but the suggestions you have made to me, emphasize the importance of emergency funds and you have always mentioned that, it means, you must be stuck in some that kind of emergency state. I'm just assuming. I hope you will not mind.

PS: I am actually quite late to reply, the problem is, my laptop was not working due to some exceptional errors and some blue screen issue. So, I have to use my old one and I just swapped the hard drives so I could access this account back. It is hard to read and make replies to you, that's why I thought I should wait for the laptop. I hope you won't mind late replying.

hehe, this laptop works directly, and during writing this reply, I mistakenly unplug the charger and end up losing the reply Which I wrote at first, Now I am writing it again. Unfortunately, the last reply was not saved.  Lips sealed

In the first few years after I got into bitcoin it seemed that quite a few guys wanted to try to get 100 BTC, but at some point a common BTC accumulation target became 21 BTC, and then it got down to 10 BTC, and then recently even 1 BTC was seeming unattainable by a lot of newbie normies, so many times many forum members were talking about setting BTC accumulation target levels that were manageable and symbolic, so that is where 0.21 BTC comes in, and my claims (admissions) of having more than 3x the amount that some newbie normies were trying to reach for their beginning BTC accumulation target levels.

It is already starting to make sense to start talking about these BTC accumulation level targets in terms of satoshis, whether the goal might start out to be 1million satoshis, and then maybe become 21 million satoshis and then maybe to shoot for higher levels after reaching those amounts and then considering bitcoin whales as those persons who have more than 1 billion satoshis.
That's because when you must have started the price of BTC were lower and people must have set higher BTC targets just because they can really buy them easily, but in relative to that, it is quite hard to accumulate 100 BTC for a normal person. That's why people are now talking in satoshi, they know they can not deal in BTC terms that's why.

You emphasized the importance of wishes getting expand, I recently read a topic in economic section, where the OP was conveying the message that, one must not fulfill his wishes that are so unnecessary instead they should invest that fund. But I think, if a person have a wish to not buy something or waste money on unnecessary things instead he wish to invest more then I think he should not ignore that wish.  Wink 

Once I decide how to put it together and to post it, then maybe i could provide link here.. but it is going to be more able sustainable selling. which this thread is not talking about. ..............
I will be waiting for that link, either this thread is relevant or not, we can at least share the links I hope.
bots1

Activity: 895
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 06:22:09 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), johnsaributua (1)

I think it is very difficult to see the price of bitcoin reaching $34,000 in the remainder of this month and even in the next month it is not certain that the price of bitcoin will reach above $30,000 if you look at current market conditions which seem likely to continue to experience a decline in prices. In conditions like today, it is better to set your goals, make a solid plan, maintain discipline, and utilize DCA as a way to gain interesting and dynamic exposure in a more controlled and insightful way. Stick to your plan, regardless of market conditions. Don't be tempted to skip investments or change your amounts if the market is unfavorable. The point is to remove emotion from investing.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
woez

Activity: 403
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 02:17:26 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2023, 02:56:13 PM by woez

It's hard as we are now in September which is almost the end. I also doubt the price can get back to $30k by this month.

All can happen if one big news boosts the price such as Elon going back to accepting Bitcoin or another country accepting Bitcoin as a legal tender. But that is not easy.

Yes, DCA investment should continue as the price is still below $30k. It's a good price to buy Grin

It's true that there are only 7 days left until October, I think even though the tone of your suggestion seems a bit joking with Elon's participation in making something magical tweet about this, it will indeed trigger hype, but that's not guaranteed.

Well, I agree with DCA continuing as you suggest because this is an investment approach in buying BTC and another way of accumulating positions over time and mitigating risks due to market volatility that is uncertain in direction.

I meant to say "reevaluate," so that was a typo (or a freudian slip).... Oh?  I see that you did not paraphrase me properly.. here's what I said:  "keep buying BTC and reassess where you are at 3-5 years from now".. Reassess and revalue are not really great synonyms in the context in which I used the word, but yeah, reevaluate would work as another way of saying what I said.

Maybe the above is straight forward, here is the explanation and what you said is "keep buying BTC and reassess where you are at 3-5 years from now" if I'm not mistaken in interpreting it, it also means continuing to make regular purchases without being too affected by long-term price fluctuations short and next step, evaluate the investment portfolio and ensure that the investment does not run away from the initial goal and is in accordance with long-term plans, especially now.

xvacator

Activity: 340
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 02:20:08 PM

It's true that there are only 7 days left until October, I think even though the tone of your suggestion seems a bit joking with Elon's participation in making something magical tweet about this, it will indeed trigger hype, but that's not guaranteed.

Well, I agree with DCA continuing as you suggest because this is an investment approach in buying BTC and another way of accumulating positions over time and mitigating risks due to market volatility that is uncertain in direction.

Bitcoin may still be at this level at the end of this month. But it could change in the next months. If bitcoin price can lift the price to $30k, then it is good. But if not, we must HOLD on.

The price now seems not going anywhere, making the price difficult to predict. You need to be cautious with anything that will happen later.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10193

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 03:20:04 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2023, 03:31:50 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by Dictator69 (1)

Your phrasing of this sounds weird because I had actually gotten my average price per BTC below $500, but the mistakes that I made along the way, had caused the average price per BTC to double... so it is like losing half of your stash, and if you had gotten 4.2 BTC for $2,100, so your average cost per BTC would have had been $500, but when you end up losing half of them, the total costs may well have stayed in the same ballpark, but the quantity of BTC ends up being 2.1 BTC rather than 4.2 BTC, and so therefore your average cost per BTC ends up being $1k per BTC rather than $500 per BTC due to mistakes that were made.
I did not meant to rephrase things, but I got the point, we all made mistakes on we regret later but also learn from them too and by time we don't make those mistakes anymore, I don't know what mistakes you made that yours stash become half, but the suggestions you have made to me, emphasize the importance of emergency funds and you have always mentioned that, it means, you must be stuck in some that kind of emergency state. I'm just assuming. I hope you will not mind.

I am describing with vagueness and with hypothetical on-purpose, and I think that the overall point is that there are a variety of ways that mistakes can be made - especially the longer that we might be in bitcoin, and perhaps the more adventurous that we might be with some of our ways of using bitcoin and/or storing bitcoin.  Some of my problems/mistakes had to do with sim card swap situations, which I already described at various times in my forum life.. maybe not in this thread and I don't even necessarily think that it is a good idea to get into specifics here and then sometimes leaving some value with various third parties can lead to losses, such as I had some coins on BTC-E in 2016/2017 and then also with Bitfinex in 2016, and some of the direct transactions that I made had some losses involved with coins not going through, wrong amounts, sometimes scandalous (or opportunistic behaviors of others... so maybe some of my own mistakes might be framed as having had gotten involved at all, even though there is some value that comes through having experiences, and surely, there could be worse mistakes that involve buying and selling behaviors.. or other kinds of portfolio management that might come from transacting and then figuring out whether and when replacement might need to occur.. which I am not even going to suggest to have had been day-trading).

We learn from various mistakes, and the extent that we have been put into any kind of emergency state from losses of BTC might have to do with how much was lost, and then even some pretty big mistakes that I had did not completely remove considerable appreciation in the overall value of coins held.  

Let's say for example in late 2016 to early 2017, a person might have held 40 BTC, and so when the BTC prices were around $1k, s/he had $40k in value in his/her holdings and also if the average costs were $500, then the amount invested would have been around $20k, but then a bunch of mistakes happen all at once and half or nearly half of all of the coins are lost or stolen.  Think about it, all through 2015 and 2016, the 40BTC would have been valued around $10k to $20k, so when the BTC price went up to $1k in late 2016 and early 2017, the BTC portfolio had doubled in value, so 100% profits, and so if we are looking at 2017 and 2018 and BTC prices thereafter, the 20 BTC continued to stay above the $20k invested, and even mostly stayed above the $40k at the time of the loss, so the loss was likely ONLY a temporary blip in the dollar value of the coins, and sure there could be whining about "I could have had 40 BTC, but wha wha wha, I only have 20 BTC", but what good is that going to do?..

Maybe through the next 6-7 years, the BTC holdings goes from 20 BTC to 25 BTC, and maybe more value is injected during that time (maybe another $40k-$60k in order to get 5 more BTC?.. or maybe ONLY an additional $5k is injected to get from 20 BTC to 25 BTC that keeps the average cost per BTC to remain at $1k-ish), but there also could be thoughts that "I am never going to get back to 40 BTC," but where was the "emergency" exactly?  

Sure a short time during the losses of going down from 40 BTC to 20 BTC, there could have been feelings of loss and emergency.. but there also could be feelings of futility in trying to get the value of the lost 20 BTC back or the waste of time and energy to even think about getting back 20 lost BTC, because merely having 20 BTC in the remaining portfolio still seems to be enough since the then current holdings of 20 BTC would still be considerably profitable throughout 2017, 2018 and even at all points thereafter, and so there may well would not have necessarily have been any long-lasting sense of any emergency based on the portfolio continuing to be quite profitable, whether we are talking ONLY about the initial $20k that had been invested or even if we might include some of the additional value that had ended up getting injected in the subsequent 6-7 years.

If someone owns 25 BTC right now and has around $75k invested, then s/he is feeling pretty good with an average price of $3k per BTC, and I am saying that I still like to calculate my own average cost per BTC to be around $1k per BTC and even suggesting that it is probably even less than $1k per BTC, yet I still like to round up to $1k per BTC (or to give a ballpark calculation of $1k per BTC) for ease of calculation purposes.

PS: I am actually quite late to reply, the problem is, my laptop was not working due to some exceptional errors and some blue screen issue. So, I have to use my old one and I just swapped the hard drives so I could access this account back. It is hard to read and make replies to you, that's why I thought I should wait for the laptop. I hope you won't mind late replying.

No problem... Just needing to remember what we were talking about... and not wanting to deviate from the topic of this thread too much.. but it tends to be o.k. to have some deviation if the topic still kind of relates and does not really contradict the thread topic.

I understand that newbie bitcoiners (and maybe even just people who might have some of their own investing rookie-ness) sometimes might panic and/or start to feel that they need to take emergency measures to make up for any losses that they might have had suffered at various points in time in their bitcoin accumulation journey.. maybe they failed/refused to invest in bitcoin, so they feel like they have to make it up or maybe they had gone through some losses and/or made some mistakes and feel that they need to get back to where they were.. which it seems to me that many times those kinds of behaviors are problematic, because we should mostly (if not exclusively) continue to try to follow better practices when managing our BTC accumulation strategies and/or even when getting into the maintenance stages of our BTC... so if we might have gone through some kinds of losses that kick us out of BTC maintenance stage and we end up back in accumulation stage, then sure we have to deal with those kinds of situations, but we should still be trying to put ourselves into a kind of normal state and not feeling that we are in any kind of an emergency status merely because some mistakes had been made along the way...

..and yeah, of course, some mistakes are worse than others and more difficult to recover from than others... so there could be some instances in which any of us might feel that we are in a short-term emergency status, but hopefully, we are able to get into a state in which we are NOT in an emergency status for any kind of period of time that last for than a few months .. and sure some times our situation might not allow us to get out of the emergency status, but my own circumstances never did rise to that level of emergency status, including that I could have lost all of my BTC and I still would have been albe to keep up my then standard of living.. sure I would not be in as good of a position as I am today, but my BTC were not needed for any of my then monthly and/or yearly expenses including that I already had various cash cushions including emergency funds that I had available, even when my BTC reduced in half and could have reduced in full.. which the second case would have got me more concerned about a potential emergency status.. and like I suggested, my BTC (in terms of their dollar value) did not really lose value for any extended period of time based on how the BTC price was moving in late 2016 and into early 2017 and through the subsequent passage of time.. we can see from the BTC price charts that we pretty much got over $3k per BTC in late 2017, and so far, the BTC price never went below $3k again.

hehe, this laptop works directly, and during writing this reply, I mistakenly unplug the charger and end up losing the reply Which I wrote at first, Now I am writing it again. Unfortunately, the last reply was not saved.  Lips sealed

That sucks.

In the first few years after I got into bitcoin it seemed that quite a few guys wanted to try to get 100 BTC, but at some point a common BTC accumulation target became 21 BTC, and then it got down to 10 BTC, and then recently even 1 BTC was seeming unattainable by a lot of newbie normies, so many times many forum members were talking about setting BTC accumulation target levels that were manageable and symbolic, so that is where 0.21 BTC comes in, and my claims (admissions) of having more than 3x the amount that some newbie normies were trying to reach for their beginning BTC accumulation target levels.

It is already starting to make sense to start talking about these BTC accumulation level targets in terms of satoshis, whether the goal might start out to be 1million satoshis, and then maybe become 21 million satoshis and then maybe to shoot for higher levels after reaching those amounts and then considering bitcoin whales as those persons who have more than 1 billion satoshis.
That's because when you must have started the price of BTC were lower and people must have set higher BTC targets just because they can really buy them easily, but in relative to that, it is quite hard to accumulate 100 BTC for a normal person. That's why people are now talking in satoshi, they know they can not deal in BTC terms that's why.

You emphasized the importance of wishes getting expand, I recently read a topic in economic section, where the OP was conveying the message that, one must not fulfill his wishes that are so unnecessary instead they should invest that fund. But I think, if a person have a wish to not buy something or waste money on unnecessary things instead he wish to invest more then I think he should not ignore that wish.  Wink

Of course, we have individual discretion in terms of how much we might need to set aside for our BTC purchases, and even putting aside $10 week could cause people to suffer in a variety of ways, and some things might be easier to suffer through than others.... Do I buy a brand new laptop or do I buy a used one or do I repair my current one, and sure sometimes even with the laptop there can be considerable differences in prices, yet there might not be enough utility to spend $6k on a laptop versus spending $600, and sure it would be nice to have the extra funcionality.. but are you in a position to really get value out of that $5,400 extra that could end up going into BTC instead, and if you don't really need another laptop for 3 years, then the $5,400 may well have had been better spent on BTC rather than upgrading from a $600 to a $6k laptop... and yeah, maybe you could do a little bit of both, and if you choose to buy a $2k laptop, you still might be being a bit frivolous, but you still might have $4k that you can invest into BTC because you chose to defer some of your present gratification and hoping that you end up getting more future gratification by having that $4k invested into BTC rather than invested into a fancier laptop.

Once I decide how to put it together and to post it, then maybe i could provide link here.. but it is going to be more able sustainable selling. which this thread is not talking about. ..............
I will be waiting for that link, either this thread is relevant or not, we can at least share the links I hope.

Many times we can share links, especially if the topic was mentioned and/or might be indirectly related to the topic of the thread... Sharing a link tends to be a more accepted way of sharing a somewhat divergent topic... and yeah, I have been personally practicing with my little scheme.. but it sometimes can take a while to figure out how to discuss it.. and even to figure out whether I want to discuss it... I might even decide to put it in my investment ideas thread.. but yeah, I haven't posted it yet.

Maybe the above is straight forward, here is the explanation and what you said is "keep buying BTC and reassess where you are at 3-5 years from now" if I'm not mistaken in interpreting it, it also means continuing to make regular purchases without being too affected by long-term price fluctuations short and next step, evaluate the investment portfolio and ensure that the investment does not run away from the initial goal and is in accordance with long-term plans, especially now.

Yes.  That is a fair way of re-describing some things that I had been trying to say - because essentially, if we might be brand new to investing (and/or trying to employ some kind of a BTC accumulation strategy), we likely need to reassess from time to time, and surely if we have a decently solid plan from the start that might involve going from zero to something hopefully substantial, we might not even end up with half of a years salary saved up in 3-5 years, but we might be in a better position to reassess where we are at and if we might need to make some tweaks..

versus trying to plan things out for 10-20 years and not reassessing or even if we make too many changes in the short terms or try to time the market and the dips, we might not really be in a position in which timing dips is even a good use of time versus just regularly buying $10-$100 per week and accumulating over several years and then looking at we are at in terms of BIGGER picture considerations and being more informed about having had accumulated some bitcoin versus starting out with none and not really having too many options when we are starting.. and even when we are starting, it might even take more than a year before we have anything that is approaching an meaningful amount...of course, depending on how much discretionary income we are able to allocate towards BTC accumulation.. but even if we feel that we are able to allocate even more towards BTC accumulation.. even $1k per week, we still might feel that we are making slow progress, even after a year or two.. .

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Su-asa

Activity: 252
Merit: 196

Can't go home alone.

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 04:55:49 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

If you want a price of $34,000 at the end of this month in Bitcoin it may be very difficult for you to find it because currently the price of Bitcoin is still below $27K so you may have to have more time to see a price like that again seen in Bitcoin. Because there is only a week left in this month, it is less possible to expect an increase of $8,000 in just seven days. So it's better for you to continue doing DCA by considering some of the suggestions that are here rather than thinking about prices that still seem difficult to achieve in a very short time.
@bestcoins1, like you already know that Bitcoin has it own potentials, so if the price of Bitcoin can increase up to $34,000 or above we can't tell for now because we still have more days before the end of the months of this September.
It can be difficult to predict the price of Bitcoin but that doesn't mean that Bitcoin can't reach the actually Amount we are not expecting it to reach in the nearest future, as we already know the price of Bitcoin is about $26,500k it is not a big deal for Bitcoin to move above $30k if it wants to move in a skyrocket ways, although I am not yet an investor but I know how impressed Bitcoin can grow sometimes.

Dewi Aries
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1091

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 09:06:02 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

@bestcoins1, like you already know that Bitcoin has it own potentials, so if the price of Bitcoin can increase up to $34,000 or above we can't tell for now because we still have more days before the end of the months of this September.
It can be difficult to predict the price of Bitcoin but that doesn't mean that Bitcoin can't reach the actually Amount we are not expecting it to reach in the nearest future, as we already know the price of Bitcoin is about $26,500k it is not a big deal for Bitcoin to move above $30k if it wants to move in a skyrocket ways, although I am not yet an investor but I know how impressed Bitcoin can grow sometimes.
The price of Bitcoin will continue to change every day or every hour so the increase in Bitcoin will be followed by an increase in purchasing volume which will make the price of BTC soar up. To find the best entry, only use the DCA method of accumulating BTC throughout the investment we make. For those of you who have just joined the Bitcointalk forum, of course you have a high enough emotional level to expect the price continue to rise at the end of each month. But that is not a bad theory because if you have BTC in your portfolio it will make you more confident in continuing to hold BTC because it is driven by your level of aggressiveness in predicting the price of BTC will rise higher in the coming years.

Every BTC Holder of course hopes for big profits in the investment they make, whether they are old investors or new investors, of course they have the same target in Bitcoin investment. Even in previous years we only viewed BTC as a means of payment online without any stronger knowledge to hold it in the long term. So at the moment I see several users in this thread giving a strong narrative of continuing to hold BTC and never selling it if their target has not been reached. Therefore, as a beginner, you must be able to take advantage of the opportunity you have to buy BTC and hold it in the long term.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Ruttoshi

Activity: 308
Merit: 271

Baba God Noni

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 11:43:46 AM

As I already stated, I don't consider sentiments to be a very good thing to attempt to figure out what to do and/or how to attempt to maximize the amount of bitcoin that you are able to accumulate without getting mislead into some baloney mumbo-jumbo that may or may not be correct... so you may well not end up accumulating more BTC because you end up getting your measures of sentiment (or whatever people are telling you about sentiment) wrong.

Fuck sentiment.  It is not that helpful, even if you believe that it is.. and even if you want to strategize your BTC accumulation approach what you believe sentiment to be.
You are very correct, and I also hate the sentiment thing because, it will make you not to have your own strategy that will be flexible with the price of bitcoin as it goes up and comes down. and deprive you from accumulating the number of bitcoin that you want fast. It is better that if one wants to accumulate bitcoin within a long period of time, the DCA method will help that person to stay more focus and well prepared towards accumulating and this plan can be achieved. But when sentiment is involved, it will become a distraction and that will make one lose focus towards his goal.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Salahmu

Activity: 392
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2023, 03:01:43 PM

Of course, we have individual discretion in terms of how much we might need to set aside for our BTC purchases, and even putting aside $10 week could cause people to suffer in a variety of ways, and some things might be easier to suffer through than others.
Yeah of course we have individual choices to decide on how much they are willing to set out for Bitcoin accumulation because is wise for people to invest based on there capital size which is one of the things to be consider, when we talk about investing $10 $20 weekly, it depends on what an individuals salary is because there are some persons investing $5 on a weekly basis can easily affect them at that point based on there salary intake, but perhaps in a case like that the person could program himself in a way that after all there expenditures and if they are still left with some funds and could take them throughout the coming month perhaps since the funds remaining on the reserve account is still enough they can strategize by channeling the next salary in accumulation were as they have a reserve funds that can sustain them to another month, using that method it could actually help someone that earn less salary to be able to accumulate some Bitcoin.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
DICE 
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Popkon6

Activity: 574
Merit: 289

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 03:55:01 PM

If you have to invest, it is better to do market research and invest in DCA method. Because the current Bitcoin market low is currently $26532 (could be lower or higher). If there are lows and highs from this scenario then you should definitely invest using DCA. For a working person, apart from the monthly expenses, it is definitely better to use the DCA method weekly with the remaining money as the investment itself should be busy. As the depreciation experience is persistent that creates more attraction as exposure to profit in an attractive and dynamic manner. So I support the DCA method as the best method.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
woez

Activity: 403
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 04:14:24 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2023, 04:34:09 PM by woez

Of course, we have individual discretion in terms of how much we might need to set aside for our BTC purchases, and even putting aside $10 week could cause people to suffer in a variety of ways, and some things might be easier to suffer through than others.
Yeah of course we have individual choices to decide on how much they are willing to set out for Bitcoin accumulation because is wise for people to invest based on there capital size which is one of the things to be consider, when we talk about investing $10 $20 weekly, it depends on what an individuals salary is because there are some persons investing $5 on a weekly basis can easily affect them at that point based on there salary intake, but perhaps in a case like that the person could program himself in a way that after all there expenditures and if they are still left with some funds and could take them throughout the coming month perhaps since the funds remaining on the reserve account is still enough they can strategize by channeling the next salary in accumulation were as they have a reserve funds that can sustain them to another month, using that method it could actually help someone that earn less salary to be able to accumulate some Bitcoin.

Indeed, when investing there is no pressure on how much you can afford. However, if we want a high ROI, it's a good idea to increase the DCA investment model in terms of installments and I think if one month is $10-20 it will feel like a long time. If possible, just inject a little more value, is it above $30-50 per each decline because I see BTC is still dreaming a lot. I think time is running out, if you want to increase the installment value of BTC purchases, maybe now is the time.

Yeah.. good point. fuck ethereum.. and other shitcoins.  

I had not even noticed that dumb-ass chart is not even about bitcoin.  Ethereum surely is not relevant to this thread.  The tail does not wag the dog... and the only dog that I see is bitcoin.

Grin Grin That's right, you are not wrong, because if I pay attention to the thread being discussed in the context of this conversation, it is BTC, not other elements. Yes. Your language/statements have layered meanings and if interpreted visually they can be misguided.

Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2023, 05:04:26 PM

You are very correct, and I also hate the sentiment thing because, it will make you not to have your own strategy that will be flexible with the price of bitcoin as it goes up and comes down. and deprive you from accumulating the number of bitcoin that you want fast. It is better that if one wants to accumulate bitcoin within a long period of time, the DCA method will help that person to stay more focus and well prepared towards accumulating and this plan can be achieved. But when sentiment is involved, it will become a distraction and that will make one lose focus towards his goal.
Consistently looking at the market sentiment before buying is itself a sign of panic and lack of strategy. When I was not using DCA method, I spend too much time on the chart looking for dips and setting price level alerts. This comes with serious anxiety, pain and consume so much time.

On a second thought, market sentiment can be deceptive sometimes considering how volatile Bitcoin is. The prolonged consolidation should not make us forget so fast that Bitcoin can jumb $2k -$5k within a day; that is how volatile Bitcoin can be. How will someone using market sentiment to make investment decision cope with this level of volatility?

Perhaps, most of the people watching market sentiment are scalpers who are just looking for quick profits.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Rabata

Activity: 742
Merit: 170

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 05:38:16 PM

I think it is very difficult to see the price of bitcoin reaching $34,000 in the remainder of this month and even in the next month it is not certain that the price of bitcoin will reach above $30,000 if you look at current market conditions which seem likely to continue to experience a decline in prices. In conditions like today, it is better to set your goals, make a solid plan, maintain discipline, and utilize DCA as a way to gain interesting and dynamic exposure in a more controlled and insightful way. Stick to your plan, regardless of market conditions. Don't be tempted to skip investments or change your amounts if the market is unfavorable. The point is to remove emotion from investing.
An analysis of the last 90 days Bitcoin price chart shows that Bitcoin was around 30K to 26K. If the next 90 days continue to be like this then those who are investing using DCA are basically finding the deep price of Bitcoin. Price is not a big factor in this regard be it 26k or 30k. This is an opportunity for those who are buying to hold Bitcoin and growing their portfolios. Market conditions can change at any time, but Bitcoin investors must be patient. Whether the market goes 34K or more in the next few days that is not a big factor. We should have low expectations rather than big hopes.

BABY SHOES

Activity: 308
Merit: 436

HODL - BTC

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 06:44:57 PM

It could also be affecting your psychological mind especially continuing to involve market sentiment will certainly hinder your DCA accumulation, which is clear now I don't think about any sentiment I want to go with accumulation without any interference.
Sentiment will always hinder, if this continues to be involved you will think about the price even though the price is now on the decline, continue to think about its volatility ahhh sentiment for someone who is doing DCA for me is a hindrance.

It is better to keep accumulating without thinking about anything, when you are ready to buy with the DCA strategy at any price - whether up or down is free because the nature of DCA is to buy at an average price.

Leave your worries about sentiment behind, it's better to focus on the goal of accumulation.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
SHUFFLE.COM███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████    ████    ██
Next Generation Crypto Casino
██    ████    ████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
nurilham

Activity: 1428
Merit: 436

duelbits.com

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 09:01:20 PM

Indeed, when investing there is no pressure on how much you can afford. However, if we want a high ROI, it's a good idea to increase the DCA investment model in terms of installments and I think if one month is $10-20 it will feel like a long time. If possible, just inject a little more value, is it above $30-50 per each decline because I see BTC is still dreaming a lot.
Of course, we invest in the amount of money that we can afford to lose. The number of money depends on each person, it may be not the same between one person and another person. Each person has a different level of economic, it is depending on the profession or the income to get monthly.

Sure, DCA is an effective strategy to do, it helps us to multiply the number of our assets. If we can add $30-$50 in every decline, it will make bigger potential profits in the future.

I think time is running out, if you want to increase the installment value of BTC purchases, maybe now is the time.
Yes, the price of Bitcoin is rather cheap lately. It is only around $26k, it falls from $30k in the last few months. I think it is the best time to add more Bitcoin, it may be increasing again to $30k if this year is over. There is no many months left, only 3 months until the end of this year. When we reach the early of 2024, the price of Bitcoin probably begins to increase again gradually.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
DICE 
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Roseline492

Activity: 266
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2023, 09:05:21 PM

An analysis of the last 90 days Bitcoin price chart shows that Bitcoin was around 30K to 26K. If the next 90 days continue to be like this then those who are investing using DCA are basically finding the deep price of Bitcoin. Price is not a big factor in this regard be it 26k or 30k. This is an opportunity for those who are buying to hold Bitcoin and growing their portfolios. Market conditions can change at any time, but Bitcoin investors must be patient. Whether the market goes 34K or more in the next few days that is not a big factor. We should have low expectations rather than big hopes.
It seems we often over emphasize the use of DCA strategy on one direction such as accumulating using smaller amounts of money but we should also consider the factors or forces that could make our DCA strategy go wrong, because even with DCA strategy you can invest aggressively, because I had a similar experience while using DCA strategy in which I was consistently accumulating without a back up plan that could help me financially when the need aris, little did I no I was accumulating aggressively so I had a serious urgent need of money and at that present time I had nothing on me so I panicked I was stressed out thinking of a way out because I have no plans of selling the Bitcoin I had already accumulated and at the same time I need an urgent money so I was disoriented, so after I scale through that I realized one thing that DCA is just a strategy to enhance our experience but how we utilized the strategy is totally depends on our mindset.

Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 403 »
  Print  

Jump to: