Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:27:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76230 times)
Patrol69

Activity: 546
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2024, 02:11:00 PM
Merited by Rabata (1)

Personally, I do not like ideas of "going all in" to investments...

To me, it sounds like gambling and or trading rather than investing.

Even though I get the idea that reserve funds can be saved up in order to have extra cash that goes beyond regular DCA buying to be able to inject into your BTC investment at various points along the way, especially at various dippening points.

You are right but investment is now the only way to be profitable for everyone, trading or gambling without experience is not very profitable, if one invests in Bitcoin now, it is almost certain that he will be in a profitable position within a few months.
Also as per your suggestion if one trades and gambles intelligently then more profit is possible, but most of the wise people can't do these things by following the right rules.
Yes, currently the Bitcoin market is down a lot. A few days ago, we saw that Bitcoin rose to around $49,000, but now the market has come down to $39,000. Those who are interested in investing in Bitcoin should invest in DCA method on regular weekly or monthly basis from now on.
The price of Bitcoin is going down to about 10 thousand dollars so many people like you think that now they can get more profit if they invest in Bitcoin. It is true that buying a coin at a relatively low price has a high chance of profit, but an investor who has a long-term plan for his investment and wants to hold his investment for a long time does not wait for a small amount of market dumping. For those who are investors and those who like to invest for long term, you should look carefully and see that many investors have invested even during the 48 thousand dollars.  

Investors who invested at $48K are not regretting this market situation as it is temporary dumping and they will see many more such changes as they hold Bitcoin for a long time. But those who were waiting to invest when the prices come down relatively can start investing now because the market has now moved down a lot. But you will find many investors who will still wait for the market to come down further. That is, those investors will want to invest if the price of Bitcoin comes back to $29,000. To those who wait too long, I would like to say that opportunities will not come your way and since your plans are long-term, there is no need to worry so much about investing yourself.

Trading is all about luck, you must be a professional trader to make a profit from trading. The result of trading may be uncertain profit or loss. But if you invest, it is sure that you will get profit in the future.
Trading is a business and how to trade depends on luck. First you said that trading depends a lot on luck and secondly you said that it is difficult to profit from trading unless you are a professional trader. If you say two different things about the same thing in two lines, which one will we consider acceptable? The first statement is very wrong because trading is not dependent on luck at all, if trading was dependent on luck then traders would not have spent so much time to gain adequate understanding of trading or they would not have worked so hard to understand the market or candle. Trading is a difficult thing but those who accept it as difficult and keep trying even after the loss and who keep trying one after another risking money are very successful in trading. Trading is difficult for those who understand about trading, but for those who have no idea about trading, trading means buying a coin by seeing the relative dumping and selling when it increases a little, that is, it is easy for them. When you know enough about trading you will not say that trading depends on luck.

Maybe many have sold because of the fall in bitcoin prices, I am still holding the investment and my goal is to hold until the end of 2025. I think the drop in bitcoin price means an opportunity to increase my investment volume. The lower the price of Bitcoin, the more I will invest.
If you have a long-term investment plan and if the price goes up or down, even if you plan to increase your investment, pumping or dumping the price of Bitcoin won't affect you much. Yes it is true that there is ample opportunity to increase one's investment when the value of the coin goes down but not everyone wants to see the value of that particular coin go down gradually after making the investment.  

It is the year 2024 which means you will hold the investment till 2025 which means one more year. It is certain that the price will change a lot in this one year, but no matter how much pumping or dumping you see in the market, you should not get excited at that time. You must be patient and focus on keeping your investment for a long time. I hope your objective will be successful.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
348Judah

Activity: 700
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 02:11:08 PM

Even though I get the idea that reserve funds can be saved up in order to have extra cash that goes beyond regular DCA buying to be able to inject into your BTC investment at various points along the way, especially at various dippening points.

You are right but investment is now the only way to be profitable for everyone, trading or gambling without experience is not very profitable, if one invests in Bitcoin now, it is almost certain that he will be in a profitable position within a few months.
Also as per your suggestion if one trades and gambles intelligently then more profit is possible, but most of the wise people can't do these things by following the right rules.

Even if someone started investing $100 per week into BTC near the top of the first 2021 peak and through the second 2021 peak, and he continued to invest consistently and persistently that $100 every week for the past 3 years, he would be profitable right now since he would have had invested right around $15,700 and he would have 0.558 BTC (which would be worth around $22,320), and personally, I think that would be a great place to be for a person with that level of a discretionary/disposable budget..

We have an exception to if we are interested in going all in at once with our investment, this could be only possible when we make the necessary research on the previous performances of the market and the coin we are having in mind, then compare the past to the present and if you could speculate something out of it, whereby it's profitable to buy the dip and invest when the market is extremely bearish, in this situation, you can go all in at once and invest, but never make a mistake of investing on anything else aside bitcoin.

It is therefore mostly advised that when choosing a particular pattern of accumulating our bitcoin asset to hold, we should make use of a pattern that best serves our interest, using DCA or going in at once with the market when it is dip, buying and holding at the bear season is profitable enough provided that we can hold.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Negotiation

Activity: 1036
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2024, 02:45:51 PM

Even if someone started investing $100 per week into BTC near the top of the first 2021 peak and through the second 2021 peak, and he continued to invest consistently and persistently that $100 every week for the past 3 years, he would be profitable right now since he would have had invested right around $15,700 and he would have 0.558 BTC ** (which would be worth around $22,320), and personally, I think that would be a great place to be for a person with that level of a discretionary/disposable budget..

**[b]Edited:[/b] Here is the link for DCA of $100 per week for last 3 years https://dcabtc.com?sd=2021-01-24&sda=custom&f=weekly&d=3_years&ac=10000&c=true

You have definitely said a good way where people can invest very easily and plan their own way how to arrange their investment plan regularly, I hope many people will find your way useful. As per your suggestions if one makes an investment plan for 3 years and maintains consistency then it is certain that his life will change before the first term is over.

But we find that there are many people who expect leverage too quickly and trade or gamble in which case people lose against profit, ultimately losing the original investment money. It is important to make proper and the right decision.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
salad daging

Activity: 1638
Merit: 795

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2024, 02:49:55 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), alankasman (1)

Even if someone started investing $100 per week into BTC near the top of the first 2021 peak and through the second 2021 peak, and he continued to invest consistently and persistently that $100 every week for the past 3 years, he would be profitable right now since he would have had invested right around $15,700 and he would have 0.558 BTC (which would be worth around $22,320), and personally, I think that would be a great place to be for a person with that level of a discretionary/disposable budget..
I completely agree with you. Putting $100 into BTC every week for the past 3 years even when the price was high would have made a lot of money. The person would now have around $22,320 worth of BTC from an initial investment of $15,700. This is impressive considering the amount of money they had to spend. It shows that investing for a long time and putting money into BTC regularly is a good idea. Overall this strategy worked well for the person.
That's an illustration of how by regularly and consistently putting money into btc every week it will definitely have an average price of course from all of that it will have a profitable value for 3 years, try to imagine if we can do it for more than 5 years it will be something amazed that they can do it consistently putting money into btc for so long... I actually want something like this but I'm still in the process of DCA for more than 1 year.

For me $100 is an aggressive level even though every week the dollar value is not the same that is inputted, it will still be the best way with this strategy as long as it is one path with DCA that is run regardless of the money inputted it will still be good even though weekly our money is not the same $100 so on.

Starting from $30-$50 to $100 this method is still good if you do it to BTC.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Fuso.hp

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 03:36:01 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

In this strategy I buy stocks or assets when their prices fall (sink) and then hold the stock for a long period of time in anticipation of a rise in price which helps me to profit safely from the creep market.I do this based on the idea that market fluctuations are temporary, And over time the value of the asset will increase and help to exit the market safely.This approach requires patience and belief in the fundamentals of investing. However, it is imperative for new investors to conduct thorough research and consider the individual circumstances of each investment before implementing this strategy. DCA treading is the better strategy for this' Buy the DIP and Hold '
Don't just invest thinking this way but accept what is real and then you have to invest. If you think like that I am investing and I expect this investment will give me something good and of course after I invest I will get a lot of profit from this investment. Investing with such expectations means that you are investing only with positive prospects. You can't just invest thinking that something positive can happen, you have to invest in such a way that you believe that your money can both gain and lose. However, since you are investing in Bitcoin for a long-term plan, your risk is of course much lower and the chances of profit are high if you hold it for a certain period of time. Those who invest with the thought that what is there will be seen later, after I invest I will surely profit, it can be seen that these investors cannot hold their investment for a long time. So invest by accepting what is real and what can happen so that later you don't face any problem in holding your investment.

If you wait until you have a comfortable emergency fund that will be enough for you to take care of things when the need arises, you won't be able to invest, to me, I don't think that there is any amount that we should have before investing, beside an investor should not think of being alright financially before making investment move, the only aspect one should consider is how much that is coming in daily, weekly and monthly after this check, the money should be divided into a segment, the one for emergency stuff, other needs and the investment itself, with this idea one can start from somewhere and never think of withdrawing his or her investment when fully involved.
Since our investment is through money, we need to plan our money before investing. This must make me think about how much income I have and how much I can invest. But if I plan based on my income then I can't manage my investment properly. Investment is not one day investment or investment is not for short period of time, investment is long term and investment is usually done in long term plan. I thought I invested and I thought I sold the investment but we are not able to invest properly. The amount of money being invested must be invested for a long period of time and if there is excess money it can be added to the investment if possible. But I would never ask an investor to invest so much money that he would need to sell his investment later. Investors should invest relatively small amount of money and if an investor wants to keep more money with him so that he can use that money for his needs but it is a better decision not to sell the investment before the specified time. Based on the amount of money left by the investor every month or every week, the investor has to decide how much money he can invest every week or every month.

Even if someone started investing $100 per week into BTC near the top of the first 2021 peak and through the second 2021 peak, and he continued to invest consistently and persistently that $100 every week for the past 3 years, he would be profitable right now since he would have had invested right around $15,700 and he would have 0.558 BTC ** (which would be worth around $22,320), and personally, I think that would be a great place to be for a person with that level of a discretionary/disposable budget..

**[b]Edited:[/b] Here is the link for DCA of $100 per week for last 3 years https://dcabtc.com?sd=2021-01-24&sda=custom&f=weekly&d=3_years&ac=10000&c=true

You have definitely said a good way where people can invest very easily and plan their own way how to arrange their investment plan regularly, I hope many people will find your way useful. As per your suggestions if one makes an investment plan for 3 years and maintains consistency then it is certain that his life will change before the first term is over.

But we find that there are many people who expect leverage too quickly and trade or gamble in which case people lose against profit, ultimately losing the original investment money. It is important to make proper and the right decision.
Our nature is such that we cannot wait too long for anything. We try to find shortcuts for everything. But it is better not to take shortcuts in changing your destiny. If a certain amount of money is invested for a long term and gradually increases its investment over a long period of time, then there is a chance of a big change in our financial situation. To get rich overnight we mean gambling but gambling has made very few people rich. There is no chance of losing money in investing but there is a chance of losing money in gambling so why should we choose a site that will lose money in changing our lives. We need to work hard and be confident in our investment without giving too much importance to the fact that gambling can change one's life. If there is faith in relentless work and investment and if one can move forward according to that faith, then one's financial situation is bound to change. We have enough time but we don't have enough patience power but we need to increase that patience power so that we can take proper advantage of the opportunities.
Roseline492

Activity: 266
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2024, 03:38:12 PM

We have an exception to if we are interested in going all in at once with our investment, this could be only possible when we make the necessary research on the previous performances of the market and the coin we are having in mind, then compare the past to the present and if you could speculate something out of it, whereby it's profitable to buy the dip and invest when the market is extremely bearish, in this situation, you can go all in at once and invest, but never make a mistake of investing on anything else aside bitcoin.
Perhaps to be more in a saver side it will be of a great importance to have another separate funds rather than having only one strategy for buying the dip when we know how Bitcoin price movement behave at times and the possibility of falling drastically after moving uptrend is not certain so the best way to take advantage of any opportunities presented by the Bitcoin price is keeping some of your funds on DCA which will allow you to keep accumulating without thinking about if the Bitcoin price is high or not and before you realize you have already accumulated a lot of Bitcoin and the price of Bitcoin may still not be able to get to your targeted point to buy the dip , so perhaps even if you were not able to buy the dip since the price did not give you the opportunity perhaps your DCA has already cover you up.

adultcrypto

Activity: 308
Merit: 241

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 04:06:31 PM

It is therefore mostly advised that when choosing a particular pattern of accumulating our bitcoin asset to hold, we should make use of a pattern that best serves our interest, using DCA or going in at once with the market when it is dip, buying and holding at the bear season is profitable enough provided that we can hold.
No amount of research you make on any coin should make you go all in because to hold you must follow the steps outlined in this thread we are following. Besides, our focus is on Bitcoin on not other coins. Even though we are discussing how to buy and hold Bitcoin, it is not wise to invest your entire money on Bitcoin. Here we encourage people to invest only amounts they can afford to hold for long and still have their peace, live their normal lives and even have some reserved funds.

Furthermore, the term "go all in" is popular among those inundated by hypes of shitcoin. They usually throw caution to the wind because they want to become rich overnight. After reading the beautifully exaggerated whitepapers and studying the seemingly roadmaps and price projections, they are usually convinced they are in for quick wealth. Most of them only find out that they have been fooled when it is already late.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 04:39:05 PM

[edited out]
The problem with the so-called investors is they want everything instantly, as you said if someone invested $100 per week for straight 3 years then he would be made around 42% profit from his $15,700 but these gen Z investors don't find it very appealing and they look for more fast returns where they end up getting ripped completely.

In reality, 42% is a very decent return with no risks in just three years compared to traditional investments where they could have made hardly 20% in my opinion.

If someone is investing 4-10 years or longer, and they are ongoingly DCAing into BTC, then they still have 4-10 years or longer from their latest investment, and maybe their earlier parts of their investment are starting to come close to 4 years of maturity.  Bitcoin may or may not beat traditional investments in a short period of time, but we hypothesize that continuing to build your bitcoin investment is going to give you more options in the future... even though it is not a guarantee it remains a likely good place to put value to be able to get more options in the future.

Someone who wants to maximize their profits needs to accumulate a decent chunk of Bitcoin to play around, so once they get into the position they can dump half of their holdings like at the peak of next bull run and wait for the bear kick in, meanwhile they have to keep doing their investment as usual.

I am not talking about newbies dumping large portions of their BTC holdings during a perceived peak because how the fuck are they going to know where the peak is and dumping 50% sounds like gambling and trading that may or may not work out, but it also may well take them out of their accumulation mindset... so careful in terms of fucking around with bitcoin too much and thinking that you know when the peak will be.

IMO funding your emergency fund should come first. We should only invest once we have saved enough money for emergencies to cover future expenses for at least six months or a year. If you lose your job or the price of bitcoin goes down after you have invested, you won't have anything left with you. However, there might be adjustments to plans along the way. if you see any opportunity that you are certain will give you enough money if you invest in it, then it is worth taking the risk.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you say because if someone already has mature enough intentions and planning for long-term investment, of course the funding must also be mature enough. As you said, someone must have an emergency fund which must be prioritized as the main point before funds that will be used in their own investments for the long term. Because it is also very possible for an investor who invests in Bitcoin not to withdraw the funds that have been invested when market conditions become bad or when the price of Bitcoin itself experiences a correction like now.

So I think that's right, because that's what should be provided first before someone immediately takes investment steps with a simple plan, but not with sufficient consideration. I often liken it to a long journey with the preparation of two provisions that must be separated first before they are actually used in different places. So in this case the emergency fund is the main provision and investment funds are the second provision so that an investor can carry out his investment with enough discipline in something.
How much of emergency funds do you think will be first reached before then planning on beginning one's investment budget. This could be from your own perceptive but I see it as being a waste of time, where as I know how much of Bitcoin I must have loaded in my portfolio.
@teamsherry on his opinion decides to load his emergency funds for a six month space, do you know how much dips, call it a significant entry price that one should have DCA during that time.

One thing we should know, even in the process of saving that emergency funds, we still have to face certain problems which means we also have to alter the loading up of the emergency process, like still taken money from their to solve some life challenges.

You seem to be mixing up the ideas of emergency funds and float, and sure there could be times in which your emergency funds could be drawn from, but you have to be careful with the idea that you think that you will regularly be drawing from there, because if you do not continuously keep enough in your emergency fund, you could end up getting really fucked during a real emergency in which you might have depleted your emergency fund based on some extra expenses and then wham.. you have an emergency and insufficient emergency funds.  

I believe money from your cost of living has covered a lot of expenses and for the emergency fund is just there to cover up little more expenses, so why not convenient doing both.

In the end, guys are going to have to figure out how much value to keep in these various kinds of ways, and if they end up fucking it up, then the damage could end up being irreversible, and it might not make as much of a difference if their BTC investment is several times in profits, but if their BTC is in the negative or barely in profits, and there is a need to draw down the principle at the wrong time, then there might never come an ability to build the BTC holdings back up to the size that it had been.

With that 0.558 BTC, he can make huge profits when the Bitcoin price reaches $70k or even when it reaches $100k at the next ATH. That is a great result for someone already willing to invest in Bitcoin. With the profits he achieved, he was truly able to change his life for the better. With that profit, he could buy the things he wanted.

You seem to be thinking small potatoes if you are merely thinking about getting in and out of bitcoin whether that is $70k, $100k or otherwise.. But, hey, do what you like.

The problem is that only a few can consistently invest a certain amount weekly. Many people give up before they succeed in achieving their plans. They think waiting 3 years is too long and they slowly stop investing.

You can build systems to continue to invest, so even if you might have Ups and downs and you are not able to invest $100 per week, you might be able to invest $10 per week no matter what and even hold money in reserves so that you can invest $10 per week no matter what, and then maybe some weeks you can invest up to $100 per week or even more... So it seems to be a matter of building good systems.. and of course, you also can work on building your income and cutting your expenses.. which also can be difficult to achieve, especially if maybe some one might have to incur some expenses (such as going to school or something) in order to be qualified for higher paying jobs.

If he continues his investment, he could have some Bitcoins and the opportunity to make huge profits. He doesn't think what he is doing now can provide an opportunity to change his life for the better. That is a lesson for us to remain consistent in investing in Bitcoin.

I personally think that if a guy is in vesting $100 per week for 3 years and if he had started out with a 4-10 year or more investment timeline, then he may well be cutting himself short if he thinks that his later DCA amounts can just be cashed out in less than 4-10 years so it takes a quite a bit of time for an investment to build up and if you are still building, then you likely are not ready to be cashing out significant amounts of your stash, even if 3 years have already passed since you started to invest...

Now if the guy had lump sum invested $10k into bitcoin at the beginning of 2021 and maybe he got 0.3 BTC or something like that, and then thereafter he invested $100 per week, so then his total investment is 0.858 BTC rather than 0.558 BTC ..and so his earlier investment is getting close to the his 4 year initial timeline, but still it might not be prudent to be cashing out early, so a guy has to assess what it is that he wants to do, and if he might consider that he might be transitioning into some other stage of his investment that is something other than BTC accumulation and without degenerating into trading.. so if you go straight from accumulation to liquidating then you are acting like a trader rather than investor, an the intermediate stage would be getting into some kind of a maintenance stage, which also might allow you to start to sell some of your BTC, yet probably not a good idea to think about selling large portions, even if you believe that 0.858 BTC is enough to bring you to entry level fuck you status, it still might not be enough.. which surely considering "what are your goals?" is going to be important in terms of how to treat your bitcoin holdings that you likely spent a lot of efforts to accumulate to such levels after 3 years or so investing.

[edited out]
That will really depends on people if they could really wait that long but unfortunately majority of newbies now are here for short term since they think its more ideal for them to earn fast compare for waiting on long result which still questionable for them. But if they could just do that and see the past result made thru data of bitcoin price history for sure they can really agree to this statement that they can really earn good by doing this.

Also many people right now are here just because they are hype up that's why we don't see much consistency from those people since mostly they didn't meet their expectation since all they want is fast money thru bitcoin.

If they could just be smart to decide what's good for their bitcoin investment and have long patience also understanding on situations for sure they would have a chance to earn huge profit from this coin.

Even though I like to think about 4-10 years or longer as being a good long term investment timeline, maybe I should start recommending 6-12 years or longer, and then the minimum is at  least a cycle and a half rather than people thinking about merely cashing out right at the end of a cycle.. and the idea of cashing out if flawed, especially when it comes to figuring out how to think about long term investments.. .. .yet at the same time, there are going to be people who will have shorter investment timelines based on age or health conditions, and those people could still invest into bitcoin, but they may well end up getting caught on the wrong side of a wave, when they are in need of liquidity. so it could be problematic for people to invest into bitcoin in shorter timelines.

In this strategy I buy stocks or assets when their prices fall (sink) and then hold the stock for a long period of time in anticipation of a rise in price which helps me to profit safely from the creep market.I do this based on the idea that market fluctuations are temporary, And over time the value of the asset will increase and help to exit the market safely.This approach requires patience and belief in the fundamentals of investing. However, it is imperative for new investors to conduct thorough research and consider the individual circumstances of each investment before implementing this strategy. DCA treading is the better strategy for this' Buy the DIP and Hold '

Yeah, but we are not talking about stocks here.

We are talking about bitcoin.  So maybe you want to rewrite your post and include the word bitcoin in there somewhere so that we know that you are talking about the topic of this same thread.. and your mere throwing in some buzz words does not mean that you really are thinking through the topic.. but hey, that's what bots do, right?

How much of emergency funds do you think will be first reached before then planning on beginning one's investment budget. This could be from your own perceptive but I see it as being a waste of time, where as I know how much of Bitcoin I must have loaded in my portfolio.

One thing we should know, even in the process of saving that emergency funds, we still have to face certain problems which means we also have to alter the loading up of the emergency process, like still taken money from their to solve some life challenges.
Actually in times of planning for an emergency funds we may not really no the exact amount of funds that should be on our emergency funds but however as we have different investors that's also how our individual needs could also varies so every investors should have a little knowledge on how the estimated amount of funds that will actually be okay for them in case of any emergency needs will arise, so perhaps if you have only one source of income that generate $100 on a monthly basis you could structure your accumulation pattern in such a way that after investing your budgeted amount on Bitcoin using DCA strategy you could still have other funds that will be there for your daily needs.

For example since your monthly salary will be $100 you could budget $10 or $20 depending on your financial responsibilities by using it to invest on Bitcoin through DCA strategy, however with this you will realize that the remaining funds will be enough to cover for any emergency needs that could arise

You seem to be mixing up the idea of emergency funds and float.  Emergency funds is not merely the extra each month that you might need, and that is more like a float.  Emergency funds would be something like 3-6 months or more worth of expenses that you would need to cover if your income dried up or even for other reasons like an accident, a medical emergency or something that was somewhat unforeseen, and surely the greater your emergency fund, then you might consider holding some of it in ways that are immediately available, such as cash, then then maybe other parts might be held in some kinds of interest bearing accounts, but usually the emergency funds are not in assets that are volatile so it would mostly be in the currency that you usually use for your expenses... or if you have a shitty fiat, then maybe you keep dollars instead of your local currency, depending on how easy it is for you to exchange the dollars if you need them.

and perhaps if there is no serious needs and you realize that after the first month your emergency funds is still intact you can now adjust your accumulation pattern by increasing a bit and however if after that month and you feel that the emergency funds is not enough you could also come back to your normal accumulation pattern, so perhaps this the reason why is very good for an investor to be able to adjust there investment pattern if the need arise.

There is nothing wrong with these ideas except the emergency funds usually should be at 3 months minimum, especially the larger that you bitcoin investment is.. so if your bitcoin investment is less than the size of 1 month's emergency fund, then maybe your emergency fund does not need to be as large, but if your BTC investment size is getting to the size of close to a year or more of your expenses, then it probably would be better to have an emergency fund that is close to 6 months of your expenses.  Surely guys have to come up with their own balances, and if they make mistakes and misjudgments, then they are going to be the ones to lose, and frequently guys do not realize that they have made a mistake in regards to how they are treating their reserves, their emergency fund, their float and other kinds of ways of holding cash that could serve these purposes until it is too late.

[edited out]
If you wait until you have a comfortable emergency fund that will be enough for you to take care of things when the need arises, you won't be able to invest, to me, I don't think that there is any amount that we should have before investing,

There are not exact strict rules, but you could get in trouble if you fuck around too much with these kinds of things, and probably at bare minimum you likely have to have at least something like a 2 week float in your cashflow, and probably you could build your emergency fund and your BTC investment simultaneously until each are at 3 months, and then once you get your emergency fund to 3 months you probably could build your BTC investment larger.. but if you BTC investment gets large, then 3 months might not be enough for your emergency fund because you would be taking too much risk that your BTC investment might end up getting used as part of your emergency fund, which likely is not a good idea, but guys do have more liberties the larger their wealth grows, and if you get several years worth of BTC built up, it may not be a big deal to have part of your BTC serve as an emergency fund, but you still could end up in a situation in which you have to sell some parts of your BTC at a time that is not of your own choosing, but if your BTC holdings are 3x, 5x, 10x or more in profits, you might not even be that concerned about it, even though you might see that there are high and low price points in bitcoin (including looking at spot price as compared with 200-week moving average) and you might not be wanting to sell any of your BTC during the lower of the price points.

beside an investor should not think of being alright financially before making investment move, the only aspect one should consider is how much that is coming in daily, weekly and monthly

Of course having a good cashflow does make it easier to have a good float that you might not even be labelling as an emergency fund, but your float or even the assurance of your strong cashflow is still serving a similar purpose as an emergency fund.

after this check, the money should be divided into a segment, the one for emergency stuff, other needs and the investment itself, with this idea one can start from somewhere and never think of withdrawing his or her investment when fully involved.

Surely, I agree with the idea of getting started as soon as possible, so those are not bad ideas in terms of trying to build several parts simultaneously.  Another thing that guys sometimes need to consider when investing is their use of debt and if they already have a lot of debt or various kinds of loans, so there may be cases in which the debt may need to be put into control, and surely that can be done simultaneously too in terms of making sure to pay off higher debt before lower debt and if all of the debt is at a fairly low interest rate, such as less than 6% per year and without any other penalties, then there might not be as big of a rush to pay it off, even though 6% guaranteed returns does seem good... even though in the real world (in spite of what governments tell us) the cost of living might well be going up higher than 6% per year currently.  

First, sure you corrected yourself to clarify that we are talking about bitcoin here and not talking about some "coin" that we might have identified.. fuck shitcoins.

Second, part of the reason that I do not like the idea of going all in is because even if the BTC price dips, we could end up investing $10k or whatever into it all at once, and then if the BTC price continues to dip from our entry point, then we are all out of ammuntion  and we have to wait it out.

Let's say for example in 2020 and 2021 we had been watching BTC a lot and we were wanting to get in and we were saving up a lump sum, and maybe we were saving $100 per week and we really wanted to get into bitcoin, but we were afraid, so we kept saving and watching, so by the time the end of 2021 came, we had accumulated $7k and we had an additional $3k in our emergency fund, and when saw a dip from $69k to $42k, in early 2022, we decided to go "all in" and we invested $10k into bitcoin at $42k-ish, and so then when the BTC price went against us in 2022, we would have been kind of fucked for nearly 2 years, and also maybe we would not even be in a position to hold through all of that time, or to replenish our emergency fund that might take us more than 1/2 year to do to get it back up to $3k and then we miss the opportunities to buy during the low periods in 2022, and so maybe at some point we can continue to invest $100 per week in BTC once we get our cash back in order.. but maybe we might have screwed ourselves up mentally.

probably the better approach would have been divide our desired $10k into three parts, and invested $3,333 right away, and then had $3,333 for buying on dips and $3,333 for DCA... and we would not have had to deplete our emergency fund or taking other drastic measures when we went "all in," and sure maybe we are quibbling about the definition of "all in," yet I am providing some elaboration regarding why I do not like that "all in" way of framing an approach to BTC investing, even if you might take some measures to "not really be "all in" it is not a good way of describing investing into something like BTC or maybe even other investments, but can be especially important in BTC that can have very violent and long lasting price moves that go against expectations.

I did not really say that a person should make an investment plan for 3 years, but instead showed what the last three years of consistent and persistent DCA would have had accomplished... so most likely if such person is still accumulating BTC after 3 years then he likely still has a decent amount of investment time from there because he is still building his investment portfolio... but sure, if he decides that 0.558 BTC is enough or that maybe he wants to slow down his investment pace or to otherwise to change his investment pattern or to transition into maintenance rather than accumulation, all of those practices would be consistent with longer term investing ideas...but I still doubt hat such a guy with ONLY 40% or so profits should be in any kind of position to be planning taking profits at that rate.. even though surely guys can do whatever they like in terms of how the consider their BTC investment and the extent to which compounding might be contemplated to be of value to them in order to have longer term plans (and options) rather than framing their BTC investment in terms of mere short term profits.  

That's an illustration of how by regularly and consistently putting money into btc every week it will definitely have an average price of course from all of that it will have a profitable value for 3 years, try to imagine if we can do it for more than 5 years it will be something amazed that they can do it consistently putting money into btc for so long... I actually want something like this but I'm still in the process of DCA for more than 1 year.

For me $100 is an aggressive level even though every week the dollar value is not the same that is inputted,

$100 per week is ONLY used for illustrative purposes, and surely any amount could be used to show consistency.. and surely guys can try to shoot for some level that is sufficiently aggressive, but still guys should be attempting to be practical within their own means..  and furthermore past performance is not an indicator of future results, even though we can get some ideas regarding the power of these kinds of matters to act upon ideas and to build rather than just having ideas and not necessarily having action to go along with the ideas.

it will still be the best way with this strategy as long as it is one path with DCA that is run regardless of the money inputted it will still be good even though weekly our money is not the same $100 so on.

Starting from $30-$50 to $100 this method is still good if you do it to BTC.

Yes.. the dollar is consistently going down in value and being debased at probably a higher rate than what is being officially presented by various government agencies that report on such dollar value status.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
$crypto$
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1041

Smart is not enough, there must be skills

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2024, 06:49:23 PM
Merited by BigBos (2)

If you wait until you have a comfortable emergency fund that will be enough for you to take care of things when the need arises, you won't be able to invest, to me, I don't think that there is any amount that we should have before investing, beside an investor should not think of being alright financially before making investment move, the only aspect one should consider is how much that is coming in daily, weekly and monthly after this check, the money should be divided into a segment, the one for emergency stuff, other needs and the investment itself, with this idea one can start from somewhere and never think of withdrawing his or her investment when fully involved.
Thinking about emergency funds is very important especially if you don't want to disturb when the investment has started, we never know what future circumstances are needed, so emergency funds are important before investment starts, at least you already have a handle on this.

Well that's a lot of consideration with the cash flow you have, I'm sure the average of us will probably get from a month's salary and divide it into several segments of emergency funds, needs and investments then that will be divided by how many percent of investment how big your needs are then this is important not to be ignored.

I feel that with the emergency fund that has been prepared we feel a little more relieved, why? Because you will be a little calm with bitcoin investment even though for example the cash flow is starting to decrease a little but you can still do from emergency funds or needs can use emergency funds until cash flow returns to normal.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Spaceman1000$

Activity: 504
Merit: 151

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 07:39:03 PM

No amount of research you make on any coin should make you go all in because to hold you must follow the steps outlined in this thread we are following. Besides, our focus is on Bitcoin on not other coins. Even though we are discussing how to buy and hold Bitcoin, it is not wise to invest your entire money on Bitcoin. Here we encourage people to invest only amounts they can afford to hold for long and still have their peace, live their normal lives and even have some reserved funds.

Furthermore, the term "go all in" is popular among those inundated by hypes of shitcoin. They usually throw caution to the wind because they want to become rich overnight. After reading the beautifully exaggerated whitepapers and studying the seemingly roadmaps and price projections, they are usually convinced they are in for quick wealth. Most of them only find out that they have been fooled when it is already late.
This is what I've been advocating for, going all in ordinary is not a bad concept but it is most appropriate if you invest an amount you can patiently hold on to because is a long time investment, moreover even when you do your research on most of this other coins, how reliable and sustainable can most of them be, so Bitcoin for me remains the undisputable coin.

However the idea of "going all in" can best suit people that have understood the market navigation and have the good financial muscle to invest and hold, at this stage they've taken all precautionary measures to reduce their losses and increase their gain.

Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2024, 08:15:07 PM

However the idea of "going all in" can best suit people that have understood the market navigation and have the good financial muscle to invest and hold, at this stage they've taken all precautionary measures to reduce their losses and increase their gain.
No amount of understanding, mastery, experience and what have you is enough to justify the decision of going all in. It is a bad concept that does not always end well. Most people that lost money to Bitcoin or other coins always go all in with money they probably have other use for. When the profit is not forthcoming, they are forced to sell at a loss because they went all in with money meant for other things.

Like many people have already said, investment fund should be separated from funds for basic needs thereafter emergency funds should also be kept for optimal management of the investment portfolio. This way there will be no pressures to sell even if the price drop because there is the confidence that Bitcoin will always recover with time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 08:32:22 PM

This is what I've been advocating for, going all in ordinary is not a bad concept but it is most appropriate if you invest an amount you can patiently hold on to because is a long time investment, moreover even when you do your research on most of this other coins, how reliable and sustainable can most of them be, so Bitcoin for me remains the undisputable coin.

Maybe it's simpler
 1. Buy and Hold and there is no need for advanced analysis if we buy with DCA.
 2. Increase the allocation of funds for the next purchase if you earn more income at that time.
 3. To achieve routine purchases in stages, you have to concentrate and not be consumed by negative issues that make You feel anxious or anything that can hinder long-term investment planning.
 4. Have at least several options, Including reserve funds, to be able to accumulate Bitcoin when the price of Bitcoin drops suddenly.
 5. put your own principles first in planning your investment because if You are unable to implement several options in distributing funds then it is better to buy regularly at each stage that you have planned with DCA.
 6. Mainly hold bitcoin in a personal wallet or in a wallet that you control the keys to.
 7. If you are married, It is better to tell your wife or children that you are investing in Bitcoin.
I think if we are consistent we don't need many ways to make long-term investments, We can just Buy and Hold until the investment target is achieved, For example 10 year. Moreover, for example, those of us here who are not very skilled at reading chart, Of course DCA is the best in every way. maybe my advice is to stay away from Shitcoin and focus on Bitcoin only.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Promocodeudo

Activity: 378
Merit: 182

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2024, 09:07:59 PM

I don't think perception of buying only when the price is ok with for, no doubt, it is the best period to buy but will you continue to stagnate every opportunity that comes your way to buy until the price dip I think the answer is no, bitcoin investment was not meant to be that way, once your investment fund is ready, delaying further will amount to risk because you might end up spending such fund, some IMO I will advice that any person that's is ready should not wait for the price to be dip before investment beaches retracing any lost opportunity is almost impossible, though fluctuations can not be neglected in bitcoin market but it might be in your own favour, note every time and day is an opportunity in this market, instead of waiting, divide the fund and invest the larger amount and make sure you will be holding to enjoy the long term benefit.

boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 09:10:18 PM

Like many people have already said, investment fund should be separated from funds for basic needs thereafter emergency funds should also be kept for optimal management of the investment portfolio. This way there will be no pressures to sell even if the price drop because there is the confidence that Bitcoin will always recover with time.
I agree.

Because what happens when your entire investment like if you're holding Bitcoin is your entire wealth, there is a big tendency that you will be forced to sell it at a time that you're not willing to sell but you have to.

That's why when we invest, make sure that we've got funds as well like emergency funds or extra funds that will be touched and protect our assets like in Bitcoin if unforeseen times comes.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Humblevirus

Activity: 232
Merit: 194

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 09:20:42 PM

IMO funding your emergency fund should come first. We should only invest once we have saved enough money for emergencies to cover future expenses for at least six months or a year. If you lose your job or the price of bitcoin goes down after you have invested, you won't have anything left with you. However, there might be adjustments to plans along the way. if you see any opportunity that you are certain will give you enough money if you invest in it, then it is worth taking the risk.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you say because if someone already has mature enough intentions and planning for long-term investment, of course the funding must also be mature enough. As you said, someone must have an emergency fund which must be prioritized as the main point before funds that will be used in their own investments for the long term. Because it is also very possible for an investor who invests in Bitcoin not to withdraw the funds that have been invested when market conditions become bad or when the price of Bitcoin itself experiences a correction like now.

So I think that's right, because that's what should be provided first before someone immediately takes investment steps with a simple plan, but not with sufficient consideration. I often liken it to a long journey with the preparation of two provisions that must be separated first before they are actually used in different places. So in this case the emergency fund is the main provision and investment funds are the second provision so that an investor can carry out his investment with enough discipline in something.
@teamsherry on his opinion decides to load his emergency f
unds for a six month space, do you know how much dips, call it a significant entry price that one should have DCA during that time.

I believe money from your cost of living has covered a lot of expenses and for the emergency fund is just there to cover up little more expenses, so why not convenient doing both.

To ensure a smooth Bitcoin investment journey, it's crucial to set aside some extra money for emergencies. This emergency fund acts like a safety net, so if unexpected problems come up, you won't have to sell your Bitcoin hastily to tackle those issues. The reason having this emergency savings is super important is that you want to avoid selling your Bitcoin at the wrong time; instead, it's better to hold onto it until the market is favorable for selling a portion of your Bitcoin.

Now, you might be wondering, how much money should you save for emergencies to make sure you never feel compelled to touch your Bitcoin holdings? Well, it's a bit tricky because future problems could be more significant than your emergency savings. One effective strategy to handle this is by using the Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA) method. This means regularly buying Bitcoin, buying weekly or monthly, and simultaneously setting aside a portion of your funds for emergencies also. This way, you're steadily accumulating Bitcoin without getting distracted or feeling pressured to sell during challenging times. It's like building a financial safety wall to protect your long term Bitcoin investment journey.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
I_Anime

Activity: 364
Merit: 153

Cashback 15%

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 10:04:56 PM

but another issue could come from being in an investment for a long time, there can be senses of the cycles
What do you mean by senses of cycles, I'm not really clear on this. Or do you mean when a person has become so used to a pattern that it becomes hard to change or adapt to new strategies?

I was merely referring to bitcoin's historical 4 year cycle that could potentially cause folks to try to time the cycle, and maybe if they have already accumulated enough bitcoin, they might not end up damaging themselves by adjusting their behaviors in accordance what they believe to be the cycle - yet the cycle is not guaranteed, so if they play cycles badly, they could end up getting way off track from what their goals had been, which was to accumulate BTC and to get to fuck you status, but if you end up selling too many BTC too soon, then you might never end up making progress to accumulate enough BTC in order to really get to the kinds of levels of wealth that you would have otherwise been capable if you had merely just stayed on track and followed a more conservative strategy.  .. and yeah, it could be the case that the one who takes more risk ends up doing better, so I cannot tell you with any kind of confidence what is the best strategy for your particular circumstances and even if you might end up having some insight into ways to manage your bitcoin accumulation that might end up out performing a more strict and persistent DCA strategy.

I usually consider that a person who has accumulated a lot of BTC might start to slow down a bit on his DCA and would more likely start to favor buying on the dip, but surely it is relative.  If  a person is trying to reach fuck you status (which is traditionally consider to be between 20-30 years of salary/expenses saved/invested), and he has ONLY saved up/invested less than 1 year of annual salary/expenses, he may still be fairly aggressively inclined towards DCA; however, if he is getting to a point of having 3-5 years of salary/expenses saved/invested, then he might start becoming more strategic, and if he is getting into the neighborhood of 8-10 years of salary/investment saved/invested, he might change his strategies even more.  Part of the reasons for the changes in the strategies is that any new contribution that he makes into his investment/savings is likely not adding as much value as is the price appreciation or depreciation of his investment.
Based on this I understand as a person continue to mature in his investment, he would continue to become more strategic around his allocations and strategies in bitcoin either to get more bitcoin(or reach a certain level of accumulation) or to make more profit from it.

A person could also decide to DCA a smaller amount into bitcoin and to start to buy some other asset (I am not referring to shitcoins).  If you have 90% bitcoin and 10% cash and you don't have any other investments, you might start to feel overly lopsided, and you probably should...even though some people do play those kinds of ways too.. which I think has been too volatile, but it also depends on your lifestyle, your obligations, whether you have a family to support and maybe other kinds of considerations.

Like you've said before if a newbie is more concerned about profit on his first years of investing, it could either cause him not to hold much or even he might diviate from his DCA, since he has become more profit minded.

People get scared if they are new, and if you had never invested into anything and you invest $1k into bitcoin, and maybe after a year or two it ends up being $10k or $20k, you might start to get nervous and not know how to deal with that.. because it had happened so quickly. 

Think about 2015 BTC went from $250 to $19,666, which is about a 78x price appreciation in slightly more than 2 years to late 2017, and so something like that could have had created some problems for some people to know what to do, even if they might have ONLY had a few thousand invested, and yeah we do not necessarily need to be so extreme in order to make the point that difficulties can ensue, including the person who might have cashed out everything after a 10x price increase to around $2,500 and then thinking that he might buy back, but then also maybe spending some of the profits, but then when the BTC price went shooting u another 7.8x or so, then there might have been some second guessing and even buying back in and other dilemmas that could have had been caused by not timing matters well.

But a more mature investor can be more profit minded cause he can now align his allocations and strategies in a way that would be to make more profit form his investment and the level they call fuck you status could also determine their approach to buying. So like we have agreed before our senerios and strategies might continue to change based on different factors and the one we know for now is individuals, I was also thinking don't you think things like market trend could affect how a more mature investor and newbie would approach the market and plan out their senerios, cause it would be hard for me to say that if all mature investors would consider a bearish market as worse case.

I personally like to create plans in which the price comes to me, so I don't try to guess which way it is going to go, and so I don't really like the idea of selling any BTC unless there is a feeling that you don't need that BTC, and it takes a certain level of overaccumulation of BTC to be able to comfortably carry out something like that.

An investor could also be in his 8-10 years range and still looking to get more bitcoin, so he might seem to be aggressive towards a bear market than a bull market an at this point he could have even reach his fuck you status as planned by him but just wishes to get more bitcoin.

Well, in traditional investments, a person could spend 30 to 40 years investing and still not get close to getting to fuck you status, and whether he had put away 10% of his salary or maybe he ends up making a lot of mistakes and dipping into it or not really putting in 10% of his salary, so actually getting to entry level fuck you status is a pretty BIG accomplishment, and if you are starting out with zero investments, then maybe you could be able to shave down the time to get to entry-level fuck you status to 15-20 years instead of 30-40 years, but still you could have a dilemma in regards to whether you measuring the value of your assets correctly and accounting for likely increases in the cost of living and also debasement of the dollar and other fiat currencies.  So guys might feel that getting to entry level fuck you status is not enough, and they need some cushion, which is part of the reason that I believe that using the 200-week moving average is amongst the best of ways to valuate your bitcoin, and I think that guys could work with my sustainable withdrawal ideas once they get to that stage.. but surely there is a need to get there first or get close to that point and/or to make sure that there is desire to pull the fuck you lever, but at the same time.. if a guy is truly happy with working, then it could well be that he wants to continue to actively build his wealth, even though he is going to have a lot of empowerment to have the option to quit any time that he wants rather than being forced to continue to have to work.

Previously I had considered that ONLY getting to fuck you status would be the goal to bounce out of a DCA strategy, but part of the problem with that kind of analysis is that maybe a guy might have created an accumulation goal for himself of something like 10% or even 25%, but then if he ends up over investing during times in which the BTC price was relatively low, then he might feel over allocated, and if the BTC price goes up 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x or some other amounts, then he feels even more over allocated, and might become reluctant to invest more into BTC, even though he might still not be close to fuck you status.
This individual here shows a totally different characteristics from the once you have used from your other examples. In his case he feels satisfied with how his short term investment has been even tho he hasn't reached his desired level of accumulation in his portfolio. But if the bitcoin price corrects and maybe goes back to 2x,

Yeah, but it still might not be a good idea to play around too much.. maybe the solution is to just HODL and to invest in other things when he gets nervous about being overallocated.. even though maybe it would be better to just continue to DCA into bitcoin or maybe he can compromise and cut his DCA amount down so that he is still putting some into BTC, but at the same time either building up his cash or building up; some of his other investments (and not referring to shitcoins), and I am not saying the choices are easy, but they are much easier to make once you are in the situation rather than hypothesizing about the various possibilities prior to actually being in the situation.

he might also begin his journey again or is it possible that to avoid cases like this we set a limit for ourselves to not allocate more than a certain amount in a month or weeks or at any intervals we chose.

Sure, there could be various ways to deal with the matter, but it makes more sense once you get into that kind of situation to have some ideas of various ways to attempt to deal with the matter.

Some guys reallocate at various locations along the way, and I personally don't really like that approach, and I subscribe more to the idea of letting your winners ride, but that can still leave you in problematic places when an extra-ordinary correction ends up coming..and then maybe some additional funny feelings and second guessing about "I could have done x, y or z".  Some guys are not going to have those kinds of regrets and are just going to roll with the volatility, even though factually there is a kind of fact of the matter about benefits that could have happened by selling higher and buying back lower, even if it is just some of the portfolio.. like 10-20% rather than all of it.

Now this is major case of individual preference, another person might be fired up to invest more into bitcoin and even decide to increase his allocations from 25% to maybe 30% and decide to be a little more aggressive.

Yeah, but the lopsidedness of the allocation likely does not come from how much he invested, but from the fact that BTC ended up outperforming all of his other assets... let's go back to the $50k investment portfolio and the guy might have invested 5% or 10% into bitcoin, so his investment was merely $2,500 or $5k, but if he accomplished that in 2015, then in two years the regular portfolio might go from $50k to $70k (which would be very good to get 40% out of two years), but the BTC went from $5k to $300k, so then the BTC portion of the investment would end up being quite lopsided if the total investment portfolio is $370k then the BTC portion is 81%... so it did not even become 81% because the guy was overly aggressive, but in the $5k scenario, he was merely investing a modest amount of 10% into BTC and that 10% became 81%, and that is not very unusual in various bitcoin historical patterns, even though it is also not even close to guaranteed to repeat itself, but if something like that were to repeat itself, it is better to attempt to have some kind of a meaningful plan rather than having no plan, and we do not even have to agree upon the plan since there is plenty of discretion in regards to various ways to attempt to deal with the matter.. but not as easy to make the plan during the heat of going through the matter, but it is likely better to have a plan in advance and to attempt to somewhat follow through with your plan, even if you might tweak it a bit and maybe even make a few mistakes, but hopefully the mistakes are relatively minor mistakes rather than being the kind of mistakes that would completely take you out of the game.

[edited out]
depends on the strategies of the particular investor though. Imo before taking action in doing any investment always ensure to have a back up cash than to just go all in, you going all in. Have already given you the mindset that yah hope is on your investment and that can of investing are not normally for long time because you would be in eager in withdrawing  your investment.

@Jayjuangee and everyone which do you prefer should be priority?

1. Building your emergency fund first before investing

2. Start investing immediately and leave emergency fund for later

3. Do both of them simultaneously

Well?  What are you starting with?  Absolutely nothing?  Most people will have a couple of weeks or even a month's emergency fund, just as a kind of float, so maybe sometimes they will be pushed to the limits, and yeah maybe if they are sloppy then many times they end up running out completely with their float, so if you are not being responsible with your float, then you are not really in a position to invest into anything, and if you have a month's float, even at the worst time of the month, then you at least have a little bit of wiggle room to start to invest into bitcoin, and so maybe your first few months you are not really investing very much, so if your BTC investment gets to be the same size as one or two months of your expenses, then you better have your float and a bit of an emergency fund, otherwise you are going to end up having to sell some of your coins and/or you are engaging in gambling.

The more that your bitcoin investment gets to be greater than a month or two of the size of your monthly expenses, the more likely you need an emergency fund of at least the same amount, so the recommended amount is 3-6 months of expenses for your emergency fund, and surely the stronger your emergency fund, then the more aggressive that you can be with your BTC investing (DCA) without devolving into gambling, so yeah, nothing wrong with simultaneously building it, but it just seems reckless to cause your BTC to grow to be greater than the size of your emergency fund because then it is really serving as your emergency fund, which is a really poor practice an probably part of the reason that so many newbies are not able to hang onto their coins for even a whole cycle because they cannot even get passed the basics in terms of developing practices that are not gambling.. because they get too greedy in terms of wanting their money to work for them (by being invested into BTC) but their money is not going to be working for them if they end up having to cash out some or all of it based on preventative measures that were easily within their abilities to NOT get too greedy. 

[edited out]
I guess most time on Tuesday market do undergo some certain corrections.  So setting your regular DCA at that ain't bad.
Raking method or strategies is actually nice. That would really help in accumulating profit in short period of time with minimize risk compare to that of leverage trading. Yah I don't think I would classify that as trading but in order to exercise raking you need to have accumulate alot of BTC that when you be able to gain profitably well. The profits would varies but when the coin is rising you would also accumulate good profit too. And that would good if you planning to withdraw from your investment you could withdraw the profits you made from the raking theory.

If you are interested in the raking topic, you might want to look at my investment ideas thread and sustainable withdrawal thread and also look at risto's thread that I refer to in my investment ideas thread.

I got (and modified) several of my selling on the way up ideas from Rpietila's (Risto) (RIP) 2013 Thread entitled.:  (SSS) - A Sane and Simple bitcoin Savings plan

[edited out]
Not everyone who is accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy has the same financial power to save a reserved fund after saving the fund that will take care of their financial needs. So I agree with Odohu that someone used his bitcoin DCA fund to buy something else because there will be a situation where you will find yourself handling a project and your emergency fund will not be enough to finish up the project, and there is nowhere you can get money in the short term. You will have no choice but to skip buying bitcoin for some weeks so that you will be able to finish up the project.

That is part of the reason that people diversify also, and they will have various kinds of funds so that they draw from the fund that is going to be most advantageous for them to draw from, which could supplement an emergency fund if it is very liquid, and so one of the temptations that people have with bitcoin is to cash out of it quickly because it is so liquid, and maybe some other funds might take them several days to get cash from them, and sometimes they need cash right away.. or let's say some unexpected expenses come up and they have to be paid within 15 days or within 30 days, and so there is a bit of flexibility, but maybe not enough for certain kinds of funds, so frequently emergency funds will be held in cash or maybe in some kind of an account that earns interest, but it might not earn enough interest in order to account for how fast the cash is losing value.

When you are talking about a project you are not necessarily talking about an emergency, but you could end up in a bad situation, if you had started a project, and so you have enough money for it and maybe you just slightly dip into your emergency fund because you think that you will be able to replenish your emergency funds within the next few weeks or no later than 30days - however, as you do all of those things and you think that you have it under control, then there ends up being cost overruns or something that involves work already done or maybe some accident happens with the project so it is going to cost around 20% to 30% more than expected, and there can be some kinds of expenses that are deferrable and a matter of preference, but there can be other kinds of expenses that need to get carried out right away otherwise it might end up costing even more if they are not completed.. for example a roof falls in or catches on fire. and then if you don't repair it right away you will end up getting water damage or other kinds of risks if you try to employ inadequate temporary measures.
Thanks, this is truly helpful, was actually thinking where I could get such information. When you mentioned about raking theory in your reply in this thread, actually drag my interest so I tried making some research about it but wasn't getting a clearer picture about it (or may be  is the way I research about it) but now this links have just save me the stress. Normally as an investor you must have the Jill to learn about new things, and this forum as being helping me so far with that expecially this thread concerning holding and investment. Though haven't spend much time here in this thread but I can see the changes due to the impacting of other knowledgeable and experienced users on this thread with their epic ideas about investment and other stuffs
 thanks. Grin

Fiasem20

Activity: 115
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 10:58:23 PM

Your 100% right bro.This forum has taught me so many things about hodling bitcoin for long term investment, including the DCA strategy to follow as an investor.Bitcoin is the best cyptrocurrency in terms of long term investment other than shitcoins,some investors that have the aim of making quick money invest on shitcoin and end up with regret,the reasons are
1.Shitcoin or memecoin has lot of report about scam cases.Many investors who invest on shitcoins end up being scammed by internet fraudsters.
2.Shitcoin aren't best for long term investment,so investor who invest their money on shitcoins bear the risk of loss because many shitcoin come into the cyptro space and are nowhere to be found.

Now is the best time for investors to buy the dip and hodl it with the expectation of the next bull run market when the price of bitcoin will be high.
Troytech

Activity: 140
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 11:40:00 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2024, 12:26:22 AM by Troytech

Now is the best time for investors to buy the dip and hodl it with the expectation of the next bull run market when the price of bitcoin will be high.

While it is very good to be optimistic about your expectations in investing in bitcoin, as a newbie it is also good to have in mind that anything can happen out their and the market remains unpredictable, yes we are expecting a bull run but its also possible (even not with the facts that are available to us like the halving theory and all that) that things could take side turn and the market goes bearish and if you are overly expecting to make profits out of this bull run as an early investor it could cause you to lose hope or even become sluggish with your investment. What I'll advice is that you plan out and be ready for everything that could happen on the Market, have a set of different senerios planned out for every possibility that could happen for example based on how optimistic you are sounding your best case senerio would be for the market to go bullish and maybe give a desired price that you have In mind and a normal case if the market decides to remains flat with no much movement and a worst case if things go full bearish and against your expectations.

One thing beign preached here is readiness, we must be ready for anything since we can't full beat our hands on our chest and say that this would happen our that would happen. Your major aim now should not even be where or how the price turn out(unless you have already been an investor for a while and not really a newbie, but for the sake of this forum and ranking system I'll advice you as I see) but to continue with your DCA and build your portfolio to a certain level and your aim for profit would be after holding and investing for like 1-4 years, this would help you keep your eyes on the right direction and so you dont end up losing track along the line In your investment. Try to also build your reserves in case of emergency or even if the Market goes against you.

Stay safe, invest with the right mindset.

I'm not really clear on what your trying to say here, but if your referring to dip buys, then you must understand that waiting for this dips could be a real problem expecially when its your only strategy and this could cause to miss out a lot of opportunities that you could use to buy more asset through DCA and more over you might spend months without even investing or taking any step cause you would be wondering which dip is the final dip, I've seen people wait for a dip that would never come and end up losing all the time they could have taken advantage of to start buying. And from what your saying it seems you're most likely a short term investor since you made mention of exiting the Market safely.

With respect to this, I hope you understand that the price of asset could consolidate around a point for months and at times lasts up to six months of fluctuations with making much move upwards, just like after bitcoin hits its ATH  if 68k if I'm not mistaken and dropped down to around 20k last year and it's starting to give us a little upward movement this year and has just dropped about 10k, so if you only buy on dips and maybe after bitcoin reaches its ATH you buy around 35k price you would still be waiting for that profit up till now, if you haven't lost hope already and sold at a loss and since you are a short term trader, you mostly likely won't have the patience.

But if you had rather given a DCA approach you would have accumulated a lot and be even more prepared for any bull run coming and you would have built quite the portfolio or stash by now.

Popkon6

Activity: 574
Merit: 289

View Profile
January 25, 2024, 01:12:28 AM

I agree.

Because what happens when your entire investment like if you're holding Bitcoin is your entire wealth, there is a big tendency that you will be forced to sell it at a time that you're not willing to sell but you have to.

That's why when we invest, make sure that we've got funds as well like emergency funds or extra funds that will be touched and protect our assets like in Bitcoin if unforeseen times comes.

Our aim should be how to make our investment long-term, for long-term holding we are given ideas about different strategies. We will usually invest long-term so no bitcoins will be withdrawn from here (the original hold bitcoins) but deposited.

We have to make our investment decisions with external sources of income. If you are dependent on the original holding then your holding will not be long-term by any means. Here's why your holdings can be sold in the pursuit of scarcity (these discussions are important if you adopt the DCA strategy, you can get rid of all these hassles, and your investment will be long-term).

Those who have a physical source of income will be able to participate in the investment with additional money. Investing in the DCA approach helps to absorb all types of risk. Never think of selling holdings as it can ruin you. Avoid selling holdings and benefits.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Fuso.hp

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 25, 2024, 02:36:29 AM

Perhaps to be more in a saver side it will be of a great importance to have another separate funds rather than having only one strategy for buying the dip when we know how Bitcoin price movement behave at times and the possibility of falling drastically after moving uptrend is not certain so the best way to take advantage of any opportunities presented by the Bitcoin price is keeping some of your funds on DCA which will allow you to keep accumulating without thinking about if the Bitcoin price is high or not and before you realize you have already accumulated a lot of Bitcoin and the price of Bitcoin may still not be able to get to your targeted point to buy the dip , so perhaps even if you were not able to buy the dip since the price did not give you the opportunity perhaps your DCA has already cover you up.
When it comes to investing, if you are always just waiting for the opportunity, then sometimes you have to make the opportunity your own.  We always notice price changes but these changes are only at the will of an investor but we should not worry at all. It is understood by all that the lower the purchase, the higher the chance of profit, but always the market will not only go lower. 

Bitcoin is one of the most popular currencies and it has the highest value and popularity compared to other coins, so it is natural to invest in this coin usually at a higher price. If we are always waiting for the price to drop so much then when will we invest. 
When it comes to long-term investment in Bitcoin, investing at every level of value is the right decision for the investor. 

DCA method is discussed so that investors can invest at every level of value and DCA method is considered as a very effective method for investing. If the investor is serious about investing then he can invest in Bitcoin through DCA method besides forming a reserve fund.  Reserve fund can be used by the investor at the time when the investor does not have money to invest. If there is a reserve fund, the investment will be stronger and the investment can be continued with certainty and consistency.

I agree.

You are advised to invest as much as you can to avoid having to sell your investment unexpectedly or against your will. You can save some money along with the investment thinking that it might be necessary so that if you need extra money you don't have to sell your investment but you can use your savings to meet that need. After investing, forget that you have this amount of money because whenever you think that I have an investment that will support me in case of danger, you will never be able to hold your investment for a long time. If you invest less then no one will tell you why you invested less so divide the remaining money into two parts one part you invest and another part you save. If you invest in this way, I believe you will be able to keep the investment as per your plan and if there is an additional demand for money, you will be able to meet that demand from your savings.

Your 100% right bro.This forum has taught me so many things about hodling bitcoin for long term investment, including the DCA strategy to follow as an investor.Bitcoin is the best cyptrocurrency in terms of long term investment other than shitcoins,some investors that have the aim of making quick money invest on shitcoin and end up with regret,the reasons are
1.Shitcoin or memecoin has lot of report about scam cases.Many investors who invest on shitcoins end up being scammed by internet fraudsters.
2.Shitcoin aren't best for long term investment,so investor who invest their money on shitcoins bear the risk of loss because many shitcoin come into the cyptro space and are nowhere to be found.

Choosing the right coin is very important when it comes to long-term investment. Since planning is done for a long period of time, investing in any common coin for this long period of time has the potential of losing money, so it is not foolproof at all. Since there is Bitcoin to invest in, we don't need to look at any other coin. We should put our full trust and faith in Bitcoin as a long-term investment. By long-term investment, the coins that exist outside of Bitcoin may be fine for short-term investment or trading, but if you invest for a long-term purpose, it is definitely a good decision to invest in Bitcoin. The price of Bitcoin has come down to around $10,000. It is definitely a great opportunity for investors. Although one can always invest in Bitcoin in a long-term plan, since the price has come down a lot, investing with a relatively large amount of money at this time has a slightly higher chance of profit. Those who want to start investing can start investing now if they want and can gradually maintain their investment consistency as per DCA method.
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: