Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:59:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76173 times)
I_Anime

Activity: 364
Merit: 153

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 11:53:57 PM

And it's just like you're free to do whatever you want. You have money? you buy. And even if you have money but you don't buy, then buy some other day or just totally don't buy at all.

That's one of the beauty of DCA.
Yeah DCA strategies is Indeed exciting, to me I don't think there's much need to start speculating the price bitcoin going to it and all that. Because I've already know that Bitcoin gonna surge massively, but just as you guys said we know is gonna happen but we can't actually tell when is happening. So I have strong believe in Bitcoin, and all I care about is to accumulate some good quantities of Bitcoin Because am actually still far from my goal in accummulating Bitcoin. That why need to be patient by exercising long-term investment so that would be able to accumulate more bitcoin and yield good profits.
Forget about speculating the price in the present but what you're doing is preparing yourself in the future with a set price you think possibly Bitcoin gonna meet at that time.

It's no doubt that Bitcoin will surge soon at this cycle and it's not going to be continuously happening every cycle and there's a stopover after that. Those that have been doing DCA for a long time might get a window for selling at that point and that's the time they should take their profits.

While there are folks that are all talk and can't put money on their mouths, they're going to keep on speculating until they realize that it's all over and late for them.
yeah that's true. Base on my research about the previous halvings though haven't experienced anyone yet. But have done some research I found out that most time during Bitcoin halving bitcoin do undergo a certain dip(fir short-term), and after the halving alway experience a great surge in price. And most people may actually be thinking of purchasing bitcoin at that moment it experience the dip during the halving. And most of them may eventually endup missing out. And some may endup not accumulating more quantities of Bitcoin for the upcoming bullish run.

They don't actually know that those that have already embark the use of DCA strategies, and at the same the buying the dip would have more chances of a accumulating more bitcoin in their portfolio, Mostly with efficient and frequent DCAing. Because I don't see the need speculating when you are not ready to invest,  normal as you speculating at same time try accumulating. To be in a safer side.

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Taskford

Activity: 2520
Merit: 786

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 11:59:11 PM

And it's just like you're free to do whatever you want. You have money? you buy. And even if you have money but you don't buy, then buy some other day or just totally don't buy at all.

Yeah DCA strategies is Indeed exciting, to me I don't think there's much need to start speculating the price bitcoin going to it and all that. Because I've already know that Bitcoin gonna surge massively, but just as you guys said we know is gonna happen but we can't actually tell when is happening. So I have strong believe in Bitcoin, and all I care about is to accumulate some good quantities of Bitcoin Because am actually still far from my goal in accummulating Bitcoin. That why need to be patient by exercising long-term investment so that would be able to accumulate more bitcoin and yield good profits.
Forget about speculating the price in the present but what you're doing is preparing yourself in the future with a set price you think possibly Bitcoin gonna meet at that time.

It's no doubt that Bitcoin will surge soon at this cycle and it's not going to be continuously happening every cycle and there's a stopover after that.

While there are folks that are all talk and can't put money on their mouths, they're going to keep on speculating until they realize that it's all over and late for them.

Speculating on current price is actually for people who do daily trades and if they are planning to hodl then I guess much better they should avoid participating on any discussion like this since their decision making might be affected and they could done bad decision that can stop their plans and make them a loser in short span.

Bitcoin will surely surge soon that's why its really better for people to set up their DCA plans and stop doubting and start reacting so that no regrets will come on them if they see some good runs happening.

Expect other folks to only speculate since maybe they are not prepared yet and their knowledge is not enough that's why they can't decide for theirselves on what are best thing to do in some situations occur.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
I_Anime

Activity: 364
Merit: 153

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 12:11:41 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2024, 05:47:20 AM by I_Anime

It's no doubt that Bitcoin will surge soon at this cycle and it's not going to be continuously happening every cycle and there's a stopover after that.

Speculating on current price is actually for people who do daily trades and if they are planning to hodl then I guess much better they should avoid participating on any discussion like this since their decision making might be affected and they could done bad decision that can stop their plans and make them a loser in short span.

Bitcoin will surely surge soon that's why its really better for people to set up their DCA plans and stop doubting and start reacting so that no regrets will come on them if they see some good runs happening.

Expect other folks to only speculate since maybe they are not prepared yet and their knowledge is not enough that's why they can't decide for theirselves on what are best thing to do in some situations occur.
One of the beauty of investing in bitcoin and holding it (for long-term) . Is that you don't need much knowledge nor skills to start accumulating. To that of trading (because before thinking of trading there's alot knowledge required), But in holding you just need the basic knowledge then you can start your bitcoin accummulating Journey. Afterwards you can start learning way you could secure your asset and knowing the principal on how to secure and healthy Bitcoin investment.

michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 04:11:34 AM

One of the beauty of investing in bitcoin and holding it (for long-term) . Is that you don't need much knowledge nor skills to start accumulating. To that of trading (because before thinking of trading there's alot knowledge required), But in holding you just need the basic knowledge then you can start your bitcoin accummulating Journey. Afterwards you can start learning way you could secure your asset by using  non custodial wallet and knowing the principal on how to secure and healthy Bitcoin investment.
Investing in Bitcoin doesn't require as much knowledge and much skills as trading. If someone uses the DCA method to invest, he doesn't have to confuse it with the ups and downs of the price. He only needs to focus on the investment time to buy Bitcoin.

In trading, he needs to learn many things, including analysis of the market. Learning about trading will not stop because the market is always moving. That needs time before someone can familiarize with using the indicator, and he needs always to learn to improve his skills.

Using the DCA method, someone can accumulate his Bitcoin by buying Bitcoin at any price, and that can lower his average buying price. Learning about securing Bitcoin is important because that is the way he can save Bitcoin in the right wallet to be a safe place.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
Barikui1

Activity: 182
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 05:37:07 AM

One of the beauty of investing in bitcoin and holding it (for long-term) . Is that you don't need much knowledge nor skills to start accumulating. To that of trading (because before thinking of trading there's alot knowledge required), But in holding you just need the basic knowledge then you can start your bitcoin accummulating Journey. Afterwards you can start learning way you could secure your asset by using  non custodial wallet and knowing the principal on how to secure and healthy Bitcoin investment.
Investing in Bitcoin doesn't require as much knowledge and much skills as trading. If someone uses the DCA method to invest, he doesn't have to confuse it with the ups and downs of the price. He only needs to focus on the investment time to buy Bitcoin.

In trading, he needs to learn many things, including analysis of the market. Learning about trading will not stop because the market is always moving. That needs time before someone can familiarize with using the indicator, and he needs always to learn to improve his skills.

Using the DCA method, someone can accumulate his Bitcoin by buying Bitcoin at any price, and that can lower his average buying price. Learning about securing Bitcoin is important because that is the way he can save Bitcoin in the right wallet to be a safe place.
I totally agree with you on this, most investors don't know that it is actually paramount to put your security into consideration first before investing in any asset, expecially Bitcoin, you have to first of all think on how to preserve and protect it, before even acquiring it, so as not to run loss in one single act of ignorance.

ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 05:45:32 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), BITCOIN4X (1)

~~
I partially disagree with you that most of the bitcoins that would be out of circulation would be as a result of the demise of some holders of bitcoin. There are thousands of people holding bitcoin, and no one is foolish enough to think that he would not have any preparation for securing his bitcoin for his heirs to inherit. At least not in this era, so many solutions have been brought to harness this situation of losing funds after the death of someone. Many bitcoin wallets have been dormant but were later considered to be lost. Yet after ten years, we would see a transaction taking place in that wallet. How come? Maybe someone found out the lost or hidden key phrase.

In the future one main thing that will reduce circulation is mass adoption and holding long encouragement. Imagine if 25% of the global circulation buys bitcoin; there will not be enough to circulate if this set of people and the previous investors hold their coins for 10 years or more. There will be a very high demand for bitcoin but no one will accept to selK. This will cause to the increase in value.
It's up to you how you react to it, but I think some people forget or delay telling their family that they invested in Bitcoin and suddenly they died. then his family certainly couldn't access his btc if he didn't tell them his private wallet key. In this case, I saw several articles which stated that several large BTC holders had died, but I didn't know in detail that the BTC holders did not leave their private keys to their families. So, for that reason, let's just take the point that BTC circulation will disappear because of those who die or those who can't access their wallet because the private key is lost.

So what is the advantage of all of this?

One of the advantages is that the coins of all of the remaining holders become more valuable when fewer coins are available / accessible (lost).  Sure the disadvantage to the family or the potential heirs, but it is not necessarily obvious that the heirs deserved the BTC more than the overall bitcoin community.  Some people could purposefully die with their coins because they would like to overall give to the whole bitcoin community rather than giving their coins to a presumptive heir.  So there could be a question regarding whether the passing down of the coins to the whole bitcoin community was done on purpose or accidentally, but bitcoin does not care, because if those coins are not recoverable, then bitcoin has just become more scarce.

Of course, the smaller the circulation and the increased adoption or the more people who invest in Bitcoin, the more visible the opportunity is for a significant price jump. I hope you understand what I am clear about and that there are no stupid people in this developing era, but please know that sometimes it is their carelessness that loses their assets, such as storing the private key incorrectly.

Yep was it a mistake or on purpose, and since bitcoin cannot figure it out the difference, there is no recovery of the coins.

~~
If you spend, 10 to 20 to 30 years investing into bitcoin, and if you start out with bitcoin as your only investment, surely in the first 5-10 years there may be periods in which you might feel that you are not making progress, but then at some point you might start to feel that you have enough BTC,. and even if you are not quite at the level in which you are going to want to start to cash out some of your BTC, you might at least start to choose to invest into other things so that you feel less overexposed to bitcoin.

And mostly HOLDing through a period in which BTC prices go way up and way down takes a bit of commitment to the idea that it is just better to mostly be HOLDing.  You likely have to have systems in place that allow you to do such a thing, and there are quite a few bitcoiners who are similar to me, and some of them were on this forum complaining that they did not sell more during the peak.. so sometimes there can be some regrets about missing such BIG trade opportunities, but even if you sell, you could end up selling too soon and then also not really know how to play it.. when to buy back and how to buy back, so it surely can be difficult to get anywhere close to the top in terms of selling and to get anywhere near the bottom in terms of using those proceeds to buy back.... so sometimes there can be more comfort in terms of not even trying to play those kinds of games with your BTC, unless you are just using a small portion of your BTC to do that, but at the same time, if you have not reached your accumulation target, it makes even less sense to be selling if you feel that you don't yet have enough BTC.
Yes, as long as there is no urgent need, of course it is better to continue holding. Indeed, 30 years is a long time and perhaps no one knows our future fate.

If you get into bitcoin and you are in your early 20s, you may well already consider that your timeline might be able to be longer, but yeah if you come into bitcoin and you are already in your mid 40s you might consider that you might not want to have a timeline that is more than 20 years..

Of course there can be all kinds of variations, and even if you invest with a long timeline, you are not locked into the funds, so even if you might treat it as a retirement fund (or a fuck you status fund), but if you are able to achieve a level of financial wealth that allows you to start to withdraw from the funds and to have more options, then you will likely be grateful for that.. and if you are investing $10 per week and 1 year is $520 and 10 years is $5,200 and 30 years is $15,600, you may well not have a lot of funds?  We cannot know for sure if BTC might go up in value a lot after you invested in it or maybe it goes up while you are investing so you don't have as much of your value that experiences the compounding effects because you are investing such small amounts.

It seems that if you have reached satisfaction, there will be an option to cash out and maybe it will only be a small amount without having to sell everything. Personally, the bitcoin investment journey is like drinking coffee every day where I keep doing it to keep buying and holding it.

Of course you have total optionality to cash out as soon as you want, to and there are a lot of people who end up cashing out way too many bitcoin too soon and then they regret it later, and maybe you will become one of them.  It is your choice and you have to live with the consequences.. and sometimes BTC holder/accumulators cash out for some relatively small amount, and then the BTC shot up 20x and they could have cashed out 20x higher, but they did not have patience.. so that is their problem.. and sometimes it had even been like 200x or more higher that they could have had received, but they were happy with their profits and they cashed out.. yeah.. its their choice and they do not recognize and appreciate the mistake until later, but sometimes they recognize and appreciate the mistake, but they keep doing the same thing..
This should be an important thing for us and should also be our priority if the investment we make in Bitcoin is known to our family and one option is to trust them to access our wallet when we are dead. It's true that no one wants death, but it will happen and we don't know when it will happen. Of course, passing it on to the community is something only Satoshi can do and other people might find it difficult to do.

There is no recovery that can be done other than the coin disappearing from circulation. discussing this issue, of course Bitcoin could reach $500k if shortages continue to occur every year. it's not impossible but we need time to see it. My confidence is growing in all possible aspects that one day Bitcoin will become a very valuable asset compared to other investments.

Maybe you are right, I have to take advantage of the opportunity to enjoy the benefits that exist someday. Of course I need to give vent to my lust to buy an item that might be a dream for now. life is only a moment and yes I will definitely take advantage but maybe not for now. The way to implement long-term investments may vary, where some start with $10 or $30 from the start so that their target is quite far away, namely 30 years in the future.

That's a very good suggestion sir  Grin. Of course we want to have a Lambo that is synonymous with success if you look at the things published on social media lol

Apart from that, all the targets we want are success in the future and here we start and are ready to provide encouragement to beginners so that their enthusiasm grows to continue to Hold.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Rabata

Activity: 742
Merit: 170

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 06:07:46 AM

Agree with you In terms of bitcoin investment. We can consider DCA as a passive investment strategy. This strategy makes investing easier for those who want to accumulate bitcoins. Even if an investor does not have a depth knowledge of the market, by adopting this strategy the investor can successfully grow his investment.
By applying the strategy, an investor can accumulate bitcoins by reducing the average purchase price. Moreover, as buying opportunities are created at regular intervals, it is possible to reduce the volatility effect prevailing in the market to a large extent. Among investors who believe in the potential of Bitcoin for long term they are determined to collect their bitcoins through this strategy.

Hewlet

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 07:22:07 AM

Thier is nothing wrong if someone that's trading participate in this discussion. Isn't it possible that someone that was into trading and had been experiencing loses in the process might come through this conversation and have a rethink which will most likely make him shift to HOLDing his Bitcoin rather than doing a short term trading?

The whole essense of this discussion and the forum in general is basically to sharpen peoples perspective about making the right investment putting everything in the right perspective and I'm sure thier are lots of people that joined the discussion as traders but in the long run haven seen the advantages involved in accumulating for the long term have shifted Thier initial plan and are currently long term holders.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Justbillywitt

Activity: 224
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 08:24:25 AM

I am very happy to see that Bitcoin market is starting to grow day by day because I have invested in Bitcoin in 2023. I have full confidence in it because of which I have never been disappointed after investing. I know Bitcoin is a valuable asset. I am very proud to invest in Bitcoin.  I think I have bitcoins. So I haven't decided to sell these invested bitcoins yet. I thought I'll keep the invested bitcoins and think about selling them after a few years.
Hmm, pretty interesting, mate!
I am also joyous to watch the Bitcoin raising because every Bitcoin enthusiast has a dream like you that the price of Bitcoin should be raised in the same way until halving, and as soon as the halving is done, the price should enter an extra stepped bull run. Honestly, I will be crazy if Bitcoin crosses $100,000 at the end of the year. I have also invested in Bitcoin like you and I hope it will make me a millionaire next year. 

In the rest, brother, when Bitcoin crosses its $100,000, I will sell out 50% of my Bitcoin investment, make a profit book, and seek more investment opportunities to organize profit again. 

The rest of you express your opinion about whether it will be better to sell out your investment in the bull market or not. Share your opposition with us.
It depends on the goal you have set out for yourself to achieve when you started your investment journey. Some people have the ambition of holding for a circle or two  circles before selling their bitcoin. So it doesn't really matters what the price of bitcoin is at the up coming bull run I won't be selling my bitcoin. In the road map I have set out for myself in my bitcoin accumulation journey, I am still at the accumulation stage and I don't want to alter my road map by being distracted by the upcoming bull run. This will not be the last bull run many more will still happen in the future. So for me, while others will be selling in will be buying.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
fadhilz123

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 10:25:12 AM

One of the beauty of investing in bitcoin and holding it (for long-term) . Is that you don't need much knowledge nor skills to start accumulating. To that of trading (because before thinking of trading there's alot knowledge required), But in holding you just need the basic knowledge then you can start your bitcoin accummulating Journey. Afterwards you can start learning way you could secure your asset and knowing the principal on how to secure and healthy Bitcoin investment.
Every job like this always requires basic knowledge so that someone knows where to start, even though trading and investing have fundamentally different knowledge. However, for these two things, I think the knowledge to hold for long-term investment will be easier for everyone to carry out than the knowledge of trading which basically has to start by getting to know assets and also getting to know the market and market charts which often change. Meanwhile, someone who wants to invest in the long term only needs to know the best assets and believe in them and be willing to make the decision to invest better in assets like Bitcoin.

I totally agree with you on this, most investors don't know that it is actually paramount to put your security into consideration first before investing in any asset, expecially Bitcoin, you have to first of all think on how to preserve and protect it, before even acquiring it, so as not to run loss in one single act of ignorance.
Getting to know Bitcoin and learning how to secure it are two important things that must be studied simultaneously by everyone who wants to invest through Bitcoin after preparing other things such as capital and other basic knowledge. This means that the first two things should not be ignored by every investor because after knowing Bitcoin and believing in Bitcoin, it is appropriate for every investor to know how to secure it in their wallet for the long term so that it is not stolen by other people.
smelody

Activity: 86
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 11:35:44 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2024, 03:47:32 AM by smelody

Thier is nothing wrong if someone that's trading participate in this discussion. Isn't it possible that someone that was into trading and had been experiencing loses in the process might come through this conversation and have a rethink which will most likely make him shift to HOLDing his Bitcoin rather than doing a short term trading?
In this case I would ask to look at Bitcoin in a different way because of its historical results. Many intelligent investors follow the same approach. They followed basically DCA approach and at the end of the year were actually at lower prices if we calculate for 6 months then we see the average unit price as example: $44+$46+$45+$44+$48+$52=$279
Average unit price = $46.50.
Here Unit price become 5 categories DIP, middle and high but average price nearest of DIP. And this is the best strategy of DCA.
UchihaSarada

Activity: 434
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 12:07:55 PM

Halving is so close.
Even though our target is for long-term investment, we are of course waiting for the halving moment because it happens every 4 years. They would have made many achievements if they had invested early in Bitcoin because of every halving, of course they would have welcomed it with joy. The price issue is not something we want to talk about, but please know that this year's Bitcoin miners will get smaller rewards. from there, make the best possible use of the opportunity we have to keep buying and buying because there are only 21 million bitcoin. which will become increasingly rare because many are lost from circulation such as their owners passing away or they don't save their private key so they can't access their Btc holdings.
Obviously, experiencing each halving season, the scarcity of Bitcoin becomes more and more obvious, but many investors rarely pay attention to it, except for mining. I believe that this halving cycle will have a greater impact on the price of Bitcoin compared to previous periods when the demand for Bitcoin ETFs is increasing.
Currently, most Bitcoin purchases are through OTC, but imagine when the amount of OTC Bitcoin is no longer available, forcing them to go to exchanges to buy. If they cannot ensure the amount of Bitcoin reserves, their fund may have to stop, so they must continue to buy Bitcoin for reserves. Therefore, in the near future we may not see a huge impact on prices, but I believe there will come a time when Bitcoin prices will truly explode more than we can imagine as demand increases high meanwhile supply is increasingly scarce.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
nara1892

Activity: 1554
Merit: 654

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 01:47:35 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

.. even though surely some guys still seem to be looking for quick results, yet other guys seem to realize that it can take many years to build up a bitcoin portfolio, and we even have some members who have been in bitcoin at various lengths of time, and several of them are able to bring their own level of experience.. and even some of them might be saying that they have to start over because they either got caught up too much into shitcoins or that they had not been employing very consistent BTC accumulation practices.. .. and really, there should be no reason to get worried, even if you are just getting started in bitcoin accumulation in recent times.. and so in those kinds of cases, it might still take a while to learn that it is better to just get started rather than continuing to regret about earlier periods of either inaction or whimpy levels of BTC accumulation.
I may not care about quick results or quick profits because previously I had strengthened my mentality to invest in the long term or 10 years. Meanwhile, for those who determine their choice of direction in the near future, of course that is their decision, but I certainly won't do that. Of course some members are our seniors here, but apart from that, even though they are seniors, if the points they say are not constructive, we certainly won't take advice from them. So, for the most part, I think the arguments in this thread are quite useful and it depends on each person how they come to their conclusions.

I understand that everyone has freedom in terms of making decisions, one of which is in terms of the timeframe they will apply to their bitcoin accumulation involvement, but here and in this case as a whole I agree with you that as you say having a long-term planning and approach ranging from 5 - 15 years is a more recommended planning for building a portfolio. On the other hand everyone has a goal to make a profit as a result of their bitcoin accumulation involvement, they have a choice but for those who choose to build a quick plan or mean looking for quick results are those investors who are "too tempted".

Actually it doesn't need to be that fast because bitcoin is not going anywhere, as long as you are able to maintain the accumulation of bitcoin then you will get a share of the profit percentage and the longer you are there, the growth of bitcoin will increase which means your profits will increase, I think we already know about how bitcoin has developed since 2010 until now, many people now feel regret because previously they did not move quickly to take the opportunity even though they already knew about the existence of bitcoin which has the potential to be used as a path to a more lucrative financial situation in the future, one of the reasons maybe they are too busy with various reasons for procrastination which ends in regret.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 03:36:14 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Michael Saylor is in the news again with a new purchase of about 3,000 Bitcoins. Although he may have said something stupid that "Bitcoin doesn't need censorship-resistance", after two bull cycles he might be written in financial history books as one of the greatest prospectors like John D. Rockefeller when he invested heavily in the oil industry.

Follow what that man is doing from an investment viewpoint, Buy the DIP and HODL. We would be lucky to get bigger DIPs. Mean reversion is already happening, and around the current price might be where Bitcoin will be during the halving. Where will it be after the halving?

👀

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Tmoonz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 04:36:38 PM

Time does fly by fast, and there are some folks who end up dying before they are able to enjoy their fortunes, so there are a lot of personal trade offs, yet one really powerful thing about bitcoin does seem that it has had some abilities to move quite a few people (mostly the accumulators and HODLers) into a higher financial status than they would have had ever been able to achieve through various traditional investment methods, so in that regard, there is a lot of power in that kind of transfer of wealth, and even though the upside potential of bitcoin is likely reduced, it still retains a very strong investment thesis..
Yeah alot of folks endup losing their Bitcoin due to death and even due to misplacement of their security seed phrases

Some time i do feel really bad on seeing that most investors do loss their Bitcoin. I wonder how people will not have taken good security measures especially when it has to do with  with the world largest digital asset class Like Bitcoin, the loss can actually cause financial devastation, reducing supply and increasing demand and the value of the asset class such that those  that hodl onto their investment becomes a beneficiary. Hodling is a very vital tool that secures Bitcoin investment which could serve as retirement benefits or as a generational wealth.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Tmoonz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 05:00:00 PM

Michael Saylor is in the news again with a new purchase of about 3,000 Bitcoins. Although he may have said something stupid that "Bitcoin doesn't need censorship-resistance", after two bull cycles he might be written in financial history books as one of the greatest prospectors like John D. Rockefeller when he invested heavily in the oil industry.

Follow what that man is doing from an investment viewpoint, Buy the DIP and HODL. We would be lucky to get bigger DIPs. Mean reversion is already happening, and around the current price might be where Bitcoin will be during the halving. Where will it be after the halving?

👀

Bitcoin halving event are usually followed by a positive price increase as the result of the fact that halving lowers supply with fewer Bitcoin in circulation and increase demand and historically it has been so , there is a believe that Bitcoin will reach a new ATH six months after the halving. Although most time historical data can only become a quide and all crystal balls can become cloudy meaning that what happened in the past may or may not happen in the future.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Justbillywitt

Activity: 224
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 05:21:16 PM

Time does fly by fast, and there are some folks who end up dying before they are able to enjoy their fortunes, so there are a lot of personal trade offs, yet one really powerful thing about bitcoin does seem that it has had some abilities to move quite a few people (mostly the accumulators and HODLers) into a higher financial status than they would have had ever been able to achieve through various traditional investment methods, so in that regard, there is a lot of power in that kind of transfer of wealth, and even though the upside potential of bitcoin is likely reduced, it still retains a very strong investment thesis..
Yeah alot of folks endup losing their Bitcoin due to death and even due to misplacement of their security seed phrase. Before they even had the chance to feed from their fruit of their labour. Indeed bitcoin still remains a strong investment, I stumbled upon a post days back Here in this forum. A higher rank user posted a post about comparing the profit you would made from investing $1000 10 years ago in either Gold, real estate and Bitcoin. Well at first stated that due to Gold recent value if one invested $1k 10 yrs back he or she would endup around making 2× their invested funds  that means their portfolio might be around 2000 USD. While those that consider real estate would might made a max. Of 10× to 15× in the last 10 years depending on their location and all that. But those that invested with $1k  in Bitcoin 10 yrs ago may endup making about 350× profits.

You can see the massive different of Bitcoin from others investment. To me bitcoin is one of the best investment (if not the best) because bitcoin as indeed change alot of people lives for the better, ( expecially the accumutors and holders just as sir JJG said.) Though most of us wasn't among those set of people then. But now still the time forus to be among those Bitcoin gonna change their lives for the better too. I know other invest are nice and all that but I would advise to focus on mainly on accumulating bitcoin first till you reach a certain state before thinking of diversifying. And please if  i have said anything wrong in any chances please do so in correcting me.
Bitcoin is quite unique and still has so much potential in it. I stand to be corrected if I say we haven't really seen all there is in bitcoin. Bitcoin is limited in supply, where as good and real estate are not. This is why bitcoin will continue to give better ROI compared to the other investments you mentioned. With each passing day more and more people are coming into bitcoin investment. Those who invested $1k 10 years ago, have made their own profit and that's not important anymore. What's important now is making our own investment now and see what happens with the investment in 10 years time. We should be part of those who will among those who will say am grateful I invested in bitcoin in 10 years to come.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 05:22:00 PM

The forum has rules around courtesy and attempting to stay on topic in the thread.

There are other threads that discuss trading.

Many times other topics can be related in a thread, but there should still be attempts to stay on topic, even if sometimes there might be other topics that come up that might relate to the main thread topic.

The whole essense of this discussion and the forum in general is basically to sharpen peoples perspective about making the right investment putting everything in the right perspective and I'm sure thier are lots of people that joined the discussion as traders but in the long run haven seen the advantages involved in accumulating for the long term have shifted Thier initial plan and are currently long term holders.

Every thread is still not the same, even if there might be forum goals that members improve themselves, the goals of improving yourself may well be to stay the fuck on topic.. that helps you and it helps other members.

This thread does have a little bit of a problem because surely it emphasizes buying and holding, but also buying on the dip, so as soon as we try to time the dip, then there can be questions about whether that is like trading, so maybe part of the reason that DCA comes so much into this thread, even though it is not the topic of the thread, is because DCA is compared with buying on the dip as one of the accumulation methods, including suggesting that DCA is better than buying on the dip, even though not everyone is going to agree, it is way more on topic to talk about various BTC accumulation methods than to get into discussions of trading.. and then what would you expect this thread to be?  all topics? 

Probably the ONLY thread on the forum that permits more free-wheeling of topics is the Wall Observer thread... in that thread you can talk about most things.. except if you get into shitcoin pumping, then you are likely going to get a lot of pushback.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 06:12:06 PM

-snip-
Bitcoin is quite unique and still has so much potential in it. I stand to be corrected if I say we haven't really seen all there is in bitcoin. Bitcoin is limited in supply, where as good and real estate are not. This is why bitcoin will continue to give better ROI compared to the other investments you mentioned. With each passing day more and more people are coming into bitcoin investment. Those who invested $1k 10 years ago, have made their own profit and that's not important anymore. What's important now is making our own investment now and see what happens with the investment in 10 years time. We should be part of those who will among those who will say am grateful I invested in bitcoin in 10 years to come.
Because bitcoin has different innovations compared to fiat, its potential use can still be obtained and developed. Increasing adoption has a positive impact on people's trust in it, of course not only the community, the government is also very eager to take advantage of it.

Bitcoin's long-term potential is still very reasonable to expect, but you should not ignore the many risks involved. If you invest because other people are profiting from bitcoin, you are forgetting one thing; Bitcoin is a risky investment if you have no knowledge about it. I don't want someone asking me to invest on their behalf, I tend to give them the advice to learn on their own and start on their own at their own risk.

Becoming a holder for a period of 10 years is not mandatory for you at all. If you are able to survive that period of time then I hope your psychology will be fine when you see a new ATH in a few years, and let it pass without you taking advantage of it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 08:47:38 PM

yeah that's true. Base on my research about the previous halvings though haven't experienced anyone yet. But have done some research I found out that most time during Bitcoin halving bitcoin do undergo a certain dip(fir short-term), and after the halving alway experience a great surge in price. And most people may actually be thinking of purchasing bitcoin at that moment it experience the dip during the halving. And most of them may eventually endup missing out. And some may endup not accumulating more quantities of Bitcoin for the upcoming bullish run.

They don't actually know that those that have already embark the use of DCA strategies, and at the same the buying the dip would have more chances of a accumulating more bitcoin in their portfolio, Mostly with efficient and frequent DCAing.
But it seems different this time. Before we even touch halving, we've been seeing the pump that much and that's actually a good sign that this bull run might be better than the last one.

Last year when Bitcoin was under $30k, that was the great time for everyone to accumulate but it's still possible since we haven't peaked yet.

Because I don't see the need speculating when you are not ready to invest,  normal as you speculating at same time try accumulating. To be in a safer side.
It's just for the sake of being curious and wanting to get into discussions about these prices. It's always been interesting if it's about that topic.

It's okay to participate to discussions but if it's for your sake and you're not really into it, you just read the thoughts and comments that might have some good things to pick.
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: