Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:28:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76322 times)
nara1892

Activity: 1554
Merit: 654

View Profile
February 24, 2024, 09:02:04 PM

DCA is a very good method for a high volatile asset like bitcoin, and not only that DCA also is a good method for new investors that have little experience with bitcoin, all you have to do is just split you capital into equal parts and invest on intervals, its very stress free and it doesn't involve and technical or analytical skill to acquire bitcoin.

It has nothing to do with beign rich or poor, using DCA does not mean that you don't have huge capital to buy at once, many chose it cause its the best  approach to volatile assets, not every have the leverage of having huge capital so they have to use the DCA by allocating some percentage of their disposable cash either from expense or just extra cash to buy bitcoin.

True, I agree with your statement, with the DCA now everyone can be involved in bitcoin accumulation, whoever you are, especially for beginners who don't really know about the world of investment, this is no different from saving usually but maybe the difference is that you put money in bitcoin where there is an opportunity for your money to increase in terms of amount or value. But on the other hand, you still at least have to know about the possible risks that will be the basis of your caution and vigilance in carrying out the accumulation plan. As you said, they just have to divide the amount of money evenly and allocate it within a certain period of time according to what they think is the right time, whether it's once a week or once a month. But on the other hand my advice is that you should really make sure that you have a pretty good income and have never experienced any problems in terms of financing living needs, or simply put, you need to identify your finances, try to prioritize your living expenses first and after that is guaranteed then you can allocate some of your money to bitcoin accumulation according to the plan you have made.

Yes as I said above that DCA makes it easier for all people to get involved in bitcoin investment, the point is that if you have a fairly balanced income in your real life and have a remaining budget that is not too used then obviously you can allocate it to accumulation, and my last advice is to try to divide your budget in three places, namely for living needs, for bitcoin allocation and also for emergency funds, because emergency funds are very important for urgent things that we never know before. DCA does not look at how rich you are, certainly when you have some money left over from other needs (regardless of the amount) then you can get involved by applying consistency to the accumulation activity, there is no compulsion and this is only for those who really feel capable.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
February 24, 2024, 09:16:05 PM

Targeting big profits in investments is normal and many of us want to achieve big profits someday. The twists and turns of our investment journey certainly have many obstacles and that is a struggle that we must go through to achieve success in Bitcoin investment. I also want to change my fate to live more frugally in order to be able to accumulate bitcoin more aggressively this year.

When I got started in bitcoin, I had projected out a 6% return per year, and surely it took more than 3 years before BTC prices were higher than my 6% per year projection.. because the BTC price corrected, and it took more than 3 years to get back to where I initially projected where the BTC price might be in 3 years... so I was largely wrong in my projection, but that meant that I accumulated way more bitcoin than I thought that I was going to be able to accumulate, and so even after the three years the BTC price ended up going up nearly another 15x and then correcting back down to something like 3x above my projected price point...

so one thing that could end up happening  is that the price goes up, and then you hope that the price goes up after you had been spending time accumulating, but even if it does not, if you still have confidence in the investment, you should still be ongoingly, persistently and consistently accumulating.. in order to help you towards accumulating more BTC..

and part of the reason that you do it ongoingly, persistently and consistently is because you do not know where the price is going to go.. or how long it might take to get there, but if you have a 4-10 year or longer investment time horizon, then you could still make progress, and surely if a price rise had not come in 4 years, then maybe you would keep buying and your time horizon continues to move out from each of your buys... and if your time gets shorter than 4 years, then maybe you stop buying or in some other way adjust your buying amounts downwardly in order to account for the fact that you no longer have a 4-year or longer investment time horizon.

Halving is so close.
Even though our target is for long-term investment, we are of course waiting for the halving moment because it happens every 4 years. They would have made many achievements if they had invested early in Bitcoin because of every halving, of course they would have welcomed it with joy. The price issue is not something we want to talk about, but please know that this year's Bitcoin miners will get smaller rewards. from there, make the best possible use of the opportunity we have to keep buying and buying because there are only 21 million bitcoin. which will become increasingly rare because many are lost from circulation such as their owners passing away or they don't save their private key so they can't access their Btc holdings.

I agree.  The halvening is a technological marvel.   And the fact that there are only 21 million BTC is a technological marvel, and we know that inevitably a lot of folks are losing access to their coins and are going to continue to lose access to their coins.. whether it is death and lack of properly passing them down or other ways that people lose their coins and the coins are gone forever into a donation towards everyone else who continue to hold coins.
That's a good journey from the investment you have made where price rises and falls are not an obstacle for you to hold BTC in the long term. For those of me who are still too early in long-term investment, I will apply each stage to continue buying Bitcoin. I will probably measure the average entry when I reach my target in long-term investment, maybe in the next 10 years. Indeed, at the moment I am a little lucky if I look at my initial period because I bought at a price below $20k when Bitcoin fell significantly in the previous year, which would have been a very beautiful moment for me. When my long-term journey is finished, maybe I will still win Bitcoin because Bitcoin will have quite fantastic value in the next 30 years. It doesn't seem impossible to say that Bitcoin has more promising returns for long-term investment.

The situation in our environment will have a strange impact when we suddenly have great wealth because the investment we make in Bitcoin will never be known by the people in the circle where we live. Well, as you said, of course it is true that many Bitcoins will disappear from circulation because their owners die. I imagine that in the next 30 years Bitcoin circulation will certainly become thinner due to many reasons. Even though that is my assumption, for now it is true that if they don't pass on the private key to their family then there is no way for their family to own their BTC.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Dailyscript

Activity: 154
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 02:11:29 AM

Targeting big profits in investments is normal and many of us want to achieve big profits someday. The twists and turns of our investment journey certainly have many obstacles and that is a struggle that we must go through to achieve success in Bitcoin investment. I also want to change my fate to live more frugally in order to be able to accumulate bitcoin more aggressively this year.

When I got started in bitcoin, I had projected out a 6% return per year, and surely it took more than 3 years before BTC prices were higher than my 6% per year projection.. because the BTC price corrected, and it took more than 3 years to get back to where I initially projected where the BTC price might be in 3 years... so I was largely wrong in my projection, but that meant that I accumulated way more bitcoin than I thought that I was going to be able to accumulate, and so even after the three years the BTC price ended up going up nearly another 15x and then correcting back down to something like 3x above my projected price point...

so one thing that could end up happening  is that the price goes up, and then you hope that the price goes up after you had been spending time accumulating, but even if it does not, if you still have confidence in the investment, you should still be ongoingly, persistently and consistently accumulating.. in order to help you towards accumulating more BTC..

and part of the reason that you do it ongoingly, persistently and consistently is because you do not know where the price is going to go.. or how long it might take to get there, but if you have a 4-10 year or longer investment time horizon, then you could still make progress, and surely if a price rise had not come in 4 years, then maybe you would keep buying and your time horizon continues to move out from each of your buys... and if your time gets shorter than 4 years, then maybe you stop buying or in some other way adjust your buying amounts downwardly in order to account for the fact that you no longer have a 4-year or longer investment time horizon.

Halving is so close.
Even though our target is for long-term investment, we are of course waiting for the halving moment because it happens every 4 years. They would have made many achievements if they had invested early in Bitcoin because of every halving, of course they would have welcomed it with joy. The price issue is not something we want to talk about, but please know that this year's Bitcoin miners will get smaller rewards. from there, make the best possible use of the opportunity we have to keep buying and buying because there are only 21 million bitcoin. which will become increasingly rare because many are lost from circulation such as their owners passing away or they don't save their private key so they can't access their Btc holdings.

I agree.  The halvening is a technological marvel.   And the fact that there are only 21 million BTC is a technological marvel, and we know that inevitably a lot of folks are losing access to their coins and are going to continue to lose access to their coins.. whether it is death and lack of properly passing them down or other ways that people lose their coins and the coins are gone forever into a donation towards everyone else who continue to hold coins.
The situation in our environment will have a strange impact when we suddenly have great wealth because the investment we make in Bitcoin will never be known by the people in the circle where we live. Well, as you said, of course it is true that many Bitcoins will disappear from circulation because their owners die. I imagine that in the next 30 years Bitcoin circulation will certainly become thinner due to many reasons. Even though that is my assumption, for now it is true that if they don't pass on the private key to their family then there is no way for their family to own their BTC.
I partially disagree with you that most of the bitcoins that would be out of circulation would be as a result of the demise of some holders of bitcoin. There are thousands of people holding bitcoin, and no one is foolish enough to think that he would not have any preparation for securing his bitcoin for his heirs to inherit. At least not in this era, so many solutions have been brought to harness this situation of losing funds after the death of someone. Many bitcoin wallets have been dormant but were later considered to be lost. Yet after ten years, we would see a transaction taking place in that wallet. How come? Maybe someone found out the lost or hidden key phrase.

In the future one main thing that will reduce circulation is mass adoption and holding long encouragement. Imagine if 25% of the global circulation buys bitcoin; there will not be enough to circulate if this set of people and the previous investors hold their coins for 10 years or more. There will be a very high demand for bitcoin but no one will accept to selK. This will cause to the increase in value.

Moreno233

Activity: 308
Merit: 180

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 05:01:58 AM

I partially disagree with you that most of the bitcoins that would be out of circulation would be as a result of the demise of some holders of bitcoin. There are thousands of people holding bitcoin, and no one is foolish enough to think that he would not have any preparation for securing his bitcoin for his heirs to inherit. At least not in this era, so many solutions have been brought to harness this situation of losing funds after the death of someone. Many bitcoin wallets have been dormant but were later considered to be lost. Yet after ten years, we would see a transaction taking place in that wallet. How come? Maybe someone found out the lost or hidden key phrase.

In the future one main thing that will reduce circulation is mass adoption and holding long encouragement. Imagine if 25% of the global circulation buys bitcoin; there will not be enough to circulate if this set of people and the previous investors hold their coins for 10 years or more. There will be a very high demand for bitcoin but no one will accept to selK. This will cause to the increase in value.
He is actually right, you just have to think about it again. Not many people have made plans about their BTC as per how to hand them over to their loved ones or how they will be used when they are gone. Discussions of doing this have been ongoing in many forums I belong to where BTC is discussed but I do no see any generally accepted way of doing this, just different suggestions and theories, leaving everyone to chose what is best for them. As expected, each of the suggestion have their merits and demerits

If I asked you now what is your plans about your BTC when you will be gone, I doubt you will be able to give me an explicit answer, therein lies the problem, the reason I support the statement you are trying to refute. Another simple example is the case of Satoshi who we are not sure if he is alive or not and if he is not, it is not clear if he gave his keys to anyone. There could be several of such cases that are not revealed but that does not mean that it does not happen, people will continue to die and just like treasures that people hunt, BTC might just be lost because of their owners not giving their keys to anyone before they die.

Gallar

Activity: 602
Merit: 291

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 05:24:56 AM

And this is the function of running a DCA strategy because the price of Bitcoin is not easy to predict in the near future, but in the long term the price of Bitcoin will rise even if there is a decline.
We may be able to speculate the price of it but if it's about predicting it properly and accurately, one thing we can say is that it's always been unpredictable.
Basically, no one can accurately predict the price of bitcoin. Because Bitcoin is an investment asset/payment tool that is bought and sold by enthusiasts/investors. Therefore, the price of bitcoin cannot be predicted with 100% accuracy. Because basically everything is related to the psychology or habits of bitcoin investors themselves. So when we predict the price of Bitcoin, for example in the context of the habits of bitcoin investors. Examples like this

"Oh, usually after the halving cycle, the price of bitcoin always experiences a very high increase and sometimes bitcoin reaches a new ATH."

Or if predicted through the psychology of bitcoin investors. For example

"Wow, there is new news, reportedly Elon will buy a lot of bitcoin at the end of this year. So the price of bitcoin will definitely experience a big increase.”

So these two examples are an illustration of bitcoin predictions from the habits and psychology of bitcoin investors. But what I will conclude here, are these two examples always 100% correct or not? Personally, I don't think that's always true. Because if you refer to the first example when the bitcoin halving occurred, it is true that until now after that there has always been a very high increase in the price of bitcoin. But that is in the context of all bitcoin investors being in good financial condition. But what if the majority of bitcoin investors during the bitcoin halving experience financial problems, resulting in not many investing in bitcoin. If this happens, it is very likely that the price of bitcoin will not rise, but will actually fall.

Then if we refer to the second example, regarding the psychology of bitcoin investors who heard the news that Elon would buy large amounts of bitcoin. In this context it is even worse than the first context (habit). Because in a psychological context what is expected from bitcoin investors is individuals. So basically the possibility of this happening is not very big.

For this reason, the price of bitcoin cannot be predicted with certainty. And why DCA would be great to use in this situation.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
coinlary

Activity: 44
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 09:58:21 AM

The DCA strategy is not mainly for the poor or people with insufficient funds; the DCA strategy is for both the poor and rich guys.

Dude! that seem a little bit controversial, you could have use the word "no class" instead  but the point was made though.

Yeah you might quite disagree but you should understand  that those demised are also holders which will definitely  be holding forever so in one way they will still contribute  to the scarcity.

When a wallet seem dormant on Exch. Wal. what do you expect a free give out or lock out ...... and you should know that people don't make plans like that because of trust issue in human nature  until last  minutes , it good to make plans generally maybe behind their back  but exposing it to them sooner how are you sure they won't fuck it up early??and that why lost wallets kept on increasing  over the years.
Nothing  is easy but it's good to make plan though!

coinlary

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 10:11:38 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2024, 03:32:58 PM by coinlary

DCA can be a valuable strategy for investors looking to build wealth with Bitcoin or other volatile assets regardless of their level of experience or the size of their capital. Its a simple yet effective approach that aligns with the principles of disciplined, long-term investing. DCA encourages a long term perspective on investing.This can be particularly beneficial for new investors who may be intimidated by market volatility.Instead of needing a large lump sum to invest individuals can start with smaller amounts and gradually build their position over time. DCA helps mitigate the risk of investing a large sum of money at an inopportune time.
Yeah it's true but  did you really went through my comment Roll Eyes
Negotiation

Activity: 1036
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2024, 11:03:39 AM

If you are under 50. Buying btc monthly for 10 years and hodl it for 5 more.

Then at 65 it should help a lot for your retirement.

You cn have a 5x monthly dip buy.  Ie if you save 400 a month dca. and BTC does a 20% dip buy 2000 in btc.

you likely will save 120 x 400 usd with the dca and catch a few dip buys.

so maybe

120 x 400 =  48,000 usd in dca
 10 x 2000 = 20,000 usd in dip buys
grand total of 68,000 usd invested in a 10 year period then hodl 5 years this is a 15 year plan for people under 50

this is not advice.

If someone can use the suggestions given by you correctly then hopefully only 10 years is enough time for his life to change. But most people don't want to be a consistent investment here, they sell them when the bitcoin price goes up, they are far from long term planning. I agree with you that every success requires a long term plan that should be consistently worked out be it investment or income from elsewhere. But I've seen very few people do them and apply them in their lives.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7768

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2024, 03:41:05 PM

You cn have a 5x monthly dip buy.  Ie if you save 400 a month dca. and BTC does a 20% dip buy 2000 in btc.

so maybe

grand total of 68,000 usd invested in a 10 year period then hodl 5 years this is a 15 year plan for people under 50

this is not advice.

If someone can use the suggestions given by you correctly then hopefully only 10 years is enough time for his life to change. But most people don't want to be a consistent investment here, they sell them when the bitcoin price goes up, they are far from long term planning. I agree with you that every success requires a long term plan that should be consistently worked out be it investment or income from elsewhere. But I've seen very few people do them and apply them in their lives.

I am older 67 so a 15 year plan has very little attraction to me.

I have earned maybe 250,000 usd since 2011 via mining and gear sales. Maybe 300,000

I spent as I earned because my other incomes were not high. So constant savings of coins did not become my goal.

If I had hodled more and spent less I would be better off.

But I also lived life got a new car every few years
went to nice restaurants.
and enjoyed time with my wife.

I have coin
I have gear
I am getting a new car in May

But if I had held the cars longer did less restaurants.

I would have more coins 🪙.

Its always a tough call when you are older on what to spend vs hold.

The younger you are hodl hodl hodl hodl is far more important .

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
coinlary

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 03:44:47 PM

Maybe but you need to enjoy it while you still have the ability to do that   Smiley
This is a bold one, really motivated me
I_Anime

Activity: 364
Merit: 153

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 03:57:01 PM

so maybe

this is not advice.

I am older 67 so a 15 year plan has very little attraction to me.

I have earned maybe 250,000 usd since 2011 via mining and gear sales. Maybe 300,000

I spent as I earned because my other incomes were not high. So constant savings of coins did not become my goal.

If I had hodled more and spent less I would be better off.

went to nice restaurants.
and enjoyed time with my wife.

I have coin
I have gear
I am getting a new car in May

Its always a tough call when you are older on what to spend vs hold.

Wow amazing, All those spendings you where still able to stash this much, just imagine you spent less. Damn  It would have been boom ( like you would have had alot of coins more than your recent). You are right at such age it would be tough call on what to spend or hold. But still with such stash , During the next bull run. Of  bitcoin hitting it new ATH reaching the price range of 100k+ You would definitely endup with massive profits. What you just said has just made me to see more beauty  of holding Bitcoin for long-term investment and has same time inspired me in my accumulating more.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 04:38:10 PM

[edited out]
Sir I love your plan but I am not only holding for retirement, I'm quite young just under 20 and still earning not quite a lot, my plan is to hold for 20 years and get up to as much as 8 bitcoin in my stash, I know its quite small but as my income increases I'll increase my target, but why I see myself still beign on track, who knows the price bitcoin would be 20 years from now, 8 bitcoin could be a whole fortune, I'm still I  my early stages of accumulation by the way and right now my emergency funds and reserves are quite the priority, luck me I don't have much expense on me, my parents still take care of quite a lot, so I use this opportunity to give myself a future in bitcoin.

Thanks for giving us such a candid advice 😊nice having you here

Of course, we do not know the future with any kind of precision, but in 20 years, it is quite possible that anyone trying to reach entry-level fuck you status, would ONLY need  less than 2 BTC.. .. actually 1.672 BTC to be more precise - and so if you are aiming for 8 BTC, then you likely would be nearly 5x more bitcoin than needed to be at entry-level fuck you status.

I think that my main point is that you likely do not need as many BTC as you believe, but surely it does not hurt to accumulate extra because we cannot really know about future projections, yet if the future projections play out in terms of BTC price performance and in terms of your ability to accumulate BTC, at some point the paths should end up crossing, and it would be nice for the paths to cross earlier rather than later, but we do have to attempt to prepare ourselves for a variety of possible scenarios, so it likely does not hurt to overly prepare and then end up arriving sooner than expected, so long as we do not end up blowing up our own situation through some kind of devolution into gambling strategies rather than investing strategies.

Another thing that if your goal is to accumulate more than 8 BTC in 20 years, that is surely quite ambitious... but it is not impossible.. yet I would imagine that you would need to get up to being able to invest $500 or more per week, and that still might not get you up to 8 BTC in 20 years, and yeah if you are not yet up to those kinds of levels, you would be figuring out ways to work yourself up to those kinds of levels... and it would be difficult to consistently invest such high levels - though not impossible if someone already has a decent income and/or low expenses, but even if someone is living with their parents, they might not allow you to live rent-free for a long period of time, especialloy if they were to be able to figure out that you were investing $500 per week or more into bitcoin.

[edited out]
That's a good journey from the investment you have made where price rises and falls are not an obstacle for you to hold BTC in the long term. For those of me who are still too early in long-term investment, I will apply each stage to continue buying Bitcoin. I will probably measure the average entry when I reach my target in long-term investment, maybe in the next 10 years. Indeed, at the moment I am a little lucky if I look at my initial period because I bought at a price below $20k when Bitcoin fell significantly in the previous year, which would have been a very beautiful moment for me. When my long-term journey is finished, maybe I will still win Bitcoin because Bitcoin will have quite fantastic value in the next 30 years. It doesn't seem impossible to say that Bitcoin has more promising returns for long-term investment.

If you spend, 10 to 20 to 30 years investing into bitcoin, and if you start out with bitcoin as your only investment, surely in the first 5-10 years there may be periods in which you might feel that you are not making progress, but then at some point you might start to feel that you have enough BTC,. and even if you are not quite at the level in which you are going to want to start to cash out some of your BTC, you might at least start to choose to invest into other things so that you feel less overexposed to bitcoin.

And mostly HOLDing through a period in which BTC prices go way up and way down takes a bit of commitment to the idea that it is just better to mostly be HOLDing.  You likely have to have systems in place that allow you to do such a thing, and there are quite a few bitcoiners who are similar to me, and some of them were on this forum complaining that they did not sell more during the peak.. so sometimes there can be some regrets about missing such BIG trade opportunities, but even if you sell, you could end up selling too soon and then also not really know how to play it.. when to buy back and how to buy back, so it surely can be difficult to get anywhere close to the top in terms of selling and to get anywhere near the bottom in terms of using those proceeds to buy back.... so sometimes there can be more comfort in terms of not even trying to play those kinds of games with your BTC, unless you are just using a small portion of your BTC to do that, but at the same time, if you have not reached your accumulation target, it makes even less sense to be selling if you feel that you don't yet have enough BTC.

Yeah you might quite disagree but you should understand  that those demised are also holders which will definitely  be holding forever so in one way they will still contribute  to the scarcity.

When a wallet seem dormant on Exch. Wal. what do you expect a free give out or lock out ...... and you should know that people don't make plans like that because of trust issue in human nature  until last  minutes , it good to make plans generally maybe behind their back  but exposing it to them sooner how are you sure they won't fuck it up early??and that why lost wallets kept on increasing  over the years.
Nothing  is easy but it's good to make plan though!

The whole matter of death is tricky.. because perhaps you would like to pass your BTC on to some heirs at the time of your death, but you do not want them to have access prior to your death. 

So if you have such a preference to pass on your bitcoin, then you have to make sure that you leave sufficiently clear instructions, and at the same time, if some of the instructions are not clear and if some of the details (about how to access your coins - and to show where they are at) might change, so you have to update your instructions.. but at the same time make sure no one can get your instructions prior to your death.. since maybe you might fear the wrong person finding your instructions if those are instructions are too clear, then the wrong person can get your coins, either before or after you die.

I doubt the solutions are even as clear as some folks would like to believe them to be, and sometimes people are not even clear about who they might want to have their coins.. it is not an obvious answer to everyone and the answer may well change over time, even if someone is able to answer one way at time one, they might have changes in their opinion, so they might be reluctant to even lock into their intentions, and presuming that they will have time to figure that out later.. which we know that there are quite a few times that death comes quickly rather than letting you know that it is on its way.. and even when it let's you know, there are some folks who are in denial about their death and/or demise all the way to the end.

Of course new cars are quite a depreciating asset, they are very expensive to have and maintain, but at the same time, they frequently can have quite a bit of utility value and just convenience.

No one can really tell anyone else about whether it is better to invest more and consume less or maybe to do the opposite, consume more and invest less, and sometimes we might not know the ramifications of our investment/consumption levels until much down the road, and there is quite a bit of value in having options down the road so that we might have the option to not have to work or to choose the kind of work that we do.

Time does fly by fast, and there are some folks who end up dying before they are able to enjoy their fortunes, so there are a lot of personal trade offs, yet one really powerful thing about bitcoin does seem that it has had some abilities to move quite a few people (mostly the accumulators and HODLers) into a higher financial status than they would have had ever been able to achieve through various traditional investment methods, so in that regard, there is a lot of power in that kind of transfer of wealth, and even though the upside potential of bitcoin is likely reduced, it still retains a very strong investment thesis..

whether anyone is young, middle aged or old, and yeah of course, frequently we talk about having at least a 4-10 year investment timeline or longer, so there sometimes can be questions regarding anyone who starts to get into their 60s in regards to if they might be able to continue to consider themselves as having at least a 4 year investment timeline, and that may well have to do with the level of their health and if they might have other sources of income in which they are able to draw that would mean that they could allow their investment in bitcoin to ride for at least 4 years but surely better to have longer time than 4 years, especially if anyone is DCA investing for 4-10 years or longer, then each time they buy more BTC, they would need to justify having at least a 4 year timeline from each new purchase in order to be long term investing rather than trading, gambling and/or playing the price waves that may or may not end up working out and usually not good for older people to be playing with their retirement funds like that.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Justbillywitt

Activity: 224
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 05:03:07 PM

And this is the function of running a DCA strategy because the price of Bitcoin is not easy to predict in the near future, but in the long term the price of Bitcoin will rise even if there is a decline.
We may be able to speculate the price of it but if it's about predicting it properly and accurately, one thing we can say is that it's always been unpredictable.
From what I've seen over the past few years, the people who guessed correctly were pretty much right. Although it is not possible to accurately predict the price of Bitcoin, some estimates are fairly reliable. Bitcoin investors gain confidence in investing around speculation.
Speculation is not what should give newbies confident to invest, rather they should first have the believe in bitcoin, so that they can invest in a long term with confidence. Speculations might be right or wrong, and what people say about bitcoin price should not be taken serious. Speculations on bitcoin price has mislead some people in the sense that, they start waiting for the dip to buy at a bottom price of their own target, and most times it ends up up playing out and the will miss out, still sitting on the fence believing that the price will certain come true due to what they hear.

Speculations can also give false hope to newbies, that will make them think that bitcoin is a get rich quick scheme, and they will use the money for an important aspect of their lives to buy bitcoin believing in what people told them or what they hear on T.V, and if bitcoin price did not play out that way as speculated, they will get disappointed, and sell of in loss. I am not saying that to speculate is bad, but we shouldn't put that in mind when investing, rather we should see bitcoin as a sound investment that will safe our money from inflation in the long run and also give us good profit in return as a benefit of hodli for long.

so maybe

this is not advice.

Sir I love your plan but I am not only holding for retirement, I'm quite young just under 20 and still earning not quite a lot, my plan is to hold for 20 years and get up to as much as 8 bitcoin in my stash, I know its quite small but as my income increases I'll increase my target, but why I see myself still beign on track, who knows the price bitcoin would be 20 years from now, 8 bitcoin could be a whole fortune, I'm still I  my early stages of accumulation by the way and right now my emergency funds and reserves are quite the priority, luck me I don't have much expense on me, my parents still take care of quite a lot, so I use this opportunity to give myself a future in bitcoin.

You are quite fortunate to still have your parents taking care of most expenses in your life at this stage of your life. And I love the fact that you have not taken this for granted and spend the money you get recklessly on other things. Not many kids will think the way you are thinking by investing in bitcoin. Not many people have that kind of opportunity as you do. My advise is that you should utilize this opportunity and gather as much bitcoin as you can, before you know it you will be proud of your bitcoin holding. It's good to realize yourself early in life and make plans for the future.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Marvelockg

Activity: 154
Merit: 95

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 05:08:30 PM

wow! I must say that I'm even jealous of how early Youve started making investment into your future. The mistake most old people make is that they assume that you only start investing into your future while you are approaching your retirement age. Accumulating Bitcoin during this phase of your life that you're still young with little or no responsibility to disturb your mind will definitely make it easy for you to accumulate Bitcoin with the use of the DCA strategy.

Imagine your parents give you a monthly allowance on a regular bases and you decide that whenever you receive it you will invest it into buying a fraction of Bitcoin? If you're consistent with the routine within the next five years you might possibly still remain under thier care you must have accumulated a very huge amount and it's at this stage that you wouldn't necessarily get bothered about selling off your holdings since you can literally ask your parents for money in cases emergency. If you're able to start accumulating at this age maybe at a small ratio because of your financial strength before you would have had a job, it would have become an harbit that you've grown matured into and it's just going to be easier to increase the percentage of your investment into an higher amount and with time you will be surprised that you've gotten something close to your 8BTC plan for the next 20 years although you might not necessarily get up to such amount of BTC within such space of time

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GbitG

Activity: 742
Merit: 301

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2024, 07:03:13 PM

I am very happy to see that Bitcoin market is starting to grow day by day because I have invested in Bitcoin in 2023. I have full confidence in it because of which I have never been disappointed after investing. I know Bitcoin is a valuable asset. I am very proud to invest in Bitcoin.  I think I have bitcoins. So I haven't decided to sell these invested bitcoins yet. I thought I'll keep the invested bitcoins and think about selling them after a few years.
Hmm, pretty interesting, mate!
I am also joyous to watch the Bitcoin raising because every Bitcoin enthusiast has a dream like you that the price of Bitcoin should be raised in the same way until halving, and as soon as the halving is done, the price should enter an extra stepped bull run. Honestly, I will be crazy if Bitcoin crosses $100,000 at the end of the year. I have also invested in Bitcoin like you and I hope it will make me a millionaire next year. 

In the rest, brother, when Bitcoin crosses its $100,000, I will sell out 50% of my Bitcoin investment, make a profit book, and seek more investment opportunities to organize profit again. 

The rest of you express your opinion about whether it will be better to sell out your investment in the bull market or not. Share your opposition with us.

█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
I_Anime

Activity: 364
Merit: 153

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 07:18:07 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2024, 08:17:10 PM by I_Anime

Time does fly by fast, and there are some folks who end up dying before they are able to enjoy their fortunes, so there are a lot of personal trade offs, yet one really powerful thing about bitcoin does seem that it has had some abilities to move quite a few people (mostly the accumulators and HODLers) into a higher financial status than they would have had ever been able to achieve through various traditional investment methods, so in that regard, there is a lot of power in that kind of transfer of wealth, and even though the upside potential of bitcoin is likely reduced, it still retains a very strong investment thesis..
Yeah alot of folks endup losing their Bitcoin due to death and even due to misplacement of their security seed phrase. Before they even had the chance to feed from their fruit of their labour. Indeed bitcoin still remains a strong investment, I stumbled upon a post days back Here in this forum. A higher rank user posted a post about comparing the profit you would made from investing $1000 10 years ago in either Gold, real estate and Bitcoin. Well at first stated that due to Gold recent value if one invested $1k 10 yrs back he or she would endup around making 2× their invested funds  that means their portfolio might be around 2000 USD. While those that consider real estate would might made a max. Of 10× to 15× in the last 10 years depending on their location and all that. But those that invested with $1k  in Bitcoin 10 yrs ago may endup making about 350× profits.

You can see the massive different of Bitcoin from others investment. To me bitcoin is one of the best investment (if not the best) because bitcoin as indeed change alot of people lives for the better, ( expecially the accumutors and holders just as sir JJG said.) Though most of us wasn't among those set of people then. But now still the time forus to be among those Bitcoin gonna change their lives for the better too. I know other invest are nice and all that but I would advise to focus on mainly on accumulating bitcoin first till you reach a certain state before thinking of diversifying. And please if  i have said anything wrong in any chances please do so in correcting me.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 08:50:34 PM

wow! I must say that I'm even jealous of how early Youve started making investment into your future. The mistake most old people make is that they assume that you only start investing into your future while you are approaching your retirement age. Accumulating Bitcoin during this phase of your life that you're still young with little or no responsibility to disturb your mind will definitely make it easy for you to accumulate Bitcoin with the use of the DCA strategy.

Imagine your parents give you a monthly allowance on a regular bases and you decide that whenever you receive it you will invest it into buying a fraction of Bitcoin? If you're consistent with the routine within the next five years you might possibly still remain under thier care you must have accumulated a very huge amount and it's at this stage that you wouldn't necessarily get bothered about selling off your holdings since you can literally ask your parents for money in cases emergency. If you're able to start accumulating at this age maybe at a small ratio because of your financial strength before you would have had a job, it would have become an harbit that you've grown matured into and it's just going to be easier to increase the percentage of your investment into an higher amount and with time you will be surprised that you've gotten something close to your 8BTC plan for the next 20 years although you might not necessarily get up to such amount of BTC within such space of time

Just because someone lives with his parents does not signify that his parents would necessarily serve as his emergency fund.

But we might be able to assume from the posts that some of the expenses are less than they would be if teamsherry were to NOT live with his parents.

Sure guys should take advantage of whatever benefits that he has available, and of course, when dealing with other people and relations, we might want to make sure that we are not taking advantage of them since those kinds of negative dynamics can also mess up our own credibility and impressions that others have about our abilities to be responsible for our own finances. So it is quite likely that even if we life with our parents, we should be striving to figure out budgetary matters (and perhaps even contributing to the house expenses) and figuring out out emergency fund, reserve funds and float.. and maybe projecting out into the future regarding our income and expenses, and surely young people will sometimes not have as much cash because they are spending time to build their job skills and maybe seeking out education and training that may well improve their future income even though their current income might suffer due to their receiving such training.

I am very happy to see that Bitcoin market is starting to grow day by day because I have invested in Bitcoin in 2023. I have full confidence in it because of which I have never been disappointed after investing. I know Bitcoin is a valuable asset. I am very proud to invest in Bitcoin.  I think I have bitcoins. So I haven't decided to sell these invested bitcoins yet. I thought I'll keep the invested bitcoins and think about selling them after a few years.
Hmm, pretty interesting, mate!
I am also joyous to watch the Bitcoin raising because every Bitcoin enthusiast has a dream like you that the price of Bitcoin should be raised in the same way until halving, and as soon as the halving is done, the price should enter an extra stepped bull run. Honestly, I will be crazy if Bitcoin crosses $100,000 at the end of the year. I have also invested in Bitcoin like you and I hope it will make me a millionaire next year. 

In the rest, brother, when Bitcoin crosses its $100,000, I will sell out 50% of my Bitcoin investment, make a profit book, and seek more investment opportunities to organize profit again. 

The rest of you express your opinion about whether it will be better to sell out your investment in the bull market or not. Share your opposition with us.

Yes, there can be questions regarding how to manage your BTC holdings and questions regarding whether it is ever a good idea to sell 50% of your BTC holdings in one setting, unless you might have too many BTC... and so there can be questions regarding how many BTC you need and whether you have too many and do you have so many BTC that you can feel comfortable shaving off 50% at one price point.

The longer that you have been in BTC and the more BTC that you have accumulate, the more you might be able to justify selling off decently large amounts, yet even $100k does not seem to be a very high price, and there seems like there could be way more reasonable ways to manage your BTC holdings, even perhaps starting selling at $80k and spreading out your sales.. maybe 5% every time the BTC price goes up 25%, even that seems like a lot of sales (from my perspective), but it may well be more reasonable than selling a bunch (such as 50% at $100k) at one price point and then never being able to get those BTC back.

So, we know that each person has to make these kinds of assessments, and historically, we have seen a lot of examples guys selling way too many BTC too soon and then regretting it later... maybe within months or maybe even years later.

Yeah alot of folks endup losing their Bitcoin due to death and even due to misplacement of their security seed phrase. Before they even had the chance to feed from their fruit of their labour.

There are likely some people who have lost their coins and who don't even realize it, and part of the problem is that they might think that they know how to access their coins, but they might not access them frequently enough in order to make sure that they do not end up losing access or even overly-complicating their BTC storage set up so that they end up locking themselves out of their own coins.

Indeed bitcoin still remains a strong investment, I stumbled upon a post days back Here in this forum. A higher rank user posted a post about comparing the profit you would made from investing $1000 10 years ago in either Gold, real estate and Bitcoin. Well at first stated that due to Gold recent value if one invested $1k 10 yrs back he or she would endup around making 2× their invested funds  that means their portfolio might be around 2000 USD. While those that consider real estate would might made a max. Of 10× to 15× in the last 10 years depending on their location and all that. But those that invested with $1k  in Bitcoin 10 yrs ago may endup making about 350× profits.

I will take a look at that thread later, yet I am familiar with those kinds of comparison numbers, and yeah bitcoin has outperformed all assets, especially the longer the timeline, and there are no signs that bitcoin is not going to continue to outperform all other assets..

One of the advantages that bitcoin has is that it is still in fairly early adoption stages, so even though there are not guarantees that BTC price will continue to exponentially go up with ongoing increases in network effects (as outlined by Trace Mayer), there is no evidence to the contrary regarding bitcoin's asymmetric bet to the upside in the coming 5-20 years or more.

You can see the massive different of Bitcoin from others investment. To me bitcoin is one of the best investment (if not the best) because bitcoin as indeed change alot of people lives for the better, ( expecially the accumutors and holders just as sir JJG said.) Though most of us wasn't among those set of people then.

We have to still remember that past performance does not guarantee future results.. so we have to figure out a position size that it comfortable and appropriate for ourselves.

But now still the time forus to be among those Bitcoin gonna change their lives for the better too. I know other invest are nice and all that but I would advise to focus on mainly on accumulating bitcoin first till you reach a certain state before thinking of diversifying. And please if  i have said anything wrong in any chances please do so in correcting me.

That sounds right, and guys should be tailoring to their personal circumstances to try to be as aggressive as they can without overdoing it.. which sometimes they won't realize they overdid it until they find themselves in a situation in which they made the mistake... so frequently it takes patience to build up your holdings, and sometimes it might be good to earn extra money, but sometimes there are needs to invest in your education and/or improve yourself so that you can earn more later or that you improve some of your skills... so it is not always clear, including that some guys come to bitcoin without any other investments and other guys come to bitcoin while already having investments.. so they would likely have different approaches based on their circumstances when coming to bitcoin.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 09:20:14 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

~~

It's up to you how you react to it, but I think some people forget or delay telling their family that they invested in Bitcoin and suddenly they died. then his family certainly couldn't access his btc if he didn't tell them his private wallet key. In this case, I saw several articles which stated that several large BTC holders had died, but I didn't know in detail that the BTC holders did not leave their private keys to their families. So, for that reason, let's just take the point that BTC circulation will disappear because of those who die or those who can't access their wallet because the private key is lost.

So what is the advantage of all of this? Of course, the smaller the circulation and the increased adoption or the more people who invest in Bitcoin, the more visible the opportunity is for a significant price jump. I hope you understand what I am clear about and that there are no stupid people in this developing era, but please know that sometimes it is their carelessness that loses their assets, such as storing the private key incorrectly.
~~
If you spend, 10 to 20 to 30 years investing into bitcoin, and if you start out with bitcoin as your only investment, surely in the first 5-10 years there may be periods in which you might feel that you are not making progress, but then at some point you might start to feel that you have enough BTC,. and even if you are not quite at the level in which you are going to want to start to cash out some of your BTC, you might at least start to choose to invest into other things so that you feel less overexposed to bitcoin.

And mostly HOLDing through a period in which BTC prices go way up and way down takes a bit of commitment to the idea that it is just better to mostly be HOLDing.  You likely have to have systems in place that allow you to do such a thing, and there are quite a few bitcoiners who are similar to me, and some of them were on this forum complaining that they did not sell more during the peak.. so sometimes there can be some regrets about missing such BIG trade opportunities, but even if you sell, you could end up selling too soon and then also not really know how to play it.. when to buy back and how to buy back, so it surely can be difficult to get anywhere close to the top in terms of selling and to get anywhere near the bottom in terms of using those proceeds to buy back.... so sometimes there can be more comfort in terms of not even trying to play those kinds of games with your BTC, unless you are just using a small portion of your BTC to do that, but at the same time, if you have not reached your accumulation target, it makes even less sense to be selling if you feel that you don't yet have enough BTC.
Yes, as long as there is no urgent need, of course it is better to continue holding. Indeed, 30 years is a long time and perhaps no one knows our future fate. It seems that if you have reached satisfaction, there will be an option to cash out and maybe it will only be a small amount without having to sell everything. Personally, the bitcoin investment journey is like drinking coffee every day where I keep doing it to keep buying and holding it.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 10:26:50 PM

~~

It's up to you how you react to it, but I think some people forget or delay telling their family that they invested in Bitcoin and suddenly they died. then his family certainly couldn't access his btc if he didn't tell them his private wallet key. In this case, I saw several articles which stated that several large BTC holders had died, but I didn't know in detail that the BTC holders did not leave their private keys to their families. So, for that reason, let's just take the point that BTC circulation will disappear because of those who die or those who can't access their wallet because the private key is lost.

So what is the advantage of all of this?

One of the advantages is that the coins of all of the remaining holders become more valuable when fewer coins are available / accessible (lost).  Sure the disadvantage to the family or the potential heirs, but it is not necessarily obvious that the heirs deserved the BTC more than the overall bitcoin community.  Some people could purposefully die with their coins because they would like to overall give to the whole bitcoin community rather than giving their coins to a presumptive heir.  So there could be a question regarding whether the passing down of the coins to the whole bitcoin community was done on purpose or accidentally, but bitcoin does not care, because if those coins are not recoverable, then bitcoin has just become more scarce.

Of course, the smaller the circulation and the increased adoption or the more people who invest in Bitcoin, the more visible the opportunity is for a significant price jump. I hope you understand what I am clear about and that there are no stupid people in this developing era, but please know that sometimes it is their carelessness that loses their assets, such as storing the private key incorrectly.

Yep was it a mistake or on purpose, and since bitcoin cannot figure it out the difference, there is no recovery of the coins.

~~

Yes, as long as there is no urgent need, of course it is better to continue holding. Indeed, 30 years is a long time and perhaps no one knows our future fate.

If you get into bitcoin and you are in your early 20s, you may well already consider that your timeline might be able to be longer, but yeah if you come into bitcoin and you are already in your mid 40s you might consider that you might not want to have a timeline that is more than 20 years..

Of course there can be all kinds of variations, and even if you invest with a long timeline, you are not locked into the funds, so even if you might treat it as a retirement fund (or a fuck you status fund), but if you are able to achieve a level of financial wealth that allows you to start to withdraw from the funds and to have more options, then you will likely be grateful for that.. and if you are investing $10 per week and 1 year is $520 and 10 years is $5,200 and 30 years is $15,600, you may well not have a lot of funds?  We cannot know for sure if BTC might go up in value a lot after you invested in it or maybe it goes up while you are investing so you don't have as much of your value that experiences the compounding effects because you are investing such small amounts.

It seems that if you have reached satisfaction, there will be an option to cash out and maybe it will only be a small amount without having to sell everything. Personally, the bitcoin investment journey is like drinking coffee every day where I keep doing it to keep buying and holding it.

Of course you have total optionality to cash out as soon as you want, to and there are a lot of people who end up cashing out way too many bitcoin too soon and then they regret it later, and maybe you will become one of them.  It is your choice and you have to live with the consequences.. and sometimes BTC holder/accumulators cash out for some relatively small amount, and then the BTC shot up 20x and they could have cashed out 20x higher, but they did not have patience.. so that is their problem.. and sometimes it had even been like 200x or more higher that they could have had received, but they were happy with their profits and they cashed out.. yeah.. its their choice and they do not recognize and appreciate the mistake until later, but sometimes they recognize and appreciate the mistake, but they keep doing the same thing..

jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 10:52:34 PM

And it's just like you're free to do whatever you want. You have money? you buy. And even if you have money but you don't buy, then buy some other day or just totally don't buy at all.

That's one of the beauty of DCA.
Yeah DCA strategies is Indeed exciting, to me I don't think there's much need to start speculating the price bitcoin going to it and all that. Because I've already know that Bitcoin gonna surge massively, but just as you guys said we know is gonna happen but we can't actually tell when is happening. So I have strong believe in Bitcoin, and all I care about is to accumulate some good quantities of Bitcoin Because am actually still far from my goal in accummulating Bitcoin. That why need to be patient by exercising long-term investment so that would be able to accumulate more bitcoin and yield good profits.
Forget about speculating the price in the present but what you're doing is preparing yourself in the future with a set price you think possibly Bitcoin gonna meet at that time.

It's no doubt that Bitcoin will surge soon at this cycle and it's not going to be continuously happening every cycle and there's a stopover after that. Those that have been doing DCA for a long time might get a window for selling at that point and that's the time they should take their profits.

While there are folks that are all talk and can't put money on their mouths, they're going to keep on speculating until they realize that it's all over and late for them.
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: