Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:37:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 [346] 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77414 times)
cxtreenal

Activity: 77
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 17, 2024, 12:03:46 PM

The reason why some investors fail while using the DCA is improper planning because I see no reason why an investor that have engaged in a lot of investment strategies would not know that before choosing to DCA they need a stable atmosphere that will not deprive them of their continuous accumulation therefore having a reliable source of income and possibly alternative means should in a case where the principal source isn't coming forth again, they can eventually fall back to the alternative means to still continue forwarding the DCA.
You are right! Why should a man go to DCA if his income is not right. A person can think of keeping his money in a safe place only when he has a consistent income arrangement. And if he is sitting in the gallery waiting for the bull run to break his target after buying Bitcoin on DIP, then he is living in a fool's kingdom.
You should set a target of at least 4-10 years. And in between keep a target on DCA on weekly or monthly basis only then you can reach your destination
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 155

View Profile
March 17, 2024, 01:38:42 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2024, 01:52:00 PM by I_Anime
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I can see you're now getting the gist , at first try and arrange your post quoting properly, that why I told that most people use shit Coin for short term profit during trading cause of the risk, yeah there people who are making from trading and all that but before getting to that stage , you don't want to imagine the Shit you going to pass through, and it take alot of practicing and skills to get there. But in investing you just need basic knowledge and you good to go with your accumulation. Like when I was still into trading due to the losses I didn't have the guts to recommend trading To my friends but I can gladly recommend them into holding of bitcoin and doing so, I don't have to stress my self to say too much , bitcoin growth as already made it obvious on how amazing bitcoin is . So if you still insist in trading I would advice you to trade wisely and as trading try accumulating more bitcoin ( for holding not trading) and don't let your trading affect your bitcoin accummulation.
Trading is not advice worthy, you'll make a lot of bad acquaintances if you tell people go trading😂
Good point about your last line, there. Holding has proven it's worth, and I've preached it, all every bull run gives me a reference.

This is not about trading, it is about how we can save Bitcoin in the long run. We protect our bitcoin holdings by following the same approach as how bitcoin hedges risk in the long term, and the DCA method helps control the average price. So we will discuss holdings as any other discussion may change the mind of investors, so we only apply to the discussion of how to accumulate bitcoins for the long term.

If you have to benefit, from all kinds of strategies you have to move forward only if you will succeed. Suppose you have a super shop, if you just want from a running product to be more profitable in that case you need to hold a few days, If the price is low or high in the market, you can buy product by following DCA strategies, thus you can keep your capital safe and more profitable if you invest. This strategy will make you more profited by both. And the big businessmen became even bigger businessmen following this method. If you have a lot of money you could invest by HOLD, and after a period you will be beneficial....Simultaneously following DCA can boost your profit.
Well is not actually fixed that one need to be a big businessman to become successful using different strategies or method of accumulating Bitcoin, aslong one is able to have a good sources to accumulate more bitcoin and same time able to manage his financial situation, while accumulating. Can also become successful while holding Bitcoin, such individual should base mainly on DCAing method ( maybe sometime buying the dip ) with some lump-summing, inorder to build a good portfolio successfully.

Any newbie that deviates from the norm of buying bitcoin into trying to get profits from it at very early stage is actually trading and is messing around with bitcoin, trading is not only when you Invest in altcoin but also when you play around with your bitcoin Invest and that is a note we shoudl all take for ourselves
you're right, I don't see any reason one should trade with his bitcoin while he can just hold and same time accumulate some quantity and watch it grow  in their portfolio, because when trading with your coin yah only killing the potential of it yielding some good profits. Because you can compare those that are holding their Bitcoin to those that are trading with theirs. So you taken such manners in always taking profit when you haven't gotten anywhere with your investment, shows that you are not ready to hold and same time hindering the growth of that investment.

Edited:

You are right! Why should a man go to DCA if his income is not right. A person can think of keeping his money in a safe place only when he has a consistent income arrangement. And if he is sitting in the gallery waiting for the bull run to break his target after buying Bitcoin on DIP, then he is living in a fool's kingdom.
You should set a target of at least 4-10 years. And in between keep a target on DCA on weekly or monthly basis only then you can reach your destination
if the individual has already reach his accumulation destination ( having a enough Bitcoin in his stash already). Taken profit during the bull run after Bitcoin as undergo another breakthrough won't be any issues, because the individual as already hit his Accumulation goal, without he or she selling all his Bitcoin though.  So such individual can decide buying the dip once in a while to just increase his quantities as time goes on after taking some profit from his investment. But those that have just started their Bitcoin accumulation and those low coiners, would have to keep accumulating without thinking of taken profit yet. And it may take a whole cycle for such individual to be able to have accumulate alot of Bitcoin in their portfolio.

Tmoonz

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 17, 2024, 03:29:59 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2024, 03:43:30 PM by Tmoonz

I smell regret for those who will not buy now. Bitcoin is trying to give those who have been reluctant more and more opportunity to bag more they have now if there is money. For me this is point in the market i aggressively buy in as much i am still dcaing. The whole point of the dca is to ignore the market price. Truly we should just continue dcaing no one knows if this is a top or bottom or just like what everyone is saying that the market is correcting itself. That is bullshit, correcting or no correcting we should buy it doesnt stop us from buying.

It would have made more sense to stop buying if we know when the price will go down but unfortunately no one knows what will happen in the market. But there is something certain in the market, once bitcoin exceeds some level in the market it never hoes down to that price ever again. Keep buying till 2024 is over.
In my opinion, those who are still sitting on DIP to buy. ...now is the time for them, I had some doubts about DIP but now my attitude has changed.
Suppose after 3 months if the price of BTC is 80k or 100k, then if we consider the price at that time, now its price is in DIP. This is simple calculation. yes those who don't buy BTC now will regret it in the future as it seems to be at rock bottom right now.
Considering the flutuation in the present price of Bitcoin there may be expectable more declining in price, although it's not certain but it seen to happen and if this happen those that are in rush to buy Bitcoin now may still regret for not waiting for minimum decline before making the investment.

No mate, I don't agree to this. How can you determine the minimum decline, have you forgotten that Bitcoin is volatile in nature, such that waiting shouldn't be an option because the market is filled with uncertainty, with dca purchases can be made at anytime when price is low and when price is high. However, waiting can actually lead to procrastination of not buying because you may not see the minimum decline that you are looking for, so it is best that you have a proper financial planning and  funds allocation that will enable you to dcaing and use the other part of your funds to buy wholesomely when there is dip by this way you always in the market rather than waiting for any minimum decline just as you said. The question is who do you think will regret more? is it the man that buy now and later see a more decline or the man that was waiting for a minimum decline and couldn't see it please think about this question and answer it yourself.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 17, 2024, 03:45:56 PM

[edited out]..Now if you are mixing your actions by buying and selling (in other words trading) then that is another story, but if you are strictly buying, then you have a dynamic that either your holdings are continuously going into less and less profits (in a bear market) or you have the dynamics that your holdings are increasingly in profits (in a bull market).
I highlighted a paragraph out, I've not been mixing strategies, I've been buying but I always thought we have been in the bear Market and I have also expressed myself in terms if us beign in the bear market but right now I feel my perspective of what a bear market or bull market is shattered, so I think it would be fair if I could explain more about it.

I already explained and probably overly explained, and so you need to think in longer timelines.  In essence, we have been in a bull market since November 2022, and I give little shits about what others say about the various corrections along the way.  The market does not change back and forth.

on the other hand, we could fairly assess that we might not have had realized that we were in a bull market until either mid-2023 or even as late as October 2023, but surely at some point, we would have or should have realized that we were in a bull market rather than a bear market since November 2022.

Bull market is that the price is generally trending up (even if there may well be short or long periods of corrections in between).

In other words, you cannot be flipping back and forth, and clearly even if we were in a correction in December 2023.. who gives any shits.. we were still obviously already in a bull market, even if there was a correction.

People frequently get confused by the short-term and/or overly obsess about the short term.. and especially if you already stated that you are planning to invest for a whole cycle, then there seems to be almost no reason to be getting worked up about various short term moves. 

Of course, any of us still wants to try to minimize his cost per BTC, but there is ONLY so much that we are able to do about those kinds of things, especially if we are new to bitcoin and still building our stash...

As I already mentioned, if you have been buying since December (or even in the past 16 months) the value of your holdings are generally in profits, and I am not even proclaiming that you are not faced with any dilemma, since when BTC is in this kind of bull market, there may well be a lot of advantages to front loading and investing as much as possible earlier rather than stringing out purchases, but at the same time, if you are new to bitcoin (and/or investing), you may well not have much if any choice based on how much (or the lack) that you have in your own finances to be able to dedicate to BTC purchases.

In other words, there are some advantages, towards buying when the BTC price is going down rather than when it is going up.. but you cannot really affect those kinds of situations.  You have to play with the cards that you have, and figure out what you are going to do and how you are going to deal with the current dynamics as well as future dynamics that are not really known very well until after they happen.

If you have a lot of money you could invest by HOLD.

There is no such thing as invest by HOLD.

Before you can HOLD, you have to buy first, which entails thinking about the various ways to buy. DCA, lump sum and/or buying on dips.

~snip~
Investing for 16 months is not really wise for me. Because here it is possible to make profit only by planning and investing for 16 months, it may not be correct, many times I think some part should be invested regularly. It should be planned to invest for a period of at least 3 to 5 years so that no matter what stage the market goes through, the investment will continue and the profit will always increase.
You are reading me out of context.  I was talking about anyone who may have been investing in bitcoin in the last 16 months has been investing in a bull market, and even if you have intentions to invest longer than 16 months, there surely are quite a few forum members who are participating in this thread who started in the last 16 months.
No, I read your context carefully and shared my experience.  Roll Eyes

No need to say more then.  I already stated how I consider you to have had either misunderstood or misframed the context.  I still believe that you misframed what I said, even if you might have had understood what I had been attempting to communicate.

Furthermore, your forum registration date is coming upon 5 years, so maybe you are getting close to 5 years of investing into BTC.?
Chapter 1.
Well to the point of old times, I saved some Bitcoin(meaning USD not full Bitcoin) and traded on the Binance platform and won some trade then my balance was around $3k. badly said that my Binance account was lost with $2500+USD in BTC pair.  I can not recovery this account.
Chapter 2.
Since I got married, we have been very separated as a family. Our family refused to accept us because of our love marriage. I now spend the BTC I earn to meet my family's needs, where I can't save a bit even if I want to. But I want to save a bit if possible consistently.

Well.. too bad about chapter 1, and the reality of the matter is that the dollar and BTC is different.  So yeah, you may well have your local currency, so you may well feel some value in holding dollars, but the dollar is still inferior to holding actual BTC, but you still have to be able to hold it .. and of course, I frequently recommend a timeline of 4-10 years or longer in order to be an investor, otherwise you are merely trading in BTC rather than investing, which is your choice.

Regarding your Chapter 2.  If you do not have any disposable income, then you are not in a position to buy BTC, so that is too bad for you if you know about the value of BTC but you are still not able to set aside some of your value to invest into bitcoin for 4-10 years or longer - and your family's life may well be in a better state down the road if you were to be able to follow some kind of an investment plan rather than spending everything that you earn  as soon as you get it.. even if you are ONLY able to invest $10 per week or so.. it is better than nothing.. but again your decision in regards to your own situation in regards if you are actually able to accomplish any such investment based on your own circumstances.. and I would think that if you are a member of this forum (who is actively participating) then at least you have some knowledge about bitcoin.. which puts you at some advantages over members of the regular population.

Considering the flutuation in the present price of Bitcoin there may be expectable more declining in price, although it's not certain but it seen to happen and if this happen those that are in rush to buy Bitcoin now may still regret for not waiting for minimum decline before making the investment. However, the present decline may be an avenue and the opportunity for those that were not financially able to invest at the high price of Bitcoin to invest and accumulate more Bitcoin as much as they may possibly afford with the expectation of a near future appreciation of Bitcoin price.
Thats where the deception and the statements of "had I known" usually arises as a result of the thinking that the market will continue to dip to a certain point  before we can then start buying and we end up failing to buy because the market as a speculative one later disappointed us of our expectations and dis the opposite by rising to a new price level unexpected. As a holder with a long term DCAing strategic plan as the market dips at each level that's how we should continue to buy if the money is available, we keep DCAing with each deep instead of waiting for it to get to a certain dip before buy, that idea is a wrong attitude and should be eliminated. Buying the dip doesn't have any price depth it is for us to keep buying and holding as it dips so that when the bull run takes flight we make multiple levels of profits from each point of the dip we bought (DCA) at in total.

It seems that I agree with what you are saying letteredhub.. especially if you are suggesting to buy at various points of the dip rather than trying to overly strategize and then miss out on buying the dip... so yeah if you are in buying mode, then many times you are going to end up buying the dip and it will keep dipping and maybe at some point you will also end up running out of money to keep buying the dip, so then at that point you might have to HODL through the situation until maybe you have more money come in.

I will say that your part about being in profits seems fairly irrelevant..  Sure it is comfortable to be in more profits, but in the end, it may not make big differences whether you are buying BTC on a regular basis or if you have had gotten lucky to buy some extra dips, because if we are investing for the long run we will assume to be in profits at some point, and then the level of profits begin to build and compound upon themselves, and that is where the real value comes rather than a simple assessment of happening to be in profits.. being in profits is sort of assumed (though not guaranteed) after 4-10 years or more but then it just becomes a matter of how much any of us might have had accumulated when we might start to draw from our BTC.. while potentially still allowing the BTC to compound value.. and that will give us more long term options - including our abilities to more freely spend our other monies prior to spending our bitcoin, and sometimes if we have been in bitcoin a while we might not even need to spend much of any of our bitcoin because we may well have built up other sources of income in which we can spend from those other sources of income prior to spending from our bitcoin stash...

and another thing is if we have plenty of bitcoin then we might not even be concerned about shaving some off here and there along the way.. so we don't really have any urgent needs to sell a lot of our bitcoin at once, but we still are not bothered to sell some of it at whatever the going price might happen to be at the time that we shave off some of it.

But those that have just started their Bitcoin accumulation and those low coiners, would have to keep accumulating without thinking of taken profit yet. And it may take a whole cycle for such individual to be able to have accumulate alot of Bitcoin in their portfolio.

It will likely tend to take at least a whole cycle.. and it might take 2-3 cycles before some of the ones who are starting now will be able to be in a comfortable position to change their strategy.

Don't get me wrong, even after a whole cycle of accumulating bitcoin, there might be a sense of empowerment or even a sense that the ways of accumulating bitcoin might be able to be changed, but the focus still may well continue to be to continue to accumulate bitcoin, even if there might be some ways in which the already accumulated quantity of bitcoin might inform some tweaking in the BTC accumulation approach.

If someone is new to bitcoin, but is already coming to bitcoin with a lot of fiat resources, then that kind of a person might be able to more clearly stop accumulating BTC, even after just a few years of accumulating, even less than a full cycle. 

See my 15 hypo examples that show various possibilities that vary based on investment timelines.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
wmaurik

Activity: 2030
Merit: 704

View Profile
March 17, 2024, 04:49:48 PM

Achieving certain goals can indeed be done in various ways by everyone without sitting or remaining silent like market spectators. For those who have bought Bitcoin on Dip, of course they will always monitor it and can also carry out DCA with their own targets on a weekly or monthly basis. Because for those who have a consistent income every month, it will also be difficult to achieve their goals if they don't try to move their money into investments or anything that can double their income in their own lives.

███████████████████████████████
█████████
▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███
▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████
▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████
███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀████████
████
███▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████
██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄███████
███████
▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████
▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
RECEIVE BONUS

[ NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED ]
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
MusaPk

Activity: 630
Merit: 196

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2024, 05:30:50 PM

Well, I somewhat randomly picked a goal that might be a goal of someone in the west, but if you think that the goal is too high, then you can reduce the goal to your level.  Perhaps $500 per month or $1k per month, and if the goal was $500 per month, then just reduce (multiply) everything that I already said by 1/10th. ... which means that either 0.5 BTC by mid 2034 or 0.25 BTC by mid 2039 would be sufficient to accomplish the goal of $500 per month, and if you wanted an extra cushion of $1k per month, then you would have to double the target amount.

Thanks for clarifying that. I am from group of people who can invest around $200 to 250 weekly into Bitcoin. In fact I am doing that for last one year and so far results are very much satisfactory. Whatever you have just invest in Bitcoin for long term.    

Of course.  Bitcoin is for everyone or anyone who chooses to get involved in it, and anyone who gets involved investing in bitcoin within a way that is not overdoing it, then is likely going to have some benefits from such investments into bitcoin.

The best thing is if you keep investing in Bitcoin then with time your investment is guaranteed to increase. This is what we have seen so far with the help of historical data. What differs in Bitcoin is that you don't need any sort of documents to open your account for Bitcoin investment like we need in equity trading.  

So yeah, if the price corrects, he is able to buy more bitcoin and if the price goes up too rapidly then he may well not be able to get as many BTC as he thought that he would be able to get.  If he is on target and overly accumulating bitcoin, then maybe that is not a bad problem to have, or maybe if he is under accumulating, he might have to change either his target accumulation level or maybe change his timeline until such a point that both the timeline and the amount of BTC accumulated overlap... and of course, he will likely monitoring these matters along the way, and I personally like to use the 200-WMA in terms of the valuation of the BTC holdings in order to give greater protections to anyone who would not be pulling the fuck you lever too soon (prior to being actually in a good financial and/or psychological place with his BTC holdings relative to his expectations for how much income he is going to be drawing from such BTC holdings.).

That would be worst case scenario that price keep on increasing and is very much unlikely to happen. In Bitcoin journey, from here to next 10 to 15 years we will defiantly see ups and downs. So if someone is investing $250 per week then its very much likely that he will be able to get good amount of BTC in coming 10 to 15 years provided he keep investing constantly. With time he will get to know that when to be more aggressive in accumulation.
It's good to have company of 200-WMA as we move with investing in Bitcoin. For last 6 months price of Bitcoin is above 200 WMA, so there may be times where you are standing below 200 WMA and that's the point where your nerves are tested. Those who can survive that test will defiantly have good ROI waiting ahead.

In recent times, I have also been coming toward thinking that a guy might not need to have as much of a bitcoin savings as he would have to have in traditional investments since with a bitcoin investment, he likely would be able to employ a higher withdrawal rate of 6-10% in bitcoin as compared with 4% in traditional investments.

Even though I am already coming to conclude that it is likely in bitcoin that we are not going to need as much of a nest egg as we need in traditional finances in order to support ourselves from our BTC stash, since in traditional investment we need right around 25x our income in order to be able to live off of our income (which is assuming a 4% withdrawal rate), and I am starting to consider that with bitcoin 10-16.7 years of income may well be enough (which is assuming a 6% to 10% withdrawal rate).. but it is still risky to overly rely on the newer models and those kinds of potential more aggressive withdrawal rates that bitcoin might be able to provide since it is more of an untested system and fairly new, so it may well be much better to rely on more conservative models and to have some cushion in the size of he BTC stash before pulling any fuck you lever that would then put you in a position where you are having to live off of your BTC stash.

I didnt get that withdrawal rate point. Can you just elaborate it a bit for my understanding. Will be grateful.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2024, 06:02:24 PM
Merited by MusaPk (1)

Even though I am already coming to conclude that it is likely in bitcoin that we are not going to need as much of a nest egg as we need in traditional finances in order to support ourselves from our BTC stash, since in traditional investment we need right around 25x our income in order to be able to live off of our income (which is assuming a 4% withdrawal rate), and I am starting to consider that with bitcoin 10-16.7 years of income may well be enough (which is assuming a 6% to 10% withdrawal rate).. but it is still risky to overly rely on the newer models and those kinds of potential more aggressive withdrawal rates that bitcoin might be able to provide since it is more of an untested system and fairly new, so it may well be much better to rely on more conservative models and to have some cushion in the size of he BTC stash before pulling any fuck you lever that would then put you in a position where you are having to live off of your BTC stash.
I didnt get that withdrawal rate point. Can you just elaborate it a bit for my understanding. Will be grateful.

In traditional investments, there is generally a recommendation that you should be able to withdraw 4% per year from your investment portfolio and to be able to withdraw at that rate forever, so long as, on average, your investment is growing in value at least 4% per year.

So if you have $1 million, then a withdrawal rate of 4% per year would yield you $40k of passive income for the year or $3,333 per month.

BTC could fairly conservatively facilitate 6-10% per year or perhaps even more, as long as you are valuing your stash based on the bottom price (or the 200-WMA) rather than attempting to value your BTC based on top (or spot) prices that tend to be all over the place... even though when you sell, you will of course be selling based on then BTC spot prices.

From my fuck you status chart, you can see that the BTC's 200-WMA (or the bottom) has gone up by more than 20% per year, and there is no reason to believe that it won't continue to go up more than 20% per year, especially if averaged out, and also you can see with my fuck you status chart that the worst period for the 200-WMA rate of increase was between mid 2022 until late 2023 (which was 20% annually for that period).  So in theory, if you are measuring your BTC's value from the bottom price, then you could expect to withdraw based on that even up to 20% and it would still continue to sustain itself in terms of dollar values.. .and to be safe, you could withdraw at a lower rate such as 6% to 10% and still have a cushion, and since the 200-WMA is a lagging indicator, you can watch it to see if it is starting to get to lower values, otherwise you should be able to sustainably withdraw at way higher rates than you would have had been able to do under traditional investments.  You can see more of my sustainable withdraw discussions in my sustainable withdrawal thread, and some of the linked tools and threads.

Of course, with my sustainable withdrawal tool (powered by bitmover), you can back test a variety of theories and timelines to see for yourself that you could have had engaged in pretty high withdrawal rates (even maximizing out the tool at 30%), and BTC still has held its dollar value.. especially over longer periods of time.   I recently discussed an example that goes back to June 1, 2019 in this post.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Salahmu

Activity: 406
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2024, 06:41:19 PM

[edited out]..Now if you are mixing your actions by buying and selling (in other words trading) then that is another story, but if you are strictly buying, then you have a dynamic that either your holdings are continuously going into less and less profits (in a bear market) or you have the dynamics that your holdings are increasingly in profits (in a bull market).
I highlighted a paragraph out, I've not been mixing strategies, I've been buying but I always thought we have been in the bear Market and I have also expressed myself in terms if us beign in the bear market but right now I feel my perspective of what a bear market or bull market is shattered, so I think it would be fair if I could explain more about it.

I already explained and probably overly explained, and so you need to think in longer timelines.  In essence, we have been in a bull market since November 2022, and I give little shits about what others say about the various corrections along the way.  The market does not change back and forth.

on the other hand, we could fairly assess that we might not have had realized that we were in a bull market until either mid-2023 or even as late as October 2023, but surely at some point, we would have or should have realized that we were in a bull market rather than a bear market since November 2022.

Bull market is that the price is generally trending up (even if there may well be short or long periods of corrections in between).

In other words, you cannot be flipping back and forth, and clearly even if we were in a correction in December 2023.. who gives any shits.. we were still obviously already in a bull market, even if there was a correction.

People frequently get confused by the short-term and/or overly obsess about the short term.. and especially if you already stated that you are planning to invest for a whole cycle, then there seems to be almost no reason to be getting worked up about various short term moves. 

Of course, any of us still wants to try to minimize his cost per BTC, but there is ONLY so much that we are able to do about those kinds of things, especially if we are new to bitcoin and still building our stash...

As I already mentioned, if you have been buying since December (or even in the past 16 months) the value of your holdings are generally in profits, and I am not even proclaiming that you are not faced with any dilemma, since when BTC is in this kind of bull market, there may well be a lot of advantages to front loading and investing as much as possible earlier rather than stringing out purchases, but at the same time, if you are new to bitcoin (and/or investing), you may well not have much if any choice based on how much (or the lack) that you have in your own finances to be able to dedicate to BTC purchases.

In other words, there are some advantages, towards buying when the BTC price is going down rather than when it is going up.. but you cannot really affect those kinds of situations
.  You have to play with the cards that you have, and figure out what you are going to do and how you are going to deal with the current dynamics as well as future dynamics that are not really known very well until after they happen.

Of course like I already mentioned on my previous post there is an advantage of buying when the Bitcoin price is lower but we shouldn't draw all our focus or target on buying Bitcoin only when the price is going down because the probability of Bitcoin dipping the way they expected may not be certain, however if they most go for dip it will surely depend on there investment portfolio if they wish to still utilize the opportunity if Bitcoin is going down, perhaps they could channel some of there funds on Lump sum while they continue investing on the normal price of the Bitcoin.

However in terms of short-term investment I agree with you that most people normally get confused or couldn't distinguish between short-term and long term investment because one of the things I realized is that most people or rather investors feels that holding Bitcoin for six or seven months is a long term holding without knowing that they are only doing there normally trading because like you said a long term holding could be refer as holding Bitcoin for ten or more than ten years.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Neobanks

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2024, 10:14:27 PM

Snip
if not that we are not always truthful to ourselves, some of the things we call emergency situations are things we can cope with or figure out an alternative way of meeting them without necessarily going into using our emergency funds or worse of, using our holdings. But the thing is that because you have some reserve funds, the urge to use it will always come and even when you don't want to, it will appear as though you're hurting yourself when you have the means not to.
There is no how you would have emergency fund and something occurred suddenly and you start looking for other alternatives why you have emergency at stake. Earlier before now emergency was clearly stated to be something that is associated with life savings like maybe accident occurrences, funeral services or any other emergency needed. If it is not a life saving issues you can stick to your plan and look for other ways. But if it is a life saving matter you can use your emergency fund.

Like so many persons have pointed out in this thread, it's good to define what kind of event to qualify as an emergency one so you won't always run and make use of your emergency funds when an emergency situation hasn't occured and when emergency finally happens you're left with no option and your holding becomes the only option available.
Like i said in the first paragraph emergency is a life saving issues that happens so sudden that may include accident or funeral issues, if you notice very well you will you will understand that it is rear for emergency to occur. And you ma have accumulated enough emergency fund just like the way you are accumulating btc HODLing, that is why emergency fund may not be a little fund. Because emergency differs, it might be an Emergency of $100 $500 or maybe $5000 that why we must be setting aside each week or month a certain amount just as you DCA in BTC. So that sothat when emergency need arises it becomes easy for you. Sothat we will no longer be looking for alternatives else where. The only problem people face is the in ability to accumulate enough emergency fund such as they do in btc. The way we keep on btc should also be don equally on emergency  because it is only someone that don't have enough emergency fund that will use some portion to solve other people's emergency proble and becomes difficult to solve his own emergency to the extent of selling his btc holding to solve such situation.

What I will advice us is that we should try as much as possible to always accumulate enough emergency fund, in other not to affect our bitcoin holding when we solve other people's emergency problem because emergency might not only be from your family but also to your close relatives who needed your help.

No investor pray for emergency expenditure but it's something that is bound to happen because we don't have total control over overything on earth. However, everything is all about proper planning as they said that a man that fail to plan has planned to fail, proper planning will save you the stress of unecessary spending which may directly or indirectly affect our investment.
Stablexcoin

Activity: 72
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 17, 2024, 11:27:06 PM

In traditional investments, there is generally a recommendation that you should be able to withdraw 4% per year from your investment portfolio and to be able to withdraw at that rate forever, so long as, on average, your investment is growing in value at least 4% per year.
I guess it is the 4% rule of investment you are talking about. Imagine your portfolio balance is not increasing due to price fluctuations and the market moving to the bottom how does this rule help you keep up? because you will be worried about decreasing purchasing power. And so something to keep in mind. A typical model is unable to show the significant additional sequence of returns risk that can be introduced by those problems that arise during a down market. I would prefer a 2% risk every year of my total investment. To me, this is safer than going higher for 4%. I am single and have no children so am ok with that.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Hallroom

Activity: 644
Merit: 17

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 17, 2024, 11:46:04 PM

Snip
if not that we are not always truthful to ourselves, some of the things we call emergency situations are things we can cope with or figure out an alternative way of meeting them without necessarily going into using our emergency funds or worse of, using our holdings. But the thing is that because you have some reserve funds, the urge to use it will always come and even when you don't want to, it will appear as though you're hurting yourself when you have the means not to.
There is no how you would have emergency fund and something occurred suddenly and you start looking for other alternatives why you have emergency at stake. Earlier before now emergency was clearly stated to be something that is associated with life savings like maybe accident occurrences, funeral services or any other emergency needed. If it is not a life saving issues you can stick to your plan and look for other ways. But if it is a life saving matter you can use your emergency fund.

Like so many persons have pointed out in this thread, it's good to define what kind of event to qualify as an emergency one so you won't always run and make use of your emergency funds when an emergency situation hasn't occured and when emergency finally happens you're left with no option and your holding becomes the only option available.
Like i said in the first paragraph emergency is a life saving issues that happens so sudden that may include accident or funeral issues, if you notice very well you will you will understand that it is rear for emergency to occur. And you ma have accumulated enough emergency fund just like the way you are accumulating btc HODLing, that is why emergency fund may not be a little fund. Because emergency differs, it might be an Emergency of $100 $500 or maybe $5000 that why we must be setting aside each week or month a certain amount just as you DCA in BTC. So that sothat when emergency need arises it becomes easy for you. Sothat we will no longer be looking for alternatives else where. The only problem people face is the in ability to accumulate enough emergency fund such as they do in btc. The way we keep on btc should also be don equally on emergency  because it is only someone that don't have enough emergency fund that will use some portion to solve other people's emergency proble and becomes difficult to solve his own emergency to the extent of selling his btc holding to solve such situation.

What I will advice us is that we should try as much as possible to always accumulate enough emergency fund, in other not to affect our bitcoin holding when we solve other people's emergency problem because emergency might not only be from your family but also to your close relatives who needed your help.

No investor pray for emergency expenditure but it's something that is bound to happen because we don't have total control over overything on earth. However, everything is all about proper planning as they said that a man that fail to plan has planned to fail, proper planning will save you the stress of unecessary spending which may directly or indirectly affect our investment.

All these situations of yours fascinate me, because only a proper planner can reach the destination. So risk and planning is the best strategy before investing in Bitcoin. I cannot grow my investment if I am not careful about how I will protect my investment for the long term. That is why the DCA approach is to enrich investments and increase wealth in a more long-term manner. You strategize in DCA and accumulate bitcoins keeping yourself calm.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Troytech

Merit: 117

View Profile
March 17, 2024, 11:52:43 PM

This is what I have understood from your explanation, if the price of bitcoin is going up or generally gaining value even if they seem to be corrections and what seem to be temporal dips when the price drops for a certain period of time and begins to add back again, and if we are looking it from a longer time frame and we notice that the movement of the market is upwards then it us a bull market, and also the same for a bear market when the price is generally moving downwards.

I think why I have always misunderstood this concept was because I was looking at it from a shorter time frame and getting confused due to temporal price correction and I was also thinking or assumed that when ever a dip occurs it was a bear market. I never knew that the market doesn't switch from bull to bear from time to time but rather stays on one trend for a longer time frame.

But I remember that it's good to have senerios or possibilities in short time frame and also longer time frames, where i could plan a set of different possible outcomes that could happen and prepare ahead which I've always been doing for a while now, but before now my focus has been on short time Frames without making preparation for a longer time frame.

I just don't want to bother much about my average cost now even tho I'm quite afraid that I might be buying at the highest price points and its possible for the bear to set in any time soon, but I know neither of these is my business cause I'm still quite early in bitcoin and I know that maybe over the years it's possible I could balance out my average cost or maybe bring it down a little bit lower as long as I'm consistent in my buying.

I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 155

View Profile
March 18, 2024, 12:04:45 AM

All these situations of yours fascinate me, because only a proper planner can reach the destination. So risk and planning is the best strategy before investing in Bitcoin. I cannot grow my investment if I am not careful about how I will protect my investment for the long term. That is why the DCA approach is to enrich investments and increase wealth in a more long-term manner. You strategize in DCA and accumulate bitcoins keeping yourself calm
hearing bitcoin investment the first that should scream in your mind is ( long-term investment). And long-term investment in bitcoin is not about having the mindset of just sitting around waiting for your investment to yield you good profit without any proper planning. We all know that with the basic knowledge of bitcoin one is good to start accumulating, though as one continue his accummulation he or she has to gather good knowledge on his accumulating journey in order to make some proper planning, like concerning his accummulation goal, having good sources, and how to manage his financial situation. Same time having a good emergency funds that would sustain he or she , and prevent one from tampering with their investment. If we lack such planning our accumulating may endup crashing down due to improper planning.

I just don't want to bother much about my average cost now even tho I'm quite afraid that I might be buying at the highest price points and its possible for the bear to set in any time soon, but I know neither of these is my business cause I'm still quite early in bitcoin and I know that maybe over the years it's possible I could balance out my average cost or maybe bring it down a little bit lower as long as I'm consistent in my buying.
well I don't think there's any need for you to be afraid , don't forget that through DCAing we are buying at different price interval (when the price is high or low). And as you said we still we are still early in accumulating Bitcoin, so this not the time to be afraid but to accumulate. And if you thinking of the dip, you can keep some reserve funds (have kept mine already) so that you would be able to purchase the dip if it occurs.

teamsherry

Activity: 168
Merit: 46

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 18, 2024, 12:13:09 AM

In other words, there are some advantages, towards buying when the BTC price is going down rather than when it is going up.. but you cannot really affect those kinds of situations.  You have to play with the cards that you have, and figure out what you are going to do and how you are going to deal with the current dynamics as well as future dynamics that are not really known very well until after they happen.

Everyone must invest according to his own size, and its good that we well know our numbers so that we can make better decisions regarding to the best kind of strategy to implement and how we can plan our investment journey with DCA.

everyone loves buying from the dip cause they accumulate more for cheaper price, but as an investor we must also be well prepared for both market trends and learn to keep on accumulating no matter what, with proper planning and building up our funds we can also grow to better take advantage of those bear season well when we have well built reserves or have found a way to increase or source of income.

I myself prefer to see my bitcoin journey as a normal life experience and I'm trying to build a character around it, making it a lifestyle to think in terms of building up emergency funds, keeping floats and also reserves, this way I feel I am getting ready for any opportunity  I could savour on and since we are in a bull trend having such good dips might not always come by, so when ever of if we have any I could also take advantage of them to.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2024, 01:52:06 AM

[edited out]
However in terms of short-term investment I agree with you that most people normally get confused or couldn't distinguish between short-term and long term investment because one of the things I realized is that most people or rather investors feels that holding Bitcoin for six or seven months is a long term holding without knowing that they are only doing there normally trading because like you said a long term holding could be refer as holding Bitcoin for ten or more than ten years.

Yeah, sometimes we might be confusing the definitions, and it seems that bitcoin has a bit of a pattern that justifies the consideration of the 4-year cycle, even if the cycle may well end up getting broken at some point... however, if we already have a pattern of a 4 -year cycle, then, it is likely helpful to at least attempt to recognize that such pattern has so far tended to play around the timeline of the halvening.

So yeah we do not necessarily need to plan out 10 years or more in order to be considered long term, but if we really consider what people might want to do with their investment into bitcoin, then we likely can see that they are wanting to make their lives better in the future.... so yeah.. I suppose that there could be such things as long term, medium term and short term trades, and so any one getting involved in bitcoin for less than 4 years could be trading within various periods of time, yet it would be difficult to classify them as an investor in bitcoin if they have a timeline that is shorter than 4 years.

I guess it is the 4% rule of investment you are talking about. Imagine your portfolio balance is not increasing due to price fluctuations and the market moving to the bottom how does this rule help you keep up?

I thought that I had already sufficiently explained this.

If you are valuating your BTC stash from the bottom price, then you are going to have had established a cushion in terms of how many BTC that you need, and in BTC historically, the bottom price has continued to move up more than 20% on an annualized basis, and if you are ONLY withdrawing 4%, then your BTC stash is likely going to continue to grow, especially because you continue to measure it in terms of the bottom price, so once you get started, you may well need to increase your withdrawal rate to 10% or even higher.  Of course, if you continue to monitor BTC's bottom price and it continues to move up faster than your withdrawal rate, then you continue to have a cushion and your BTC holdings continues to grow.

Let's say for example you felt that you needed $3.3k per month to live off of your BTC (which would be a $1million stash size at 4% withdrawal rate), and if you look at the current BTC bottom price, you will see that it is currently right around $32,200, which means that you need 31.1 BTC to reach that level, but if you were employing a 10% withdrawal rate, then you would need ONLY right around 12.4 BTC to achieve that same results in terms of being able to withdraw at least $3,300 per month..

You can look at the sustainable withdrawal tool, and plug in your own numbers to see how your own numbers play out (or your aspirational numbers) and to play with the tool.. and it seems that part of the trick is getting your BTC stash to a high enough level that you start to feel comfortable with starting to withdraw and including that measuring  from the bottom value will likely allow you to not over do it..  but you still have to have enough coins and to not overly withdrawal, especially if you are still nervous about whether you have enough when you start to withdraw and to live off of them as compared to when you might have had been still in your BTC portfolio building stages. 

because you will be worried about decreasing purchasing power. And so something to keep in mind.

The dollar has been decreasing its purchasing power, but not bitcoin, especially if you are using the 200-WMA as your way to valuate your BTC stash... so yeah, maybe you would not want to start to withdraw too soon if you are measuring that you need $3,300 per month in dollars, but that you expect that you might need $6,600 in the next few years, so then you might want to have a sufficient quantity of BTC as your extra cushion in order to account for the dollar value not going as far as it had gone previously..

A typical model is unable to show the significant additional sequence of returns risk that can be introduced by those problems that arise during a down market.

That is why you measure from the bottom rather than the top, and also the tool reduces the withdrawal authorization amount if the BTC price is less than 25% above the 200-WMA.. yet even with a back testing of the tool, really aggressive withdrawal rates that go even greater than the 6% to 10% rate that I suggest to be sustainable would still have had been sustainable, even given the up and down years... that is one of the amazing things about bitcoin so far in its history.. even though its spot price has been pretty volatile, but if you had been measuring from 200-WMA, then you would have had been able to have an adequate cushion.

I would prefer a 2% risk every year of my total investment. To me, this is safer than going higher for 4%. I am single and have no children so am ok with that.

If you are still building your BTC stash, then you might not even be ready to start withdrawing.. so it may well be way better to keep building until you have enough, and BTC allows much greater withdrawal rates than traditional 4 % patterns which are still pretty whimpy as compared with bitcoin's ongoing powerful performance.

And yeah, no matter what you do, you have to feel comfortable with your withdrawal rate and to make sure that you account for all your expenses, otherwise you are jumping ahead of yourself if you have only accumulated a few BTC but you are expecting a $3.3k monthly income that keeps up with inflation.. .. but if you have 12.4 BTC or more, you are likely in good shape to be withdrawing that quantity and even withdrawing at 6% to 10% per year.

This is what I have understood from your explanation, if the price of bitcoin is going up or generally gaining value even if they seem to be corrections and what seem to be temporal dips when the price drops for a certain period of time and begins to add back again, and if we are looking it from a longer time frame and we notice that the movement of the market is upwards then it us a bull market, and also the same for a bear market when the price is generally moving downwards.

I think why I have always misunderstood this concept was because I was looking at it from a shorter time frame and getting confused due to temporal price correction and I was also thinking or assumed that when ever a dip occurs it was a bear market. I never knew that the market doesn't switch from bull to bear from time to time but rather stays on one trend for a longer time frame.

But I remember that it's good to have senerios or possibilities in short time frame and also longer time frames, where i could plan a set of different possible outcomes that could happen and prepare ahead which I've always been doing for a while now, but before now my focus has been on short time Frames without making preparation for a longer time frame.

You are the one who was falsely proclaiming that we were in a bear market during your accumulation of bitcoin, which surely is not true.. .so maybe it is just best that you stop looking at the price at all.. and don't over invest.. just buy regularly some amount that you can tolerate if you may lose or not, and then after you have been through more than a whole cycle, then reassess the situation at that time.

In other words, you seem to be spending a lot of time worrying which way the BTC price might go, but why should that matter?  Maybe you have a system and you have $400 per month that you could invest (which is $100 per week), so you invest 1/3 or that right away no matter what, and maybe the other 2/3 is used for making sure your finances are in order.. and then as you continue to study bitcoin then maybe you can change your amounts later on.. or if you are comfortable with 1/3 going to DCA right away, 1/3 building your emergency fund, and the other 1/3 to wait to buy on dips, if dips happen, and if they don't you just let that amount build up (which might be called your reserves).

In the end, you have to be comfortable with what you are doing, and if you are not comfortable, then maybe you are investing too much.  It could be that you are investing beyond your level of knowledge and/or your level of comfort... so you just have to take it slower.. until you might be comfortable to become more aggressive.

I frequently have asserted that we should all try to be as aggressive as we can be without overdoing it, and if you don't know some of the basic price dynamics in bitcoin, then you might need to make sure that you are not being more aggressive than the level of your knowledge and/or your comfort.

Tmoonz

Merit: 103

View Profile
March 18, 2024, 02:48:43 AM

irrespective of the unexpected decline in the price of Bitcoin I think it will good for one to have adequate knowledge and understanding of Bitcoin price focasting

Although this has been discussed severally, that the fundamental or basic knowledge is much required in long term Bitcoin investment, unlike the short term investment or trading. However, the long term Bitcoin investment doesn't require much of the technicality in analysing charts using indicators to speculate price movements. It is the Bitcoin traders that mostly focused on Bitcoin price forecasting because their aim is only to maximize profits at the shortest time frame and that is not the concepts of this thread whereas the thread prioritize long term Bitcoin investment plan of about 5 to 10 years or more of having the compounded value of your investment.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Winterfrost

Activity: 586
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 18, 2024, 06:51:05 AM

[edited out]

Yeah, sometimes we might be confusing the definitions, and it seems that bitcoin has a bit of a pattern that justifies the consideration of the 4-year cycle, even if the cycle may well end up getting broken at some point... however, if we already have a pattern of a 4 -year cycle, then, it is likely helpful to at least attempt to recognize that such pattern has so far tended to play around the timeline of the halvening.

So yeah we do not necessarily need to plan out 10 years or more in order to be considered long term, but if we really consider what people might want to do with their investment into bitcoin, then we likely can see that they are wanting to make their lives better in the future.... so yeah.. I suppose that there could be such things as long term, medium term and short term trades, and so any one getting involved in bitcoin for less than 4 years could be trading within various periods of time, yet it would be difficult to classify them as an investor in bitcoin if they have a timeline that is shorter than 4 years.
generally, the predominant reason why most people starch up Bitcoin for the long term is basically to secure their future and ensure that whatever is coming in through the work they are currently doing isn't spent all out for basic short termed needs and that a portion of it is invested into an asset like Bitcoin which will serve to solve a set out future plan or will stand to cover up for whatever unexpected event that will spring out in the future. And so it's important we know that considering one or two years as a long term investment is kind of a short sighted decision and taking up your investment for that short period of time would almost mean you will still spend it for short termed issues which leaves you with nothing to hold on to in the future.

Honestly, Apart from a four years halving pattern that might technically make a four years investment reasonable to some extent, I believe good and profitable investment should last up to the range of  eight years and above and this is never to suggest that those that are working with a four to eight years plan based on thier budget and financial capabilities can't be in good profit but you know, making long term investment isn't all about taking out little profit whenever  you're on the positive side, you've got to be disciplined and futuristic enough to accumulate more within a long period of time which will increase the quantity of your starch at the end of your accumulation and go on to meeting your set out plan.

Before even taking out your investment when you're in profit, it's also good to have a plan on ground regarding what your profit is going into or else you risk wasting your profit into something that's unprofitable and this is one obvious reason why you would need to set out a defined accumulation strategy which will be either the DCA strategy, the lump sum or a combination of the both and also make plan on what you're using your profit for at the end of your investment circle.

Negotiation

Activity: 1050
Merit: 262

Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2024, 07:12:22 AM

Furthermore, your forum registration date is coming upon 5 years, so maybe you are getting close to 5 years of investing into BTC.?
Chapter 1.
Well to the point of old times, I saved some Bitcoin(meaning USD not full Bitcoin) and traded on the Binance platform and won some trade then my balance was around $3k. badly said that my Binance account was lost with $2500+USD in BTC pair.  I can not recovery this account.
Chapter 2.
Since I got married, we have been very separated as a family. Our family refused to accept us because of our love marriage. I now spend the BTC I earn to meet my family's needs, where I can't save a bit even if I want to. But I want to save a bit if possible consistently.

Well.. too bad about chapter 1, and the reality of the matter is that the dollar and BTC is different.  So yeah, you may well have your local currency, so you may well feel some value in holding dollars, but the dollar is still inferior to holding actual BTC, but you still have to be able to hold it .. and of course, I frequently recommend a timeline of 4-10 years or longer in order to be an investor, otherwise you are merely trading in BTC rather than investing, which is your choice.

Regarding your Chapter 2.  If you do not have any disposable income, then you are not in a position to buy BTC, so that is too bad for you if you know about the value of BTC but you are still not able to set aside some of your value to invest into bitcoin for 4-10 years or longer - and your family's life may well be in a better state down the road if you were to be able to follow some kind of an investment plan rather than spending everything that you earn  as soon as you get it.. even if you are ONLY able to invest $10 per week or so.. it is better than nothing.. but again your decision in regards to your own situation in regards if you are actually able to accomplish any such investment based on your own circumstances.. and I would think that if you are a member of this forum (who is actively participating) then at least you have some knowledge about bitcoin.. which puts you at some advantages over members of the regular population.

I know that I have some mistakes and it is very difficult for me to correct them and reorganizing the investment plan is a big challenge for me now. But still I have to do it because I think about my future because if I don't plan and invest in the future I will surely suffer and will not be able to profit very well. I don't know how far I will succeed in my efforts but I will try to eventually accumulate some bitcoins and it will last for 4 to 10 years.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2024, 08:47:58 AM

Everyone must invest according to his own size, and its good that we well know our numbers so that we can make better decisions regarding to the best kind of strategy to implement and how we can plan our investment journey with DCA.

everyone loves buying from the dip cause they accumulate more for cheaper price, but as an investor we must also be well prepared for both market trends and learn to keep on accumulating no matter what, with proper planning and building up our funds we can also grow to better take advantage of those bear season well when we have well built reserves or have found a way to increase or source of income.

I myself prefer to see my bitcoin journey as a normal life experience and I'm trying to build a character around it, making it a lifestyle to think in terms of building up emergency funds, keeping floats and also reserves, this way I feel I am getting ready for any opportunity  I could savour on and since we are in a bull trend having such good dips might not always come by, so when ever of if we have any I could also take advantage of them to.

There are people just got hype up on the idea and think about its good to put everything they have because they are sure about the result on what they are doing. But they forget to settle up their prioritize especially their needs that's why if everything fucks up all their plans to hodl collapsed and worst they sell their bitcoins at losing price. That's why its really better to buy according to their capacity and they make sure that the amount they spent is the amount they can afford to save so that they don't struggle on their daily expenses and can think about more clear since they in control on their investment made.

Actually I total all my profit made every 15 days on my side hustle and I separate it for 50% for investment, 25% for my emergency funds and the other 25% is for my travel expenses. My earnings for my main job is for my bills,daily needs and insurance. For doing this consistently for years I can say I live a comfortable life and away from stress and debts.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Justbillywitt

Activity: 238
Merit: 169

View Profile
March 18, 2024, 09:38:01 AM

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.

I know that I have some mistakes and it is very difficult for me to correct them and reorganizing the investment plan is a big challenge for me now. But still I have to do it because I think about my future because if I don't plan and invest in the future I will surely suffer and will not be able to profit very well. I don't know how far I will succeed in my efforts but I will try to eventually accumulate some bitcoins and it will last for 4 to 10 years.
You just have to start from somewhere and have this determination to do something for yourself by starting now to invest in bitcoin. The bitcoin halving is just few days away and the truth is only people who started their investments after the last circle will benefit more from this bitcoin circle. So your target now should be focused on the next circle that will happen in the next 4 years ahead. It might look like a difficult task but you should do it as if your future depends on it. Just start with your DCA weekly or monthly as you deem fit. Every successful men and women out there started from somewhere and if you read their stories you will understand that it wasn't easy from the beginning. So just organize yourself and start today, don't wait till tomorrow.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Pages: « 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 [346] 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: