Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:22:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 82860 times)
Agbamoni

Activity: 336
Merit: 294

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 03:17:40 PM

Bitcoin investment is a long time investment and when going into it you should always have it at the back of your mind.
I'm not saying buying Bitcoin when is low is bad I'm only saying when ever you have the money to invest don't wait for it to come down because in the cause of waiting it may be going higher or in the cause of waiting you may use the money to settle emergency issue.
So there's no perfect time to invest in Bitcoin if you are planning on hodling for long term or if you start accumulation journey.
The first and foremost goal of those of us who invest in Bitcoin is to hold our investment for a long period of time. We all have a tendency to buy bitcoins when we see that the price of bitcoins is high then we wait for bitcoins to be low. Maybe many people think this is the best time to buy Bitcoin. But you mentioned that you don't wait for the price of Bitcoin to fall because it can rise again. If you don't care about Bitcoin price going up and down then you should go for DCA.

If you start investing using the dollar cost averaging method, you don't have to worry about the price of bitcoins going down or up. You can buy bitcoins anytime and save them for investment. So set a fixed average price and hold accordingly by buying bitcoins.
People who focus too much on the rise and fall of Bitcoin prices, perhaps these people are not long-term investors, but medium or short-term investors. So for them, the rise and fall in prices that occur in Bitcoin really determines their profits. In contrast to long-term bitcoin investors, they will definitely not focus too much on observing the market every day or every week. Because long-term investors have goals over a long period of time. So the current increase or decrease in the price of bitcoin does not have much impact on them. So long-term investors in bitcoin, look at the market when they want to buy, or when they just want to know the price development.

And DCA is probably a strategy used by many long-term investors in bitcoin. Because with DCA the accumulation of money in bitcoin becomes regular without having to look at the price of the bitcoin. Apart from that, the DCA strategy is also very useful for bitcoin investors whose income is not too large. So in essence, bitcoin investment uses the DCA strategy, giving hope for anyone to be able to invest according to their abilities.
Your right and you have spoken well. It is true that anyone investing in Bitcoin without a goal is calling for more risk to his investment. In as much as Investment is involves risk including Bitcoin investment. It doesn't mean that risk can't be avoided or limited. With long term and investor can possibly reduce risk since he is not investing with or against the market price (always timing the market before buying). But with short term then such investor should be ready to fall into higher risk.

Many preach about long term but i am certain that only few practices it. It is in human nature to be unsatisfied which calls for greed, once some investors have seen good profit or small profit, they do not care about the long term they have been planning on since they will be triggered to sell and take their profit.

What people do not know is that every long-term investment has a maturity date, so investing in long term is just like plating a seed for and watering it for years until the maturity date is reached and when you plug it down you will reap more benefit than when you harvested such seeds before the maturity date. These are just simple life pratices and when an investor can't have patience then he is bound to fail.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
nara1892

Activity: 1582
Merit: 660

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 03:44:44 PM

The first and foremost goal of those of us who invest in Bitcoin is to hold our investment for a long period of time. We all have a tendency to buy bitcoins when we see that the price of bitcoins is high then we wait for bitcoins to be low. Maybe many people think this is the best time to buy Bitcoin. But you mentioned that you don't wait for the price of Bitcoin to fall because it can rise again. If you don't care about Bitcoin price going up and down then you should go for DCA.

If you start investing using the dollar cost averaging method, you don't have to worry about the price of bitcoins going down or up. You can buy bitcoins anytime and save them for investment. So set a fixed average price and hold accordingly by buying bitcoins.
People who focus too much on the rise and fall of Bitcoin prices, perhaps these people are not long-term investors, but medium or short-term investors. So for them, the rise and fall in prices that occur in Bitcoin really determines their profits. In contrast to long-term bitcoin investors, they will definitely not focus too much on observing the market every day or every week. Because long-term investors have goals over a long period of time. So the current increase or decrease in the price of bitcoin does not have much impact on them. So long-term investors in bitcoin, look at the market when they want to buy, or when they just want to know the price development.

And DCA is probably a strategy used by many long-term investors in bitcoin. Because with DCA the accumulation of money in bitcoin becomes regular without having to look at the price of the bitcoin. Apart from that, the DCA strategy is also very useful for bitcoin investors whose income is not too large. So in essence, bitcoin investment uses the DCA strategy, giving hope for anyone to be able to invest according to their abilities.

Yes, that's right and I think there's nothing wrong here, you explained in simple terms what the two investors who used two analyzes, namely technical and fundamental, did in the accumulation they did. Fluctuations are a normal thing that happens in the market because after all that is the nature of the market and that will also determine whether you will end the investment session or plan with a profit or a loss. On the other hand, as you said, people who focus too much on the ups and downs of market prices are short-term traders, yes maybe that's true, but I think we can also say the same thing about investors who have long-term planning, or what that means is Long-term investors also do the same thing, but perhaps over a different period of time.

Actually, everyone has their own choice regarding which one they will choose between being a short-term or long-term investor, there are always advantages and disadvantages, and for short-term investors, perhaps they should be able to focus more in terms of seeing current market movements. This occurs because they have a short-term approach which is usually vulnerable to being aggressively impacted by market fluctuations, which means potential losses are more likely to occur. Meanwhile, for long-term investors, I think they will not feel too tense by seeing the current fluctuations, because they have long-term planning, even though we don't know what will happen to bitcoin in the next 10 - 15 years, but if we look history has happened, bitcoin has had a significant increase, so I think it is not wrong to suggest that it is better to have long-term planning when you want to engage in accumulation. And you have said the right things regarding DCA which is a good alternative to help achieve maximum profits in the future as long as you can remain consistent in your allocation. Wink

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Roseline492

Activity: 294
Merit: 177

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2024, 04:30:17 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Now in your country if you are being paid N150k a month investing N30k every week will it still be seen as aggressive investment or not I think it will be.
I gave example of dollar and I think it should be viewed in your own individual countries.

Is obviously an aggressive investment because like you said if you are being paid N150k on a monthly basis and you decided to invest N30k on a weekly basis there is a higher chance that you could run into trouble on the process because for instance the total money is N150k and weekly accumulation is N30k so that means N30k*4=N120k for four weeks and you will be left with only N30k so you can see that is obviously an aggressive investment because there is no way N30k will be able to serve you till another month when perhaps you have a family.

Preferably since you are earning N150k on a monthly basis you could draw your investment calendar that from the N150k you will be investing N10k on a weekly basis and you will see that that the total amount you will spend on the four weeks will be N40k while you will still have N110k remaining on your balance, with this way you will hadly be affected on the process.

CcnoutChopper19

Activity: 10
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 05:16:40 PM

Levels of aggressiveness should not be measured in absolute terms, but instead within the amount of discretionary income that you have, and so yeah a person with higher income could buy more BTC but that does not necessarily make him more aggressive than someone with lower income and who might be using all of his discretionary income to buy BTC.  Maybe we can take some extreme examples.

One guy has $100 per month of discretionary income and he uses all of it to buy BTC.. This guy is quite aggressive and maybe even bordering on over aggressiveness (especially if he miscalculates his expenses or if he does not have reserves in place).

Another guy has $2k per month of discretionary income and he invests around $100 per week into bitcoin, which might be considered moderate and maybe even whimpy.
Of course it is true that someone can increase purchases aggressively when their finances increase from the income they earn. I think everyone has an uncertain income in their job like a monthly bonus from where they work. so their routine of executing $10 per week can certainly change to be more aggressive such as increasing it to $50.

I even often do this where when my finances improve from average or get a bonus, of course I can increase to be more aggressive in the next purchase. So, if income is relatively stable, of course we will return to the initial planning by executing at the usual level that we have done.

Without realizing it, over a long period of time, our BTC holdings increased faster than the initial plan because at each stage we could act aggressively or continue to try to increase the amount of purchases to become larger.
This comprises the investment journey of an average investor. I feel that only the rich are comfortably being aggressive in their investment and not everyone has an uncertain income in their job. There are investors that has a fixed income for a long time and by so doing they only stick to buying through DCA.

That may be true, but honestly I don't think it's right to say that rich people are “comfortable” being aggressive in terms of their bitcoin investment involvement, because I think no matter how rich you are if for example you treat investments that always tend to lead to aggressive actions then surely there will be at least some tension and pressure that you will most likely feel because of the fear of experiencing losses. So maybe it's more accurate to say that rich people are those who are “likely” to be able to try some aggressive actions in their investments.

In terms of income yes I agree with you that not everyone has a steady income or income in life, but it is a fact that often the problem of uncertain income is what makes investors have to experience delays, on the other hand I believe that DCA is an effective way to maximize future profits but sometimes when you are experiencing problems in terms of income in your life then it is definitely possible for you to experience delays in allocation that can interfere with something that should be done with consistency, I don't know whether or not luck of the draw plays a role here, but certainly success is more likely when you have a good, stagnant income without any problems which makes it easier to maintain your DCA strategy.
I_Anime

Activity: 392
Merit: 173

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 06:06:24 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

That may be true, but honestly I don't think it's right to say that rich people are “comfortable” being aggressive in terms of their bitcoin investment involvement, because I think no matter how rich you are if for example you treat investments that always tend to lead to aggressive actions then surely there will be at least some tension and pressure that you will most likely feel because of the fear of experiencing losses. So maybe it's more accurate to say that rich people are those who are “likely” to be able to try some aggressive actions in their investments

Well being rich is already an advantage when it comes to Accumulating, same as being aggressive, the only reason one will feel any tension or pressure, is due to lack of proper knowledge about bitcoin. Because bitcoin ain't some kind of shitcoins, that  one should be feeling tensed or pressure whenever they Invested in it . That's why long-term investment in Bitcoin is just the best , because aslong one have already fixed their mind for long-term holding, they won't be bothered by the market conditions, instead focus more on accumulating more bitcoin, being aggressive as they can without over doing it.

In terms of income yes I agree with you that not everyone has a steady income or income in life, but it is a fact that often the problem of uncertain income is what makes investors have to experience delays, on the other hand I believe that DCA is an effective way to maximize future profits but sometimes when you are experiencing problems in terms of income in your life then it is definitely possible for you to experience delays in allocation that can interfere with something that should be done with consistency, I don't know whether or not luck of the draw plays a role here, but certainly success is more likely when you have a good, stagnant income without any problems which makes it easier to maintain your DCA strategy

Imo if someone is experiencing any financial situation or problem, is better to reduce their amount for accumulating for a while than stopping totally. So it won't affect their state of being consistent. Like for instance one amount for accumulation, was $100 weekly , he or she may choose to reduce it to $50 weekly inorder to take care of that financial situation or problem they are facing at that time around

Justbillywitt

Activity: 252
Merit: 219

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 06:10:45 PM
Merited by Mr.suevie (3), JayJuanGee (1), Davidvictorson (1)

Levels of aggressiveness should not be measured in absolute terms, but instead within the amount of discretionary income that you have, and so yeah a person with higher income could buy more BTC but that does not necessarily make him more aggressive than someone with lower income and who might be using all of his discretionary income to buy BTC.  Maybe we can take some extreme examples.

One guy has $100 per month of discretionary income and he uses all of it to buy BTC.. This guy is quite aggressive and maybe even bordering on over aggressiveness (especially if he miscalculates his expenses or if he does not have reserves in place).

Another guy has $2k per month of discretionary income and he invests around $100 per week into bitcoin, which might be considered moderate and maybe even whimpy.
Well i total agree with you and I love the example you gave below, aggressive Investment is not only putting all your funds in bitcoin without having reserved and emergency, sometimes investing %70 of your fund in bitcoin without considering the level of your discretionary and emergency fund can as well be seen as aggressive. if you received $1500 and you invest $300 each every week, making a total of $900 per month left with $600, that is a bad aggressive Investment and surely the person is over doing it. because your bitcoin Investment should be done in a manner that you will not over do it. It will definitely affect you or Put you in a tight corner. If you Invest $900 on bitcoin how much will you use for feeding and running family expenses? Or how much will you set aside for emergency and reserved? Surely if you over invest in Bitcoin, the $600 available amount you will not be enough for  emergency and reserved. Definitely it will affect your bitcoin HODLing. Though it depends on you and how you can be able to manage your family. If its you alone you can cope but if it's a large family I doubt if you can manage. The point of the matter is that don't over invest what you can not afford to lose that will make you to sell you bitcoin HODLing down the road because of not having a discretionary fund to back you up.
You can invest aggressively when you have the funds to do that, the most important thing is that you don't over do it, if not it will affect you, and you will end up selling some part of your bitcoin to cover up some emergencies that will arise. Your emergency funds should be in a good condition because that is what will determine how aggressive you will be in buying either monthly or weekly.

Let me start by correcting you, if some one invest $300 every week, in a month time the person will spend a total of $1,200 and not $900 as we have 4 weeks that makes up a month.

Going further with what you said earlier, it all depends on the size of your family and the region you are living, there are some people who can survive with $200 monthly. If you have a small family surviving with $600 will be enough, and this $600 dollars some people can still allocate like $200 into their emergency funds account. See if you want to build for the future there are certain sacrifices you have to make, you have to cut down on some certain things you know you can do with and only get those things you know you can't survive the month without it. We make investment to secure our future, so and doing that there are certain things you have to let go like clubbing every weekend and spending money on hard drugs, women, if you can be able to control your spending on these things I mentioned above you will see that $600 will be enough to carry you for a month, even if you have a family of 3 or 4. Like I said earlier, it all depends on your country of residence.

Sim_card

Activity: 448
Merit: 407

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2024, 06:16:43 PM

Of course it is true that someone can increase purchases aggressively when their finances increase from the income they earn. I think everyone has an uncertain income in their job like a monthly bonus from where they work. so their routine of executing $10 per week can certainly change to be more aggressive such as increasing it to $50.

I even often do this where when my finances improve from average or get a bonus, of course I can increase to be more aggressive in the next purchase. So, if income is relatively stable, of course we will return to the initial planning by executing at the usual level that we have done.

Without realizing it, over a long period of time, our BTC holdings increased faster than the initial plan because at each stage we could act aggressively or continue to try to increase the amount of purchases to become larger.
This comprises the investment journey of an average investor. I feel that only the rich are comfortably being aggressive in their investment and not everyone has an uncertain income in their job. There are investors that has a fixed income for a long time and by so doing they only stick to buying through DCA.

That may be true, but honestly I don't think it's right to say that rich people are “comfortable” being aggressive in terms of their bitcoin investment involvement, because I think no matter how rich you are if for example you treat investments that always tend to lead to aggressive actions then surely there will be at least some tension and pressure that you will most likely feel because of the fear of experiencing losses. So maybe it's more accurate to say that rich people are those who are “likely” to be able to try some aggressive actions in their investments.

In terms of income yes I agree with you that not everyone has a steady income or income in life, but it is a fact that often the problem of uncertain income is what makes investors have to experience delays, on the other hand I believe that DCA is an effective way to maximize future profits but sometimes when you are experiencing problems in terms of income in your life then it is definitely possible for you to experience delays in allocation that can interfere with something that should be done with consistency, I don't know whether or not luck of the draw plays a role here, but certainly success is more likely when you have a good, stagnant income without any problems which makes it easier to maintain your DCA strategy.

Agbamoni is right about rich people being more aggressive than the average and poor. This because, the rich has different sources of income in which one of them can serve as his emergency funds already built and he does not need to start building up an emergency funds. Also he will also have funds available at all time to enable him buy bitcoin with the three buying strategies which is the dip, regular DCA and lump sum.

You should also note that the size of your emergency funds is what will determine how aggressive you will be. This is why the rich will not feel any tension or pressure and the fear of running at loss because they know what they are investing in that they will not be selling it too soon but hodli for a long term because they know it is an investment and they understand what an investment is. They can survive without thinking of their bitcoin investment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
promise444c5

Merit: 169

Keep Promises !

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 08:41:22 PM

Imo if someone is experiencing any financial situation or problem, is better to reduce their amount for accumulating for a while than stopping totally.
The word Reduce  isn't a bad I deal actually but could go a long way in determining the rate at which the investment plan is being reduced not actually against it but it might bring about getting to give up on investment maybe.... instead increasing the time intervals in one investment should be a better idea just saying..... with this there shouldn't  be any decrease in one's investment plan but increase at the time between which the investing will be done  without having to stress it the hard way Smiley

Miles2006

Merit: 163

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 08:50:05 PM

Agbamoni is right about rich people being more aggressive than the average and poor. This because, the rich has different sources of income in which one of them can serve as his emergency funds already built and he does not need to start building up an emergency funds. Also he will also have funds available at all time to enable him buy bitcoin with the three buying strategies which is the dip, regular DCA and lump sum.

You should also note that the size of your emergency funds is what will determine how aggressive you will be. This is why the rich will not feel any tension or pressure and the fear of running at loss because they know what they are investing in that they will not be selling it too soon but hodli for a long term because they know it is an investment and they understand what an investment is. They can survive without thinking of their bitcoin investment.
This is correct as wealthy investors can invest aggressively without any trouble, taking for example a lot of wealthy investors who started buying aggressively from their early investment and still managed every necessity to push the investment aggressively like the reserve, emergency funds being in order. Even if any investor will be willing to invest aggressively as other wealthy investors the investor should reason first if they’re comfortable being too aggressive mostly cause not all investor will invest same way as most of them will take time to learn and plan more before going all and even before all this they’ll have to consider their emergency funds and planning. Secondly any wealthy investor who has chosen the part to buy aggressively should be consistent as investing in bitcoin requires consistent not minding any strategy including the dca strategy also.
Bravut

Activity: 112
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 10:49:01 PM

Now in your country if you are being paid N150k a month investing N30k every week will it still be seen as aggressive investment or not I think it will be.
I gave example of dollar and I think it should be viewed in your own individual countries.

Is obviously an aggressive investment because like you said if you are being paid N150k on a monthly basis and you decided to invest N30k on a weekly basis there is a higher chance that you could run into trouble on the process because for instance the total money is N150k and weekly accumulation is N30k so that means N30k*4=N120k for four weeks and you will be left with only N30k so you can see that is obviously an aggressive investment because there is no way N30k will be able to serve you till another month when perhaps you have a family.

Preferably since you are earning N150k on a monthly basis you could draw your investment calendar that from the N150k you will be investing N10k on a weekly basis and you will see that that the total amount you will spend on the four weeks will be N40k while you will still have N110k remaining on your balance, with this way you will hadly be affected on the process.

Your calculations is right and informative Mate.
Such is very aggressive as well as exhausting for anyone to keep up accumulating, there is possibilities of lagging behind. You can't meet up, even that method you don't have any discretionary and emergency funds, to keep up with as you're accumulating. Needs will always arise, the fact is wether aggressive or conservative it shouldn't be exhausting.

From your calculations of investing N10k weekly, that's N40k monthly, one with such pay can accumulate with ease as well as step up with time sns have more liquid funds.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 308
Merit: 204

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 10:52:02 PM

Preferably since you are earning N150k on a monthly basis you could draw your investment calendar that from the N150k you will be investing N10k on a weekly basis and you will see that the total amount you will spend on the four weeks will be N40k while you will still have N110k remaining on your balance, with this way you will hadly be affected on the process.
Smilevictorobinna stated clearly in his example that the 30k investment is a monthly investment in bitcoin and not a weekly investment. The N30k monthly investment in bitcoin is not aggressive investment because N120k is enough to cover the investor's daily expenses until he or she receives another salary. Do not also forget that before the investor starts his or her Bitcoin investment, he or she has kept emergency funds that can last him or her for three months, reserved funds, and float. All these funds will assist the investor in solving any financial problems that his monthly salary can't solve, and the financial problem that's at hand will determine if the investor will use emergency funds, reserved funds, and float to solve the problem. That is why it is important to readily make available emergency funds, reserved funds, and float so that you will see what to use to solve your unforeseen problems whenever they arise and you will not depend on your bitcoin investment to solve them.

Jegileman

Activity: 350
Merit: 186

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 03:50:20 AM

My example of $600 is for countries using dollar, we all no that dollar when converted is a big money in a lot of under developed countries, so using my example and placing it in ur country is wrong of you.

Investing N30K every week in a monthly pay of N150K is not advisable and if you continue in this manner, you might have to borrow from that your investment to fend for yourself again. N30K weekly is equivalent to spending N120K monthly on your investment when your pay check monthly is just N150K, that’s about 80% of your total monthly earning been invested into bitcoin. This can not be sustainable for you for a whole month when you don’t have another source of income.

As a single person and how the economy of your country is, without having any dependency on you to spend on, N30K monthly will no sustain you and in two weeks time depending on you manage the money, you’ll still go and take from that investment which is something to be avoided by all means if not it will take longer time to reach your target goal of bitcoin accumulation. This is only possible if you have another means again asides from your monthly salary of N150K.

KeenanEl19

Activity: 30
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 04:19:08 AM

but we should think about and have an emergency fund first, not before making an investment, whether it's Bitcoin investment or other investments. also have other income or income that can clearly be obtained as capital for survival. Having an emergency fund is very helpful, not only when we invest, but even when we don't invest, having an emergency fund, in my opinion, is something that we have to think about and have, because if we live life it won't always be good. Of course, there are times when we experience problems or disasters that can happen and to overcome them we have to use a certain amount of funds which may not be small, and at this time emergency funds are very useful.

With those who are considered rich people, of course they probably won't panic too much or worry too much about experiencing losses from the investments they make, because they have emergency funds that have been well prepared. Also, we should not sell our Bitcoin investments in a hurry, because it is not recommended if it is not yet the time. Surviving for a long period of time is what must be done, but not everyone can do that.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10329

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 05:04:00 AM

Well i total agree with you and I love the example you gave below, aggressive Investment is not only putting all your funds in bitcoin without having reserved and emergency, sometimes investing %70 of your fund in bitcoin without considering the level of your discretionary and emergency fund can as well be seen as aggressive. if you received $1500 and you invest $300 each every week, making a total of $900 per month left with $600, that is a bad aggressive Investment and surely the person is over doing it. because your bitcoin Investment should be done in a manner that you will not over do it. It will definitely affect you or Put you in a tight corner. If you Invest $900 on bitcoin how much will you use for feeding and running family expenses? Or how much will you set aside for emergency and reserved? Surely if you over invest in Bitcoin, the $600 available amount you will not be enough for  emergency and reserved. Definitely it will affect your bitcoin HODLing. Though it depends on you and how you can be able to manage your family. If its you alone you can cope but if it's a large family I doubt if you can manage. The point of the matter is that don't over invest what you can not afford to lose that will make you to sell you bitcoin HODLing down the road because of not having a discretionary fund to back you up.
You can invest aggressively when you have the funds to do that, the most important thing is that you don't over do it, if not it will affect you, and you will end up selling some part of your bitcoin to cover up some emergencies that will arise. Your emergency funds should be in a good condition because that is what will determine how aggressive you will be in buying either monthly or weekly.

You seem to have a lot of the ideas correct, but I am a bit confused by your example, and also a lot of the time, once the emergency fund is set, then it is largely never going to be touched, absent an actual emergency and if you have some reserves already in place, you may well not even need to dip into your emergency fund since your reserves and you float should be able to  cover irregularities.

Your own example is confusing because when you give examples the starting points should describe the income as compared with the expenses in order that we are able to figure out how much discretionary income is available for investing.. so if we see that the discretionary income is not enough, then the person is over investing, or if he had not already established an emergency fund and reserves then he might be over investing, but from your example we do not know enough regarding what is the actual discretionary income in order to be able to determine if he is doing too much.

I am not even opposed to a guy investing 100% of his discretionary income into bitcoin as long as he has a sufficient emergency fund and float - but if he has made miscalculations and does not have those back ups then he might end up having to dip into his BTC at a time that is not completely of his own choosing.

The emergency fund should generally be a minimum of 3 months of cash or cash equivalents - something that is fairly easy to access and is denominated in your local currency, yet I know some folks would prefer to hold their emergency fund in dollars, even if they have a different local currency, and so that might not be a problem as long as there are ways to easily move into the local currency or that the dollars would be accepted for expenses if you were to have to use your emergency funds for your expenses or surprise expenses.

So in conclusion, investing in Bitcoin has many paths and many (complex) ways, depending on the situation of the person who wants to invest. And in my opinion, it doesn't matter how, or what path you take when you start investing in bitcoin, but the most important thing is to learn about bitcoin first.
My advice to newbies today is, buy at the DIP to get more units in Bitcoin as soon as possible, and study later. Let the greed guide you now and learn about it later. But I'm very confident that after a newbie starts to learn more and more, and goes deeper and deeper into his path, he/she will stay for the revolution. Many of us came here because of greed and stayed for other reasons, DEEPER reasons. Good luck on your journey my fellow plebs.
I hate to beat a dead horse even more dead, but you are asking for it.. Wind_FURY.. hahahahahaha

In other words, if you are a newbie to bitcoin.. no  need to wait for any dip

For a newbie no coiner or low coiner,** get the fuck started as soon as possible so that you can at least have some bitcoin, and think about price later.. maybe 1-2 years after you have been stacking sats for a while.. and studying about bitcoin and other personal financial management matters along the way... .. but other than that.. it seems that I agree with what you are saying.

**By the way, when I mention low coiner, I am not suggesting that you have to rush to reach your bitcoin accumulation target, since that could take 10-20 years or more, yet a low coiner might be someone who is purposefully investing into bitcoin in a whimpy way, so there may be some need to increase your level of investment into bitcoin, which might be facilitated just by buying bitcoin regularly and studying into bitcoin further in order to gain confidence and then to potentially have some abilities to increase BTC accumulation aggressiveness in the direction of being less whimpy.
Hahahaha no, keep beating it and let the people decide which strategy is for THEM. They can DCA or wait for a DIP to buy more units in Bitcoin - if they want. In fact, the current price level TODAY is a DIP from $70,000.

hahahaha.. you enjoy the repetition of theme, and surely we have a thread that seems to have a bit of a focus on buying the dip, even though many times someone who is regularly DCAing will already be buying the dip and also buying the non-dip and perhaps even claiming that s/he cannot really know how much of a dip is a dip and if it might keep dipping.

Your rounding the top to $70k seems a bit understating our current high was $73,794 on March 13, and that is nearly 5.5% higher than your rounded off number.. and yeah some of those details can make a bit of a difference in terms of measuring how much of a dip are we in and how much of a dip have we gotten so far.  Surely the low of this particular dip has so far gotten down to $56,500, which is 23.5%, and that is a pretty decent dip, if any one had gotten any coins in the $56.5k to $60k territories, since currently we are at $62,462 as I type this post, which is ONLY about a 15.5% dip from the top, and yeah those numbers could make differences that matter for some folks buying BTC, and again, there may well be some DCA'ers who are continuing to buy in the last several months, even prior to these latest dips and they are largely accumulating BTC, and maybe they are paying a bit more per BTC, but they don't really know how waiting around for a dip is going to help to prepare them for UP, so it may well be better to have a bit of a higher average and to continue to invest rather than spending too much time waiting around for dips that might or might not end up happening.

The main point/context of the post is, buy Bitcoin NOW, then research/learn more about it later. It's obviously an irresponsible suggestion,

Hahahahaha.. not so obvious to me. I think that the main thing a person should know is his/her own finances, and their feelings and knowledge about bitcoin as compared to other possible investments is ONLY one of the 9 factors that they can learn along the way.

but I believe Bitcoin had already proven itself as no mere shitcoin. There's an ETF made for it, there are debates in political circles about it, the network has been chugging along producing block after block without downtime, and if you zoom out to the maximum - the price is in a super cycle. Why? Because the central banks simply can't stop printing more money.

Those are still basics and background ideas that people can learn about as they go, and in the meantime, they just get started with their $10 per week or whatever while they are learning about bitcoin, and their having had started to invest into it will surely help them to pay more attention than if they were just sitting back and waiting ... sure if they are skeptical  and maybe they could invest $100 per week, but instead they choose $10 per week and as they study the matter, they might become more convicted about bitcoin later down the road, but at least they had gotten started... maybe too whimpily, but better than nothing, which is where the overwhelming majority of the population (perhaps in the ballpark of 99%) is..

[edited out]
My example of $600 is for countries using dollar, we all no that dollar when converted is a big money in a lot of under developed countries, so using my example and placing it in ur country is wrong of you.

Let's not get distracted by currencies.. We use dollars as a reference, but you can convert it to your own currency.

If the guy makes $1,500 per month, and he has $600 worth of expenses, then he has $900 of discretionary income.

You can talk about niara.. but you are going to confuse people, so give your example in dollars, even if you might be referring to the niara... The principles are still going to be the same.  You have a certain amount of income that is coming in and then you have a certain amount of expenses that you need to pay out, and what is left is your disposable income. 

If your income and your expenses are bouncing all over the place each month, then your disposable income will be bouncing all over the place too.  so each of us has to figure out how to deal with large fluctuations in our income and/or our expenses, and emergency funds, reserves and float become more important in the situations where the income and/or expenses bounce around a lot.  Since this a general thread, there should be no issue about my country versus your country, especially since we can convert to the dollar to have a common reference and if the examples are not realistic, then maybe we are not using realistic numbers.  Truly a lot of people have a hard time consistently investing/saving 10% of their income, so if you are using examples in which discretionary income is way higher than 10% or even greater than 50%, then that might start to seem unrealistic and maybe you have to explain.. .. and surely there are some people who purposefully choose to live a very modest life and they have a lot of discretionary income that they are able to invest, and those people likely are in a better position to invest into bitcoin and into other things (hopefully not shitcoins), but still discretionary income gives a lot of freedom to people when they are in positions of having such a thing.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Smilevictorobinna

Activity: 42
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 06:14:47 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2024, 06:50:50 AM by Smilevictorobinna

You seem to have a lot of the ideas correct, but I am a bit confused by your example, and also a lot of the time, once the emergency fund is set, then it is largely never going to be touched, absent an actual emergency and if you have some reserves already in place, you may well not even need to dip into your emergency fund since your reserves and you float should be able to  cover irregularities.

Your own example is confusing because when you give examples the starting points should describe the income as compared with the expenses in order that we are able to figure out how much discretionary income is available for investing.. so if we see that the discretionary income is not enough, then the person is over investing, or if he had not already established an emergency fund and reserves then he might be over investing, but from your example we do not know enough regarding what is the actual discretionary income in order to be able to determine if he is doing too much.

I am not even opposed to a guy investing 100% of his discretionary income into bitcoin as long as he has a sufficient emergency fund and float - but if he has made miscalculations and does not have those back ups then he might end up having to dip into his BTC at a time that is not completely of his own choosing.

The emergency fund should generally be a minimum of 3 months of cash or cash equivalents - something that is fairly easy to access and is denominated in your local currency, yet I know some folks would prefer to hold their emergency fund in dollars, even if they have a different local currency, and so that might not be a problem as long as there are ways to easily move into the local currency or that the dollars would be accepted for expenses if you were to have to use your emergency funds for your expenses or surprise expenses.
What I was trying to say is that, if you are working and you are been paid $1500 a month and you are investing $300 every week on Bitcoin you are investing aggressively because if you invest $300 every week that is $300*4=$1200 for four weeks and you will be lift with $300 how then can you save your emergency, reserves and float funds remember this emergency, reserves and float funds those not just appear you save for it and you keep saving for it.
So if you follow the example I gave when you are lift with $300 how much will you save for your emergency, reserves and float funds and how much we be lift for you to run your expenses for that month. The only way possible is when you have already saved your emergency, reserves and float funds for years and is enough before starting your investment.

From my first example the investor has not established his emergency, reserves and float funds so if his been paid $1500 and then his investing $300 every week for 4 weeks on Bitcoin his over investing.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10329

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 07:03:07 AM

[edited out]
What I was trying to say is that, if you are working and you are been paid $1500 a month and you are investing $300 every week on Bitcoin you are investing aggressively because if you invest $300 every week you will be lift with $300 how then can you save your emergency, reserves and float funds remember this emergency, reserves and float funds those not just appear you save for it and you keep saving for it.

To me it is still confusing, since in order to figure out if something is overly aggressive or not, we still need to start with figuring out what is our discretionary income, so you need to start by showing income as compared with expenses in order to show what is the discretionary income.  So from my point of view you seem to be assuming too many things, and sure you might be correct in some of those assumptions.

Another thing that I already mentioned is that if your emergency fund, reserves and float is already in place, then there would be no need to build them or have money for them because they are already there.  However, if you are building them up, then surely they get built up from the discretionary income, so that takes away from how much discretionary income that you would have left for investing into bitcoin.

Any prudent person would not decide how much to invest into bitcoin prior to knowing his discretionary income, even though you may well be implying that the amount selected is within discretionary income, while at the time trying to provide an example that is obviously over the top, but you should not get that extreme (or also unrealistic from my point of view), since like I already said you need to give some kind of numbers for expenses so that we know how much money we have, and if you are saying that the whole $1,500 is discretionary income because the expenses have already been taken care of, even that seems unrealistic even for a guy who might be living with his parents.  Everyone has some levels of expenses.

Another mistake that many of you are making is to presume that there are 4 weeks in a month, when the fact of the matter is that there is like 4.33 weeks in a month (remember 52 weeks in a year, not 48 weeks), so that makes a difference.

So if you follow the example I gave when you are lift with $300 how much will you save for your emergency, reserves and float funds and how much we be lift for you to run your expenses.

Maybe you do live with your parents if you believe that you can get all of that, including your expenses from $300 per month.

In other words, you cannot be fucking around with hypotheticals that are all over the place.  Tell us from the start what are the expenses.  Yes, they are going to vary with people, but for the sake of the hypothetical, we need to know that in advance prior to figuring out how much we have left for investing and/or for building our emergency funds and reserves, in the case that those systems are not already in place.

If you do not have emergency funds, reserves and/or float, I personally suggest to build them simultaneously while investing into bitcoin, yet of course, there is going to be quite a bit of personal discretion regarding how to do it in terms of how nervous any of us might be in regards to whether we have enough emergency funds, reserves and float, and part of the reason to have those things in the first place is so that you do not ever have to dip into your bitcoin investment at a time that is other than your completely own choosing, so if you do not have any bitcoin investment, then you are just building your various funds and holding cash which surely does not tend to be a great place to keep a lot of value, even though you do need to keep some amount of value in cash and more and more in cash the larger that your bitcoin investment grows. since you would not want to be forced into selling BTC at a time that is not of your own complete choosing.

Details are going to vary, but I personally would choose to build the emergency fund at the same rate as building the BTC holdings at least until you get up to 3 months worth of expenses in your emergency fund, and then once you reach 3 months in your emergency fund, then you might want to start to build some of your reserves (and many of us already are used to having some kind of float), but reserves can be used for all kinds of things.. for example, money set aside for buying BTC on dips, saving for a bicycle, keeping money in reserves to go out to special restaurant from time to time, saving for a new car or perhaps keeping a fund for car repairs, and all kinds of miscellaneous categories to the extent that that kind of money might not already be somewhat generally covered by whatever cash float that you might maintain from month to month... .. or between the times of paying certain bills that might have some variance (electricity, food, transportation or whatever those costs could vary quite a bit from month to month  and the float might be extra that you have available in case one or the other of them is particularly higher than expected for the month).

The only way is possible is when you have already saved your emergency, reserves and float funds for years and is enough before starting your investment.

There is no need to presume impossible levels, yet sure there is going to be some variation in terms if people might have already been investing, saving or engaging in sound personal financial management practices prior to getting into bitcoin, but we do not necessarily need to presume that to be the case, yet if someone has very strong finances when coming into bitcoin, then they will be able afford to be even more aggressive in their start to bitcoin as compared to someone who might not have very many of those systems in place. 

I have frequently speculated that many normies have practices of perhaps having a couple of weeks of float in their finances, and maybe there are some that might have a whole month or 6 weeks, but many folks tend to run their finances in paycheck to paycheck kinds of ways in which they do not have very much of a cash float.  So if they are getting into bitcoin, then they are going to have to build better practices, since merely having only a couple of weeks float or even up to 6 weeks worth of float, is not generally going to be enough to provide strong assurances that the newbie investor is not going to need to dip into his bitcoin investment at a time that is not completely of his own choosing, so anyone who has a 2-6 week float is likely going to need to build their emergency fund from that and to temper their own bitcoin investment levels in such a way that they are building at least an emergency fund of 3 months of their expenses, and yeah maybe their investment into bitcoin and their building of their emergency fund reach 3 months of their expenses in size at around the same time, and yeah, it could take 6-12 months just to get to that point, depending on the level of discretionary income that the person has.. so I am not going to presume that they can build those up very fast if they are already in a relatively weak practice of ONLY maintaining a 2-6 week float... but whatever, individuals may well vary in terms of their abilities to draw from some other sources of savings and/or investments that they might have had.. otherwise all of this is coming from their discretionary income, including that they might need to spend some time building up their discretionary income by increasing their income or cutting their expenses.

From my first example the investor has not established his emergency, reserves and float funds so if his been paid $1500 and then his investing $300 every week on Bitcoin his over investing.

Yes you clarified it, and thanks for that, yet it still sucks as an example for the reasons that I already stated and additionally, are you even trying to be realistic with this example? since the example does not completely help us to figure out why the guy is overinvesting, even though surely the facts are not controversial, and so maybe in that sense you are creating a strawman hypothetical, yet it is still so unrealistic that it is not really stimulating any of us to think in clear ways, including that you really did not make it clear from the start, and you still are not making it clear because you are failing/refusing to specify expenses.. which should be something that anyone should already have some pretty good ideas about whenever they start to invest, they should have a pretty good idea of their income and their expenses, so that they know how much discretionary income that they have to even be qualified to start to invest (other wise they are gambling and/or too unorganized) and yeah there are people who do not have their finances in order, but we should not be using those kinds of folks as models, but instead trying to help them to show them what kinds of ways they need to "get their shit together".. personal financial matters I mean, and if their personal financial matters are in a pretty BIG disarray, that does not mean that they cannot start investing into bitcoin, but they might have to take a fairly small position while they are otherwise organizing their personal financial matters in a way to make them have cushions so that they never have to sell any BTC at a time that is not of their complete own choosing, and if they cannot do that, then they are gambling rather than investing.. which is not recommended, even though people do it.. but we do not aspire to be like the traders and gamblers.. especially with bitcoin, since that is a losers game, unless you happen to have had developed special skills, and we are not going to presume special skills, so that's part of the reason to start with investing into BTC prior to trading and/or gambling of BTC.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Justbillywitt

Merit: 219

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 07:07:11 AM

if you received $1500 and you invest $300 each every week, making a total of $900 per month left with $600, that is a bad aggressive Investment and surely the person is over doing it. because your bitcoin Investment should be done in a manner that you will not over do it. It will definitely affect you or Put you in a tight corner. If you Invest $900 on bitcoin how much will you use for feeding and running family expenses? Or how much will you set aside for emergency and reserved?
the scenario you've painted here depends a lot on the individual that's involved, but for most cases, I think that investing $900 while using $600 to run your monthly expenses isn't a bad idea. If I tailor this down to my situation where $600 is equivalent to N780k of my currency which to be honest is enough to take care of an average household for at least three months, then, it's not a bad decision if someone that earns such amount of money within a month decides to make such form of aggressive investment.
You can't actually blame him for using your example and placing it on his country, because you left your information open without being specific, therefore giving people opportunity to interprete it differently. That's why it's I always encourage people to always specific or give full details when writing a post so that anyone who is reading through it will know the angle you are talking from thereby reducing their ability to give your write up a different meaning. Meanwhile not all the countries that are using dollars are using are using the same dollars. We have the Canadian dollar,  Australian dollar, Zimbabwe dollar, United States dollar, and these dollars don't have same value in the stock exchange or money market. So next when make a post it will be helpful to other readers if you are more specific with your statement as it will avoid some unnecessary debate and argument.

Roseline492

Merit: 177

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2024, 07:21:55 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), rachael9385 (1)

Imo if someone is experiencing any financial situation or problem, is better to reduce their amount for accumulating for a while than stopping totally.
The word Reduce  isn't a bad I deal actually but could go a long way in determining the rate at which the investment plan is being reduced not actually against it but it might bring about getting to give up on investment maybe.... instead increasing the time intervals in one investment should be a better idea just saying..... with this there shouldn't  be any decrease in one's investment plan but increase at the time between which the investing will be done  without having to stress it the hard way Smiley

You are getting it all wrong because reducing your accumulation amounts if you are having some financial challenges can never lead you into giving up an investment because if the the source of income is low and the needs are a little bit high cutting down a bit of your accumulation will actually allow you to balance, however on the contrary your narrative on or rather your mindset could lead you into trouble on your investment if you are not able to Identify when the need to adjust your accumulation amounts arises, however if I may ask for instance your normal weekly accumulation is $20 while your monthly salary is $100 but on the process your salary drops to $60 on a monthly basis and your needs has increase would you reduce your accumulation amounts to either $5 or $10 weekly? Or would you continue with your normal $20 weekly?, because for me at this points $20 weekly is actually being aggressive and could get you into trouble.

Smilevictorobinna

Activity: 42
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 07:33:49 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2024, 07:47:05 AM by Smilevictorobinna

[edited out]
What I was trying to say is that, if you are working and you are been paid $1500 a month and you are investing $300 every week on Bitcoin you are investing aggressively because if you invest $300 every week you will be lift with $300 how then can you save your emergency, reserves and float funds remember this emergency, reserves and float funds those not just appear you save for it and you keep saving for it.

To me it is still confusing, since in order to figure out if something is overly aggressive or not, we still need to start with figuring out what is our discretionary income, so you need to start by showing income as compared with expenses in order to show what is the discretionary income.  So from my point of view you seem to be assuming too many things, and sure you might be correct in some of those assumptions.

Another thing that I already mentioned is that if your emergency fund, reserves and float is already in place, then there would be no need to build them or have money for them because they are already there.  However, if you are building them up, then surely they get built up from the discretionary income, so that takes away from how much discretionary income that you would have left for investing into bitcoin.

Any prudent person would not decide how much to invest into bitcoin prior to knowing his discretionary income, even though you may well be implying that the amount selected is within discretionary income, while at the time trying to provide an example that is obviously over the top, but you should not get that extreme (or also unrealistic from my point of view), since like I already said you need to give some kind of numbers for expenses so that we know how much money we have, and if you are saying that the whole $1,500 is discretionary income because the expenses have already been taken care of, even that seems unrealistic even for a guy who might be living with his parents.  Everyone has some levels of expenses.

Another mistake that many of you are making is to presume that there are 4 weeks in a month, when the fact of the matter is that there is like 4.33 weeks in a month (remember 52 weeks in a year, not 48 weeks), so that makes a difference.
From the dictionary Discretionary income is the amount of an individual's income that is left for spending, investing, or saving after paying taxes and paying for personal necessities, such as food, shelter, and clothing. Discretionary income includes money spent on luxury items, vacations, and nonessential goods and services.

I agree with you I should have written the discretionary income in the example I gave in other to make it more understanding to people.
If after setting aside money for your expenses for that month and you have already established your emergency, reserves and float funds like you said I think you can use your Discretionary income to invest on Bitcoin and I think that way you are not over investing.
promise444c5

Merit: 169

Keep Promises !

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 10:33:44 AM

Edited out
You are getting it all wrong because reducing your accumulation amounts if you are having some financial challenges can never lead you into giving up an investment because if the the source of income is low and the needs are a little bit high cutting down a bit of your accumulation will actually allow you to balance, however on the contrary your narrative on or rather your mindset could lead you into trouble on your investment if you are not able to Identify when the need to adjust your accumulation amounts arises, however if I may ask for instance your normal weekly accumulation is $20 while your monthly salary is $100 but on the process your salary drops to $60 on a monthly basis and your needs has increase would you reduce your accumulation amounts to either $5 or $10 weekly? Or would you continue with your normal $20 weekly?, because for me at this points $20 weekly is actually being aggressive and could get you into trouble.
This shouldn't  be very hard actually.... all you need is increasing the time interval still you find a way to get back to your $100 and if you actually read carefully I didn't totally go against the reduction  but I wasn't totally in support with it .
Let's break it down
I am a worker, I get a monthly  salary of 100 bucks.... my DCA $20 weekly  fir total $80 monthly taking the remaining 20 bucks for expenses
Now I got a slice on my monthly pay of 40 bucks  and  I now earn $60 monthly..
How can I do this by not reducing  my DCA value... I shifted my DCA to 2weeks interval $20  making $40  a month with same $20 left for my expenses.... instead of reducing and getting comfortable  with a new DCA  of $10/week  

Although  at the end we should come to a total of $40 but  anything less won't give us a $40  however, when I'm finally back to $100 it might be a little bit hard to switch back to $20/week as I'm pretty much used to investing $10/week

Pages: « 1 ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 »
  Print  

Jump to: