Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 08:56:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Bitcoin, and HODL!  (Read 85691 times)
Freddie Boyer

Activity: 294
Merit: 20

Crypto WEB3 Neobank

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 10:47:19 AM

Although  at the end we should come to a total of $40 but  anything less won't give us a $40  however, when I'm finally back to $100 it might be a little bit hard to switch back to $20/week as I'm pretty much used to investing $10/week

A good pattern and I believe your source of income is not only salary, there is another and so it will be very easy to continue to make purchases continuously.

I use DCA if indeed my salary results have shown normal conditions and the most I prioritize Buy BTC if my performance benefits are paid so that I also consider it as fresh funds that I can use up to 20% of the total. The important thing is that I have started with real calculations.

I believe the doubling of the value of my investment in BTC in the future is not mere nonsense and will become a reality in the future.

I believe it.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
Sim_card

Activity: 462
Merit: 416

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2024, 11:45:18 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Levels of aggressiveness should not be measured in absolute terms, but instead within the amount of discretionary income that you have, and so yeah a person with higher income could buy more BTC but that does not necessarily make him more aggressive than someone with lower income and who might be using all of his discretionary income to buy BTC.  Maybe we can take some extreme examples.

One guy has $100 per month of discretionary income and he uses all of it to buy BTC.. This guy is quite aggressive and maybe even bordering on over aggressiveness (especially if he miscalculates his expenses or if he does not have reserves in place).

Another guy has $2k per month of discretionary income and he invests around $100 per week into bitcoin, which might be considered moderate and maybe even whimpy.
Well i total agree with you and I love the example you gave below, aggressive Investment is not only putting all your funds in bitcoin without having reserved and emergency, sometimes investing %70 of your fund in bitcoin without considering the level of your discretionary and emergency fund can as well be seen as aggressive. if you received $1500 and you invest $300 each every week, making a total of $900 per month left with $600, that is a bad aggressive Investment and surely the person is over doing it. because your bitcoin Investment should be done in a manner that you will not over do it. It will definitely affect you or Put you in a tight corner. If you Invest $900 on bitcoin how much will you use for feeding and running family expenses? Or how much will you set aside for emergency and reserved? Surely if you over invest in Bitcoin, the $600 available amount you will not be enough for  emergency and reserved. Definitely it will affect your bitcoin HODLing. Though it depends on you and how you can be able to manage your family. If its you alone you can cope but if it's a large family I doubt if you can manage. The point of the matter is that don't over invest what you can not afford to lose that will make you to sell you bitcoin HODLing down the road because of not having a discretionary fund to back you up.
You can invest aggressively when you have the funds to do that, the most important thing is that you don't over do it, if not it will affect you, and you will end up selling some part of your bitcoin to cover up some emergencies that will arise. Your emergency funds should be in a good condition because that is what will determine how aggressive you will be in buying either monthly or weekly.

You seem to have a lot of the ideas correct, but I am a bit confused by your example, and also a lot of the time, once the emergency fund is set, then it is largely never going to be touched, absent an actual emergency and if you have some reserves already in place, you may well not even need to dip into your emergency fund since your reserves and you float should be able to  cover irregularities.

Your own example is confusing because when you give examples the starting points should describe the income as compared with the expenses in order that we are able to figure out how much discretionary income is available for investing.. so if we see that the discretionary income is not enough, then the person is over investing, or if he had not already established an emergency fund and reserves then he might be over investing, but from your example we do not know enough regarding what is the actual discretionary income in order to be able to determine if he is doing too much.

I am not even opposed to a guy investing 100% of his discretionary income into bitcoin as long as he has a sufficient emergency fund and float - but if he has made miscalculations and does not have those back ups then he might end up having to dip into his BTC at a time that is not completely of his own choosing.

The emergency fund should generally be a minimum of 3 months of cash or cash equivalents - something that is fairly easy to access and is denominated in your local currency, yet I know some folks would prefer to hold their emergency fund in dollars, even if they have a different local currency, and so that might not be a problem as long as there are ways to easily move into the local currency or that the dollars would be accepted for expenses if you were to have to use your emergency funds for your expenses or surprise expenses.
What I was trying to say is that, if you are working and you are been paid $1500 a month and you are investing $300 every week on Bitcoin you are investing aggressively because if you invest $300 every week that is $300*4=$1200 for four weeks and you will be lift with $300 how then can you save your emergency, reserves and float funds remember this emergency, reserves and float funds those not just appear you save for it and you keep saving for it.
So if you follow the example I gave when you are lift with $300 how much will you save for your emergency, reserves and float funds and how much we be lift for you to run your expenses for that month. The only way possible is when you have already saved your emergency, reserves and float funds for years and is enough before starting your investment.

From my first example the investor has not established his emergency, reserves and float funds so if his been paid $1500 and then his investing $300 every week for 4 weeks on Bitcoin his over investing.
Yea, nobody will disagree with you that the investor having $1500 as his monthly income and invested $1200 into bitcoin is over investing. You should know that you are to invest into bitcoin based on your discretionary income, and for anyone that wants to get into bitcoin having an income of $1500 monthly, he does not have to invest $300 weekly, but he can invest that $300 monthly, which is 20% of your income either once or dividing it into 4 parts which will be $75 or he can divide it into two parts which is $150 and DCA biweekly, it all depends on the one that will be more convenient for him. He can start saving $500 for his emergency funds, and $700 for all his monthly needs and expenses.

If he has built up his emergency funds up to 3 months at least, he can then divert the $500 to build up a reserve funds, and after that float, while he continues with his regular $300 monthly. There is a level that he will reach in which he has built his emergency funds, reserve funds and float to, that he will feel he can divert some part of that $500, maybe $200 to buy bitcoin aggressively during a particular period of time in order for him to accumulate more bitcoin within a short period of time.

This is why one must know how he wants to start investing and how much he can use to invest based on his discretionary income that will not affect his bitcoin accumulation journey to decline but rather incline. I will go with what JJG said that instead of waiting to build your emergency and reserve funds first, it is better that you build it along the line while investing in bitcoin, because it is possible and will of more advantage to you.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Barikui1

Activity: 224
Merit: 179

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 12:10:57 PM

Imo if someone is experiencing any financial situation or problem, is better to reduce their amount for accumulating for a while than stopping totally.
Edited out
You are getting it all wrong because reducing your accumulation amounts if you are having some financial challenges can never lead you into giving up an investment because if the the source of income is low and the needs are a little bit high cutting down a bit of your accumulation will actually allow you to balance, however on the contrary your narrative on or rather your mindset could lead you into trouble on your investment if you are not able to Identify when the need to adjust your accumulation amounts arises, however if I may ask for instance your normal weekly accumulation is $20 while your monthly salary is $100 but on the process your salary drops to $60 on a monthly basis and your needs has increase would you reduce your accumulation amounts to either $5 or $10 weekly? Or would you continue with your normal $20 weekly?, because for me at this points $20 weekly is actually being aggressive and could get you into trouble.
This shouldn't  be very hard actually.... all you need is increasing the time interval still you find a way to get back to your $100 and if you actually read carefully I didn't totally go against the reduction  but I wasn't totally in support with it .
Let's break it down
I am a worker, I get a monthly  salary of 100 bucks.... my DCA $20 weekly  fir total $80 monthly taking the remaining 20 bucks for expenses
Now I got a slice on my monthly pay of 40 bucks  and  I now earn $60 monthly..
How can I do this by not reducing  my DCA value... I shifted my DCA to 2weeks interval $20  making $40  a month with same $20 left for my expenses.... instead of reducing and getting comfortable  with a new DCA  of $10/week  

Although  at the end we should come to a total of $40 but  anything less won't give us a $40  however, when I'm finally back to $100 it might be a little bit hard to switch back to $20/week as I'm pretty much used to investing $10/week

Your suggestion is actually not a bad idea, but to be frank, it will be fair for an individual to split it and invest what he actually can afford to do without, I don't know what our separate monthly expenses might be, but we knows ourselves better than anyone else, so it would be best we invest what we can do away without or I will say it like, we should only be investing what we can afford, as long as their is consistency in our DCA accumulating strategy then it's ok.

To me, it's not a big deal to reduce the size of your monthly or weekly investment money, if their is a sudden declined of your monthly or weekly income, so it's very much logical that in other to keep up to the continuity of your investment, you just have to reduce it, because slow progress is still a progress, as long as you don't stop.

Agbamoni

Activity: 350
Merit: 299

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 12:53:05 PM

You are getting it all wrong because reducing your accumulation amounts if you are having some financial challenges can never lead you into giving up an investment because if the the source of income is low and the needs are a little bit high cutting down a bit of your accumulation will actually allow you to balance, however on the contrary your narrative on or rather your mindset could lead you into trouble on your investment if you are not able to Identify when the need to adjust your accumulation amounts arises, however if I may ask for instance your normal weekly accumulation is $20 while your monthly salary is $100 but on the process your salary drops to $60 on a monthly basis and your needs has increase would you reduce your accumulation amounts to either $5 or $10 weekly? Or would you continue with your normal $20 weekly?, because for me at this points $20 weekly is actually being aggressive and could get you into trouble.

t's okay to adjust your investment strategy as your circumstances change. The goal is to prioritize your well-being while still building a secure financial future. Meanwhile it may sound easy for old investors while new investors find it very challenging, and they do not the right approach during such situation. If an investor new or old is using dca as his investment strategy then it is quite simple here, since dca involves investing a particular percentage, what we should do is to calculate the right percentage based on the new income rate so that there will be still balance in the investment and other necessary things.

Also, at this point if the investor was buying aggressively or was diversifying into other assets he needs to stop for some time, the criteria should be finding a way to come back up with enough money which means it is good he channel the money into other business or something that would give him more money so that he would go back to the way things were or more.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
laijsica

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 01:24:47 PM

Although  at the end we should come to a total of $40 but  anything less won't give us a $40  however, when I'm finally back to $100 it might be a little bit hard to switch back to $20/week as I'm pretty much used to investing $10/week

A good pattern and I believe your source of income is not only salary, there is another and so it will be very easy to continue to make purchases continuously.

I use DCA if indeed my salary results have shown normal conditions and the most I prioritize Buy BTC if my performance benefits are paid so that I also consider it as fresh funds that I can use up to 20% of the total. The important thing is that I have started with real calculations.

I believe the doubling of the value of my investment in BTC in the future is not mere nonsense and will become a reality in the future.

I believe it.

Yes you are right that if we have multiple sources of income it can be easier to manage our DCA and increase the investment at a higher rate in stages. BTC deposit strategy following DCA strategy is comparatively very easy and regular and buying habit can give very high profit later and definitely safe fund for you. You consider it your fund and it is a very good decision to hold BTC. But you have to take care of this fund and to keep it running regularly and uninterruptedly, investment experts recommend following certain methods. You must have some cash that you can use or spend during emergencies without interfering with your investment funds. Because you may not get back your original margin if the investment fund is withdrawn midway for emergency needs, so it is important to keep an emergency fund of 3-6 months to reach your desired goal and continue investing for a long time. Everyone wants to hold for a long time to protect their investments.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Tmoonz

Activity: 182
Merit: 144

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 02:18:01 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2024, 03:02:35 PM by Tmoonz

[edited out]
What I was trying to say is that, if you are working and you are been paid $1500 a month and you are investing $300 every week on Bitcoin you are investing aggressively because if you invest $300 every week you will be lift with $300 how then can you save your emergency, reserves and float funds remember this emergency, reserves and float funds those not just appear you save for it and you keep saving for it.

To me it is still confusing, since in order to figure out if something is overly aggressive or not, we still need to start with figuring out what is our discretionary income, so you need to start by showing income as compared with expenses in order to show what is the discretionary income.  So from my point of view you seem to be assuming too many things, and sure you might be correct in some of those assumptions.

Another thing that I already mentioned is that if your emergency fund, reserves and float is already in place, then there would be no need to build them or have money for them because they are already there.  However, if you are building them up, then surely they get built up from the discretionary income, so that takes away from how much discretionary income that you would have left for investing into bitcoin.

Any prudent person would not decide how much to invest into bitcoin prior to knowing his discretionary income, even though you may well be implying that the amount selected is within discretionary income, while at the time trying to provide an example that is obviously over the top, but you should not get that extreme (or also unrealistic from my point of view), since like I already said you need to give some kind of numbers for expenses so that we know how much money we have, and if you are saying that the whole $1,500 is discretionary income because the expenses have already been taken care of, even that seems unrealistic even for a guy who might be living with his parents.  Everyone has some levels of expenses.

Another mistake that many of you are making is to presume that there are 4 weeks in a month, when the fact of the matter is that there is like 4.33 weeks in a month (remember 52 weeks in a year, not 48 weeks), so that makes a difference.
From the dictionary Discretionary income is the amount of an individual's income that is left for spending, investing, or saving after paying taxes and paying for personal necessities, such as food, shelter, and clothing. Discretionary income includes money spent on luxury items, vacations, and nonessential goods and services.

I agree with you I should have written the discretionary income in the example I gave in other to make it more understanding to people.
If after setting aside money for your expenses for that month and you have already established your emergency, reserves and float funds like you said I think you can use your Discretionary income to invest on Bitcoin and I think that way you are not over investing.

Just as @JayjuanGee will usually say that you can only invest disposable and discretional income such that if you don't have your life expenses or needs covered up, then you may end up gambling with your investment by attenting to sell too soon or early, it is best you have your personal life needs and emergency funds sufficiently covered up, and by definition, you needed to have either income or side amount of savings that is greater than your expenses in order to be able to invest and if you do no have such access then you are gambling than investing.That is true as it is your discretional and disposable income after taken care of your personal needs and provisional emergency which are most important before investmenting in Bitcoin that gives you a good mindset of investing only the money that you are not going to make use of which will help in building a good psychology towards your investment in terms of investmenting not more than what you can afford to lose because you were able to satisfy your personal needs comfortably before considering Bitcoin investment and that will enable you have a good peace of mind needed to make an informed decisions that will accompany you in your accumulation process or journey.

Although  at the end we should come to a total of $40 but  anything less won't give us a $40  however, when I'm finally back to $100 it might be a little bit hard to switch back to $20/week as I'm pretty much used to investing $10/week

I believe it.

There is no guarantee as to that regards and it is good we build our psychology in that manner of considering both positive and negative outcomes of our investment, every business comes with it shares of gain and loss hence, building your psychology in terms of positive and negative outcomes of your investment and if possibly consider a worst case scenerio which may or may not happen. However, it is a good thing for the love and commitment majority of us have as regards to the potential Bitcoin holds but yet there is no guarantee or certainty of having the double of the value of our investment in btc in the future, but we might still need  to have or consider what we believe to have possibilities as it gives us that mindset to focus more on what can be achieved rather than thinking about limitations.

Obim34

Activity: 266
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 02:25:14 PM

Imo if someone is experiencing any financial situation or problem, is better to reduce their amount for accumulating for a while than stopping totally.
The word Reduce   isn't a bad I deal actually but could go a long way in determining the rate at which the investment plan is being reduced not actually against it but it might bring about getting to give up on investment maybe.... instead increasing the time intervals in one investment should be a better idea just saying..... with this there shouldn't  be any decrease in one's investment plan but increase at the time between which the investing will be done  without having to stress it the hard way Smiley

Yes, all what you said is right. There is every need to be able to detect when and how to strategies our accumulating process to be as much comfortable without resulting to not living comfortable after investing. Cutting off our DCA amount is not a bad idea, in as much the need arises. It is suppoossingly something of vice versa, if the salary declines there is a need to cut the accumulation amount and if there is an increase aswell it is better to also increase the accumulating amount.

@Roseline492 don't you think a person earning a salary of $100 monthly mean while investing $20 weekly is very much aggressive, I know it is just for an instance but at most examples like this should be more realistic. Out of that $100, a good investor is entitled to keep his emergency/reserve funds and also carry out his DCA approach yet live very conveniently.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Rustam Meraj

Activity: 154
Merit: 173

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 03:06:36 PM

Yes you are right that if we have multiple sources of income it can be easier to manage our DCA and increase the investment at a higher rate in stages. BTC deposit strategy following DCA strategy is comparatively very easy and regular and buying habit can give very high profit later and definitely safe fund for you. You consider it your fund and it is a very good decision to hold BTC. But you have to take care of this fund and to keep it running regularly and uninterruptedly, investment experts recommend following certain methods. You must have some cash that you can use or spend during emergencies without interfering with your investment funds. Because you may not get back your original margin if the investment fund is withdrawn midway for emergency needs, so it is important to keep an emergency fund of 3-6 months to reach your desired goal and continue investing for a long time. Everyone wants to hold for a long time to protect their investments.
Yes you make valid point that having multiple sources of income make it easier to invest regularly means day by day or week by week or even month by month and increase your investment. Investing in Bitcoin using regular deposit strategy (DCA) is great way to grow your money and keep it safe. It is good idea to think about this investment for long term and always try  to keep adding money into it. It is also good that you should have some extra money to keep it separate in case of emergency so you will not withdraw from your investment when market go down or you are in loss.

Miles2006

Activity: 266
Merit: 170

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 04:24:13 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2024, 04:34:58 PM by Miles2006

t's okay to adjust your investment strategy as your circumstances change. The goal is to prioritize your well-being while still building a secure financial future. Meanwhile it may sound easy for old investors while new investors find it very challenging, and they do not the right approach during such situation. If an investor new or old is using dca as his investment strategy then it is quite simple here, since dca involves investing a particular percentage, what we should do is to calculate the right percentage based on the new income rate so that there will be still balance in the investment and other necessary things.

Also, at this point if the investor was buying aggressively or was diversifying into other assets he needs to stop for some time, the criteria should be finding a way to come back up with enough money which means it is good he channel the money into other business or something that would give him more money so that he would go back to the way things were or more.
Basically the reason why it’s best to adjust is because we want the best for our bitcoin investment, the reason why I mentioned investment is because if an investor refuse to adjust for awhile when facing challenges the investor might end up finishing their emergency funds which is not advisable and when there’s no room for adjustment I believe the investor will go for his reserve and other funds which make their accumulation go smoothly and will end up withdrawing his bitcoin investment so quickly because there’s no sufficient money to balance their needs. I’m just creating an example so at this point the investor will be tag as a greedy investor who loss at end. Sometimes I reason generally, people chase after big things and end up losing it so quickly, why not adjust for awhile till when there’s a better source of income cause I’m sure adjusting using a different amount can still build a good portfolio if only the investor continues without missing the date set for accumulating. Secondly if we adjust due to challenges, we can still increase after everything and sometimes we end up earning higher and increase far beyond previous amount. What I understood by buying aggressive and I practice is it takes gradual process not just going all into at once, I will definitely increase my accumulation amount as time goes on at my comfortable zone cause there’s no law that state dca strategy must go with a fixed amount rather you can increase anytime you have the amount.
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 322
Merit: 228

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 04:46:27 PM

The word Reduce  isn't a bad I deal actually but could go a long way in determining the rate at which the investment plan is being reduced not actually against it but it might bring about getting to give up on investment maybe.... instead increasing the time intervals in one investment should be a better idea just saying..... with this there shouldn't  be any decrease in one's investment plan but increase at the time between which the investing will be done  without having to stress it the hard way Smiley

If you are having financial difficulties in the process of accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy, there is a need for you to reduce your DCA accumulation amount so that you can adjust your expenses to the new funds you are receiving at the end of each month. It is only if you stick with your old DCA accumulation amount that you will want to give up on accumulating bitcoin because you will be using most of your money to accumulate bitcoin. The money you will have left will not be enough to take care of living expenses, and you will get tired of accumulating bitcoin because you are struggling to meet your living expenses. Secondly, what will also make you give up on your investment is when you stop accumulating bitcoin. Imagine accumulating bitcoin worth $50, and in the process of accumulation, you start having a financial problem and decide to stop accumulating bitcoin. You will wake up one morning and sell your bitcoin investment because you aren't accumulating bitcoin again, and the amount of money you invested in bitcoin before you stopped accumulating it is small. Reducing your bitcoin accumulation amount will not make you give up on your bitcoin accumulation plan, but it will help you to accumulate bitcoin and also solve your living expenses easily.

Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 224
Merit: 35

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 05:12:52 PM

The word Reduce  isn't a bad I deal actually but could go a long way in determining the rate at which the investment plan is being reduced not actually against it but it might bring about getting to give up on investment maybe.... instead increasing the time intervals in one investment should be a better idea just saying..... with this there shouldn't  be any decrease in one's investment plan but increase at the time between which the investing will be done  without having to stress it the hard way Smiley

If you are having financial difficulties in the process of accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy, there is a need for you to reduce your DCA accumulation amount so that you can adjust your expenses to the new funds you are receiving at the end of each month. It is only if you stick with your old DCA accumulation amount that you will want to give up on accumulating bitcoin because you will be using most of your money to accumulate bitcoin. The money you will have left will not be enough to take care of living expenses, and you will get tired of accumulating bitcoin because you are struggling to meet your living expenses. Secondly, what will also make you give up on your investment is when you stop accumulating bitcoin. Imagine accumulating bitcoin worth $50, and in the process of accumulation, you start having a financial problem and decide to stop accumulating bitcoin. You will wake up one morning and sell your bitcoin investment because you aren't accumulating bitcoin again, and the amount of money you invested in bitcoin before you stopped accumulating it is small. Reducing your bitcoin accumulation amount will not make you give up on your bitcoin accumulation plan, but it will help you to accumulate bitcoin and also solve your living expenses easily.

That is just the simple truth, that's why we keep on discussing that one should not over invest because if you over invest where you find it deficult it will still require cutting down, the best is to start small when you accelerate to certain financial standard where you have seen that increasing your accumulation won't worry one can increase because over investing makes you too worried if good  reserve is not there to sustain your daily responsibilities.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Salahmu

Activity: 434
Merit: 286

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2024, 06:10:17 PM

I don't quit understand the point you are trying to make because it seems you don't understand much about the use of DCA because from your Statment you seem to presume DCA strategy is only a method that requires huge amount of money before utilizing it because I wonder why you would only use DCA strategy only when your salary is normalized, however I want to inform you that the use of DCA strategy doesn't only involves an investor that has a huge capital but also someone who doesn't have much funds because their is no discrimination in terms of DCA usage.

Perhaps even if you are earning $50 in a monthly basis you can still be consistent on either weekly or monthly accumulation of Bitcoin, for instance since your total monthly funds is $50 you can strategize your accumulation plans to monthly basis using $10 because going above that can easily affect your investment but however if on the process your salary increases or having more other source of income you can then bring it down to a weekly accumulation.

BABY SHOES

Activity: 350
Merit: 481

HODL - BTC

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 06:37:33 PM

I don't quit understand the point you are trying to make because it seems you don't understand much about the use of DCA because from your Statment you seem to presume DCA strategy is only a method that requires huge amount of money before utilizing it because I wonder why you would only use DCA strategy only when your salary is normalized, however I want to inform you that the use of DCA strategy doesn't only involves an investor that has a huge capital but also someone who doesn't have much funds because their is no discrimination in terms of DCA usage.

Perhaps even if you are earning $50 in a monthly basis you can still be consistent on either weekly or monthly accumulation of Bitcoin, for instance since your total monthly funds is $50 you can strategize your accumulation plans to monthly basis using $10 because going above that can easily affect your investment but however if on the process your salary increases or having more other source of income you can then bring it down to a weekly accumulation.
But maybe what he means is that his current monthly salary is not enough to do the DCA method so he says wait for the normal time for his payday, usually so the basic salary is just right for his needs so we assume this is normal because we never know other people's income.

If what he says is more of a lumpsum purchase let alone going to buy bitcoin using 20% lump sum money whatever the method is go ahead if you believe in bitcoin investment do what you can to buy bitcoin as a future asset.

$50 monthly salary will not be enough to make ends meet especially when they already have a family and children then it will not be enough to do DCA but I don't know if in other countries $50 is enough for one month, for me it's better to find other sources of income then these funds can be accumulated for DCA every time you get for example once a month.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
SHUFFLE.COM███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████    ████    ██
Next Generation Crypto Casino
██    ████    ████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 10377

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 06:45:08 PM

Meanwhile not all the countries that are using dollars are using are using the same dollars. We have the Canadian dollar,  Australian dollar, Zimbabwe dollar, United States dollar, and these dollars don't have same value in the stock exchange or money market. So next when make a post it will be helpful to other readers if you are more specific with your statement as it will avoid some unnecessary debate and argument.

Presumptively, unless someone specifies which kind of dollars that they are using, we are going to presume that they are talking about USD US dollars, if they are referring to dollars.. so I doubt that saying dollars is ambiguous... and surely if they are referring to some other kind of dollar, then they should clarify their reference and maybe even suggest why they might need to refer to such different currency, if it is not clear from the contents of their post.

[edited out]
From the dictionary Discretionary income is the amount of an individual's income that is left for spending, investing, or saving after paying taxes and paying for personal necessities, such as food, shelter, and clothing. Discretionary income includes money spent on luxury items, vacations, and nonessential goods and services.

So fucking what that whatever dictionary you read has some further explanations, and are you even contesting that the most basic idea of discretionary income and the way that we are talking about discretionary income in this thread has to do with figuring out the difference between your income and your expenses?

I am suggesting that you need to be way more specific, and I am even providing you with fairly straight-forward guidelines regarding how to clarify your points, and then you come up with some mumbo jumbo technical dictionary explanation that does not even mention the idea of the difference between income and expenses as being the main idea that I am trying to get you to focus upon. .but for some reason you don't believe it?  What I am saying does not make sense to you?  Do you disagree or you just want to continue to spout out vague ideas without getting into the basic starting point concepts of comparing income to expenses in order to arrive at discretionary income?

I agree with you I should have written the discretionary income in the example I gave in other to make it more understanding to people.  If after setting aside money for your expenses for that month and you have already established your emergency, reserves and float funds like you said I think you can use your Discretionary income to invest on Bitcoin and I think that way you are not over investing.

Maybe you are staring to get it?  I feel like I am repeating myself, but at least you are mentioning expenses in terms of your consideration, yet you still seem to believe that expenses are some kind of variable that is all over the place, when they usually can be established in terms of some of the expenses are fixed and other expenses are discretionary.. Some expenses can be deferred and others have to be paid right away, and surely there is variance in terms of fixed and discretionary expenses, because sometimes fixed expenses can also be deferred and frequently there will be costs involved with deferring fixed expenses., but anyhow, the punchline, as I already attempted to proclaim, several times, is to start by figuring out your income minus your expenses in order to figure out your discretionary income.. and also as I already mentioned, you may or may not already have various systems of emergency funds, reserves and cash floats that you are in the habit of maintaining, and to the extent that they might be inadequate, then they are going to be built up from your discretionary income.. which means that it is after you have already figured out your expenses and to the extent that sometimes some of the expenses can be cut and/or deferred too, which could end up affecting how well you can build up any reserve funds that you have or how much you might be wanting (or able to) invest into bitcoin, whether we are calculating monthly or weekly or some other ways of categorizing timelines to measure your discretionary income..  another term for discretionary income is disposable income.. .which largely refers to the same concept but sometimes people will talk about disposable income to refer to extra income that they have after they have accounted for their expenses.

Edited out
This shouldn't  be very hard actually.... all you need is increasing the time interval still you find a way to get back to your $100 and if you actually read carefully I didn't totally go against the reduction  but I wasn't totally in support with it .
Let's break it down
I am a worker, I get a monthly  salary of 100 bucks.... my DCA $20 weekly  fir total $80 monthly taking the remaining 20 bucks for expenses

why are you guys coming up with such dumb examples in which guys have an income of $100, and they are able to invest 80% into bitcoin because their monthly expenses are ONLY $20.  It hardly makes any sense.

How can I do this by not reducing  my DCA value... I shifted my DCA to 2weeks interval $20  making $40  a month with same $20 left for my expenses.... instead of reducing and getting comfortable  with a new DCA  of $10/week  

These points kind of make sense, even though your numbers do not seem very realistic in terms of monthly expenses for anyone being ONLY 20% of their income, unless the person is in a more rich category.. so for example a person might be living in a place in which his expenses are only a few hundred a month, and his salary is $1k to $2k per month, but yeah, maybe you guys need to describe how you are coming up with examples of ONLY having expenses of $20 per month and how that might be realistic and also how the same guy might have an income of between $60 to $100 per month?  Sure there could be some situations of informal economy and maybe you live on a farm and you raise your own food or you trade your food for someone else's food and maybe you perform labor in order to live in your house, and you don't have to pay electricity because it is free or it does not exist... but still the numbers see strange, even though surely I know some folks do have real low incomes.. yet are we even being realistic?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
promise444c5

Activity: 308
Merit: 176

Keep Promises !

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 07:02:32 PM

These points kind of make sense, even though your numbers do not seem very realistic in terms of monthly expenses for anyone being ONLY 20% of their income, unless the person is in a more rich category.. so for example a person might be living in a place in which his expenses are only a few hundred a month, and his salary is $1k to $2k per month, but yeah, maybe you guys need to describe how you are coming up with examples of ONLY having expenses of $20 per month and how that might be realistic and also how the same guy might have an income of between $60 to $100 per month?  Sure there could be some situations of informal economy and maybe you live on a farm and you raise your own food or you trade your food for someone else's food and maybe you perform labor in order to live in your house, and you don't have to pay electricity because it is free or it does not exist... but still the numbers see strange, even though surely I know some folks do have real low incomes.. yet are we even being realistic?
$20 per month is obviously a random value Grin
Sure it wasn't  realistic....
I was just only following the previous example so not making a twist i did use same values just for the exp.
But to be Frank we still have some workers over here earning below $100 monthly which is why our government sucks Tongue

CcnoutChopper19

Activity: 11
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 07:24:54 PM

Let's break it down
why are you guys coming up with such dumb examples in which guys have an income of $100, and they are able to invest 80% into bitcoin because their monthly expenses are ONLY $20.  It hardly makes any sense.

Yup you're right, at first glance it doesn't make much sense to have that much left over, is that like saying that a person only needs a drink to keep them alive? No, that's too small to be the amount of expenses for everyone alive. Quite the opposite is true, which is the fact that sometimes people have expenses that are much larger than what they earn each month.

Regardless of how much they make each month, whether it's $100 or more or whatever, I honestly don't believe that they only have 20% of their expenses for the entire month. Furthermore, I think allocating an amount that's too large like 80% or more is definitely an allocation that would make me feel very tense and probably a lot of anxiety, because I'll never lose sight of the fact that investing is always a risky activity anyway, and I think it's unlikely that someone would be able to justify their decision if their allocation is that large. Another thing for me and I think the best approach to accumulation is to allocate 20% to bitcoin, keep 20% as an emergency fund for things that might happen unexpectedly, and the remaining 60% to make ends meet.
Ambatman

Activity: 322
Merit: 166

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2024, 07:30:00 PM

examples of ONLY having expenses of $20 per month and how that might be realistic and also how the same guy might have an income of between $60 to $100 per month?  Sure there could be some situations of informal economy and maybe you live on a farm and you raise your own food or you trade your food for someone else's food and maybe you perform labor in order to live in your house, and you don't have to pay electricity because it is free or it does not exist... but still the numbers see strange, even though surely I know some folks do have real low incomes.. yet are we even being realistic?
It's possible in my country to have total expenses a month as or lower than $20. Though my country don't use dollar but the equivalent of $20 can sustain an individual as expense for a month
Well I guess our economy can be attributed to it.

why are you guys coming up with such dumb examples in which guys have an income of $100, and they are able to invest 80% into bitcoin because their monthly expenses are ONLY $20.  It hardly makes any sense
Sure I agree this doesn't make sense
The higher the income the higher the expenditure Ceteris paribus. Expenses making just 20% of your income is quite rare to see unless maybe the person is a miser.

But to be Frank we still have some workers over here earning below $100 monthly which is why our government sucks
What's the essence of increasing minimum wage when the expenses borne by the employers especially private institution would be transferred to their goods or services
It's like a circle if nothing is done to correct it.
Not supporting the government but I don't think increasing salary is The solution to our problem currently.

letteredhub

Activity: 546
Merit: 209

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 08:49:13 PM

Edited out
Let's break it down

Yeah it shouldn't be very hard but you kinda making it potentially go hard for you, by trying to be aggressive with your investment giving no room for flexibility in line with the adjustment in that have been made with your monthly salary. It may look simple for you to contain at the beginning if you go with $20 DCA even as your salary has been slashed but in the process when other emergency needs arises unplanned for it's gonna affect your investment. Adjusting to the current situation doesn't make you weak, it's also another model of contingent strategy in making for a successful investment.
promise444c5

Activity: 308
Merit: 176

Keep Promises !

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 09:00:20 PM

What's the essence of increasing minimum wage when the expenses borne by the employers especially private institution would be transferred to their goods or services
It's like a circle if nothing is done to correct it.
Not supporting the government but I don't think increasing salary is The solution to our problem currently.

[Off] Not saying the minimum wage or salary should be increased but there's alot attached to the government.... and this shouldn't be discussed here as it's completely  off topic to the thread.
Yeah it shouldn't be very hard but you kinda making it potentially go hard for you, by trying to be aggressive with your investment giving no room for flexibility in line with the adjustment in that have been made with your monthly salary. It may look simple for you to contain at the beginning if you go with $20 DCA even as your salary has been slashed but in the process when other emergency needs arises unplanned for it's gonna affect your investment. Adjusting to the current situation doesn't make you weak, it's also another model of contingent strategy in making for a successful investment

You guys aren't getting it though  its not actually going hard Tongue infact it's just as flexible as reducing your investment plan but my suggestion is just increasing the time interval which I think is much more better than slashing your investment everything you have a low pay

ginsan

Activity: 1358
Merit: 627

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 09:00:25 PM

In fact, DCA is very practical and easy for beginners to apply, especially in long-term investments. In DCA we don't need technical analysis because we only execute it when the time comes, for example once a week. If we invest in a year we make bitcoin purchases 48 times a year so we can imagine that we will find the lowest price which may be difficult to do by other means other than DCA. So, if you are determined for the long term, then apply DCA in the investment you make.

I think an income of $50 per month is of course quite a small income, in fact no company pays its employees $50 per month. I don't think it's too much of a burden for people to invest $10 per week because that's a nominal amount that is easily within everyone's reach, but yes, it comes down to each individual. If they are addicted to gambling then whether it is small or large, the income they earn is of course not enough. So it is not surprising that gamblers fail to invest in every available opportunity.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 »
  Print  

Jump to: