Bitcoin Forum
September 12, 2024, 11:20:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 106628 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 27, 2024, 04:11:47 AM

[edited out]
Thanks for this wonderful information that I never thought existed. You have once again helped make things easier for me regarding my Bitcoin investing. I first learnt about the DCA method from you and it changed a lot of things for me especially my approach to Bitcoin accumulation; things got rapidly better for me as the DCA method gave me the discipline and mindset I needed to take my Bitcoin portfolio to the next stage. I also learnt from you those other additions such as the emergency funds, reserved funds and other wonderful ideas that makes the investment and holding easy and sustainable.

This information about automatic DCA is another game changer for me as it makes the whole thing easier for me. With it I will only have to login in to the exchange only when I want to make withdrawals or deposits which is normally monthly while my DCA runs weekly. I appreciate your level of selflessness in helping us with out Bitcoin investing.

As I mentioned, I am not that excited about automatic DCA, even though there surely are ways that guys could use automatic DCA to their advantage, including for example, let's say that there is a guy who might usually invest between $80 and $150 per week on BTC buys, and realizing that he has a decent amount of variance in both his income and his expenses, yet he tends to not be really sure about how much variance he is going to have, except at maybe one or two points during each of the months.  Accordingly, such person gets confirmation regarding his income and expenses at those various points that help to inform him more specifically regarding the amount of his discretionary income for that month and so after he has that information, he is in a better position to commit more specifically regarding how much his DCA is going to be for the month.. ... so maybe such person in such situation might consider setting his automated DCA at $80 per week (which is like the worse case scenario), and then at the end of the month or maybe twice a month, he would assess whether to add some additional BTC buys in there or not.. so once or twice a month, the guy ends up looking at it his various cashflows.. especially if they seem to be deviating a lot from usual, more thoroughly, yet during the vast majority of the month, he is just letting his weekly DCA run with the lower amount such as $80 per week in this example even though he knows that there might be some weeks that he is able to buy more bitcoin .. but he ends up erroring on the conservative side so that he does not screw up his cashflows, and  he otherwise be spending the majority of his time doing other productive or enjoyable things in his life.   

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
sotelorene

Activity: 350
Merit: 79

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 27, 2024, 10:19:09 AM

We shouldn't only accumulate Bitcoin when it is dip for it is important we accumulate all season though the dip is just an opportunity for an investor to accumulate enough Bitcoin and HODL but if the goal is only to accumulate when it is dip it will really delay our Bitcoin investment journey. So I think the goal should be keeping on accumulating more Bitcoin and HODL weather the price of Bitcoin is dip or not the importance thing there is how much Bitcoin you were able to accumulate and how long you were able to hodl.
Maybe you misunderstood it because you only focus on one point. I have given an understanding in that post that DCA is the best so in that case we invest with the DCA pattern and also in conjunction with buying on dips.
I don't think we have to argue about which method is the best because what might be the best for you may not be suitable for the other base on their personality or schedule. Therefore, the existence of various methods of bitcoin accumulation is to create some varieties to so that individuals can chose which is best for them. Inasmuch as we know that the DCA method is a great method, there are people that cannot just use that method for example, people who are involved in regular traveling due to their work or business schedule, instead of using the DCA method, they will go with lump sum buy. This does not mean they are doing it correctly, it simply means they are constrained by their work or business.

Provided the intention is to invest and HODL, then whichever method that is adopted is fine. However, for people who have the time and patience to wait their DCA schedule and for the dip to occur, a combination of both methods can be a great arsenal at their disposal.

Yeah you are right, however sometimes what makes you comfortable or what suits you may not be good for you and that is why we are all gathered here and talking about Bitcoin, you may be using a strategy that you are so comfortable with but at the long run you are not doing better in your accumulation so when you see a new idea on how to do better in your accumulation journey you go with it and you must not be comfortable with it.
If you allow everyone to do what they are very much comfortable with that means a lot of offices will be locked, Bitcoin journey will take you a long time especially those who are holding for a long term so you need to engage in a strategy that will yield good result and not the one that will give you sweet rest with bad result.
I'm not saying we should not use a strategy that will suit us or we will be comfortable with, I'm saying if you see that the suitable strategy is not yielding good result dump it and go for the next.

Below are/is what I think makes an investor swing to another strategy

Lets say an investors is into buying lump sum because of the work he does and then suddenly the work stopped paying the initial amount they always pay or maybe the company fold this can make an investor to change his investment plan and on the other hand if an investor is using the DCA method because of the money he received weekly or monthly as the case maybe and then fortunately he got a new job that the weekly or monthly payment is huge this can cause an investor to change his strategy or make him double up the amount he always use to DCA.

You are right on the reasons why people switch strategies while investing in Bitcoin but we should not follow up a strategy that we may not be able to maintain instead sticking to a strategy that you find convenient enough for you will be the best choice instead of switching strategies just because of your current status at that particular period of time

However, any strategy can be profitable in Bitcoin investment provided you are doing the right thing at the right time and changing of strategy is more like trading stuff because a trader always rotate on strategy, if a particular strategy doesn't work for them they change immediately just to make sure the market moves in favor of them ( their trade).

Changing of strategies becomes more like trading when you choose to sell within a short period of time otherwise whichever strategy you choose to propagate your investments analysis, it is welcomed provided you are not inconveniencing yourself while trying to adapt to a new strategy.

What determined a convenient strategy is what you have ( your source of income ), if one doesn't have a good source of income whether the person is using the best strategy (DCA) it can never be convenient for the person so a convenient strategy is a function of someone good source of  income. For example now, if a business man usually goes to the market with $20 to buy goods or product meanwhile his monthly salary is $100 and then he is been promoted and the salary increase to $200, don't you think the business man will also increase the money he usually use to go buy goods at the market and vice versa but that doesn't mean the $20 is not convenient for him and I don't think investors are tied or band to use a particular strategy for accumulating Bitcoin.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
FinePoine0

Activity: 518
Merit: 141

PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

View Profile
August 27, 2024, 01:08:05 PM

Maybe you misunderstood it because you only focus on one point. I have given an understanding in that post that DCA is the best so in that case we invest with the DCA pattern and also in conjunction with buying on dips.

Isn't buying on dips the right choice to follow up our accumulation along with routine accumulation every week. You must be able to organize all forms of plans if you are really focused on taking advantage of opportunities when prices fall

Yes, buying and holding will make you comfortable in any situation because your steps are for the long term so holding is an option that must be required.

Investors use the DCA technique in a declining market situation and this is a very common technique used by every investor, they certainly save in a declining situation and continue to buy and choose to survive and wait for the right time and their strong predictions of the success they will get later.

I disagree with you mate and you have a very wrong conception of the DCA strategy and it can be very misleading, the DCA strategy allows investors to make purchases of Bitcoin irrespective of the market conditions, you buy Bitcoin wether in declining or not, purchase are made on different intervals either weekly or monthly based on your income flow as much comfortable you can be. The DCA strategy has nothing to do with waiting or timing the market conditions, you buy Bitcoin any time so far your money is readily available for investment.

Investing in Bitcoin is entirely at your own discretion but following the DCA approach requires regular investment. But investors can invest using any strategy, those who are wealthy investors mainly buy bitcoins with pooled money and do DCA method. And basically the poor holders are basically buying bitcoins bit by bit, and the whole investment depends on their income. And they invest the extra money that survives without household expenses.

Basically, the investor can invest according to his own strategy and desire. Maybe you can create pressure but later his investment may not last long, every investor will invest according to his free will and he can use any strategy to make it last long it depends on his will.

Of course, if it is possible to hold Bitcoin in the long term, then such investment strategies must be adopted.  Investments are usually only profitable if they are long-term, but investing with a small amount of money can be done long-term only by following the DCA method. Many people use many types of strategies but the DCA strategy is one of the most popular strategies, where all investors have found success using the DCA strategy.

Lidger

Activity: 266
Merit: 181

View Profile
August 27, 2024, 03:37:15 PM

Of course, if it is possible to hold Bitcoin in the long term, then such investment strategies must be adopted.  Investments are usually only profitable if they are long-term, but investing with a small amount of money can be done long-term only by following the DCA method. Many people use many types of strategies but the DCA strategy is one of the most popular strategies, where all investors have found success using the DCA strategy.

Dollar Cost Averaging DCA in this investment strategy if an investor can make his investment consistently then he can succeed in this strategy with low risk. We who are real investors, before thinking whether we will make a profit, think about whether we are investing in the right strategy and how much our money is safe or at risk after investing. 

I invested 1000 dollars together and at one stage of bitcoin market I took that investment if the market dumps then there will be additional loss but the investment remains the highest risk but it is different with DCA investment strategy. 
In the DCA investment strategy we will invest that $1000 in several stages and we will maintain the consistency of the investment so that we can buy bitcoins from each stage when the price changes. 
By doing this it will be seen that we are investing reducing the risk in our investment.

Ruttoshi

Activity: 448
Merit: 366

Baba God Noni

View Profile
August 27, 2024, 05:29:45 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Dollar Cost Averaging DCA in this investment strategy if an investor can make his investment consistently then he can succeed in this strategy with low risk. We who are real investors, before thinking whether we will make a profit, think about whether we are investing in the right strategy and how much our money is safe or at risk after investing. 

I invested 1000 dollars together and at one stage of bitcoin market I took that investment if the market dumps then there will be additional loss but the investment remains the highest risk but it is different with DCA investment strategy. 
In the DCA investment strategy we will invest that $1000 in several stages and we will maintain the consistency of the investment so that we can buy bitcoins from each stage when the price changes. 
By doing this it will be seen that we are investing reducing the risk in our investment.
If a new investor that his DCA is ongoing consistently, and he has $1000, he can chose to share it into three parts whereby he uses $300 to lump sum, $200 to buy at the dip and $500 to DCA with $50 for 10 weeks. The important thing is that your DCA should not stop but keep buying for a long period of time.

Tweaking from one strategy to the other will depend on the size of your bitcoin portfolio and how best you understand using those different strategies.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Dailyscript

Activity: 294
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 27, 2024, 06:29:19 PM

Unless an investor considers himself an expert (based on experience) in Bitcoin investment and if he has enough funds to invest that is when he can be able to use several strategies to invest in Bitcoin. A beginner in Bitcoin investment will only destroy his investment if he cannot maintain consistency in one strategy.

An investor who have met several cycles of Bitcoin might know how to make good use of several strategies to have a good Bitcoin portfolio. Using several strategies can help perform better based on several market conditions instead of relying on one strategy that works sometimes and other times it dont work.

Callido

Activity: 36
Merit: 23

View Profile
August 27, 2024, 08:38:26 PM
Merited by Marvelockg (3)

Unless an investor considers himself an expert (based on experience) in Bitcoin investment and if he has enough funds to invest that is when he can be able to use several strategies to invest in Bitcoin. A beginner in Bitcoin investment will only destroy his investment if he cannot maintain consistency in one strategy.

An investor who have met several cycles of Bitcoin might know how to make good use of several strategies to have a good Bitcoin portfolio. Using several strategies can help perform better based on several market conditions instead of relying on one strategy that works sometimes and other times it dont work.
I do not think there is a lot of effort required to learn or understand how the several strategies operates, a person can still be a beginner while trying to accumulate Bitcoin get to understand how to efficiently deploy on all strategies and at the end get a better outcome. This is a process that one can expertise in his early stages of investment even as a beginner, no need to wait on becoming an expert before trying out other strategies.

It is primarily necessary as a beginner to always be open to learn and do more findings, instead of relying on person knowledge because at the moment the person knows less of what the market is talking about and is vulnerable to make mistakes. Everything comes with understanding the basics and investing by the terms, no call for expertise.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2024, 11:30:15 PM

Of course, if it is possible to hold Bitcoin in the long term, then such investment strategies must be adopted.  Investments are usually only profitable if they are long-term, but investing with a small amount of money can be done long-term only by following the DCA method. Many people use many types of strategies but the DCA strategy is one of the most popular strategies, where all investors have found success using the DCA strategy.

I do not think there is a lot of effort required to learn or understand how the several strategies operates, a person can still be a beginner while trying to accumulate Bitcoin get to understand how to efficiently deploy on all strategies and at the end get a better outcome. This is a process that one can expertise in his early stages of investment even as a beginner, no need to wait on becoming an expert before trying out other strategies.

It is primarily necessary as a beginner to always be open to learn and do more findings, instead of relying on person knowledge because at the moment the person knows less of what the market is talking about and is vulnerable to make mistakes. Everything comes with understanding the basics and investing by the terms, no call for expertise.

You are correct that both cash management skills and employing the the various techniques (and even deciding) how to buy bitcoin should be within the ability of an overwhelming majority of normies to understand and to apply such techniques (because the techniques and the knowledge are fairly basic and within the grasp of an overwhelming majority of normal peeps.. maybe just the need for 11th grade math as Gregg Foss had liked to say), yet if normies are not practicing the employment of such skills and basic knowledge then they are liable to make a lot of mistakes and even costly mistakes. So in that regard, the likely need to build their way up to having various kinds of experiences and practice employing them.  Even people who are real smart can make various kinds of calculating mistakes in regards to how much disposable income that they have and projecting out their cashflow in light of their income and their expenses, and allowing for enough cushion so that they don't get into trouble, but still wanting to put their money to work, which they sometimes might not even leave enough of a cushion for their own potential mistakes, even if they might believe that they calculated everything perfectly..

but still a certain level of humbleness is needed in regards to our own knowledge, our abilities to apply our knowledge and not to rush into strategies that are bordering more on being greedy rather than being prudent or sufficiently aggressive without overdoing our level of aggressiveness.  So sometimes several weeks, months and years might need to play out before the newbie BTC investor starts to get comfortable with the various systems that he had set up and that he had allowed to play out. whether some of his buying of BTC might be within manual buy systems or some of it might be put into automatic buying systems.  I mentioned that I personally prefer the manual buying of BTC weekly, yet I can see how some automatic buying systems might be employed in useful, convenient and potentially powerful ways.

Each person is also going to have their own particulars and the lines upon which they might be too whimpy or too aggressive might not be known by anyone else, and they might not even know where there own lines are until they apply their various systems and let them run through a few extremely volatile periods and to perhaps to see how they continue to apply and run their systems under a variety of market conditions and even personal live circumstances whether physical things in their life (such as health and well being), financial and/or psychological, including potentially considering how some of their real life relationships might affect their time, energies and financial ablities to incorporate bitcoin into their daily life.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Churchillvv

Activity: 518
Merit: 273

Crypto Casino and Sportsbook

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2024, 11:37:07 PM

Of course, if it is possible to hold Bitcoin in the long term, then such investment strategies must be adopted.  Investments are usually only profitable if they are long-term, but investing with a small amount of money can be done long-term only by following the DCA method.

Buddy you might be having some misconceptions about investment but investments are not "only" profitable in long term, short term investments too are profitable but you can't obviously look into that as an option in bitcoin because we consider with as wagering or gambling but which is more important to shitcoiners because they can't obviously hold those coins for long term.

Many people use many types of strategies but the DCA strategy is one of the most popular strategies, where all investors have found success using the DCA strategy.
Of course DCA has become the most powerful strategy in bitcoin investment because of it's benefit and how comfortable it is when it comes to time and resources management. but one must have to examine themselves to know what strategy would be best for them to adopt even though DCA would still my suggestion for any one but it's necessary to examine ones self before adopting any strategies.

FIRST NO WAGERING BONUS
CASINO & SPORTSBOOK

SLOTS │ LIVE CASINO │ LIVE GAMES │ SPORTS
WELCOME BONUS
───  UP TO  ───

$500 ]
MULTI BET BONUS
───  UP TO  ───

200% ]
██████████████▄
██████████████
███▄██▄█████▐████▄
█████▄▄██████████▄
███▀█▀███████████
█████████████████████▄
███▄█████▄██████████▄
▄▀▀██████████▄███████░█▌
▀██████████████████████
░█████████████████████
░░▀▀██▄█████████████▄
░░████▀█▀████████████████▄▄
██████▀███████████████████████▄
[ 
PLAY NOW
]
promise444c5

Activity: 406
Merit: 273

Keep Promises !

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 03:36:15 AM

Don't mix things up for yourself and others Roll Eyes
What will you define as an enough fund ?? It's just like saying accumulating a lot of funds to take on different strategies, is it? ..
BTW that's not my focus, my point is that your post might divert  the attention of newbies to other strategies, not bad actually if they know about them but they should know that the best strategy for now is just buying to increase their portfolio and the advisable  strategy of buying is DCA[they will have different price entries with this & might enhance their portfolio size within a short range with consistency].

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
I_Anime

Activity: 504
Merit: 207

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 07:11:28 AM

What will you define as an enough fund ?? It's just like saying accumulating a lot of funds to take on different strategies, is it? ..
BTW that's not my focus, my point is that your post might divert  the attention of newbies to other strategies, not bad actually if they know about them but they should know that the best strategy for now is just buying to increase their portfolio and the advisable  strategy of buying is DCA[they will have different price entries with this & might enhance their portfolio size within a short range with consistency].

Sure DCAing is one of the best method of purchasing bitcoin, but still one can still start their bitcoin investment with lump-summing ( that's when they have enough cash though). Because it will help to give them a nice head start in their bitcoin accummulating journey. Making them to have some nice amount of Bitcoin as they start their accumulation. So after the lump-summing purchasing they can then continue with DCAing . Inorder to balance other expenses and same time purchase at different price intervals , aslong you don't go all in with all yah cash ( including emergency). Because that's a poor method to start bitcoin accummulation, because you may endup selling it too early , just to keep up with your daily living or coverup some expenses as an emergency funds.

██████████████     D u e l b i t s  ORIGINALS    ►►►  PLAY KENO [NEW]     ███████████████
Dice  Mines  ◥ Plinko  Duel Poker  ◥ Dice Duels
███████████████     10,000x MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO50% REWARDS     ██████████████
Stablexcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 08:29:51 AM

There might be no effort in learning all of the strategies, I think what matters is experience because it is not all about knowing and understanding all these strategies it takes time for one to encounter several cycles and happenings around Bitcoin for them to implement part of the strategies they know into it. The reason why I am saying it is an experience that helps one know the level of knowledge they have. If they have not implemented all the strategies and it worked for them how would they be convinced that using several strategies helps a lot in Bitcoin investment?

Hewlet

Activity: 406
Merit: 172

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 09:24:52 AM
Merited by Jaycoinz (1)

Of course, if it is possible to hold Bitcoin in the long term, then such investment strategies must be adopted.  Investments are usually only profitable if they are long-term, but investing with a small amount of money can be done long-term only by following the DCA method.

Buddy you might be having some misconceptions about investment but investments are not "only" profitable in long term, short term investments too are profitable but you can't obviously look into that as an option in bitcoin because we consider with as wagering or gambling but which is more important to shitcoiners because they can't obviously hold those coins for long term.

when we say long term, we should be able to state out what we mean by long term and extablish the reason why we're considering investing for the long term. We've used the term long term investment so much that a lot of people are begining to assume that once you've invested for the long term you're bent on being profitable with your investment. In reality, it's not how long one holds his Bitcoin that matters, for as long as you care, you can choose to HODL $500 worth of Bitcoin for 20 years and look at it as a long term holding and won't be half as profitable as one that holds $20k worth of Bitcoin in less than 5 years. While talking about long term investment it's best we also relate it to the essence of making the investment for the long term. If you're just investing for the long term and you're careless with how much you're able to accumulate within such timeframe, then your long term investment wouldn't make any difference.

Building a portfolio with a long term plan in mind gives you an opportunity to to build a resource that guarantees long term investment and when you have a good plan in place and follow it out to the latter, it's going to make a huge difference in terms of how much you're able to build your portfolio at such period of time.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 12:54:54 PM

Of course, if it is possible to hold Bitcoin in the long term, then such investment strategies must be adopted.  Investments are usually only profitable if they are long-term, but investing with a small amount of money can be done long-term only by following the DCA method.
when we say long term, we should be able to state out what we mean by long term and extablish the reason why we're considering investing for the long term. We've used the term long term investment so much that a lot of people are begining to assume that once you've invested for the long term you're bent on being profitable with your investment. In reality, it's not how long one holds his Bitcoin that matters, for as long as you care, you can choose to HODL $500 worth of Bitcoin for 20 years and look at it as a long term holding and won't be half as profitable as one that holds $20k worth of Bitcoin in less than 5 years. While talking about long term investment it's best we also relate it to the essence of making the investment for the long term. If you're just investing for the long term and you're careless with how much you're able to accumulate within such timeframe, then your long term investment wouldn't make any difference.

Building a portfolio with a long term plan in mind gives you an opportunity to to build a resource that guarantees long term investment and when you have a good plan in place and follow it out to the latter, it's going to make a huge difference in terms of how much you're able to build your portfolio at such period of time.

People often think of investing in wrong kind of ways.. like you mentioned.. investing $500 within a year or even $5k over 5 years and then just sitting on the amount that was put in, when more likely there could be something like $500 per year (which is ONLY $10 per week) or maybe $5k per year, which would be $100 per week, and so maybe after several years, there might be a determination that enough money has been put into the bitcoin investment, so then there is no need to add more to the investment.

There is no way to stop anyone in terms of how to invest their money and when they determine how much is enough, especially when they are likely in a better position to have some money into bitcoin rather than if they had not put in any money into bitcoin.  So the one who is invested in bitcoin has already put themselves into a better place, and so decisions in regards to whether to be more aggressive or to be less whimpy are individual, and even the seemingly whimpy investor might not consider himself whimpy, especially when comparing himself to low coiners and no coiners who had not invested or who had invested even less into bitcoin than him, so making those determinations regarding how much is enough are going to be somewhat personal..

If any of us has a cash flow, then we can decide to keep adding, but then there might be some point to add the money to some other asset with the determination that there is enough bitcoin, or many times so many folks have difficulties determining the difference between investing and consuming, so they will choose to consume instead of invest, but then if the bitcoin investment size has gotten to a certain point, it might be a fairly decent size, yet the bitcoin portion might not be ready for cashing out.. so there could well be 4-10 years or longer between the time of putting the money in (accumulating) before there might be some desire to start to withdraw from the investment - whether the withdrawals might be price based and/or time based, it hardly makes any sense to me that the withdrawals would be all of it at once or even large portions at once, so there might be thoughts of the withdrawal process being long term just as the accumulation and maintenance period each were long term.... ..

and as we know, this thread is not so much about the next stages of our investment journey, but instead about how to build up our BTC holdings to get to those further stages and to have more options after having had spent years building up the BTC holdings...and most are going to need several years to build up rather than just throwing in some amount and sitting on it (even though surely there are some folks who invest in lump sums and then just sit on the investment, even though the trade offs for that style could well be regretful in terms of not being able to turn back the clock later down the road when we are better able to see what we did as compared to what we should have had done.

Odohu

Activity: 504
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2024, 01:08:17 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

BTW that's not my focus, my point is that your post might divert  the attention of newbies to other strategies, not bad actually if they know about them but they should know that the best strategy for now is just buying to increase their portfolio and the advisable  strategy of buying is DCA[they will have different price entries with this & might enhance their portfolio size within a short range with consistency].
I was about responding to that comment before I saw yours and it seems you already covered some of the things I would have said. However, I want to add a little for emphasis and to make sure new investors are not distracted into thinking that making the investment process complicated by adopting different strategies is a great thing to do... it is simply setting one up for confusion and possibly mistakes. When an investor becomes entangled in combining various strategies there is the possibility of mistakes and regrets. For instance, an investor using the DCA method will easily know how much funds is allocated into Bitcoin and how much to put into Bitcoin at certain times. But when lump sum purchase is added and also buying the dips, when Bitcoin drop rapidly, he might face the confusion of putting more money during the dip more than was budgeted for busying using that method. Rhe same could happen when price is surging and it is looking like price broke out and will never come back.

Investing in Bitcoin is supposed to be the easiest thing to do especially when the aim is to hold for several years. The bulk of the job is never in the method of buying the Bitcoin but how the purchased Bitcoin is managed to ensure its longevity.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
Jaycoinz

Activity: 434
Merit: 226

God is All

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2024, 08:09:28 PM

I was about responding to that comment before I saw yours and it seems you already covered some of the things I would have said. However, I want to add a little for emphasis and to make sure new investors are not distracted into thinking that making the investment process complicated by adopting different strategies is a great thing to do... it is simply setting one up for confusion and possibly mistakes. When an investor becomes entangled in combining various strategies there is the possibility of mistakes and regrets. For instance, an investor using the DCA method will easily know how much funds is allocated into Bitcoin and how much to put into Bitcoin at certain times. But when lump sum purchase is added and also buying the dips, when Bitcoin drop rapidly, he might face the confusion of putting more money during the dip more than was budgeted for busying using that method. Rhe same could happen when price is surging and it is looking like price broke out and will never come back.

Investing in Bitcoin is supposed to be the easiest thing to do especially when the aim is to hold for several years. The bulk of the job is never in the method of buying the Bitcoin but how the purchased Bitcoin is managed to ensure its longevity.
Well from my own view and end, I think making an investment should be easy as you have said and I believe if it's left for only me, I think DCA will be my focus and besides you can always make the purchase bigger especially when the funds is available and especially when there is a window of the price dipping and you have saved up cash somewhere then buying massive during that dip isn't a bad idea at all because you get bigger opportunity and I believe you know where am driving at.

Frankolala

Activity: 826
Merit: 564

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 08:21:15 PM

A new beginner should focus more on accumulating bitcoin using DCA method and it will be more easy for him if he has a good financial management because it will be easy for him to plan himself and also use the right amount from his discretionary income that will allow him buy bitcoin constantly and continuously for a very long period of time.

As time goes on when the investor knowledge on bitcoin has improved, if he has extra funds aside from his regular income he can lump sum immediately to increase his bitcoin stash, because it would not be a problem to him.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
ginsan

Activity: 1456
Merit: 650

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 08:44:58 PM

I think none of us missed buying on dips today. Yes Btc touched $57860 today, an opportunity for us to increase Btc holdings when the price drops. Basically, fund allocation should be prioritized because at times like this we can increase purchases to be more aggressive. As OP said buy dips and hold them, so when the price drops we have to make the most of it.

If there are no reserve funds, it is quite regrettable if we have to miss the opportunity to buy during a decline like today. For that, arrange the distribution of funds as well as possible to be able to take advantage of the reversal when it happens suddenly. DCA certainly works as it should and purchases when the price drops can also be done if we are good at setting strategies in long-term investment planning.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Moreno233

Activity: 448
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 09:31:22 PM

You are right on the reasons why people switch strategies while investing in Bitcoin but we should not follow up a strategy that we may not be able to maintain instead sticking to a strategy that you find convenient enough for you will be the best choice instead of switching strategies just because of your current status at that particular period of time

However, any strategy can be profitable in Bitcoin investment provided you are doing the right thing at the right time and changing of strategy is more like trading stuff because a trader always rotate on strategy, if a particular strategy doesn't work for them they change immediately just to make sure the market moves in favor of them ( their trade).

Changing of strategies becomes more like trading when you choose to sell within a short period of time otherwise whichever strategy you choose to propagate your investments analysis, it is welcomed provided you are not inconveniencing yourself while trying to adapt to a new strategy.
What determined a convenient strategy is what you have ( your source of income ), if one doesn't have a good source of income whether the person is using the best strategy (DCA) it can never be convenient for the person so a convenient strategy is a function of someone good source of  income. For example now, if a business man usually goes to the market with $20 to buy goods or product meanwhile his monthly salary is $100 and then he is been promoted and the salary increase to $200, don't you think the business man will also increase the money he usually use to go buy goods at the market and vice versa but that doesn't mean the $20 is not convenient for him and I don't think investors are tied or band to use a particular strategy for accumulating Bitcoin.
I don't really agree with all you have said about the source of income determining what method should be convenient for an investor. That argument is weak and ignores a lot of variables such as personal preferences and others. As long as an investor have set aside some funds for investment, he has the liberty to chose the DCA method, buying the dips, or lump sum buying. At this point, the source of income is inconsequential. If in the example you gave the businessman's income increase from $20 to $200, he can still use the same funds to for the business but this time the quantity of goods will increase.

Are you among those saying that the DCA method is for low income earners? This statement have been refuted as it has been established that even some instituional investors and governments also use the DCA method to invest in Bitcoin.
You seem to be supporting the notion that

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 09:53:44 PM

I think none of us missed buying on dips today. Yes Btc touched $57860 today, an opportunity for us to increase Btc holdings when the price drops. Basically, fund allocation should be prioritized because at times like this we can increase purchases to be more aggressive. As OP said buy dips and hold them, so when the price drops we have to make the most of it.

If there are no reserve funds, it is quite regrettable if we have to miss the opportunity to buy during a decline like today. For that, arrange the distribution of funds as well as possible to be able to take advantage of the reversal when it happens suddenly. DCA certainly works as it should and purchases when the price drops can also be done if we are good at setting strategies in long-term investment planning.

If you have extra funds or some cash comes in while the BTC price is dipping, then no problem, maybe buy a bit more BTC since it is dipping; however, for most people who are regularly DCA and probably even more specifically the DCAer who is ongoingly employing  BTC buys to build his stash in the early stages, it is not going to make very much difference whether he bought at $61k or $57k, so there is no need to get all excited about these various BTC price moves or to suggest that anyone who is not able to take advantage of buying on dips down to $57k (because he already used all his cash at $61k) is necessarily missing out on anything that is going to make any kind of material difference.

Sure, there can be a bit of a good feeling to be able to buy more BTC on the dip, yet I doubt it is as BIG of a deal as you are making it out to be or even suggesting that OP was correct in his own emphasis and excitement about buying the dip, again especially for newbies who should just be buying regularly and not getting too worked up about short-term BTC price movements as much as just continuing to buy BTC regularly and perhaps improving other aspects of his cashflow (and discretionary income) by increasing his income and/or by cutting his expenses.

Pages: « 1 ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 »
  Print  

Jump to: