Bitcoin Forum
September 15, 2024, 11:16:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 [546]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 107145 times)
DubemIfedigbo001

Activity: 420
Merit: 294

Let love lead

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2024, 03:28:50 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2024, 04:21:38 PM by DubemIfedigbo001
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

No big deal about Bitcoin investment, the thing is if you can wait and save up money with you knowing that there is assurance of that money growing despite all negatives that will occur with the investment as you the years goes then Bitcoin investment is for you but if you know you are not good in waiting and expecting some kind of miracle to happen maybe you wake up one thing within a short period of investment and discover your investment blow overnight then you are probably with the wrong investment.

Bitcoin investment doesn't require much just
1. Patience
2. Available funds (not huge but steady)
3. Positive mindset (strategy included)

There are more but I think all fall under these three .

You think so mate?, Bitcoin investment involves a lot of discipline and consistency to build your portfolio, also you need a good level of preparedness and planning in order to raise funds, set aside your emergency fund and dedicate your discretionary funds for your accumulation process. The disciplining part is the most challenging since you've to lay down patterns which you must follow consistently in buying Bitcoin periodically. Holding it for a longer period of time is another not so easy task. Most times you might feel tempted to pause and use your investment money to have fun or other purposes, but reminding yourself of your goal and not yearning to the temptation demands a lot of emotional strength. Not forgetting that you've to keep making money to service emergencies constantly for the long term so that you'll not tamper with your investment.

Furthermore, taking up a side hustle to service your investment or maintain your standard of living while still being consistent in your investment is a sacrifice which is not so easy. I literally have to remind myself everytime I go for my side hustle that I'm making those sacrifices for the future. Also, engaging properly helps increase the quality of your personality over time and makes you more responsible and manage your finances better.

In a nutshell, Bitcoin investment demands a good level of discipline, consistency and sacrifice in order to follow-up your accumulation patterns and reach your target. The only time when it looks a bit easier is when you've been into the process for a while and it's already part of you such that you now do it effortlessly.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Ruttoshi

Activity: 448
Merit: 368

Baba God Noni

View Profile
September 14, 2024, 03:53:44 PM

No big deal about Bitcoin investment, the thing is if you can wait and save up money with you knowing that there is assurance of that money growing despite all negatives that will occur with the investment as you the years goes then Bitcoin investment is for you but if you know you are not good in waiting and expecting some kind of miracle to happen maybe you wake up one thing within a short period of investment and discover your investment blow overnight then you are probably with the wrong investment.

1. Patience

You think so mate?, Bitcoin investment involves a lot of discipline and consistency to build your portfolio, also you need a good level of preparedness and planning in order to raise funds, set aside your emergency fund and dedicate your discretionary funds for your accumulation process. The disciplining part is the most challenging since you've to lay down patterns which you must follow consistently in buying Bitcoin periodically. Holding it for a longer period of time is another not so easy task. Most times you might feel tempted to pause and use your investment money tho have fun, but reminding yourself of your goal and not yearning to the temptation demands a lot of emotional strength. Not forgetting that you've to keep making money to service emergencies constantly for the long term so that you'll not tamper with your investment.

Furthermore, taking up a side hustle to service your investment or maintain your standard of living while still being consistent in your investment is a sacrifice which is not so easy. I literally have to remind myself everytime I go for my side hustle that I'm making those sacrifices for the future. Also, engaging properly helps increase the quality of your personality over time and makes you more responsible and manage your finances better.

In a nutshell, Bitcoin investment demands a good level of discipline, consistency and sacrifice in order to follow-up your accumulation patterns and reach your target. The only time when it looks a bit easier is when you've been into the process for a while and it's already part of you such that you now do it effortlessly.
Everything that you said is true but I think that some people can find it easy to invest in bitcoin and hodli for long without any much problem just like the way Jaycoinz stated because there are some people who already have a source of income and good financial management. People who are used to saving little part of their income whenever ot comes maybe weekly or monthly for long in a bank for an important thing they want to achieve maybe buying a land or building a house.

These set of people will find investing in bitcoin with DCA easier for them because they are already used to such practices and will not be a problem for them to hodli for a long time as long as they believe in bitcoin. However, new investors will don't know how to save money can find it difficult in the first time but due to determination and believe in bitcoin, they will be able to adjust their ways in order for them to be able to invest in bitcoin and hodli for long.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Jaycoinz

Activity: 434
Merit: 227

God is All

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2024, 04:12:07 PM

1. Patience

You think so mate?, Bitcoin investment involves a lot of discipline and consistency to build your portfolio, also you need a good level of preparedness and planning in order to raise funds, set aside your emergency fund and dedicate your discretionary funds for your accumulation process. The disciplining part is the most challenging since you've to lay down patterns which you must follow consistently in buying Bitcoin periodically. Holding it for a longer period of time is another not so easy task. Most times you might feel tempted to pause and use your investment money tho have fun, but reminding yourself of your goal and not yearning to the temptation demands a lot of emotional strength. Not forgetting that you've to keep making money to service emergencies constantly for the long term so that you'll not tamper with your investment.

Everything that you said is true but I think that some people can find it easy to invest in bitcoin and hodli for long without any much problem just like the way Jaycoinz stated because there are some people who already have a source of income and good financial management. People who are used to saving little part of their income whenever ot comes maybe weekly or monthly for long in a bank for an important thing they want to achieve maybe buying a land or building a house.

These set of people will find investing in bitcoin with DCA easier for them because they are already used to such practices and will not be a problem for them to hodli for a long time as long as they believe in bitcoin. However, new investors will don't know how to save money can find it difficult in the first time but due to determination and believe in bitcoin, they will be able to adjust their ways in order for them to be able to invest in bitcoin and hodli for long.
Well there is a saying which goes "practice makes perfect" and I believe that would be the case of those people who are already used to Saving little income in their bank account and I believe starting and following up with the same pattern with their Bitcoin investment would be a lot easier for them than those coming new into such practice although even the newcomer won't find it that hard if they have the believe about Bitcoin always moving forward because most of things that fucks up the mind of these new investor is actually when they witness a dip in the price or maybe the bear market which a veteran investor would even be happy to used as an advantage to his investment because that's the period one can BUY THE DIP AND HODL it for long making their portfolio better at the long run of profits that would be gotten in their investment.

Sobz

Activity: 21
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 14, 2024, 05:13:09 PM

Let's be honest
A person who's only concerned about the dip should be considered a trader
An investor doesn't just wait for the dip
They have a target and a plan in making their investment.
Pick a project(Bitcoin) you trust with a great future and accumulate rather than waiting for dip to sell the top.
Yes once the dip comes buy not because is a dip but an opportunity to get cheaper especially if you have the spare funds. 
Whoever thinks the dip is only the right time to invest in bitcoin can never invest bitcoin because when the dip is considered as the only time to buy bitcoin, the dip will also be a threat to hodl bitcoin. Some people believe the dip is good for them to buy bitcoin but also see the dip as bad to their investment.  To be able to hodl and be successful in it one needs to grow the mindset to see the dip as no harm, it is only an opportunity to buy bitcoin. The dip is not the end of an investment, but just a movement of the market,  people needs not to bother about it but instead to focus on how to accumulate more Bitcoin and hodl to make a good profit for the future.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 10836

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 14, 2024, 05:29:49 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2024, 06:26:43 PM by JayJuanGee

Honestly, those sets of people that always want to buy the dip, I view them as short-term holders, which I see as traders. They always have the intention of selling in a short period of time. But for anyone that is ready to hold their Bitcoin for a very long period of time, I don't think they should have that type of mindset. This type of mindset can hold someone back from investing in Bitcoin. It has happened to many people, all just because they wanted to buy Bitcoin at a cheaper rate. They are still waiting for the Bitcoin price to drop to $20k. They saw it and refused to buy at that time because of the mindset of always waiting for a dip. In fact, many have even wasted the money in other ways.
So if I decide to buy only a dip of $56k from the activities that have played out in the month of August and September, does that make me a short term holder, or a trader, or someone with the intension of selling?. That's never true. You see, when someone chooses to buy a dip in this recent time, he/she must be realistic with the dip to aim for or expect. To be honest, I don't think anyone who is in a right state of mind will be expecting a dip of $20K. If there is anyone like that, then we shouldn't even be talking about them because they are not from this planet. The thing with buying Bitcoin's dip is that everyone choose to have their own price expectation, i.e every individual chooses the dip they want to buy. Someone can choose to buy at $56K, while another can choose to buy at $55.8, but the choice of dip must be realistic and must align with the condition of the market.

But here is the real truth. Waiting to buy a dip is not ideal. Because, you've to understand that Bitcoin price might likely not go back to your price of expectation. Bitcoin price dropping down to someone's expectation is a 50-50 chance especially when the price expectation is too unrealistic. So why even take the risk when you can just use the DCA method that is been suggested here.
Instead of someone chasing dips, they can think wisely and start using the method of DCA. Many of them should be in a grateful stage by in few months to come because once someone starts using the DCA method, they will eventually discover that they have accumulated a reasonable amount of Bitcoin between some months. It would be better if people stopped waiting for a dip, as we don't know exactly when it will happen, and instead focused on the DCA method, which allows them to buy Bitcoin at different prices.
Now your statement is making sense as I completely agree with this.

A BTC accumulator could have BTC buy orders that start from $56k and then go down every $1,500 and scheduled to buy BTC at each potential price point, so then that money is set aside for buying dips, and the further down, the lower the chances that the buy orders will be filled.. and even if the higher level buy orders at $56k might be greater than 50% odds of being filled, that does not make it a good idea to base your buying of BTC on such dips, especially if you are someone who is either brand new to bitcoin and/or even has assessed himself as not having enough BTC.

Of course, since BTC prices are currently right around $59,900 as I type this, someone who set his next buy order at $59,753 would have pretty high odds of having the order filled, so it would not be unreasonable for someone who is largely buying at current prices, so then there would be a question regarding how much cash is desired to keep reserved for buying of dips that might not happen...and each of us would place different odds on different price levels being reached, and surely the odds are ongoingly changing, just like the odds of returning back above $60k are decently high right now, yet the odds of never returning below $52.5k are different today as compared to what they were yesterday, and each of us are not going to be assigning the same odds, yet we might not even need to assign any kinds of accurate odds if we are buying BTC regularly, there may well not be any need for brand new folks to bitcoin to be assigning odds to BTC price drops in regards to their BTC buys, even though they might want to just attempt to do it for fun that does not affect their regular buys.  

We might even consider that the odds of going to $56k might even be in the 65% to 70% arena, yet that still might not be any kind of a justification to set buy on the dip orders for those kinds of prices, because it may not even make much difference if we buy another $100 worth of BTC at $56k as compared to buying it right around our current price of $59,900-ish...especially if we are going to be weekly buying $100 for the next 4-10 years or longer.

1. Patience

To me, it seems that there can be phases of the investment process that are easy, but then a lot of difficulties and temptations along the way...and you pointed out an exact dilemma that comes when people might have some intermediary goals of some specific things that they want to buy such as land or a house - and since intermediary goals tend to be subcomponents of financial independence, they could end up conflicting from higher level goals of reaching financial independence and/or reaching a high enough level with your investment that you don't have to work anymore and that you can just live off the income from your investment in a kind of passive income way.. yeah, sure you may well need to engage in a certain level of work that involves managing your stack.. but at the same time, any other work that comes from how you chose to spend your money are related more to chosen kinds of work that are related to your consumption rather than work that you have to do in order to generate enough income to support your living standards.

My point is that it could become quite tempting to spend some of your BTC investment too early,.. and yeah, sure it might not seem like any kind of problem when you are in your fairly earliest of stages of BTC accumulation, yet if you make it through one or two BTC cycles, you might not be close enough to fuck you status, yet you still might get lured into cashing out decently large portions of your BTC or perhaps diverting your BTC accumulation efforts (when you really should still be accumulating BTC) way earlier than you should be, and perhaps even preventing yourself towards ever reaching fuck you status which might have had been your goal and which might have had been reasonably within your reach if you had not gotten distracted away from your BTC accumulation efforts...and even ending up spending decent chunks of your BTC.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ginsan

Activity: 1456
Merit: 656

View Profile
September 14, 2024, 08:57:06 PM

To me, it seems that there can be phases of the investment process that are easy, but then a lot of difficulties and temptations along the way...and you pointed out an exact dilemma that comes when people might have some intermediary goals of some specific things that they want to buy such as land or a house - and since intermediary goals tend to be subcomponents of financial independence, they could end up conflicting from higher level goals of reaching financial independence and/or reaching a high enough level with your investment that you don't have to work anymore and that you can just live off the income from your investment in a kind of passive income way.. yeah, sure you may well need to engage in a certain level of work that involves managing your stack.. but at the same time, any other work that comes from how you chose to spend your money are related more to chosen kinds of work that are related to your consumption rather than work that you have to do in order to generate enough income to support your living standards.

My point is that it could become quite tempting to spend some of your BTC investment too early,.. and yeah, sure it might not seem like any kind of problem when you are in your fairly earliest of stages of BTC accumulation, yet if you make it through one or two BTC cycles, you might not be close enough to fuck you status, yet you still might get lured into cashing out decently large portions of your BTC or perhaps diverting your BTC accumulation efforts (when you really should still be accumulating BTC) way earlier than you should be, and perhaps even preventing yourself towards ever reaching fuck you status which might have had been your goal and which might have had been reasonably within your reach if you had not gotten distracted away from your BTC accumulation efforts...and even ending up spending decent chunks of your BTC.
You are right sir, big influence usually comes from family if they know BTC ownership in our portfolio, Yes they will tempt us to sell it and that is what I felt in previous years and all of that was an unintentional or intentional mistake. Yes, that time was hard for me to imagine because I was careless in telling my family about the investment I made. But as you said we learn from mistakes and now I fix it to stick to my position without being tempted by the temptation of lust to cash in to satisfy the lust to have something like land or a house.

Also you are right about work where a permanent job with passive income every month will make it easier for us to divert our desires if we want to have something. I mean we don't have to sell a small portion of btc for whatever we want but we have a reserve of money from our work to buy something.

Indeed, in the long term, of course, many unexpected things often happen, but yes, that cycle must be anticipated well so as not to interfere with ongoing investments. It is indeed very unfortunate if someone stops accumulating bitcoins because they follow their lust for luxury goods by selling their BTC holdings, which is quite a big mistake.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
reefsea
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2024, 10:13:21 PM

Let's be honest
A person who's only concerned about the dip should be considered a trader
An investor doesn't just wait for the dip
They have a target and a plan in making their investment.
Pick a project(Bitcoin) you trust with a great future and accumulate rather than waiting for dip to sell the top.
Yes once the dip comes buy not because is a dip but an opportunity to get cheaper especially if you have the spare funds. 
Whoever thinks the dip is only the right time to invest in bitcoin can never invest bitcoin because when the dip is considered as the only time to buy bitcoin, the dip will also be a threat to hodl bitcoin. Some people believe the dip is good for them to buy bitcoin but also see the dip as bad to their investment.  To be able to hodl and be successful in it one needs to grow the mindset to see the dip as no harm, it is only an opportunity to buy bitcoin. The dip is not the end of an investment, but just a movement of the market,  people needs not to bother about it but instead to focus on how to accumulate more Bitcoin and hodl to make a good profit for the future.
Your assumption is wrong.
Those who have successfully owned a lot of BTC in their investments, of course, do it in various ways.
Buying at dips
Buying at once
Buying regularly
Buying every quartel
Buying aggressively.
Just buy Bitcoin in a way that you feel more comfortable running. Just do it as you please in setting the purchase tempo with various strategies and good luck to you.

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
 Crypto Marketing Agency
By AB de Royse

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
WIN $50 FREE RAFFLE
Community Giveaway

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀████
██████████████▀▀░░░░████
██████████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░█████
████▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░█▀░░░░░░░██████
████████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐██████
█████████░▄███▄░░███████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Zaguru12

Activity: 812
Merit: 926

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2024, 10:42:04 PM

One thing about investment and this is not only about bitcoin Alone but even less Volatile assets or investment is psychology, many people do not find it hard to start investing sometimes but they find it hard to grow that investment, one of the biggest problems is that we think as profits starts settling in we as individuals need to match the investment with our lifestyle and some people take off profits that we meant to be the main foundation of the investment to upgrade their lifestyle and it is on this believe that so many businesses have collapsed today.

Not that I am against taking off profits from any investment, in fact I usually tell some bitcoin investors that they should have partial profit target to take out some profits. This profits can use to build another investment to serve as diversification such that profits from this new investment can still be use to gain back the bitcoin which was liquidated to build that business. One can also take profit from one’s portfolio to solve some problems in the family or home at least it is far better than going for Loans but all this should be done with a mapped out plan for it so as not to spend off capital think one is spending i

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Obab

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2024, 10:50:30 PM

You are right sir, big influence usually comes from family if they know BTC ownership in our portfolio, Yes they will tempt us to sell it and that is what I felt in previous years and all of that was an unintentional or intentional mistake. Yes, that time was hard for me to imagine because I was careless in telling my family about the investment I made. But as you said we learn from mistakes and now I fix it to stick to my position without being tempted by the temptation of lust to cash in to satisfy the lust to have something like land or a house.

Also you are right about work where a permanent job with passive income every month will make it easier for us to divert our desires if we want to have something. I mean we don't have to sell a small portion of btc for whatever we want but we have a reserve of money from our work to buy something.

Indeed, in the long term, of course, many unexpected things often happen, but yes, that cycle must be anticipated well so as not to interfere with ongoing investments. It is indeed very unfortunate if someone stops accumulating bitcoins because they follow their lust for luxury goods by selling their BTC holdings, which is quite a big mistake.
Your experience shows that fighting emotion and temptation is very important when it comes to Bitcoin or any other long-term investment.  The influence of family or close people, especially if they know our investments, can often influence our decisions.  Many people are tempted to sell assets like Bitcoin to cash in on some immediate needs or luxuries, but you are right that this can be a big mistake.

Your strategy is now very realistic and intelligent.  Holding BTC for the future with regular income and not selling it when needed, can bring big profits in the long run.  Holding BTC for the future is not just looking at current price growth, but building a strong financial base.

Also, the way you manage life's essential expenses—such as keeping savings from a steady income source and making purchases without relying on investments—is a great strategy.  This will allow you to keep your BTC or other investments safe for the long term, and fulfill your future goal of financial freedom.

Your thoughts and strategies can be an inspiration to many who often fall into small temptations and forget their long term goals.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 10836

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
Today at 01:57:52 AM

One thing about investment and this is not only about bitcoin Alone but even less Volatile assets or investment is psychology, many people do not find it hard to start investing sometimes but they find it hard to grow that investment, one of the biggest problems is that we think as profits starts settling in we as individuals need to match the investment with our lifestyle and some people take off profits that we meant to be the main foundation of the investment to upgrade their lifestyle and it is on this believe that so many businesses have collapsed today.

An overwhelming number of normies do not seem to know how to figure out how to employ a sustainable withdrawal rate, and so they end up calculating the whole value, and then figuring out how long they want it to last, and so if they have $600k, then they might say that they can withdraw $60k per year if they want it to last for 10 years, and in bitcoin, that might actually work to have a withdrawal rate that is 10% per year, yet for other investments, they are likely not going to be able to retain their value.. so usually they will make the mistake of withdrawing their principle too soon and NOT making sure that their investment is growing at least as much as what is being withdrawn... and if the investment is not growing at least as much as the withdawal rate they will end up depleting their principle too soon..

Quote from: Zaguru12 link=topic=5132720.msg645p 33330#msg64533330 date=1726353724
Not that I am against taking off profits from any investment, in fact I usually tell some bitcoin investors that they should have partial profit target to take out some profits. This profits can use to build another investment to serve as diversification such that profits from this new investment can still be use to gain back the bitcoin which was liquidated to build that business. One can also take profit from one’s portfolio to solve some problems in the family or home at least it is far better than going for Loans but all this should be done with a mapped out plan for it so as not to spend off capital think one is spending i

if a person reaches a status of having extra bitcoin, then surely he is in a better place to start to withdraw bitcoin on a regular basis and perhaps take years and years to use up the amount that is excess, and if they employ a withdrawal rate that is somewhere between 4% and 10% per year, it is likely that their bitcoin stash will grown in value faster than they withdraw, especially if they calculate their withdrawal rate plan from BTC bottom price indicators, such as the 200-WMA rather than getting overly excited about spot prices that are almost inevitably going to have a whole hell of a lot of variability in them, so if they calculate their wealth (or the value of their holdings based on top prices they may well end up overly withdrawing and overly depleting their principle. and end up getting kicked out of fuck you status. meaning that their chosen withdrawal rate was not sustainable in light of the costs of their living standards..

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
freedomgo
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1152

Fully Regulated Crypto Casino

View Profile
Today at 04:53:21 AM

But for those who have NOT started their accumulation process, START TODAY, and study everything about Bitcoin while accumulating.

This reply of mine isn’t too technical, but I just want to remind everyone and add something important. Yes, we have plans to invest, whether gradually to hold for the future, but let’s not forget how to secure our holdings—that’s the most important thing aside from not panicking if the market dumps.

I came across a thread about this.

In need of help, got some of my btc stolen?

He was accumulating without realizing that his wallet had already been compromised, with several transactions, particularly withdrawals, that he didn’t make. So you see, hopefully, we can learn from that and prevent it from happening to us. Imagine holding onto bitcoin for 10 years through gradual investment, only to have it vanish in an instant.

Samlucky O

Activity: 406
Merit: 305

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
Today at 08:41:20 AM

But for those who have NOT started their accumulation process, START TODAY, and study everything about Bitcoin while accumulating.

This reply of mine isn’t too technical, but I just want to remind everyone and add something important. Yes, we have plans to invest, whether gradually to hold for the future, but let’s not forget how to secure our holdings—that’s the most important thing aside from not panicking if the market dumps.

I came across a thread about this.

In need of help, got some of my btc stolen?
This link you provided I have gone through it and I don't think if that wallet was compromised. alot of points has been made in regards to that, although some says it compromised while some said it's transaction fee deducted, but no tangible reason to show it was hacked. Because if it was hacked all his funds will have been removed. This was why this kind of  thread was created [General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why?To enable people to be careful About Wallet issues. But anyway we really need to be careful as we are accumulation our bitcoin, we should as well plan to keep our seed phrase safe to avoid Lost of fund. I bump into a thread yesterday on how to stamp our seed phrase on titanium plate, you can take a look at it, Is it swell to stamp bitcoin seed Phrase on Titanium Plates? I believe it will be helpful and will solve alot of problem to those who are afraid of losing their seed phrase to fire outbreak, flood, rodent attack and any form of unforseen circumstances. Although this strategy does not mean we can not use other backup method but just inclusive.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
laijsica

Activity: 210
Merit: 143

View Profile WWW
Today at 09:59:54 AM

An overwhelming number of normies do not seem to know how to figure out how to employ a sustainable withdrawal rate, and so they end up calculating the whole value, and then figuring out how long they want it to last, and so if they have $600k, then they might say that they can withdraw $60k per year if they want it to last for 10 years, and in bitcoin, that might actually work to have a withdrawal rate that is 10% per year, yet for other investments, they are likely not going to be able to retain their value.. so usually they will make the mistake of withdrawing their principle too soon and NOT making sure that their investment is growing at least as much as what is being withdrawn... and if the investment is not growing at least as much as the withdawal rate they will end up depleting their principle too soon..

I think an investor should tend to withdraw depending on the accumulation of a decent stash. If an investor can accumulate $60k (estimated) worth of bitcoins in a year, it might be decent for him and have a 10% withdrawal opportunity during bullish times, so he should probably withdraw $6K worth of bitcoins. But I think if he has the stamina to do it for a longer period of time from regular DCA deposits, he should continue to deposit for a cycle or two or more without withdrawal. Yes every year if he needs extra money for foreign trips or other needs he can decide to withdraw a % as per his convenience. Also, the more bitcoin holdings an investor has, the more financial independence an investor has, and the more influential bitcoin holders become.

Quote from: Zaguru12 link=topic=5132720.msg645p 33330#msg64533330 date=1726353724

if a person reaches a status of having extra bitcoin, then surely he is in a better place to start to withdraw bitcoin on a regular basis and perhaps take years and years to use up the amount that is excess, and if they employ a withdrawal rate that is somewhere between 4% and 10% per year, it is likely that their bitcoin stash will grown in value faster than they withdraw, especially if they calculate their withdrawal rate plan from BTC bottom price indicators, such as the 200-WMA rather than getting overly excited about spot prices that are almost inevitably going to have a whole hell of a lot of variability in them, so if they calculate their wealth (or the value of their holdings based on top prices they may well end up overly withdrawing and overly depleting their principle. and end up getting kicked out of fuck you status. meaning that their chosen withdrawal rate was not sustainable in light of the costs of their living standards..
Yes, an investor should have the freedom to do so, but given the current stock market or most other investment conditions, investing in Bitcoin seems far more reliable to me. There must be an abundance of real assets, but if an investor tries to observe the future price trend of Bitcoin, it can easily be predicted that it will increase a lot. Many critics are seen running various disinformation campaigns on Bitcoin's upward trend but most of the time we see its price bouncing back. I can see if the young entrepreneur or investor at the moment tends to accumulate bitcoins on a regular basis, it can greatly benefit them in the future. That's when they realized how much Bitcoin could rise in value.

██████████████     D u e l b i t s  ORIGINALS    ►►►  PLAY KENO [NEW]     ███████████████
Dice  Mines  ◥ Plinko  Duel Poker  ◥ Dice Duels
███████████████     10,000x MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO50% REWARDS     ██████████████
Pages: « 1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 [546]
  Print  

Jump to: