Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:33:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do your research before investing in ICOs  (Read 54583 times)
Aniwura

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:27:11 PM

If research can totally save from scam, it would gave been good.
You don't just trust a project, because of a positive outcome of research. Always have it in mind that it can turn out to be a bad dear, which is why you nerd to invest what you can afford to lose.
The developer might mean good, but he might not be skilled enough to handle the project, which might lead to failure.
mangsitin

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:52:26 PM

All the business that you are going to do must use a lot of calculations and research, so that it will minimize losses and optimize profits, let alone investing in Crypto which is very risky, requires good research.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 10:03:50 PM

There is still no guarantee that you won't be deceived even when you make your research.

You will be deceive if you just do a lazy research about the ICO project. Researching about crypto project is not only by reading their whitepaper and checking out their website, but its about you reading the whitepaper, looking at how feasible the project is to the entire crypto ecosystem and world in general. Also, how different the project is compared to other similar projects which are already in the system. This allows you to know how real this ICO project can be. 
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 10:09:06 PM

There is still no guarantee that you won't be deceived even when you make your research.

You will be deceive if you just do a lazy research about the ICO project. Researching about crypto project is not only by reading their whitepaper and checking out their website, but its about you reading the whitepaper, looking at how feasible the project is to the entire crypto ecosystem and world in general. Also, how different the project is compared to other similar projects which are already in the system. This allows you to know how real this ICO project can be. 

It's not about being lazy, I would say. Because there are projects that know how to make a well-written whitepaper without leaving a hint that they will just scam their users. Even legit teams can screw their project. But of course, doing your own homework should be your basic task before investing to any project. And you are just here, hoping that they will deliver their promises as stated from their roadmap and hoping that they will be honest running their show.
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:09:31 PM

ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.

Research before investing in ico is a very much important for a wise investors in crypto business.
Because if we didn't apply this for sure in the end there is  high chances for us to lose our capital investment.
And in every ico project there is a reference for us to find out if it is legit or not one of this are having a
whitepaper, roadmap plan their team behind the project and the background itself too something like that.
goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:17:44 PM

You cannot just invest and hope it will succeed in the future. It will decrease the probability of being a scam knowing you research about it. Investing is not a gambling game. You can gather datas to tell whether it is investable or not. Its like going to war with guns , bombs and knives with you.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
jojohamasa

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 11:20:34 PM

ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.
At first, without experience, my research was not deep enough
This caused some losses for me
but it is a learning tax
now the situation is changing. I am studying the project in an integrated way
Whitepaper
the team
partners
and some other points.
Wyndesam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:22:32 PM

Yes, that is the first you have to do before investing in ICO, after you have make proper research, make enquiry from your colleagues that you are in the business you are good to go. But it is advisable not to invest all you money in one project
It seems to me that it is better not to invest in ico , the ico market is definitely dead now , not one project does not collect software cap, all moved projects to ieo

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram | Bip Wallet | Twitter
Wayrey2020

Activity: 198
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:37:18 PM

The point is people don't believe in ico anymore so it more like researching on what you already know it's not true, and more before doing any investment aside ico you need to do enough research on what you are going in with so as to be sure about it.
Anyone who doesn't research is probably the owner of the project or new commer.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:44:25 PM

Research must be done and become a must. Through research, you will know many things and can avoid the worst risks of an ICO. At the very least, do not immediately follow ICo without doing research.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:56:16 PM

Doing some research before doing anything important - is a good strategy. In any sphere. So, that looks quite strange when FCA says such an obvious things I think Smiley

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Kriptos

Activity: 532

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:12:11 AM

conducting research is indeed very important so that we do not fall prey to fraud under the ICO. I think the FCA has reminded us to be more careful in choosing an investment place at the ICO and my hope is that in the future all ICOs will be better, there will be no more frauds. so ICO investment will become popular with many people returning to invest in ICO.

Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:19:17 AM

Wherever easy money is possible, some fraud is inevitable. Investors need to do thorough research before investing in anything whether it is an ICO or existing coin.
ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:24:01 AM

To invest in ico is bot a joke thing, we should really do a further research ir a background research to the ico we plan to invest with. Because if you just join in an ico without doing such thing may lead you into not earning profits.
thinkright
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:26:14 AM

Personally anything that involbe money needs to be thoroughly assessed to mitigate any form of risk. Investing in ICOs lately don't turn out well due to the market conditions.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:32:38 AM

In any type of investment we need to research, setting our expectations and making things possible by seeing the potential of those assets that we are eyeing to place our money, this is a must to make a good position in anyhow, best to have good sets of plans.

ICO's is no different, it's also another ways for investing our money so we do need to value it by doing a hard research, especially now that the market is no longer favoring our investment.
kamBlanV

Activity: 441
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:34:24 AM

ICO regulations that are covered by some agencies do not provide enough positive value to investors. only a part of the ICO scam was responded to by the agency. so I think. Unclear regulations today still make investors worried. I have experience investing in an ICO. my capital is gone and I only get regrets.

hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:39:44 AM

i do make researches into my ICOs before investing into it because that is one the possible ways to avoid throwing your money into some useless ICO. Researching into the ICO also gives you a fair idea about the development plans of the project and makes you to make an important decision as to how much to invest, how long to hold the tokens before selling it off.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Spotlessvillian

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 01:07:13 AM

Yes it is the best way to secure your money from scam investment. You need to research more informations before investing in ICOs.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 02:16:28 AM

Well i think everyone of us need to research because it really involve profit ee can loss or earn on it depending on our strategy. I believe that all of is already know about do many scam ico on thr crypto feild. I think investing in ico without researching is like lossing an asset.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: