Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:45:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do your research before investing in ICOs  (Read 54571 times)
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 08:55:15 AM

Back in the year 2017 ICO's are so profitable and actually many of the bitcoin millionaires born in that year. Today year of 2019 ICO's are not profitable for me because there a lot of project that seems legit but actually scam. So doing research is good for those who wanted to stay investing in ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 09:00:22 AM

Today year of 2019 ICO's are not profitable for me because there a lot of project that seems legit but actually scam. So doing research is good for those who wanted to stay investing in ICO.
Indeed. Most of ICOs nowadays has a good whitepaper and attractive platform; however most of them are just inspired by successful projects that are launched way back in 2017. Thus, doing a research before investing nowadays isn't enough. In my opnion more factors should be considered.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 09:10:26 AM

It's actually undoubted that people always do research before investing. What makes people still falling to a scam project is because each people has a different research methods. Also, the difference point of view from each people can make this worse. Unfortunately, we are not able to unite other people's view.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 09:32:04 AM

Of course you must have to research it first before investing in ICOs there are still a lot out there scam ICOs, making an investment is very risky all the time if you have not to be more careful you might loss your money anytime.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 12:29:26 PM

Not just in ICO but in all of your investment .
You should know what you are investing in so you wouldn't be a victim of scams.
You shouldn't be lazy to just put up your money if you don't want to cry because of being scam .

Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 01:15:39 PM

When you don't research before investing, it will be like you are throwing your money away. You have to research about the project at all cost before investing in it. Researching will inform you of the details of the project.

sh4dtechnr
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 01:35:09 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2019, 01:51:12 PM by sh4dtechnr

ICO is no longer so profitable and popular now in the cryptoindustry as before. HYIP is gone and people no longer invest like crazy into anything. And on good exchanges they only conduct an IEO (a new way of ICO) of quality projects.
There is a projects started by professionals in the blockchain industry, who know their business and market sentiment exactly. Investors are now much more cautious: I noticed that recently only carefully thought-out, technological and fairly decentralized coins receive support, move on and achieve success.
In particular, I really like the project Veil. The network started without any ico at all, but it is already traded on exchanges. There was no premine, the network is supported solely by the community, which is growing day by day. The coin, like Bitcoin, is deflationary and only 14,668,633 coins will be issued in total - less than Bitcoins. It is the privacy (anonymous) coin and very technological. The price is now only 33 cents, but the dynamics of the growth of attention to the coin from the community is very impressive and who knows what kind of price will we see in future.)
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 07:52:57 PM

When you don't research before investing, it will be like you are throwing your money away. You have to research about the project at all cost before investing in it. Researching will inform you of the details of the project.

Very logically, everything must be learned carefully and smartly to make a profit for you. This isn't an easy thing you do right now because many people have failed this.
It seems to me that in 2016 and 2017, the most relevant was the study of all available information on the ico company, because almost 90 percent of all projects showed at least some results, but more tears than the best fairly good development rate.  Earnings were appropriate.  And today, if you study the information and you liked something, it still does not guarantee success.
restuibu

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 08:00:27 PM

The first research done was to look at the concepts offered after seeing the team that was in the project and if all looked good I then we studied the whitepaper

Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 08:03:04 PM

Crypto investment is a very risky one and in order not to lose a lot in crypto world the best thing to do is proper research before investing in any ICO project. I think proper research to some extent minimizes the risk in crypto investment.

sijonru

Activity: 461
Merit: 17

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 02:21:01 AM

Not just in ICO but in all of your investment .
You should know what you are investing in so you wouldn't be a victim of scams.
You shouldn't be lazy to just put up your money if you don't want to cry because of being scam .
I strongly agree, that investing in any business must go through previous research to ensure that the money invested is not lost, because without research it is equally risking money in an unclear business.
Research must also be carried out before ICO cryptocurrency investment, where the developer must be clear, analysis and prospects for coins to be launched so the results do not disappoint.

mcnocon2

Activity: 616
Merit: 18

📱CARTESI 📱INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 02:30:18 AM

Yes that is the most important thing to do in investing, not just in ICOs but everything that involves your money. Get a background of their team if you see some redflags on their founders and core team then don't hesitate to leave that project and go another project with a team that have a good background.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 03:08:17 AM

Yes that is the most important thing to do in investing, not just in ICOs but everything that involves your money. Get a background of their team if you see some redflags on their founders and core team then don't hesitate to leave that project and go another project with a team that have a good background.
When you smells something bad then don't go any further, redflags is an indications that you need to move forward and forget about such project, it's your money that you needed to protect, stop regretting after you lose but start being wise to keep investigating about any investment project that you will going to do with your money.

Experienced already give us hint that any investment needs a deeper study and research.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 03:15:43 AM

ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.
I will always do research and analysis before deciding to invest in a project. Choosing a project in investing is risky because we will risk the assets we have. When we are right, we will gain a number of benefits and when we are wrong we will suffer losses and even lose all the assets we have. Investing in an ICO project must be really good.
Quantum907

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 03:18:15 AM

The first research done was to look at the concepts offered after seeing the team that was in the project and if all looked good I then we studied the whitepaper

Good research certainly makes us likely to have big profits and avoid loss or get scam, I always do research before investing because I care about my money,

Thank you
charlop24
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 04:14:46 AM

On making an investment in any project during ICO. Its best not to depend on the public for the information you need. The perception of the public could be influenced by media and advertising which have been structured by the project.
Lambe Ndumble

Activity: 569

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 04:26:48 AM

Research is a good option to know the project perfectly than invest some ico with not doing research from it. Because lot of ico that i've been join getting scam and wasting some time and money.

Research is the most important thing to ascertain whether we are following a good project or a scam, most people only believe in the news without doing research so that when they are hit by a scam they are sorry.

..........///....../////..........
innocentone
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 05:48:03 AM

ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

Of course I do research whenever I invest in ICOs. I looked unto it deep, like reading the whitepaper, searching for grammatical errors (a good project makes sure that their whitepaper has been proofread a lot of times), and check the capability of the team.

Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 06:48:48 AM

Of course I do research whenever I invest in ICOs. I looked unto it deep, like reading the whitepaper, searching for grammatical errors (a good project makes sure that their whitepaper has been proofread a lot of times), and check the capability of the team.

With growing popularity on IEOs, i think investor dont have to make their own research. Its already done by exchanger. But if we join in IEOs, better choose IEOs from reputable exchanger and i am believe its more safe to us

blockchainwriters

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 07:12:28 AM

before investing in any ico i follow my personal well analysis website icorating.com they have in-depth data analytics to research in any ico
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: