Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:55:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do your research before investing in ICOs  (Read 54571 times)
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 08:09:39 AM

Its been almost 2 years since the cryptomarket boomed, along with it is the ICOs who would want to ride the band wagon. Within that year ICOs and its bounties are profitable. Though at that time we still need to be very careful on what bounties and ICOs we invest our time and money with as the scammers who would want to take money from these people who does not know anything in the industry, are lurking. Right now any people who would want to invest in any cryptocurrency and ICOs should always study or review the project or the market as they will either be scammed or the market will not take interest in the project.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kocret02

Activity: 1120
Merit: 250

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 08:18:24 AM

Of course, we mustn't invest in ICOs or IEOs without taking research firstly. Put our money on random projects is absolutely too risky and possible to lose it. At least, we have tried to prevent everything through research and analysis in order to minimize the scam.
Not all ICOs are promising to be invested especially for future investment. For, we know that most ICOs will be probably valuable after hodl in a year or more. That is why being careful and smart in choosing the right ICO by good analysis is a must.

In addition to research and analysis, maybe some of the things we need to do is we have to be smart to look at ICO / IEO projects because there are many things that can be understood in each project such as concepts, team development and roadmap. it determines the success of the project and we can choose it.

airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 09:12:25 AM

I usually study the ICO project that I will buy first, such as reading the whitepaper from the ICO and looking for data about the project owner, so that our investment is more secure
naruto7676

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 11:14:17 AM

It's really appropiate to make a good and valid research before investing not only in the ICO but it was for all the alts in the cryptomarket to be applied. Through this, we can avoid being scam. Because nowadays scammers are everywhere. You didn't might know that your prospect project was a scam so check every detail of every project. But when you constantly prove that the project was real and good like the dencoin so be in it, join and participate.
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 11:55:42 AM

this is definitely what we always remind to every cryptocurrency investors, not only for new comer also for those who has been long time experience in cryptocurrency, we can become rich man if we put our money in a very good project or ICO but also it has very high risk if you involve your self on ICO without any proper research. this ICO nowaday, has become the equipment for scmmer to get benefit, i hope everyone can learn and take some knowledge in this forum.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
aji567

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:17:16 PM

yes, I did research before investing in the ICO. especially tokens that have been sold, the team works well, the website is always updated and the telegram group is always crowded. do not try to invest ICO before you do the above.
Jrfranco

Activity: 786

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 12:18:56 PM

ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.

I agree, because investments like this requires a lot of knowledge because this is our own hard money to be invested in such project, hoping that it could gain an income in the long run after the project is going to live in any exchanges, this is also my advise to my friends who are also investing in ICO to take further study before investing.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:23:57 PM

of course this is the basic thing to do when investing on ico and any other risky investments out there including cryptos but i believe that some investors are lazy and they dont take the time to do a research  . what they do is they only follow thier own instincs on what ico they think is good or too promising  . as a result , they end up blaming the inoscent ico's  . this is why other legit ico will be affected and will recieve a bad reputation to the public .
aderidwan98

Activity: 316

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:36:49 PM

Of course, in investing in crypto, either ICO, STO or IEO, we must do research first on the project, so that we don't regret later
Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 02:17:58 PM

Of course, I try to study the project well before investing money in it.It's my money and I don't want to give it to crooks.But still it is very difficult to recognize the scammers,they come up with new schemes and no guarantee that my money is safe, no one will give me.

This has practically become a song now. A good investor should know well to study, research extensively and pause to think before investing. Losing in any investment is at the sole risk of any investor.
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 02:23:43 PM

This has practically become a song now. A good investor should know well to study, research extensively and pause to think before investing. Losing in any investment is at the sole risk of any investor.
if for an accomplished investor I think they have a way to return lost investment value. if those who are just learning investment maybe they will only hold their assets until the price returns. because actually cutting losses can be done by investors to get good moments to return capital and get profits from other assets.

NibleyIt

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 04:45:40 PM

Is thither anyone who vest without analysis? whether exactly he have to be a noob and its basic age representing him, and have to be impartial when i basic age endowed i n ICO i was scammed on the other hand instantly i get even many information from crypto so explain how it effort what sort of information i have to get and what have to analysis earlier investment in ICO.
bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:03:18 PM

Lack of research is what led most investors into investing in scam or hyped projects which ended up scamming them.
Irrespective of what we do in life, we should endeavour to make research as it all involves money.
ICOs were meant to be a good avenue to help upcoming projects but fraudulent individuals turned into another thing, but it also ended up making investors wise and smart now.
So I definitely agree with you, one should research before investing.

valter_dego

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:22:27 PM

Now it is not profitable to invest in ICO, because ICO Project coins can be bought several times cheaper after listing on exchanges. Now it's advantageous to be holder of coins a large crypto exchange, for example Binance, and participate in the IEO on this exchange.
oli123

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:29:30 PM

I have no great experience with ICO projects, it is rather mistrust of such projects. I joined some, fortunately they were successful.
But of the many reports I read that many of these ICO projects were fraudulent. Anyway, check well before transferring money to such projects.
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 06:16:19 PM

Of course it is the proper thing to do, before any investment, one should go full blown into research  before investing ,try to know the team behind the project, what the use case of the project is,check their social platforms, these could help to some extent.

buzcarn

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:25:49 PM

Yes, of course. By the way, I am having an interesting question. What is your guys attitude towards mining? Cause you know, there are advanced solutions coming onto the market today, so curious to know your opinion on that
hognesaul

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:26:47 PM

Yes, of course. By the way, I am having an interesting question. What is your guys attitude towards mining? Cause you know, there are advanced solutions coming onto the market today, so curious to know your opinion on that

Good evening buzcarn. To tell the truth, I believe much depends on a particular solution and this is basically an aspect that makes mining either profitable or not
buzcarn

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:27:33 PM

Good evening buzcarn. To tell the truth, I believe much depends on a particular solution and this is basically an aspect that makes mining either profitable or not

Fully agree with you. And do you have any companies that are having high standards in here in mind? If so, can you recommend?
hognesaul

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:28:20 PM

Fully agree with you. And do you have any companies that are having high standards in here in mind? If so, can you recommend?

There is one I recently found and the one I consider really advanced. Called Asicequipment - they are popular within the US. Have you heard of them?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: