Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:01:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★★ [CAIx] ★ First 100% PoS At Launch ★ PSP ★★★★  (Read 416401 times)
aaa10247

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:43:54 PM

Please confirm:

We can continue mining CAI until May 18.

When will we no longer be able to exchange CAI for CAIx?

The CAI to CAIx exchange rate will remain at 1:1 until when?

What exchanges will offer CAI to CAIx aside from Coinswap?

Aside from changing from POW to POS what other differences exist between the two?

For those not familiar with POS, how will it be mined? What are the requirements, what algorythmn, how is it different from POW.

What do pool operators need to be aware of when changing?

What is the motivation and benefits of changing CAI to CAIx? Won't it cause more confusion than it is worth?

mdmedina07

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:45:46 PM

Sorry if this information was mentioned earlier but how the coin swap will be executed?
IF i recall correct they said would be something on coinswap where you will be able to exchange 1 to 1 ratio and the exchange will have no fees as the coin devs will pay for it. Once again i might be wrong thats what i recall
That is correct.
Will the coinswap exchange be available soon after the wallet release?
Zimoto

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:55:56 PM

Please confirm:

We can continue mining CAI until May 18.

When will we no longer be able to exchange CAI for CAIx?

The CAI to CAIx exchange rate will remain at 1:1 until when?

What exchanges will offer CAI to CAIx aside from Coinswap?

Aside from changing from POW to POS what other differences exist between the two?

For those not familiar with POS, how will it be mined? What are the requirements, what algorythmn, how is it different from POW.

What do pool operators need to be aware of when changing?

What is the motivation and benefits of changing CAI to CAIx? Won't it cause more confusion than it is worth?

As I understand there is no POW for CAIX so pool operators will not make any changes. 
Coin exchange is only on coinswap and will only remain until 1.6 mill coins are exchanged.
POS is interest in the form of coins paid into your wallet.
Changing from CAI to caix = 1/10th of the coins and move to POS so it's easier to make a new coin.

FYI beware that any coins that are still cai will disappear since cai blockchain will be retired once transition to CAIx is complete.
juggernot

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:08:44 PM

I see a lot of references in the announcement post about certain events occurring when the exchange from CAI > CAIx is complete.  I'm assuming this means when all 1.6 million CAIx are gone on CoinSwap.  My question is, what if this never happens?  For example, someone forgot about their CAI in some wallet and never make the exchange.

If this turns out to be the case (which is very likely), will this prevent the switchover to CAIx on exchanges and such?  Also, in the ANN post it says that mining will end on 5/18.  If there is still CAIx left to be exchanged on CoinSwap will mining of CAI continue?  Will there be any sort of time limit on making the switch on the coins?  If that limit gets hit and there are still CAIx leftover does that mean the total supply will actually be LOWER than 1.6 million?
kjesser

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:28:20 PM

I see a lot of references in the announcement post about certain events occurring when the exchange from CAI > CAIx is complete.  I'm assuming this means when all 1.6 million CAIx are gone on CoinSwap.  My question is, what if this never happens?  For example, someone forgot about their CAI in some wallet and never make the exchange.

If this turns out to be the case (which is very likely), will this prevent the switchover to CAIx on exchanges and such?  Also, in the ANN post it says that mining will end on 5/18.  If there is still CAIx left to be exchanged on CoinSwap will mining of CAI continue?  Will there be any sort of time limit on making the switch on the coins?  If that limit gets hit and there are still CAIx leftover does that mean the total supply will actually be LOWER than 1.6 million?

I think that they will put 1.6 million CAIx on coinswap, people will exchange their CAI for CAIx 1:1, if people who have forgoten about coins they have mined then they will be out of luck as people will be mining CAI right up until the point that the last CAIx has been traded from Coin Swap, anyone with CAI after that will be sad.
juggernot

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:39:09 PM

I think that they will put 1.6 million CAIx on coinswap, people will exchange their CAI for CAIx 1:1, if people who have forgoten about coins they have mined then they will be out of luck as people will be mining CAI right up until the point that the last CAIx has been traded from Coin Swap, anyone with CAI after that will be sad.

I would agree with you, as that method totally makes sense.  But this section from the ANN makes me wonder if that won't actually be the case.

Mining of CAIx in PoS will start today 8 hours after release.
Mining of CAI will cease sometime around 5/18/2014.
The only way to obtain CAIx is by mining CAI and changing to CAIx on Coinswap.
Or purchase CAI from the following Exchanges and changeing to CAIx on CoinSwap.

If the 5/18 date was listed just as an estimation of when enough CAI will have been mined to convert all of the CAIx then that would make sense also.  Either way is fine, just looking for some certainty.  I need to know if I need to start looking for a new coin to mine, or if I can mine CAI till the CAIx runs dry.
coin-swap

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:53:02 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 09:00:46 PM by coin-swap

Hello,

Please make sure you have looked at our Quick Start guide to help you get registered and explain how to deposit your CAI. If you have any trouble we will be in both the #Caishen and #Coin-Swap IRC channels on freenode to assist. You can also email us at coinswapnet at gmail dot com.

We will post the CAI to CAIx exchange link as soon as we have it up and operational. Stuhlman will post up a buy order with CAIx at a price of 1. You will then create a sell order at a price of 1 for any CAI you wish to exchange.

You will use a SELL order to sell your CAI and receive CAIx.
Ignore the trade fee! You will not be charged a fee.
There is also no withdrawal fee.

1. Click on your balance to sell all your CAI
2. The price will already be set to 1. Don't change it!
3. Click on "Submit Sell Order

The Coin-Swap Team
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 07:56:33 PM

I would agree with you, as that method totally makes sense.  But this section from the ANN makes me wonder if that won't actually be the case.

If the 5/18 date was listed just as an estimation of when enough CAI will have been mined to convert all of the CAIx then that would make sense also.  Either way is fine, just looking for some certainty.  I need to know if I need to start looking for a new coin to mine, or if I can mine CAI till the CAIx runs dry.
i agree need to find something new to mine once this is up since we wont be able to Cry .... i just dont undertand how will new coins be generated if no miners

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 08:57:24 PM

i agree need to find something new to mine once this is up since we wont be able to Cry .... i just dont undertand how will new coins be generated if no miners

You will be able to mine the new coins with your existing coins. Just leave CAIx in wallet and it will generate new Caix blocks.

jackfruit

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:46:52 PM

I see a lot of references in the announcement post about certain events occurring when the exchange from CAI > CAIx is complete.  I'm assuming this means when all 1.6 million CAIx are gone on CoinSwap.  My question is, what if this never happens?  For example, someone forgot about their CAI in some wallet and never make the exchange.

If this turns out to be the case (which is very likely), will this prevent the switchover to CAIx on exchanges and such?  Also, in the ANN post it says that mining will end on 5/18.  If there is still CAIx left to be exchanged on CoinSwap will mining of CAI continue?  Will there be any sort of time limit on making the switch on the coins?  If that limit gets hit and there are still CAIx leftover does that mean the total supply will actually be LOWER than 1.6 million?

I would agree with you, as that method totally makes sense.  But this section from the ANN makes me wonder if that won't actually be the case.

If the 5/18 date was listed just as an estimation of when enough CAI will have been mined to convert all of the CAIx then that would make sense also.  Either way is fine, just looking for some certainty.  I need to know if I need to start looking for a new coin to mine, or if I can mine CAI till the CAIx runs dry.

You will be able to mine the new coins with your existing coins. Just leave CAIx in wallet and it will generate new Caix blocks.

Where will we be able to trade CAIx? Will exchanges that already have CAI automatically add CAIx?
StolenCoinSalesman

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:50:31 PM

Everything says available later today, when is that?
kro55

Activity: 1652
Merit: 301

*STOP NOWHERE*

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:24:23 PM

Exchange is ready, waiting for OS X and Windows wallet. If you want more details join IRC Smiley.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 10:26:55 PM

Exchange is ready, waiting for OS X and Windows wallet. If you want more details join IRC Smiley.
I CANT WAIT for wallet i want to see what design they used

reverse02

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:20:19 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 12:12:04 AM by reverse02

another one ..

baseke

Activity: 389
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:30:10 PM

where can i get wallet for cai to withdraw them from exchange to coinswap?
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 11:40:02 PM

Hello,

Please make sure you have looked at our Quick Start guide to help you get registered and explain how to deposit your CAI. If you have any trouble we will be in both the #Caishen and #Coin-Swap IRC channels on freenode to assist. You can also email us at coinswapnet at gmail dot com.

We will post the CAI to CAIx exchange link as soon as we have it up and operational. Stuhlman will post up a buy order with CAIx at a price of 1. You will then create a sell order at a price of 1 for any CAI you wish to exchange.

You will use a SELL order to sell your CAI and receive CAIx.
Ignore the trade fee! You will not be charged a fee.
There is also no withdrawal fee.

1. Click on your balance to sell all your CAI
2. The price will already be set to 1. Don't change it!
3. Click on "Submit Sell Order

The Coin-Swap Team
does this site not have a log in log out function ?

coin-swap

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:14:59 AM

It uses encrypted cookie and email authorization to login. To logout you'll need to clear your cookies.

Register
Login
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 01:51:49 AM

It uses encrypted cookie and email authorization to login. To logout you'll need to clear your cookies.

Register
Login
Ok thanks for the response i will keep a eye on it see when i can start trading my CAI into CAIX and if it is alredy there i guess i missed it lol

TheGer

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:13:58 AM

Looks like mutant Pacman....

another one ..

mdmedina07

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:20:01 AM

I assume we're waiting on the coin-swap exchange now correct?
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: