Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:10:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★★ [CAIx] ★ First 100% PoS At Launch ★ PSP ★★★★  (Read 416395 times)
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:10:21 PM

Stuhlman, don't get me wrong, I respect your work, but I do believe you picked the wrong numbers for the masternodes. Time will tell I guess.

+1

I own 4800 CAIx and I am in the top 100! the masternode will be held by 5 or 6 peoples !

how do you work that out? There will be loads of nodes...

I guess it's just me but I always thought that a wide distribution gives a coin value... How are you gonna justify merchant acceptance if your coins are held by 200-300 people?
Masternodes are intended to help with price stability, that's what it is about. Merchants want a stable currency that does not lose value over short periods of time. There will always be a market for CAIx, but this will help eliminate a huge dump by someone who stands to gain by holding.

20k and 10k per MN can't help ! 100 MN at 1000 CAIx is better than 3 o 4 MN at 10k CAIx !

I am thinking the same. He probably chose the bigger numbers to avoid too much accounting work when making the pay outs.

I see that nobody is happy with this decision! I respect the work of Stuhlman and his team. But, IMHO the MN calculation should be reviewed .

Well im pretty happy with this arrangement, the only thing i wish i could change is having more coins..and thats where i think you guys are getting mad...It just has been reviewed if you didnt notice, and all your crying has probably scarificed some of my distribution profit by adding that last tier, but you dont hear me crying about it...it is what it is, deal with it.

If you expect to profit from the dividends distribution and not from the increase in price of your coins, then I dare say, you are on the wrong track. You should be A LOT more concerned about your coins increasing in price than about getting petty dividends. If 100 people lock 1,000 coins its much better for the price than 10 people locking 5,000 coins - this has been pointed out already. The truth is neither of us knows how the market will react and masternode requirements are not set in stone. Let's just sit back and watch what happens, I am sure Stuhlman will analyze and make further adjustments if needed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quarkkid

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:12:43 PM

indeed, we will see...

and i expect to profit from both

My reputation thread!! ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419456.0
C A Ix > >   CAIx-- Xt7qWX6LTAURHZYzjenTBNfViztCz2z72U
poika

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:23:03 PM

There was not more CAIx than CAI right until 1.6 Mil CAI was mined.  People had plenty of time to swap out.  You could mine and cash in strait up until all the 1.6 Mil CAIx was swapped.  The fact multiple people didn't pay attention to their investments allowed others to keep mining past 1.6 Mil and swap their coins while the 1.6 Mil CAIx was still available.  Snooze and lose is the all I can say.  I mined past 1.6 Mil CAI and was able to swap coins because others were to lazy to keep track of their investments and swap out coins they had owned previous.

For every coin someone was to lazy to swap someone mined a coin past 1.6 Mil and beat them to Coinswap to exchange it.

Thanks!!!!

I know I'm an asshole but I have to admit it gives a sense of satisfaction to see how people complain they weren't given proper warning of the CAIx switch when it was plain as day for a long ass time.  Those people deserve what they get....  Nothing!

Nope - you are an asshole for being so short sighted and not accepting that it is irrelevant whether or not people were aware of the switch. There were more CAI mined than CAIx available - simple logic says that given that fact, some people would get nothing.

I was one of the people "who didn't watch his investment" with this coin.  Lol.  I had CAI as basically a failover because I had greater interest in other coins.  A currency should never lose its value overnight because of a hard fork or whatever.  Imagine giving paper wallets to friends only to have the currency be worth nothing.  It should indefinitely be exchangeable based on a time stamp.  This feels way to scammy it would NEVER happen in say the bitcoin community.  In the end people holding CAI are simply not a part of the community which also shrinks overnight.  It doesn't surprise me the value of CAIx has tanked.  Thankfully, I have been all over Darkcoin!  Good luck CAIx holders.
quarkkid

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:36:39 PM

great story...

fedmahnkassad

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:48:35 PM

Price down to 97103 now. I guess people are not running over their heads to build up their masternodes...
Dany111

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:50:00 PM

This stuff is looking good! Great news.
To bad there are so many negative people out there, i have made alot from Caix already, as i bought it at 50k. I think we will se a good price within a few days when people have had time to realise how good this
coin will be profitwise.

Edit:
Oh this was my first post, i have been lurking for to long it seems. Cheesy
quarkkid

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:58:14 PM

To bad there are so many negative people out there, i have made alot from Caix already, as i bought it at 50k. I think we will se a good price within a few days when people have had time to realise how good this
coin will be profitwise.

Edit:

Welcome on-board...you couldn't of picked a better coin  Cheesy

Price down to 97103 now. I guess people are not running over their heads to build up their masternodes...

oh no...not 97103!! It must be the end... Cry

TheGer

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:25:14 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 12:48:43 AM by TheGer

I think at this point future endeavors need to be attracting new users to CAIx not solely benefitting existing users and holders.  This coin will never take off if it's just filled with holders and no new users interested in buying.

Edit:  and how does one actually become a masternode besides having requisite coins?
quarkkid

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:52:29 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 01:05:40 AM by quarkkid

I think at this point future endeavors need to be attracting new users to CAIx not solely benefitting existing users and holders.  This coin will never take off if it's just filled with holders and no new users interested in buying.

I agree with your comment, however i believe that the PSP should hopefully do this.Once it kicks in and starts moving towards the equilibrium price, people that had doubts will have to accept that its really happening and will get on before it starts moving anywhere near LTC prices. This is bound to attract attention for new-comers to see. Til then im jus gona try get as many cheap coins as poss.

TheGer

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:23:27 AM

Your logic is sound but the future of this coin cannot be based solely on its price projection it has to have value added to it through features or marketplace adoption or some other means to attract people into it.  This is why DRK exploded like no tomorrow.  I was lucky enough to ride it from when it was CPU only all the way up to .02 before I took my profits.

The price stability features are nice but there has to be more for it to thrive.  Price stabilization means nothing if no new people invest in the coin, and people invest for value added features.  Anything else is just day traders, and that's not going to get us where we need to be.

I agree with your comment, however i believe that the PSP should hopefully do this.Once it kicks in and starts moving towards the equilibrium price, people that had doubts will have to accept that its really happening and will get on before it starts moving anywhere near LTC prices. This is bound to attract attention for new-comers to see. Til then im jus gona try get as many cheap coins as poss.
lenhi426

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:40:07 AM

[/quote]
Masternodes are intended to help with price stability, that's what it is about. Merchants want a stable currency that does not lose value over short periods of time. There will always be a market for CAIx, but this will help eliminate a huge dump by someone who stands to gain by holding.
[/quote]

Not really, things change in people's lives and somebody will sometimes feel the need to sell his masternode. Here comes a 20k dump.
[/quote]

Someone who owns 20k CAIx and something changed in his life that will cause him to sell, is not an everyday event. What I said is, he stands to gain by holding, and that's the natural trend we want to create, however, we have no control over an individual's decision. We can only influence the trend not the single actions.
[/quote]
I am very upset about the issue pay coin.! I want to sell!!!! it mulitipool not send for me. Although I run over 2 days with 45mh.s x11. I hope the move with automatic coin.
klopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:52:42 AM

Edit:  and how does one actually become a masternode besides having requisite coins?

+1
newra

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:22:12 AM

800 more CAIx needed for the next tier, too bad out of BTC Smiley
Determined to get there, waiting for one of my other coins to go up so I can dump to pick up the remaining CAIx.

Whoever is dumping now, thanks for make it easier Smiley
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:07:35 AM

Please explain.
I own 212 CaiShen which I bought in mid April.
What is meant by "exchange"?  How?
Are they worthless now?  Dev, please elaborate.
Don't just tell me you destroyed 50 euros of my money.
What is your contingency plan for those of us who missed your games here?
my CAIx address: XtfXfEdahJ3tV4ZnK6atmDeRj4PPP1YdDv
Please reimburse CAIx for my 212.53712887 CaiShen to that address XtfXfEdahJ3tV4ZnK6atmDeRj4PPP1YdDv
or the BTC equivalent which I paid on poloniex, at a price of 0.0005885, so please 1/8 BTC to 1Djxt749scmKHTrZPyUYBQR2yNn9Z4viwG  thanks a lot.

by the way:  There are many ways to inform people properly.
E.g. every bitcoin descendant - so also CaiShen wallet client -
has an alert function that can be used to
ALERT EACH WALLET USER ... INSIDE THE WALLET ... IF YOU FORK YOUR COIN !  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=566164.msg6822654#msg6822654
Please do allow me some surprise ...
... I come back to a coin into which I invested (among MANY others,
and I do not check all if they decide to suddenly completely disappear),
just to notice that my 50 euros have been rendered 0 euros within six weeks.
Can you understand that a little bit?

ask kindly if there's anything that can be done. Then maybe you'll get some help.
Alright, I can see your point.
I now kindly ask what can be done.
What can be done?
My addresses are above.
Thanks a million.

No happy answer on XtfXfEdahJ3tV4ZnK6atmDeRj4PPP1YdDv - yet.

But I understand more now:

1) Long ago, in a country far away, CAIshen was a coin with future and prospects.
2) I believed the dev and the community, so I invested 50 euros into CAIshen.
3) But ouch - CAIshen got completely abandoned, and is worth 0 euros now.
3) There was a time in which people-who-noticed-it could get CAIx for their CAIshen.
4) For some unexplained reason that phase was time-limited.
5) There were not even enough CAIx to give everyone CAIx for their CAIshen?
6) As I am "too late now", some people grabbed my 50 euros worth of CAIx. And admit that here.
7) I am being ridiculed because I lost money to this scheme.

Approximately right?

Thanks.

no sign of a signature
fedmahnkassad

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:07:40 AM

coin will be profitwise.

Edit:

It seems you are a a sock puppet.
TheGer

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:11:39 AM

Ofcourse there was.  Right up until the same amount of CAI produced = the amount of CAIx.  After that people who kept mining CAI could trade in their coins for those left by people to lazy to pay attention and exchange them in time.  Did you think everyone was going to stop mining CAI for you while there was still CAIx to be snatched up on Coinswap?  No, they will keep mining until it was all gone.  Didn't get your coins swapped in time?  Oops!

lenhi426

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:30:54 AM

Ofcourse there was.  Right up until the same amount of CAI produced = the amount of CAIx.  After that people who kept mining CAI could trade in their coins for those left by people to lazy to pay attention and exchange them in time.  Did you think everyone was going to stop mining CAI for you while there was still CAIx to be snatched up on Coinswap?  No, they will keep mining until it was all gone.  Didn't get your coins swapped in time?  Oops!

Please check for me.  not trans 3day . Help help. Boring !!!!!!
Kiiro

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:41:24 AM

No happy answer on XtfXfEdahJ3tV4ZnK6atmDeRj4PPP1YdDv - yet.

But I understand more now:

1) Long ago, in a country far away, CAIshen was a coin with future and prospects.
2) I believed the dev and the community, so I invested 50 euros into CAIshen.
3) But ouch - CAIshen got completely abandoned, and is worth 0 euros now.
3) There was a time in which people-who-noticed-it could get CAIx for their CAIshen.
4) For some unexplained reason that phase was time-limited.
6) As I am "too late now", some people grabbed my 50 euros worth of CAIx. And admit that here.
7) I am being ridiculed because I lost money to this scheme.

Approximately right?

Thanks.

1) True
2) True (presumably)
3) More accurately, on April 19 it was announced that CAI would switch to a new POS currency called CAIx. CAI still had market value until a month later.
3) (I'm not sure why 3 is doubled in your list) True. That time was one month.
4) The reason was that, as a POS coin, there had to be a fixed amount of coins. Since some coins would never be exchanged (lost private keys, forgotten about coins), there couldn't be a full 1:1 exchange held open indefinitely. To ensure that the full 1.6M coins were exchanged completely and yet in timely fashion, a time window was given. If you had your coins on MintPal, they were exchanged automatically. Otherwise you had to send them to an exchange to get them switched for free.
5) There was more than enough CAIx to cover all CAI mined up to the announced CAI end date (May 18). The exchange period actually ran over by a day because not everyone (as you well know) exchanged their coins by the 18th.
6) True, except they weren't yours any more than they were mine. They were for whoever provided proof of ownership of CAI.
7) While I wish it had been stated with more civility by other members of this form, the annoyance people are expressing is due to the fact that you (and many others) appear to be feeling entitled to something you lost when you did not follow the directions.

I'm sorry that this happened to you, and hopefully TheStuhlman comes through for you.
Balitorium

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:05:27 AM

Hello dev team,

as probably many other around here I've started my investment into CAI and CAIx as a miner and I got to say I really appreciate how the project has developed so far.

Anyway I feel that the latest announcement about the masternodes degrades some of the trust you have built up through hard work and good communications in the past.
These are my main concerns regarding the announcement:

• there should be a clearly outlined process on how to become a masternode and how to proove that your node it eligible to receive dividend. The explanation given in the announcement feels pretty "dim".
  • it would be good to know how dividend payout is going to be calculated to give investors willing to set up a masternode means of estimating profits to support their decision.

Without those questioned answered I would expect many investors to turn their back on CAIx which might already be reflected in current decline of price that started right after the announcement.

Hope to hear from you.
Cheers
Balitorium
lenhi426

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:11:29 AM

Hello dev team,

as probably many other around here I've started my investment into CAI and CAIx as a miner and I got to say I really appreciate how the project has developed so far.

Anyway I feel that the latest announcement about the masternodes degrades some of the trust you have built up through hard work and good communications in the past.
These are my main concerns regarding the announcement:

• there should be a clearly outlined process on how to become a masternode and how to proove that your node it eligible to receive dividend. The explanation given in the announcement feels pretty "dim".
  • it would be good to know how dividend payout is going to be calculated to give investors willing to set up a masternode means of estimating profits to support their decision.

Without those questioned answered I would expect many investors to turn their back on CAIx which might already be reflected in current decline of price that started right after the announcement.

Hope to hear from you.
Cheers
Balitorium
Staking starts in 8 to 10 hours after coins are confirmed in wallet.HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
I am boring!! I running 3 day on mulitipool but not trans to wallet ! I comment but......
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: