Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardcap ICO is no guarantee that the project will succeed  (Read 31422 times)
Dellosoft
Copper Member

Activity: 206
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 02:07:29 PM

An ICO hitting hardcap is obviously a sign that it has hype and people have interest in the project. But this is no way a guarantee that the project will do well. What if they don't even have plans to develop a product? What if they show case an MVP to lure people into buying in? What if the team is only after the money? Well, most projects hitting hardcap do better than those which struggle to hit softcap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chika08

Activity: 544

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 02:11:31 PM

Yes that's right, a project reaching it's hard cap is not a guarantee to its success. The team might not fulfill its agenda thus making project to fail. So yes money raised its no guarantee to the success of a project.
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 03:03:58 AM

In this case there is no guarantee against ICC hardcap, many factors affect it all. We don't know what will happen next. Therefore we must have a backup strategy to deal with what will happen because there is no party providing ICO hardcap guarantees that will produce good results.
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 03:41:04 AM

I also think that hardcap is not the only reason or even not a guarantee that a project will be successful. because the determinant is hard work from the developer to continue to run the roadmap consistently and keep prices from falling, increase the community and cooperate with other parties who can support the development of their projects.

Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 03:48:31 AM

ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.
and I also agree on this, what about your opinion?

For being here in more than 1 year, I saw that it is very seldom for the project ico that achieved hardcap. Most of it achieved soft cap, and the saddest things is like what you had mentioned there are few ico achieved hardcap but in the end it didn't succeed. But you can try this one ico project on which I think is good https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5137308.0
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 03:30:39 PM

ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.

Some project can be successful even not reached hardcap, so the project success won't depends on it.
In 2017, there were many ICO's hit hardcap and it was a successful ICO, token value was not dropping after, because many peoples were buying.
but now, it is very rare to see such an ICO that hit hardcap in this long bear market.

Goodvin

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 04:18:29 PM

Unfortunately, even a professional team is not a guarantee of a successful project. Sometimes projects with famous people in the crypto world do not develop. Many good projects were in 2017–2018. The one who managed to invest in them received a good profit.

‗▄▄▄‗
                  ▄███████▄
                ▄██████████▀
              ▄██████████▀    
            ▄██████████▀       ‗▄▄▄‗
          ▄██████████▀       ▄███████▄
        ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀
      ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀
    ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀       ‗▄▄▄‗
  ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀       ▄███████▄
▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀       ▄█████████
 ▀███████▀       ▄█████████
█▀       ▄████████████
   ▀███▀       ▄██████████▀
       ▄██████████████
             ▄██████████
██      ▄████████████████
           ▄██████████
████    ▄██████████▀███████
         ▄██████████
██████  ▄██████████▀  ██████▀
          ▀███████▀
██████▄██████████▀    █████▀
            ▀███▀
   ███████████████▀      ███▀
                    ▀████████████▀        ▀▀
                      ▀████████▀
                        ▀████▀
                          ▀▀
rETERBASE

rSIGN UP NOWr
Jhonyjon

Activity: 116
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 04:24:33 PM

My opinion about the project that has been hardcapped is why it doesn't match the expectations, usually the project has a bad or unclear team, and he made the project as good as possible to attract as many investors as possible to buy the project, I agree also about no ico or premine average projects like success because the team is very focused on development and markets such as sentiavate, apollo, etc.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 06:41:00 PM

I am just wondering how many of the ICO make the hardcap this day. I have seen many project running for almost two years now and yet they do not even reach the half of the hardcap. The success of any project does not depend mostly on the hardcap which is raised but how well the amount raised is managed to achieve the goal of the project. I have witnessed case of mismanagement that led to dispute among dev team. Such scenario will have negative effect on the ICO even though the hardcap is reached.
axel2078

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 07:22:11 PM

Yes that's true, there are project which started developement with just softcap and they did well. This can be attributed to the type of team behind such Projects.
In the same ways there are projects that even with hardcap still fails to offer any tangible or reasonable product or service.
Investors should always research about the team behind any project they wish to invest in.

bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:06:07 PM

I think what determines the success of a platform is the team driving the platform and not in the amount raised. During Public sale, softcap is seen as the minimum amount needed to start the platform, but yet many who have achieved softcap and hardcap failed to deliver, on the other hand, many who achieved these still delivered. Thus justifying my initial statement that, the team is responsible for the success or downfall of a project.

Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 11:11:05 PM

If reaching hardcap is the way out, then a lot of projects would have made their investors millionaires in the crypto space.
You will be amazed that some of those projects are lagging behind, not only in their prices on exchange, but also that their products are nothing to be proud of.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 12:59:46 PM

Unfortunately, even a professional team is not a guarantee of a successful project. Sometimes projects with famous people in the crypto world do not develop. Many good projects were in 2017–2018. The one who managed to invest in them received a good profit.
This is right and we have seen so many projects that people thought would have great market but they terribly failed. I think that you do not have to think just about whether or not they have achieved their hard cap over ICO. You need to be curious about many other things as well. Now look at the Harmony project that was launched over Binance Launchpad. This looks really good. Try to focus on IEOs.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 01:09:57 PM

This is right and we have seen so many projects that people thought would have great market but they terribly failed. I think that you do not have to think just about whether or not they have achieved their hard cap over ICO. You need to be curious about many other things as well. Now look at the Harmony project that was launched over Binance Launchpad. This looks really good. Try to focus on IEOs.
The reality is that ICO haven't gaining enough trust from investors due to the fact they'll never give any assurance for this project survive for a long time.
Even me, why should I risk my money them if I have nothing to get? It is a waste of time and have a chance to make lose my funds.
ICO never look great this time and never think of being profitable for them.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 01:18:53 PM

many expert predicted harmony will be greatest projects at this year.looks like investors wait this IEO on binance launchpad.maybe it will reach hardcap in only few second and continue in exchanges.harmony launched their ieo on correct time.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 01:28:09 PM

I am agree that raised hardcap is not guaranteed that project will be in good price position. let's say about wpp. they are raise around 50 million of dollars but now the price is less than 3 cents USD. It is very far from ICO price.
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 01:29:20 PM

Hardcap is just a goal created by the team of the ICO for the creation of the project. When an ICO reached it's hardcap it should more likely have a complete fund for them to follow their road map. Since ICOs are most likely greedy now, some ICO members sell off their coins instead of supporting it. Most of them goes from 100 to zero because of this dumping.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 01:32:26 PM

If the promoters of an ICO project want to assure their investors that the project will last for long, then they should consider the following methods:

1. Keep a significant amount in escrow, either as BTC, ETH or USDT.
2. Take insurance against business failure
3. Get a an auditor from a reputed third party.

I know very few people are going to agree with my suggestions. But I can tell this with 100% certainty. Unless we impose these measures, the scammers will continue to cheat the investors and vanish with their money.
KrakenZ

Activity: 145

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 01:37:07 PM

Indeed hardcap achievement is not a guarantee that a coin will succeed. But at least the coins that have reached the hard cap have a good future because the project has not been blocked by funding. The cost is not a problem so the development team only works hard to run the project as well as possible. Therefore, in order for this implementation to succeed, the ICO must be truly responsible for planning. This plan should be truly real and workable. Not only that a concept that is not necessarily real can be realized.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 01:48:16 PM

Like Boscoin. The project accumulated funds in a short span of time and there was a craze for it. See it's state now when nobody wants to even talk about it and the team is not active on telegram too.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: