Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:11:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardcap ICO is no guarantee that the project will succeed  (Read 31422 times)
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 09:38:47 AM

What ever it takes even reaches the hardcap or not I'm sure that Dencoin will be a successful project that we may invest and join,This can help us to make profits and the project was designed to help people in the future so this project has the good ideas amd not just benefits their team but also people who will use the project and invest the project.
Yes it has never been a guarantee that the project will succeed and I think that ICO has been rejected by the mass crypto users because of the lacking points and the shortcomings that made people loose their money. So I think that even if there is a ICOs with great ability to achieve the hard cap and maybe a great project, people might still not invest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 10:24:10 AM

Many good projects I know of never did  introduce any form of fund raising e g ICO and I still wonder why they always do better than the ones that are funded
Toraynt

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 03:42:03 PM

But if a project collects the maximum amount of funds, we can say that people like the project, of course hardcap is not the most important thing in the project

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform | $1M Raised
▸ Public Sale starts on May 03 2019◂
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 03:58:14 PM

ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.
and I also agree on this, what about your opinion?

Investors are now staying away from ICO and they have a good reason to be, millions of dollars have been lost in ICO, and there are now better alternatives, like STO and IEO so why risk investing in ICO when there is a much safer environment and profitable too.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 04:11:28 PM

Nowadays, nothing guarantees the success of a project, except that if a project conducts an IEO on the basis of such exchanges as Binance, Huobi or Okex, all other IEO projects are of little profit.
cribusen
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:16:55 PM

There is general no guarantee that a project will succeed and it definitely does not depend on money that they raised. There were some teams that collected 75 million USD and failed to make a good project. The only thing that they did, they dropped the price by 15 times.
Gayong88

Activity: 1540
Merit: 22

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:30:29 PM

ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.
Most projects that reach the hardcap in the future do not guarantee that they will grow or even the price of the coins will decline. But there are also those who reach the hardcap and the project is indeed developing. So it all seems to depend on the project how to respond to the future by reaching hardcap.

There are many things that become a benchmark for evaluating an ico project to succeed or not, the perspective of each person is different. Usually a Project has exposure to both the vision and mission and the time limit. This is where we need to adjust the data and facts when they describe it.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 07:33:12 PM

ICO also counts in the success of a project, because if there is no money, then how can the project move on. The main thing that moves a project is the team, when the team is dedicated and ready to push the project to all lengths, then it will be successful.

AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 08:22:02 PM

I have seen ICO's have raised the hardcap and still couldn't deliver the roadmap and having slow progress. That's why the token price is dropping and the volume is low and it's disappointing knowing they have the money to get things done. However, kudos to other projects even though they have limited budget still they have progress and have a working product.
elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 08:36:03 PM

achieving hardcap means that projects can easily develop because they have a lot of funds but even though the project reaches hardcap it does not mean that the price of tokens when listing will have very high value, because high value means that their products are in great demand by many people. now there are a number of projects that reach hardcap but their products fail, because developers don't work properly ... so I fully agree with you
elcoblast

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 08:44:57 PM

yes nothing one point can be a the benchmark for the success of an ico campaign even though they have reached the point of sale.
but in other case if some campaign launching an IEO is better than conventional ico campign directly to developer wallet

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
Nekoma2018
Copper Member

Activity: 493
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 08:47:33 PM

Why would a project that was able to raise enough money for its idea or aim not succeed, if it wasn't scam from the start
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 08:48:15 PM

There is no guarantee for any project no matter the gaddered money. Everything is about the risks you are ready to take.
Nekoma2018
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 08:49:06 PM

Investors should be very careful on what they put their money on..I've seen quite a good number of projects that wasnt able to raise up to 3k usd but claims theyve achieved their softcap
Nekoma2018
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 08:50:44 PM

Projects like these are normally goes to zero in value in a matter of minutes during exchange listing.. because there was no real investors from the start... just imaginary investors brought up by the team
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 09:39:17 PM

I personally think meeting hardcap should not be a yardstick to judge a project whether it will be successful or not. I have seen projects with Hardcap but still řailed and I have seen projects that didn't meet their Hardcap but they still became successful.

sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 10:47:37 PM

The fact is that this projects are not in to bring something new into the crypto space but rather to fetch their part of the money that is in crypto. Reaching hardcap in an ico has nothing to do with how the intentions of the project will come into reality
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 06:37:16 AM

Nowadays, nothing guarantees the success of a project, except that if a project conducts an IEO on the basis of such exchanges as Binance, Huobi or Okex, all other IEO projects are of little profit.
To be honest, I do not believe in ICO anymore because the projects have not yet been so good in achieving their hard cap and yes there might be some good ICOs out there as well but the overall demand for IEO has been pretty much higher than what it had been for ICO. This is the reason I think we should focus more on IEO for future benefits.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 06:54:34 AM

For a long time now ico's have been finding it very difficult to achieve hardcap, some can't even reach softcap, mostly because of the just ending bear market, and also because most ico's are not meeting up with expectations of investors, the post-ico effect where the ico will dump up -70% of ico price is another reason,
Most ico now lie about reaching their target but after ico the project is unable to develop properly,
Others who managed to meet their target can't manage the funds properly so the project becomes unsuccessful, always somebody among the team will be greedy that is beginning of problem.
Hardcap or not, any dedicated team will work hard to make their project a success no matter the recourse available.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 06:58:31 AM

Yes it is true that reaching the hard cap of the project means to be successful, because even projects reached its hard cap doen't grow further and in the long run their tokens still not that good price to invest with. However reaching a hard cap is also a good thing for a project because several of the projects are not that kind of thing that it could reach its soft cap.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: