Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:44:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardcap ICO is no guarantee that the project will succeed  (Read 31422 times)
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 10:56:22 PM

The of the project become succesful is depends of the devs and the team behind the project , even if the hardcap can reaxh it but the team not forcing it to become successful, the success of every project is came from the devs team.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mahibul49

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 11:09:27 PM

yes i agree with you.lots of project raised hard cap but never deliver any product and do not provide any update about project.i saw some project that didnt raised hard cap but doing pretty well Smiley

tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 11:21:46 PM

yes i agree with you.lots of project raised hard cap but never deliver any product and do not provide any update about project.i saw some project that didnt raised hard cap but doing pretty well Smiley

Those projects that failed after reaching hard cap might have no intentions of giving their deliverables in the first place. Those were created to fill the dev's pockets and they managed to gain the trust of their investors. That situation is really a disappointment to all of us. They know how to deceive their investors by overwhelming promises and great UI of their websites. It is better to invest in a genuine project that starts from small beginnings.
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 11:49:30 PM

i think, ico will success depend on team. they reach of hard cap if they have bad team, it ico will stay in one place. i like ico that until know still developed by their team, and the coin price is great.
in a past, hardcap be a sign for hunter that the ico will success and we can get much money

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
CTRLX

Activity: 910
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 11:56:43 PM

I agree, reaching the hardcap doesn’t mean the project will succeed. Hardwork of the team is still required even after the hardcap. The team should keep working on everything they promised and they should follow the roadmap on time. Sadly many team behind the project don’t care about the success at all.
97percent

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 11:59:40 PM

They should continue to develop the project. Although the project was successful in reaching Hardcap. And after reaching Hardcap the project was experiencing a new challenge and teams had to work hard. I personally have experienced some successful projects reaching Hardcap, but the price after entering the exchange directly fell. We must be thorough in determining the ICO project.

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
patz22

Activity: 1176

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 12:21:06 AM

I totally agree with you OP whatever you have a great project, devs, concept and so forth it wont succeed if the market is not good and the project doesn't have a good marketing strategy to gain investors and good community. Have you seen shivom?thats the best example.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 01:06:41 AM

The success of a project is not dependent on the fact that the ICO reached its hardcap. The success of a project depends on factors like the expertise of the team, the product of the project, the demand level of the product, good marketing strategy etc.

NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 01:16:57 AM

ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.
and I also agree on this, what about your opinion?

I share on this. If you compare a sold out ICO to one which is not a sold out, the trust would definitely be given to the former. But this is never a guarantee that the former will perform better than the latter. As a matter of fact, there are top coins out there whose ICOs never ended up sold out. Everything will end up on the devs and the vision and idea they are pushing. Not to mention their determination to really release an innovative, disruptive product for the bigger population.
FrozenBit

Activity: 657
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 01:31:57 AM

ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.
I agree with you. WPP has achieved near hardcap and only lacks 0.5%. but its developer really made me quite disappointed in WPP. They have attracted 59 million dollars and now they just try to develop products and don't care about investors. Despite WPP prices plummeting over the past few months and now businesses are only rated at $ 1 million.
This is bad. For projects that already have investment funds, they only need to develop the community and its price after listing exchange is definitely very high. I used to know so many projects.
MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 01:36:01 AM

Sometimes that's very much convincing when we hear a project have reached a hardcap. Expectations were very positive and more people will think 100% success, but you don't know after launching the project was ran by fraud developers. Certainly we can't guarantee any hardcap or whatsover promises, but to have an assurance let's find out everything when a project will be launched successfully without even bothering for any hardcap fulfilment.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Pelana vreo

Activity: 744
Merit: 10

Syntrum.com

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 02:18:31 AM

There are many projects that I cannot reach when they are registered with CMC but they do not run the ICO, but if there are many requests they will pre-sell and make a lot of improvements to the products they have.
there are many projects that reach hardcap if they run the ICO but do not guarantee they will use funds from ICO to develop the project quickly.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
wack slacker

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:04:43 AM

A successful project usually starts with a good development team and their partners.  It is my experience to join my IEO and ICO.  There are many mobilization projects that get Hardcap but they cannot do well for many different reasons.  Most are Founder who do not work, they receive money and delay the progress of the project.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:46:21 AM

I know a number of projects that reached hardcap target last year but now the price is more than 90% below ICO price. This must be detrimental to investors because they must expect profits from their investments but what happens is that the project does not run well or even stagnates
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:48:12 AM

Values can be manipulated because we must be careful when looking at a project. don't just look at their claim that it has reached hardcap but check in full whether it is good or not. because now it is not a guarantee if hardcap will be a benchmark for success

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Jpti

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:29:34 AM

Projects without ICO, IEO are more serious that those launching ICO and IEO according to examples of some projects without ICO. There maybe many factors behind why such projects are serious and often end up in a successful way. One of the reasons that they are serious as they are running their project with their own investment.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:31:45 AM

Yes you are right,even scam projects reach hardcap and after that they slowly disappear into thin air ,these shouldnt be your focus when hunting for good projects to invest in
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 05:34:04 AM

Definitely
Look at most of the project here

I won't really care on the hardcap/softcap but most project that have a high ICO hardcap would be in the tough state to maintain their company/token valuation.
Most ICO are just a plain idea you see
No matter one crowdfunded $5m, or $100m. Everyone start with a plain idea (Exclude those who transform from the traditional business/or one with existing business)
If you have a hardcap of $10M, with 50% on Public sale. This means that you valuate your company at $20M marketcap

Here comes the problem, what do you have to valuate the $20M? By a plain idea? Nope
It is very hard that a project will succeed especially if they crowdfunded too much. They need a very perfect/good product so their token would worth something
andrearz

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:49:58 AM

Values can be manipulated because we must be careful when looking at a project. don't just look at their claim that it has reached hardcap but check in full whether it is good or not. because now it is not a guarantee if hardcap will be a benchmark for success
I once participated in a bounty campaign on the project when it reached Hardcap, but in the end they took away all the money from all investors, that's why if we invest we have to be more careful.
HanaTenun

Activity: 817
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:56:05 AM

I once participated in a bounty campaign on the project when it reached Hardcap, but in the end they took away all the money from all investors, that's why if we invest we have to be more careful.
it becomes clear evidence that it does not see the achievements that have been obtained. the project can also fail overnight. even though it reaches hardcap, it is not necessarily the maximum development. even that made my suspicion, maybe the hardcap that was published was just manipulation.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: