Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:23:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡️⚡️[ANN] ⚡️⚡️ BORA - Flexible Blockchain Platform: Official Regular Updates  (Read 8387 times)
kriszz50983

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 06:48:09 AM

I am still a little bit dazed here. How real is it that one can send their tokens using an email address, I mean, is that even feasible? Is it something that can be done literally or it's just some kind of email confirmation?

I can see you're surprised indeed. The truth is that it's possible and has been in existent for a long time. I remember Coinbase Wallet has that functionality, though it's been a long time since I used the wallet. I remember one could transfer Btc to other coinbase users with just the email address.

Bora adoption of this modality is awesome. Users of the bora wallet don't need to bother so much about the public address which may be impossible to recall, but remembering the email address is very simple. Bora also implemented the free transaction fee on her wallet, making sending and receiving tokens seamless and free.

Does this mean our email address will be the BORA wallet address?  While sending tokens to other users I just need to mention email address?  But what will happen if I want to send tokens to the ERC20 wallet?  Or any other exchange?

BITWINGS-Guaranteed worth $0.20 (http://bitwings.org)Minephone-First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/months (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
Nathan01

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 08:32:16 AM

I prefer random selection from the community to participate in the testnet.
At least it will give the representative output from a diverse set of individuals.
If coming from selected investors, bias is always there because they have vested interest on this project.

I quite agree with this position as well, having a large pool of testers would be great as well but I guess first stage is Beta testers open to only 60 participants as standard amount

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
Maebeo2017

Activity: 242

I am A Champion for all I care

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 08:40:36 AM

I am still a little bit dazed here. How real is it that one can send their tokens using an email address, I mean, is that even feasible? Is it something that can be done literally or it's just some kind of email confirmation?

I can see you're surprised indeed. The truth is that it's possible and has been in existent for a long time. I remember Coinbase Wallet has that functionality, though it's been a long time since I used the wallet. I remember one could transfer Btc to other coinbase users with just the email address.

Yeah not really a new thing in the blockchain today but its predominantly used in exchange and banking service and not game service like BORA is all about. That may be the difference here.

▄████▀     inSureToken.net     ▄█▀     inSure Your Crypto Portfolio!     ▄████▀
██  Let's build a trustful community together!  ██
Ace44

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 08:52:37 AM

So right now BORA Island is still in its testnet phase with TEST-BORA and TEST-SHELL tokens. Does anyone know if they will reward early testers of this testnet with real tokens?

I will love to also know more about this and if it will be segmented to an alpha and beta test phase, it will also be nice if the entire community is given the opportunity to test it out through a selective process, like selecting of active members, this will ensure the proper flow of interest across the community and give them the chance to be part of the brand

What we actually need to do in such testnet? Do I have to be expert of something to participate in testnet or I can do as normal user who is going to use this platform?

I'm not really sure on the process involved in the selection of participants for the testnet but its usually a process that involves picking of random active members from the community or some selected investors, either way, i believe the former is much more acceptable than the latter, testnest process have a way of making a project look authentic and valid
At least it will give the representative output from a diverse set of individuals.
If coming from selected investors, bias is always there because they have vested interest on this project.

You're right but having it be like a random thing will stripe off those that have been relevant to the project, like active members, so even if it will be random, it has to be in a way that the active embers will be giving a chance to actually participate in the testnet and they will be in a better position to give their reviews, since its something that they are passionate about
Lizcrypto

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 10:33:36 AM

So right now BORA Island is still in its testnet phase with TEST-BORA and TEST-SHELL tokens. Does anyone know if they will reward early testers of this testnet with real tokens?

I will love to also know more about this and if it will be segmented to an alpha and beta test phase, it will also be nice if the entire community is given the opportunity to test it out through a selective process, like selecting of active members, this will ensure the proper flow of interest across the community and give them the chance to be part of the brand

What we actually need to do in such testnet? Do I have to be expert of something to participate in testnet or I can do as normal user who is going to use this platform?

I'm not really sure on the process involved in the selection of participants for the testnet but its usually a process that involves picking of random active members from the community or some selected investors, either way, i believe the former is much more acceptable than the latter, testnest process have a way of making a project look authentic and valid

i agree with your point..i too believe that  Random selection of participants  eliminates bias by giving all individuals an equal chance to be chosen.
Leo1190

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 10:47:46 AM

You're right but having it be like a random thing will stripe off those that have been relevant to the project, like active members, so even if it will be random, it has to be in a way that the active embers will be giving a chance to actually participate in the testnet and they will be in a better position to give their reviews, since its something that they are passionate about
Random participate in the testnet will allows everyone or everything within a specific to have an equal chance of being selected. Where It shows the process that builds an inherent fairness into the project and more promising.
em777

Activity: 574

when you are fed up transfer your crypto to me

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 04:19:23 PM

well as easy as it make seem the team have to make sure it is very secure most of the time it is not about the simplicity or ease of use of a system that matters, the big question is that is the system secured

r e c k o o n             ONE STOP SHOPPING APP
Global Shopping Platform (https://ieo.reckoon.com/)
[[[[[[
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 04:26:26 PM

Bora adoption of this modality is awesome. Users of the bora wallet don't need to bother so much about the public address which may be impossible to recall, but remembering the email address is very simple. Bora also implemented the free transaction fee on her wallet, making sending and receiving tokens seamless and free.

For me it's not easy to understand how this email address based token transfer will work. And how secure it will be? Do we need to link email with our wallet address?

You don't need to do anything, every account has a unique identifier which is the email address. The wallet address is linked to the email address since the email address is unique. The most important factor that you need to worry about is that you receive the payment which is expected from the sender.
jumiapaul
Copper Member

Merit: 3

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 04:41:53 PM

well as easy as it make seem the team have to make sure it is very secure most of the time it is not about the simplicity or ease of use of a system that matters, the big question is that is the system secured

Yes, that's true. Security should be the watch word even as the team are Striving to make the wallet transactions more convenient for users. That's the issue with technology, it always gets better.
Ace44

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 09:47:27 PM

You just made a very succinct point, i can't stop highlighting the fact that security is a very important aspect of an organization and comes with a lot of benefits, such as trust and creates that sense of transparency among users and the community as a whole, a good number of projects in the crypto industry don't take this seriously and its one of the challenges
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 09:56:44 PM

Random participate in the testnet will allows everyone or everything within a specific to have an equal chance of being selected. Where It shows the process that builds an inherent fairness into the project and more promising.

Random selection from its active followers sounds good.
They should have at least show interest to this project. Because if a user is not interested at all, he will not give effort to give comprehensive feedback.
Untainted and well-thought feedback is always good for the project.
In that way, the team can address the necessary improvements to their network and prioritize the aspects to be enhanced first.
champ005

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:18:43 AM

They should have at least show interest to this project. Because if a user is not interested at all, he will not give effort to give comprehensive feedback.
In that way, the team can address the necessary improvements to their network and prioritize the aspects to be enhanced first.

So the BORA team will be selecting random people or how it will be? What I need to do if I want to take part in this testnet?  Where I can find that information?
kriszz50983

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:47:11 AM

This is just an idea or they actually have working product?  Will there be any testnet soon to check and verify if it's really possible?  And how secure it would be.

BITWINGS-Guaranteed worth $0.20 (http://bitwings.org)Minephone-First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/months (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
Ace44

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 02:43:26 PM

That's right, i see no reason adding up someone who cares less about the outcome of a project or someone who just wants to participate in airdrop, that's if the project is offering any, core investors that are active are best bet in terms of selecting who to test out the process/testnet and drop concrete feedback that will help in the overall success of the project
Nathan01

Activity: 728

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 03:43:50 PM

Participating in gaming activities in the blockchain could be likened to node services and is a very potent form of security of the blockchain against attack.

A big question here: How scalable is the platform?

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
jumiapaul
Copper Member

Merit: 3

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:37:40 PM

This is just an idea or they actually have working product?  Will there be any testnet soon to check and verify if it's really possible?  And how secure it would be.

I guess they're already working on the modalities to ensure it's implementation. I know it would undergo the necessary test before it would be made available to the public. On the security of the wallet, I believe that bora has what it takes to guarantee the security of her wallet.
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Merit: 5

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:27:58 PM

Am in agreement with your view, the random selection should bring active members from the community who are knowledgeable and would carry out the task diligently. There's no need to use bounty hunters for the task, because it would be poorly done and the purpose for which it was set up may not be achieved.
Voucher-MN
Copper Member

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

https://voucher-co.in

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 06:48:06 PM

This is a good idea! But it is difficult to implement. However, this will have a good effect on the adoption of cryptocurrency.

VOUCHER CRM  First cloud CRM based on the Blockchain with Masternode/PoS, high ROI...
                         BitcoinTalk | Discord | Website | Telegram | Medium - Business application!
Ace44

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 08:02:59 PM

I guess they're already working on the modalities to ensure it's implementation. I know it would undergo the necessary test before it would be made available to the public. On the security of the wallet, I believe that bora has what it takes to guarantee the security of her wallet.

Not sure if they have outlined the security measures in place, if they haven't, then they should do so by briefing the community what they have to ensure the security of their wallet, it shouldn't be all out because of the negative side of spilling such, if possible, something that makes their security different and it should be in away that will encourage users to use the wallet productively
Lizcrypto

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 03:49:05 AM

well i heard this for first time that email address is gonna utilise for sending token dont know how sensible and achievable it is but undoubtedly possibilities  are team might have considered the security concerns too for using it.

Not sure if they have outlined the security measures in place, if they haven't, then they should do so by briefing the community what they have to ensure the security of their wallet, it shouldn't be all out because of the negative side of spilling such, if possible, something that makes their security different and it should be in away that will encourage users to use the wallet productively
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: