Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡️⚡️[ANN] ⚡️⚡️ BORA - Flexible Blockchain Platform: Official Regular Updates  (Read 8387 times)
Anilbg

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 10:48:47 AM

I am still a little bit dazed here. How real is it that one can send their tokens using an email address, I mean, is that even feasible? Is it something that can be done literally or it's just some kind of email confirmation?

I can see you're surprised indeed. The truth is that it's possible and has been in existent for a long time. I remember Coinbase Wallet has that functionality, though it's been a long time since I used the wallet. I remember one could transfer Btc to other coinbase users with just the email address.

This is just an idea or they actually have working product?  Will there be any testnet soon to check and verify if it's really possible?  And how secure it would be.

I guess they're already working on the modalities to ensure it's implementation. I know it would undergo the necessary test before it would be made available to the public. On the security of the wallet, I believe that bora has what it takes to guarantee the security of her wallet.

Not sure if they have outlined the security measures in place, if they haven't, then they should do so by briefing the community what they have to ensure the security of their wallet, it shouldn't be all out because of the negative side of spilling such, if possible, something that makes their security different and it should be in away that will encourage users to use the wallet productively

It's good for the Bora to brief the community of the security measures that have been taken, but that may bore the community especially those without an understanding of how it works. I believe bora has placed taken a robust security measure to ensure that the wallet is safe for individuals to use.

Even as much as we trust Bora developers to carry out their responsibility of ensuring the optimum security of the wallet, I'm of the opinion that the there should be constant review of the wallet to ensure that bugs are detected and corrected. The team needs to acknowledge the fact that there's always more to be done and consistently update the wallet to keep the users satisfied.

Did they announce any other policy that speaks against constant improvement of the wallet?

Lol for now there's no announcement of such that I've heard but I guess he was just making emphasy perhaps based his previous experience meanwhile his point should not be misconceived. Of course, there should be plans for constant  improvement even without being told

Right. There will be continues improvement new update for the wallet. Even after years we see iOS or Android coming with new version, then why can't this wallet does the same.
Getadaaa

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 01:02:35 PM

I have to commend BORA team. It’s an awesome job you got your devs doing here. You actually have a project that’s goes very well with blockchain. I think you should focus on scalability and usability, easy to use and could be accessible to a good number of users.

BEST TIME AND PLACE TO EXIST
Ace44

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 02:12:30 PM

This is a good idea! But it is difficult to implement. However, this will have a good effect on the adoption of cryptocurrency.

I don't think you have checked all the project details.  BORA already made good progress and now are in testing phase. We should see mainnet soon

They have a few apps on Bora Island already. All talked about here on BORA island guide update here; https://steemit.com/bora/@mufjustiner/bora-island-guide-part-2. There’s Push Sushi for games, Shell wallet to exchange Bora tokens for Shell tokens. There’s also Angry birds. I think BORA Island is going to be an interesting blockchain ecosystem.

Let me get this straight, is it strictly just game apps and are the developers of these games given some sort of incentive?, it will be nice to see bora be used as the incentive if any and such will drive the value of token upwards and increase its visibility to the conventional community, angry bird is a known game in the community and its a good thing to have them on board
AngelJoshua

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 02:35:04 PM

I am still a little bit dazed here. How real is it that one can send their tokens using an email address, I mean, is that even feasible? Is it something that can be done literally or it's just some kind of email confirmation?

I can see you're surprised indeed. The truth is that it's possible and has been in existent for a long time. I remember Coinbase Wallet has that functionality, though it's been a long time since I used the wallet. I remember one could transfer Btc to other coinbase users with just the email address.

Bora adoption of this modality is awesome. Users of the bora wallet don't need to bother so much about the public address which may be impossible to recall, but remembering the email address is very simple. Bora also implemented the free transaction fee on her wallet, making sending and receiving tokens seamless and free.

Recently, Ethereum network did something similar for their users but this wasn't a mapping of wallet to email or something but they created a way to enable you map your wallet address (public of course) to any phrase you can easily remember. Something like iwant.tokens.now  I think it's a similar idea implementation BORA is trying to do.

Well having those passphrases is really like a double edge sword to the users or owner of the wallet but it's really good because you know that as long you saved it on the safe place no one will really going to access it if it's the only way to access the wallet.

At your service
gee777

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 06:54:40 PM

I have to commend BORA team. It’s an awesome job you got your devs doing here. You actually have a project that’s goes very well with blockchain. I think you should focus on scalability and usability, easy to use and could be accessible to a good number of users.

Yeah. I must really join you in commending them. I have full confidence in this team also seeing the energy and passion they are putting in this project.
Lizcrypto

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:28:40 PM

actually! Good project good team..its going to be helpful in the world of crypto,i wish a great profit to the team.

Yeah. I must really join you in commending them. I have full confidence in this team also seeing the energy and passion they are putting in this project.
olohifie

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 08:13:10 PM

Indeed there are doing a nice job but talking about accessibility what are the criteria for participation or is it open ended to whoever is willing and also is participation going to be via a kind of mobile application or website based like we see in similar projects
Ace44

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 08:16:05 PM

Bora adoption of this modality is awesome. Users of the bora wallet don't need to bother so much about the public address which may be impossible to recall, but remembering the email address is very simple. Bora also implemented the free transaction fee on her wallet, making sending and receiving tokens seamless and free.

Recently, Ethereum network did something similar for their users but this wasn't a mapping of wallet to email or something but they created a way to enable you map your wallet address (public of course) to any phrase you can easily remember. Something like iwant.tokens.now  I think it's a similar idea implementation BORA is trying to do.

Well having those passphrases is really like a double edge sword to the users or owner of the wallet but it's really good because you know that as long you saved it on the safe place no one will really going to access it if it's the only way to access the wallet.

I think giving users the opportunity to change their public address will really fix a lot of issues, despite the fact that's long and looks secured, hackers where still able to access users wallet because there is no process to notify users when their wallets has been tampered, in a case whereby an email notification is been sent to users and they have the opportunity of changing their address, such will curtail the issue of hacking

AngelJoshua

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 04:50:18 AM

Recently, Ethereum network did something similar for their users but this wasn't a mapping of wallet to email or something but they created a way to enable you map your wallet address (public of course) to any phrase you can easily remember. Something like iwant.tokens.now  I think it's a similar idea implementation BORA is trying to do.

I think giving users the opportunity to change their public address will really fix a lot of issues, despite the fact that's long and looks secured, hackers where still able to access users wallet because there is no process to notify users when their wallets has been tampered, in a case whereby an email notification is been sent to users and they have the opportunity of changing their address, such will curtail the issue of hacking

That will really going to be a big problem. Having more than the passphrases will give mo extra security to everyone that's why we are using like 2FA on other wallets. I guess they will going to have it too so we don't really need to worry.

At your service
Getadaaa

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2019, 07:16:32 AM

Thanks for the update on Bora Island. I saw you had a bounty, some way for participants to earn Bora tokens which could be used on Bora Island when it gets launched. It would be challenging and interesting knowing about your project.

That’s right. It’s going to be interesting and fun on BORA island. I guess that’s why they got the island name. You’ve got games, which looks like fun on blockchain. Do you have your tokens listed on a public exchange? That would be kind of liquidity, I guess you should write about that on your next guide.

BEST TIME AND PLACE TO EXIST
Ace44

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 07:40:50 AM

That will really going to be a big problem. Having more than the passphrases will give mo extra security to everyone that's why we are using like 2FA on other wallets. I guess they will going to have it too so we don't really need to worry.

Absolutely, there's more security options that needs to be added to this features which will be like a welcome development and open more doors for the community, personally i find it hard using some features like the wallet because the public address thing can be as scary as hell and has given a lot of individuals the reason to use external hardwares 
ning_aric

Activity: 826
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 07:44:48 AM

Cool project and an awesome update. I guess it’s not going to be just push shushi, your shell wallet and a few bApps on your island. Would you make bora island open sourced? Can I or new developers create new bApps on bora island? Are there  incentives for that?

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Maebeo2017

Activity: 242

I am A Champion for all I care

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 07:53:41 AM

Cool project and an awesome update. I guess it’s not going to be just push shushi, your shell wallet and a few bApps on your island. Would you make bora island open sourced? Can I or new developers create new bApps on bora island? Are there  incentives for that?

There should incentives for running DApp but since Bapp is a relatively new concept we should it's popularity increase in time to meet current blockchain hype.

I'd expect to see this grow especially with the amount of positive flowing in to the ecosystem currently

▄████▀     inSureToken.net     ▄█▀     inSure Your Crypto Portfolio!     ▄████▀
██  Let's build a trustful community together!  ██
olohifie

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 09:17:38 AM

Recently, Ethereum network did something similar for their users but this wasn't a mapping of wallet to email or something but they created a way to enable you map your wallet address (public of course) to any phrase you can easily remember. Something like iwant.tokens.now  I think it's a similar idea implementation BORA is trying to do.

What I find very interesting about sending tokens via the email concept is the fact that it's completely free and the ease of remembrance compared to a lengthy code that cannot be memorized easily although I do not know if it's going to be an advantage for hackers. That's a direct question to how secure it really is
em777

Activity: 574

when you are fed up transfer your crypto to me

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2019, 10:24:02 AM

I found an update to bora island guide. Quite a good number of bApps you have on Bora Island. I’ll like to try push shushi and see how it works. Do you have a reward for people who volunteer to test your Island?

yeah, i saw the article too the team are truly working to make sure BORA island is what they envisioned but at this stage they should ensure the platform scales very well and also its user friendly, i as well saw the Ui/UX i gat to say the team are doing  a very impressive job.

r e c k o o n             ONE STOP SHOPPING APP
Global Shopping Platform (https://ieo.reckoon.com/)
[[[[[[
gee777

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2019, 12:47:20 PM

I found an update to bora island guide. Quite a good number of bApps you have on Bora Island. I’ll like to try push shushi and see how it works. Do you have a reward for people who volunteer to test your Island?

yeah, i saw the article too the team are truly working to make sure BORA island is what they envisioned but at this stage they should ensure the platform scales very well and also its user friendly, i as well saw the Ui/UX i gat to say the team are doing  a very impressive job.

They are already telling us they mean business. Honestly they are proving their investors right and are really going prove to the world that they mean business
AngelJoshua

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 02:51:50 PM

Absolutely, there's more security options that needs to be added to this features which will be like a welcome development and open more doors for the community, personally i find it hard using some features like the wallet because the public address thing can be as scary as hell and has given a lot of individuals the reason to use external hardwares 

Yes, Specially if we will use their wallet as our main wallet to exchange or trade conveniently our assets into their tokens and vice versa. Another is if they will really going to have a kyc I hope they are not that strict.

At your service
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 03:31:48 PM

This is a good idea! But it is difficult to implement. However, this will have a good effect on the adoption of cryptocurrency.

I don't think you have checked all the project details.  BORA already made good progress and now are in testing phase. We should see mainnet soon

They have a few apps on Bora Island already. All talked about here on BORA island guide update here; https://steemit.com/bora/@mufjustiner/bora-island-guide-part-2. There’s Push Sushi for games, Shell wallet to exchange Bora tokens for Shell tokens. There’s also Angry birds. I think BORA Island is going to be an interesting blockchain ecosystem.

Angry Birds game is also on Bora chain?  Or it's something different?  I have not checked the article but this game is really popular and I used to play a lot and that why I asked if it's game or what

Ha ha ha... I suggest you to read the article to get clear idea about this project. There is chance to collect good amount of SHELL which you can exchange with BORA tokens.

It's a great concept for Bora to reward users of the platform. I never knew that one gets to earn from playing and having fun. This would lead to an increase in the number of persons who use the bora island. I would have to sign up immediately.
jumiapaul
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 03:38:32 PM

Seems links new updates are available now for BORA.  Check the first post of this thread,  there is one blog link which has good information.

Thanks for the update, I was able to go through the article and it was worth every minute. The article was detailed and gave a thorough walk through on how to use the bora island together with the different wallets and how these wallets could be used interchangeably in navigating on the platform. I can confidently say that I have derived sufficient information to navigate through the platform seamlessly.
gee777

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2019, 07:12:27 PM

Angry Birds game is also on Bora chain?  Or it's something different?  I have not checked the article but this game is really popular and I used to play a lot and that why I asked if it's game or what

Ha ha ha... I suggest you to read the article to get clear idea about this project. There is chance to collect good amount of SHELL which you can exchange with BORA tokens.

It's a great concept for Bora to reward users of the platform. I never knew that one gets to earn from playing and having fun. This would lead to an increase in the number of persons who use the bora island. I would have to sign up immediately.

Mehn. This ia very interesting. Playing games is usually fun and now paying users for playing games will keep users glued to their devices.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: