Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:06:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Bitcoin Rival Is Coming?  (Read 13129 times)
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 06:58:51 AM

The trust of crypto users towards Bitcoin is quite large. It will be difficult to make this coin be defeated but if the market says otherwise it could be that people are more interested to Facebook coin.
it won't be possible I guess. even though facebook has a large market and community support but bitcoin is very strong and has a large crypto community that supports and believes in bitcoin.
Yes, that will be too hard to compete with bitcoin, which already lead the cryptocurrency unless Facebook has something different than bitcoin, and they can offer better technology.
But if they don't have one, then I don't think they will be able to compete with the other coins because Facebook still needs to see their chances to survive in the market.
That will be a difficult job for Facebook to survive in the market especially we know that in the crypto market, there will be a bear trend and bull trend which we don't know when it's arrived.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 07:15:00 AM

If facebook will going to be the one to manage their so-called coin, then there is a higher chance that it will going to be regulated. They will just going to make sure they have their own blockchain to manage their coin well. And what I can see in there, is a great market adoption that will going to happen. We just need to wait and see what it is capable of.
it is awaited, we will see extraordinary market adoption if the market response is very large towards the arrival of this Facebook coin. many people have talked about this big news, and we will be impatient waiting for his arrival in the crypto market.
The trust of crypto users towards Bitcoin is quite large. It will be difficult to make this coin be defeated but if the market says otherwise it could be that people are more interested to Facebook coin.
although Facebook coins can be released but I see if Facebook coins must have innovation that is greater than bitcoin in any case. this is one of the things that might be used as learning to facebook coins if you want to compete with bitcoin.
ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 07:15:52 AM

Yes, this is a great news for everyone. Facebook  has been connected with this technology long before. They will welcome everyone in the Cryptocurrency world. But then I think they will not be able to occupy the market after entering the market. Although they have a lot of popularity. To be able to print a lot of study.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 07:21:06 AM

although Facebook coins can be released but I see if Facebook coins must have innovation that is greater than bitcoin in any case. this is one of the things that might be used as learning to facebook coins if you want to compete with bitcoin.
I don't think there will be competition between them. Bitcoin and Facebook coins might be cryptocurrency that has their own function. different technologies by adopting blockchain for social media I think there are already a number of ICO projects that we can make reference to. but maybe the consideration is that Facebook already has a community and maybe their own market. it will be very strong support for facebook coins on the market.

joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 07:41:58 AM

If facebook will going to be the one to manage their so-called coin, then there is a higher chance that it will going to be regulated. They will just going to make sure they have their own blockchain to manage their coin well. And what I can see in there, is a great market adoption that will going to happen. We just need to wait and see what it is capable of.
it is awaited, we will see extraordinary market adoption if the market response is very large towards the arrival of this Facebook coin. many people have talked about this big news, and we will be impatient waiting for his arrival in the crypto market.
Yes, people acceptance will be the key if ever this GlobalCoin from Facebook will really compete or overpower bitcoin, there's no limitations around'this industry, if this new coin arise that strong there's no chance for bitcoin to stop it but accept that the new system are much appreciated.
EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 08:06:59 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2019, 09:55:08 AM by EdvinZ

From the moment of its appearance, Bitcoin remains the leader of all cryptocurrencies for many years. There are already a lot of projects launched, but they all cannot compete with Bitcoin in price. Facebook is the world's leading social network. The digital currency from Mark Zuckerberg will surely achieve some kind of success. But it’s too early to talk about competition with Bitcoin, while the expected project has not yet been implemented.

MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 08:48:46 AM

every coin has its own advantages and disadvantages, but here I still haven't fully learned about Facebook coins, but if you say if the Facebook coin is a competitor of bitcoin then it is very unlikely because Facebook can compete with bitcoin or maybe never will can compete

Little_king
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 09:20:44 AM

I see no reason where this will beat btc in crypto market as it will definitely be paired with btc and the btc rules the crypto community.

It might have a very fast growing and gain much investors but definitely will start from somewhere like other great coin in market today , even if that makes it surge with sharp move doesn't mean it will beat btc and if goes up , it will surely come down too. But I think it will be a very good project and fast growing one.

[ IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
http://ixinium.io/
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 09:23:49 AM

No one can beat bitcoin even from big company or someone already have big name. If we talking about cryptocurrency especialy bitcoin its like we talking about KING of cryptocurrency and Mother of crypto,whitout bitcoin we will never know about altcoin or anything what we know now. Globalcoin just stablecoin backup and monitoring by company. Still earlier talking about competition with bitcoin even facebook leading social media platform.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 04:42:17 PM

I heard that facebook creating their own coin and some people say that this is the rival of bitcoin and that is i did not believe because bitcoin is more on popularity and high demand for many people, compared to facebook they are facing first many trials here in cryptocurrency.
How would they compare an established project to that which is yet to be established? And moreover, if Facebook does that, it will confirm that he has nothing but to be stealing people’s ideas. For the fact he was able to buy whatsapp, instagram and some social media over to stay on top of the social media, doesn’t mean he will succeed in doing such in cryptocurrency industry.

Facebook will even not do that because it will make government clamp down on him, except he is creating a centralized coin that will enable government to still be able to monitor its revenue activities.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:12:22 AM

There is now a name for the cryptocurrency-based payment system that Facebook is planning to debut in 2020 and it is called as GlobalCoin. Indeed, as the name suggest, it would be available globally (well maybe except China, Russia, Iran, North Korea and nations USA is not doing business with) starting with some hand-picked countries. Right now, the team established by Mark to tackle on this project has been communicating with some people involved with regulatory matters to thresh out things so they can start the trial maybe within this year.

With the Facebook empire at the helm and behind the GlobalCoin, people are getting excited and there are now many big investors lining up to be part of the funding circle hoping to snatch part of the estimated $1 billion the project is looking for. With Mark having the Midas touch, investors are thinking that this can be another opportunity of a lifetime. I am not sure though if Facebook will decide to also open the crowdfunding with small investors like in the trending IEOs we have today.

Wow! And of course, there will always be critics of this move by Facebook to join the cryptocurrency craze. There are objecting that what Facebook is getting into is not decentralized and hence can not even be called as genuine cryptocurrency akin to what we see in Bitcoin, Ethereum and the rest of the gang.

Now, considering all of these things and the very big potential of this Facebook project called as GlobalCoin, do you think that soon we can see Mark Zuckerberg not just the emperor of the social media but also the king of cryptocurrency? Or you think that this should be treated just like a normal (though it is very big) project which might also go wrong if the market will not be responding positively? What is your opinion with the foray of Mark into cryptocurrency and will Globalcoin one day be a rival to that of Bitcoin?
It’s amazing how people carry rumors without official link to it, what guarantee do we have that all these things we are hearing about fbcoin is not just coined by one drunkard because all these while we have been speaking of fbcoin, I have never seen mark Zuckerberg come out openly to confirm the news of the coin.

I am sure there will be a project called global coins, but I doubt if it will associated to Facebook, someone might just be using it as strategy to get people’s attention either to dupe them or creating hype for the coin using Facebook name as marketing strategy because I remember we once said the Facebook coin will, be called fbcoin, now its global coin again.
arjuna BTC

Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 11:41:03 AM

even this globalcoin created by a big company called facebook
but, for sure this coin will never beat bitcoin,
bitcoin is bitcoin and i believe bitcoin will always be the king in this industry mate

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 05:39:21 AM

This is nothing to be compared to bitcoin how can it possibly happen that the Facebook coin will be another bitcoin simply because Facebook is the team behind it, and again on the regulatory status it does not happen like that government have laws and to get a regulatory framework for a crypto coin is not that easy so many coins have tried to achieve the full regulations but have not succeeded. Any way we will keep looking out for how the coin will perform in the market.

Who else do you think will be managing the coin other than Facebook, you can see that bitcoin has tried everything possible to enjoy the monopoly they have for social media platforms which they already succeed in achieving, because as of now, they have most social media users and most of the social media platforms.

This blockchain industry they have entered, I am sure they will also try to use their influence to monopolies it by creating a regulated coin and then presenting the solution to the government which government will really support because this has been what government wanted all along.
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 06:36:44 AM

To me, once the decentralized nature is taking out, that particular coin ceases to be a cryptocurrency. Mark's Facebook platform might have numerous users but his coin might be useless if its users are not crypto oriented. All the same, we can't just  condemn him. For now, let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jpti

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 07:05:37 AM

Any coin hitting the market maybe a rival to other established coins. And we all know that Facebook is most popular and is being used by majority of the populations. And there is high chance for the coin issued by Facebook to get widespread attention. But I cannot say that the facebook issued coin will replace bitcoin, a legacy coin in the future. 

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Moeda

Activity: 1524
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 10:58:37 PM

~snip

The plunge of Mark Zuckerberg as the richest businessman in the world will make crypto progress. But that does not mean it does not cause negative effects. Moreover, Mark Zuckerberg with all the financial resources and high internet technology capabilities can bring a big influence to GlobalCoin. What is very unfortunate is that Mark Zuckerberg does not use the existing blockchain system, so the blockchain that has a low influence on crypto will be difficult to rise. My opinion is that GlobalCoin will compete with the top 10 coins at the moment.
That's true, they created their own blockchain system and it will be hard for a new system to attract investors but consider on the wealth of Mark Zuckerberg, I think he can encourage more investors to come and try their system. This can put a lot of pressure on the top 10 coins but not bitcoin because we still know who started this market and the price of altcoins still depend on bitcoin. Let's read more about the Globalcoin and wait for the Whitepaper from there, we can see a big potential of that coin or its just another utility token who will dump later on.
But I am sure if GlobalCoin is present, they will be able to boost higher prices. They will impose rules to pay for Facebook ads with GlobalCoin. We can see today how many companies use Facebook services to promote their companies. I think GlobalCoin is not in vain. Not to mention the many investors who will join GlobalCoin.
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 11:07:44 PM

Before the arrival of global coin by Facebook, it's got a lot of hype, but saying that it is bitcoin rival, is too much of a hype for it.
Imagine a coin that is yet to lunch, yet you are saying it can favourably compete with bitcoin.
Well, i think I am one of those waiting for this coin to much and I think I will take part in it.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 11:08:13 PM

Any coin hitting the market maybe a rival to other established coins. And we all know that Facebook is most popular and is being used by majority of the populations. And there is high chance for the coin issued by Facebook to get widespread attention. But I cannot say that the facebook issued coin will replace bitcoin, a legacy coin in the future. 
The realization that this kind of project is centralized will get different approaches from  different types of investors, those who did not value the essence of decentralization will favor this project but those who still loves it will not favor dealing with this.
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:48:31 AM

We make this moment as a medium to compete positively, whatever will happen and if indeed the tokens are good and defeat the existing tokens. This depends on how much they struggle to realize this.
Jannyh
Copper Member

Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 03:05:07 AM

Did you say Bitcoin Rival? well in this space everything is so possible,i say possible because things you have never imagined would surprisingly come up,  but in my thoughts, I don't think the facebook coin will match bitcoin. Bitcoin is about decentralisation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: