Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:22:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Bitcoin Rival Is Coming?  (Read 13129 times)
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 04:24:16 PM

we still cannot predict what will happen with bitcoin if Libra is indeed going to be launched, because there are still many obstacles experienced by Libra, even the government still complicates the launch of Libra, besides that Mark Zuckerberg also said that Libra would be stable coin, so in my opinion people will still be more interested in investing in bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 04:57:39 PM

this is just speculation and the project has not been launched, it is very difficult to compare new projects with bitcoin because bitcoin is so old that it cannot be compared because bitcoin is still the best. Let's wait whether Libra really will be extraordinary or just like other new projects
shulc7

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 08:51:57 PM

To outrun Bitcoin, a rival or competitor must gain global recognition. And Bitcoin itself should be under sanctions.

Nevertheless, America is speaking about freezing this project. They think (I mean people in power) that it can become a real threat to Bitcoin. I am more than sure that many guys from the USA government are BTC holders, and they worry very much about the new crypto coming soon. Although Libra will be a stable coin, it can be a revolutionary release.
mannybitcoins

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 08:24:02 PM

Bitcoin has been on top of the crypto market since the day crypto was itself born, but we will just have to see what kind of an impact this new coin has. Secondly, the coin by Facebook is meant to be a stable coin so it is not in comparison to Bitcoin in any way. 
kalstarzz

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 08:39:46 PM

I am not sure that there will be coins that are able to compete with bitcoin, including even the Libra. we all know that nowadays everyone is too dependent on bitcoin, besides that the blockchain is made from bitcoin and the others are mostly just imitating. if the competitor exists they must exceed bitcoin in all respects, including the tendency of investors.
pishite

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 07:19:00 PM

Blah blah blah. As always, they promise to overtake Bitcoin, but in fact there is not a single coin that at a price caught up with the first cryptocurrency. And given that the coin will be managed by a corporation that, upon request, will provide user data to the state, its price will be low in the region of a few dollars at best.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 05:59:18 PM

LIBRA will be another alternative coin and not considered as BTC rival.
I might consider it as another alts to give a big help for BITCOIN and cryptocurrency community.
LIBRA is not a threat, it is a friendly coin to welcome.
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 06:01:38 PM

Libra is dead in the water. The US Congress won't allow it. If they will, they will probably attach too many regulations on it that it won't feel like a cryptocurrency at all. Besides, having Facebook as the lead developer on this? It's going to be full of privacy holes in it.

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 09:27:19 PM

I just can't wait to see the next bitcoin or bitcoin rival in the next couple of years. I think there's no coin that will overtake bitcoin. Bitcoin has always been the first and top leading crypto coinsince time immemorial. There's no challenger.

drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 09:35:36 PM

Libra is dead in the water. The US Congress won't allow it. If they will, they will probably attach too many regulations on it that it won't feel like a cryptocurrency at all. Besides, having Facebook as the lead developer on this? It's going to be full of privacy holes in it.
There is news that most likely the Libra will not start. So why does the crypto community need it?I am totally against Libra.There are much more attractive and interesting coins.And most importantly decentralized.
Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 09:45:08 PM

So much is actually going on from Facebook side of the bargain . It actually would be nice to see exactly what other trick Mark has got up his sleeves having pioneered with Facebook the revolution that social media is in terms of data sharing. I can only say that I can't wait for 2020
motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 11:46:50 PM

It has been obvious for some time now that it is with mass adoption that cryptocurrencies will truly achieve the heights they are supposed to, and along with bitcoin and all the other cryptocurrencies, Facebook Libra coin may be cryptocurrencies that lead us into this era due to their very own capacity.
With Blockchain advancements moving at a very fast rate, the introduction of facebook which is one of the largest tech firms into this space should be accepted.
By the by perhaps the thought is that Facebook as of now has a network and possibly their very own use cases.

Koobtcgal

Activity: 714

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2019, 11:52:32 PM

Many people have tried it but they failed. If you want to join the crypto industry and be a successful project, it far better to let people know of your protocol rather than trying to tell the community that your project is better than bitcoin. The moment this community sees that you are in war with over 2 million bitcoin lover and imagine if they decide not to follow your project. I know some invest because they are looking for a little profit in the future but they don't take those new projects as better than bitcoin.

Ezio_Auditore

Activity: 487
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 03:44:56 AM

Libra will never be a rival to bitcoin. This coin is so different that to even compare them makes no sense. I think it looks more like ripple than bitcoin. There really can be competition.

▰▰▰▰  TRONBOMB  ▰▰▰▰
▰▰▰▰    PLAY AND EARN DIVIDENDS    ▰▰▰▰
 Dice Roll    Lucky Wheel     To The Moon 
hamba laeh

Activity: 752

EPsiloan

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 12:24:47 PM

in my opinion no one can compete with Bitcoin at any time ... because Bitcoin is the king of all coins ... even though there will be the latest coin with the latest breakthrough ... but bitcoin remains the number one in the world of cryptocurency ... there are very many altcoins created and until now no one has been able to defeat the greatness and endurance and popularity of the king of coins.

pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 12:55:55 PM

no need to go far, that we take the example of altcoin which is close to bitcoin like ethereum, they have been for many years in this market industry but until now also cannot replace the position of bitcoin. so I don't think a new coin (LYBRA) can replace Bitcoin. Bitcoin will always be the top coin in this market.

19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 01:23:53 PM

Competition is a good thing so the presence of Facebook (globalcoin) that can compete with bitcoin will make the market excited, I hope Globalcoin is able to become a large coin so that it makes many countries open and accept crypto.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 01:26:08 PM

I dont understand why people are comparing or making the FACEBOOK coin to be a rival for BITCOIN.
Why can't they think that this LIBRA will be a great support for BTC and acceptance for cryptocurrency all over the world,
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 01:35:49 PM

in my opinion no one can compete with Bitcoin at any time ... because Bitcoin is the king of all coins ... even though there will be the latest coin with the latest breakthrough ... but bitcoin remains the number one in the world of cryptocurency ... there are very many altcoins created and until now no one has been able to defeat the greatness and endurance and popularity of the king of coins.
Being the first to come up with huge support from the community gives the advantage for Bitcoin. Even if there's already a lot of competition that's been introduced from time to time, but the big success is still enjoyed by Bitcoin. Rivals are there, and eventually, it will create noises around crypto currency. Only time will tell if there's enough reason and finished products to offers.
kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 01:51:55 PM

no need to go far, that we take the example of altcoin which is close to bitcoin like ethereum, they have been for many years in this market industry but until now also cannot replace the position of bitcoin. so I don't think a new coin (LYBRA) can replace Bitcoin. Bitcoin will always be the top coin in this market.
Strongly agree with the opinion you expressed, because I also think that way, because for new altcoin it will be very difficult to replace the position of bitcoin in the market, and that we can see in the examples of coins that already existed compared to coins that were already there will be born like LYBRA.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: