Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:53:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Bitcoin Rival Is Coming?  (Read 13129 times)
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 03:16:11 AM

I don't know but I consider this an insult if they claim that they are going to beat or even rival Bitcoin, based on other reactions it could be another stable coin in the market, they haven't released or announced an update, everything is still hanging until we see their algo, supply and the composition of the team and their roadmap, people will speculating.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 12:01:11 AM

How can this be a rival to Bitcoin when it's yet to be launched?
Another question, can it survive what Bitcoin passed through over the years? The badmouthing etc.
We should learn that Bitcoin grew against all odds and thus where it is today, so valuable and respected. Till the end of time, I don't think Bitcoin will have a rival.

Xintenson

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 12:04:10 AM

I don't like this at all. Specially with a company that has so many billions as Facebook, I see a lot of manipulation and a lot of regular people getting screwed.
covfefe_

Activity: 934
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 12:30:03 AM

I don't think coin from Facebook  is intended to rival Bitcoin. Facebook coin would be a totally utlity coin probably restricted within the Facebook platform of Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp, Instragram and other services provided by Facebook. It could be used as a payment gateway and even if it had speculative value, it would not be in low supply.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 05:01:03 AM

I don't think coin from Facebook  is intended to rival Bitcoin. Facebook coin would be a totally utlity coin probably restricted within the Facebook platform of Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp, Instragram and other services provided by Facebook. It could be used as a payment gateway and even if it had speculative value, it would not be in low supply.

I am agree with you. Facebook coin or global coin is not a rival for bitcoin because bitcoin use my most crypto community and its decentralized. I think global coin will be centralized coin and it must be different. Perhaps global coin could be good investment but used in facebook platform
andika2018

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 05:23:06 AM

Facebook have a lot platform and most people in the world use that platform. If global coin used in their platform like whatsapp or messenger, i think this could be a good and its good start for mass adoption
bitzizzix

Activity: 2366
Merit: 448

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 05:25:03 AM

This is only a discourse that does not necessarily happen and in my opinion it will not be possible and no one can compete with Bitcoin, and bitcoin to achieve the highest price requires a long process and a very long time.
Facebook coins have not yet been launched but guessing will rival Bitcoin without going through a long process, I think that is not possible.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 05:33:14 AM

I don't think it is a bitcoin rival. Facebook coin will be more like a USDT rival as it should be a stable coin and if people can trade it. But this coin can help for the growth of the cryptos market.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 01:08:38 AM

Facebook's new cryptocurrency is reported to be a stablecoin for members to use for payments and its full specifications haven't been released yet, however, it is not likely to be a direct rival to Bitcoin which is decentralized, is widely considered to be a digital version of gold and a future store of value and it should only benefit from the increased exposure this venture can provide for the cryptocurrency industry

TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:43:04 AM

Facebook's new cryptocurrency is reported to be a stablecoin for members to use for payments and its full specifications haven't been released yet, however, it is not likely to be a direct rival to Bitcoin which is decentralized, is widely considered to be a digital version of gold and a future store of value and it should only benefit from the increased exposure this venture can provide for the cryptocurrency industry

If this is a stablecoin, i think there is no different with paypal or others digital currency and its centralized coin. But if this globalcoin have limited supply, perhaps the price could rising like others cryptocurrency

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
Karlinz
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 01:29:16 PM

I think you mentioned bitcoin rival to get a lot of attention to your write up, everyone knows that it will be difficult to rival bitcoin in the scheme of things, Bitcoin has already taken the center stage in the scheme of things and every other one will be coming behind. Coming from Facebook, I wouldn't be expecting much as this is not the niche, crypto is entirely a discrete and decentralized payment system, I doubt if Facebook would be able to provide that without option of reveal the user's data or personal details.

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 01:43:37 PM

There are objecting that what Facebook is getting into is not decentralized and hence can not even be called as genuine cryptocurrency akin to what we see in Bitcoin, Ethereum and the rest of the gang.
cryptocurrency is a currency that is based on cryptography, it doesn't have to be decentralized. but when a cryptocurrency is centralized you can no longer compare it with bitcoin.
by the way Ethereum is also centralized not as much as a company coin like Facebook coin but still centralized.

Well, I agree with this statement. Bitcoin is a pioneer cryptocurrency.
So, I think it's very difficult for ALTCOIN newcomers to compete with the popularity of Bitcoin.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:26:50 PM

It's because it is created by the most powerful social media it will land as Bitcoin's rival, we must stop assuming that it will because there are still no information about the coin and what would be its role in the cryptocommunity and will attract investors from cryptocurrency, everything are all still hanging.
labenea

Activity: 327
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 05:07:16 PM

It's because it is created by the most powerful social media it will land as Bitcoin's rival, we must stop assuming that it will because there are still no information about the coin and what would be its role in the cryptocommunity and will attract investors from cryptocurrency, everything are all still hanging.

well that's what we need to ask, that they have a large community and are not surprised by social media like Facebook. but if it's only rumors or haven't proven a plan they will manage in this field, we cannot assume that they are new rivals of bitcoin.

───────     Decentralized Asset-Backed Banking     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 06:59:50 PM

The hype behind this coin is getting too much day by day,  I'm not surprised though,  I just wish the project can maintain and achieve it's goals,  but to be honest it's not a rival and can never be a threat to bitcoin,  Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shulc7

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 06:36:27 PM

The guy seems to be very confident about what he says. However, the new cryptocurrency, when (and if) it appears will be used as a stable coin (as I guess). It cannot become a Bitcoin serious rival or its killer.
harsi123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 06:42:09 PM

It seems to me that Bitcoin does not and will not be a rival because it is the best coin because it is the first and no one can compete.  It will be very difficult to throw him off the throne.
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 07:24:02 PM

Every time i see this guy i have a bad feeling. Since everything comes out with the cambridge analytica i do not believe he is able to create something so powerful and creative, so clean like BTC. FB coin is no math for BTC!!!
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 08:22:00 PM

On what criteria will this be a rival to almighty Bitcoin? What's it out to achieve that will make it a rival to Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a coin that set the path to greater things and I don't think there is any coin out there that will replace it in time to come.
Bitcoin is the perfect example of decentralization.

Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 09:33:12 PM

A rival? Facebook coin is a proposed coin which can only be speculated on for now bitcoin has been in existence for a decade now, there are better coin already in coinmarket that can't come close to bitcoin adoption not to talk of rivalry.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: