Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:42:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens if Bitcoin dies  (Read 2855 times)
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 05:09:05 AM

If bitcoin dies, and there is no other coin to take its place then the crypto world will dies with it. But i don't think that its gonna happen. I think there are alot of promising project that will take over from the bitcoin and the diversification will take place as there would be more then one project that will take over from bitcoin. Then the community won't be dependant on one single coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:23:15 AM

A few days ago BTC/CAD rate dropped to zero and nothing happened. Even there is a statistical counter for such cases. According to this  this site Bitcoin has died 360 times and this number has an infinite potential to grow for upcoming years.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:57:48 AM

we all know that Bitcoin is the best crypto right now.
and many people argue that Bitcoin is the main crypto that greatly affects the crypto market.
my question is, if Bitcoin dies in your opinion, what will happen to crypto and what do you think can make Bitcoin die?

If bitcoin dies, then I would think that all of crypto goes down with it. Bitcoin is so dominant and has such a major impact on the dollar prices of every other coin, I don't think anything else could survive without it.
In practice though this won't happen. Even if bitcoin plunges in price, there will likely still be enough people who believe who will keep it alive.
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:42:46 AM

I think if Bitcoin dies, then one of the altcoins will simply take its place. Ethereum has the greatest chances for this, as it is the second cryptocurrency by the number of trading pairs with other altcoins.
The cause of death of Bitcoin may be the cessation of production of new coins and loss of interest from investors.

EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:48:36 AM

I don't understand why this question still alive till this time and I weird too when the questioner is people who has been long on this forum.

There is no way to make bitcoin die and I believe with 100% that bitcoin never die. You have to remember with was happened to bitcoin a few months back and now its price going up again.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:50:18 AM

Bitcoin is like a brain for the cryptocurrency field if it was not been possible in this economy then the other cryptocurrency are also been not valuable very soon but it play an important role in this group 2 economy so the possibility of die is very very low for the Bitcoin and no one will think about that now.
Nickz46

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:55:40 AM

I think bitcoin will never die, because it is the most influential project at the cryptomarket. But if ever bitcoin will die I guess the next coin that take it place was the Eth and many more like dencoin. Because these coin can make possible for the investors as well as on the traders to mive along through good investment.
Dellosoft
Copper Member

Activity: 206
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:02:19 AM

Bitcoin will never die. You already know if that's possible, it would have happened long long ago. And if Bitcoin dies, it's the end of the road for crypto.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:04:02 AM

I know many people think bitcoin won't die and I think the same but if we are going to have a discussion about bitcoin dying that is still valid, its just a discussion, you do not have to say "bitcoin won't die", if bitcoin won't die then we do not need to discuss this at all but if you want to discuss this then you have to assume it will, even if you don't believe it just assume for just this instance.

I think it depends on how it dies, if it dies because some other crypto became better which I doubt will happen but if that happens then the market will not react that much, instead of bitcoin some other coin will be number one so its fine. However if it is dying like the whole crypto market is dying and everything is going to zero then we are screwed that is horrible.
@baoli

Activity: 1162

Base.protocol

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:09:54 AM

Well, in my own opinion I don't think Bitcoin will die. From the onset bitcoin has already being given the power by making it anonymous. If you look at other coins that are coming up there are all attached to a name or company once they make any public statements it drives the price of the coin. If those influence stops the coin can die, but for bitcoin its already seen as a community coin and widely adopted

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
dodziu

Activity: 473
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:20:54 AM

Your question is not out of place since we are living in an unpredictable world.
If bitcoin dies another coin will take its position, more so, there must be news that it is going die and the crypto ecosystems would have prepared for it.
What can make it die? The search and struggles between the people that claimed to be the real satoshi nakamoto.
microbb8

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 07:29:15 AM

If we talk about the present tense, then if Bitcoin today dies the entire cryptocurrency market dies after Bitcoin.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Moeda

Activity: 1524
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 08:05:51 AM

and many people argue that Bitcoin is the main crypto that greatly affects the crypto market.
my question is, if Bitcoin dies in your opinion, what will happen to crypto and what do you think can make Bitcoin die?

You say that Bitcoin is one of the best crypto today. Of course, as one of the best crypto, it's impossible to die. If bitcoin dies, of course other coins have already died. So there's no need to ask about other coins or crypto.
wesk1212

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 08:07:16 AM

I really hope that this will not happen. But if we assume that Bitcoin dies then there is no point in talking about cryptocurrency because all the coins depend on it

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 02:00:34 PM

Cryptocurrency may still survive due to few (very few) established cryptocurrencies that are a bit ideologically and uphold some certain blockchain principles.  The principles are what could keep the crypto world from total destruction.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 02:08:16 PM

It's gaining worldwide support, the only thing that can stop it from existing is a world war and the end of the internet because cryptocurrency and internet are very much synonymous, you have an internet connection, you can transact anytime, if there is no internet anymore I guess that's the end of Bitcoin.
Ghost_1957

Activity: 181

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 02:21:23 PM

I think it won't happen. If that is the case, then another coin will be better than the BTC instead.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 07:36:37 AM

fully, I haven't thought about that yet, and if it really happens in the future there is a possibility that the closest altcoin to bitcoin will replace it. but for sure I am sure Bitcoin is not dead, even Bitcoin orders always occur every day.
What if the Bitcoin dies when you have a lot of investment in it? It is a very dangerous moment for if it happens. No one wants to see the Bitcoin to be dying in future because they see that Bitcoin has the potential to give us the utmost possible profit. Bitcoin users will not let the Bitcoin die and it is clear that Bitcoin has been surviving since long only because it is out interest and best source of long term investment.
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 07:42:28 AM

I hope it will never happen cos if bitcoin manages to die then crypto market will be ruined for a very long time ,huge amount of money will vanish into thin air and many investors will exit crypto space

SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 11:05:04 AM

Bitcoin is not like any other systems of the world that can fail anyhow. Studying Bitcoin one will find out that it is solving a a very big and pressing issue which will continue to make it relevant in the world.
So I don't think there is any coin or system that will cause the death of Bitcoin.
Well, if we are to assume that is dies, then another coin will take its place because cryptocurrency has come to stay.
You badly need to send this idea to the famous page on Facebook named as “What If” and they will make a video about it. I think that Bitcoin is not going to die because here are no reasons for the death of Bitcoin and I really feel that it will go on for long because of the big rate of Bitcoin adoption which means that more and more people will use it to keep it alive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: