Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:29:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL] ipoMiner - Profitable multipool targeting new coins + merged mining!  (Read 366048 times)
Ioqua

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:29:34 PM

As an good example of how much faster we can move on opportunities than typical pools, we just started mining MuricaCoin to grab the last of the 17760 reward blocks before it hits block 5000 and the rewards drop to 1776. We'll end up taking at least 50% of the last 200 blocks for a total of at least ~1,776,000 coins. After block 5000 it would take 1000 blocks to mine that much.

Yep noticed this, dosent look like any exchanges to chop this into but ill bank it for now. Limited opportunities like this I approve of. Another example would be BC which I'm now very happy to be sat on a chunk of.

How often are you considering adding new coins to the fold or literally just as and when an opportunity arises?

Also have you considered adding stratum for people looking to mine KECCAK/NFactor coins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 10:08:56 PM

Right. Occasionally we speculatively take opportunities like this -- it won't be often, and it won't be for lengthy periods. We generally don't mine coins that aren't being traded anywhere, but the limited time 10x block rewards and low difficulty make it worthwhile in this case. The relatively small risk is that we could lose out on 2 hours of mining profits, but the potential payoff is at least 100x down the road.

We'll definitely be adding other algorithms in the future.

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com!
99.9% uptime, low fees, custom high performance stratum servers, DDoS-resistant
Support by email at support@ipominer.com or ##ipoMiner on Freenode IRC
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:23:03 PM

Right. Occasionally we speculatively take opportunities like this -- it won't be often, and it won't be for lengthy periods. We generally don't mine coins that aren't being traded anywhere, but the limited time 10x block rewards and low difficulty make it worthwhile in this case. The relatively small risk is that we could lose out on 2 hours of mining profits, but the potential payoff is at least 100x down the road.

We'll definitely be adding other algorithms in the future.

Please CONTINUE to take opportunities like this.  Jumping on (what seem to be worthwhile) coins early and making decisions like this are exactly why I'm on the pool.  I don't have time to keep up on new coins, changing rewards, etc.  Keep it up!

Ioqua

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:30:37 PM

Ipominer, Thanks for taking the time to be approachable for questions.
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 10:39:26 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! We definitely will always take reasonable, calculated risks in pursuit of larger than average returns. I just wanted to reassure everyone that we aren't crazy and won't constantly be mining coins that don't return immediate profits.

Our primary focus is obviously profitability -- sometimes we target coins with potential bigger gains that may come a bit later, but we always strive to provide good daily returns as well. Note that we have our own hashrate on the pool too Smiley

goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:43:16 PM

there is no exchange rate for those coins. there is no profitability for those card also. why not?
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 10:45:48 PM

You're welcome Ioqua. We're working on ipoMiner full time, so we'll be as responsive as we possibly can be while still working to improve the site/etc.

ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 10:53:26 PM

We're still working on adding profitability/exchange rates for coins, as these are newer exchanges. That should be working in the next few days -- sorry for the inconvenience! We'll also be working on adding information for each coin to help clarify what they are/where they're traded/etc.

Now that we've hit block 5000 on MuricaCoin and block rewards are reduced, we've switched off of it.

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:13:17 PM

I've just signed up and am looking forward to the ride !

You may want to edit the FAQ pages, they don't really describe your system.

gambitminer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:21:01 PM

I've been wanting a service like this for some time now.

Just to clarify, ipoMiner won't mine coins at launch?

Also, will you mine a new coin regardless of it being on an exchange?

Have you considered or would you consider implementing some kind of voting system in the future? (Where pool members can vote on which upcoming/new coin to mine)

Thanks!
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 11:45:13 PM

Yep, I'll be updating the FAQ page soon. They've been edited slightly so far, but they're mostly from Multipool.us, where our code comes from Smiley

We're definitely considering adding a voting mechanism - maybe when our hashrate grows we'll offer two multiports, a community-voted one and the standard one. We can also easily add direct ports for coins in the future.

We may mine coins that look promising at launch if the difficulty is reasonable for the likely potential profits. Most recent launches of promising coins have seen huge multi-GH/s hashrates making the difficulty spike to unreasonable levels for the likely price (which can often be estimated for new coins by the total number of coins and block rewards).

We don't typically mine coins for extended periods (read: more than a few hours) if they aren't on /any/ exchanges, except potentially at launch. Our goal is to provide reasonable daily profits while offering the huge potential upside that newer coins can provide.

Basically we will adapt and do whatever seems reasonable to generate better than average profits. We're experienced and have made significant profits with mining in the past, but we are always open to new ideas and are happy to discuss things.

gambitminer

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:52:16 PM

Yep, I'll be updating the FAQ page soon. They've been edited slightly so far, but they're mostly from Multipool.us, where our code comes from Smiley

We're definitely considering adding a voting mechanism - maybe when our hashrate grows we'll offer two multiports, a community-voted one and the standard one. We can also easily add direct ports for coins in the future.

We may mine coins that look promising at launch if the difficulty is reasonable for the likely potential profits. Most recent launches of promising coins have seen huge multi-GH/s hashrates making the difficulty spike to unreasonable levels for the likely price (which can often be estimated for new coins by the total number of coins and block rewards).

We don't typically mine coins for extended periods (read: more than a few hours) if they aren't on /any/ exchanges, except potentially at launch. Our goal is to provide reasonable daily profits while offering the huge potential upside that newer coins can provide.

Basically we will adapt and do whatever seems reasonable to generate better than average profits. We're experienced and have made significant profits with mining in the past, but we are always open to new ideas and are happy to discuss things.

Perfect answer.
I also assume that a scrypt-n pool would be considered when the interest/hashrate and amount of coins are at feasible levels?

Honestly, I've got just two small rigs and I'm currently mining specific coins so I won't be using ipoMiner just yet, but I will definitely be keeping my eye on it and look forward to using it in the future.
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 12:02:54 AM

Yeah, we'll definitely add sha256/scrypt-n/etc. pools in the future as appropriate. Thanks for the questions and suggestions! Look forward to having you join us. If you want to hop on IRC and chat with us about new coins you like, maybe we can consider adding some of the ones you're interested in.

tradeacoin

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:26:15 AM

Looks interesting. I've never used a multipool before but Ill give you guys a try for a few days. I'll be directing 15mh's or so towards you guys when I get back in town tomorrow.
prometheianz

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:21:55 AM

I would be interested if you offered an "auto" exchange service, even if it costs a few % more in fees. Obviously you can't auto exchange like most multipools as there wouldn't be any exchanges available initially, however perhaps you could hold the coins on behalf of miners who have opted in for this feature and when an exchange is available, then make the exchange and payout in BTC, minus the extra fee for exchanging it of course.
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 04:03:28 AM

Terrific tradeacoin, we'll be glad to have you!

prometheianz - We've seriously considered offering that as an option, and most likely will do so in the future. The main difficulty I see is that optimal exchange times can vary significantly (sometimes up to 1-2 weeks from the time a coin is mined), so it takes a lot of trust in your pool operators and patience for that to work. Starting with our current strategy will hopefully help build the necessary trust and confidence.

junkozane

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:32:15 AM

Perfect answer.
I also assume that a scrypt-n pool would be considered when the interest/hashrate and amount of coins are at feasible levels?

Honestly, I've got just two small rigs and I'm currently mining specific coins so I won't be using ipoMiner just yet, but I will definitely be keeping my eye on it and look forward to using it in the future.

yes, because of this answer too i begin to point my machine there. these op know well about their business  Cheesy
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 04:57:06 AM

Thanks for your vote of confidence junkozane - we're glad to have you joining us!

touchcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:53:38 AM

nice,i will be watching this
PDcologne

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 10:32:12 AM

miners now on your pool - i look forward to the results over the next few days

BTC now accepted @ www.pcandmining.de Gridseed Re-seller in Germany, custom rig builds, and accessories.
BTC -  1MsgzuVnshJGLpUcjja6U8UsjCTjk8QzyK
BC   - B5xG6yYStDn92MT16RXHsL4bPdZd1DChJq
LTC  -  LfarCLG5sap2o31sAujxV1iorkwk4V8Ggk
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: