Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:50:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL] ipoMiner - Profitable multipool targeting new coins + merged mining!  (Read 366079 times)
Invisible Hands

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:30:32 AM

Just curious why there is zero hashrate on ipominer right now
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 01:36:13 AM

@Stinky_Pete If your worker submits >50% invalid shares it will be banned for 5 minutes.

@Invisible Hands There's a complex issue that involves the displaying the statistics calculations vs. calculating them vs. new blocks being found vs. cache expiration timing. It does not affect actual hashrate, share submitted, etc - the problem is only with displaying some of the statistics on the website, occasionally. I'm going to be looking into it but haven't had time to chase it down yet. Wait a minute and refresh the page and you should see it go away.

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com!
99.9% uptime, low fees, custom high performance stratum servers, DDoS-resistant
Support by email at support@ipominer.com or ##ipoMiner on Freenode IRC
Invisible Hands

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:37:13 AM

@Stinky_Pete If your worker submits >50% invalid shares it will be banned for 5 minutes.

@Invisible Hands There's a complex issue that involves the displaying the statistics calculations vs. calculating them vs. new blocks being found vs. cache expiration timing. It does not affect actual hashrate, share submitted, etc - the problem is only with displaying some of the statistics on the website, occasionally. I'm going to be looking into it but haven't had time to chase it down yet. Wait a minute and refresh the page and you should see it go away.

ahh, ok thanks.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:42:03 AM

OK, next question - Why is my worker submitting invalid shares?

nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:47:41 AM

OK, next question - Why is my worker submitting invalid shares?

I think I was having this issue for some unknown reason on another pool. Using the cgminer option "--no-submit-stale" helped if I remember correctly. Not sure if that is a fix for you. Could be latency if you internet is slow or intermittent.
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 02:05:45 AM

How is everyone feeling about ECC now? Cryptorush bids are at 3 satoshis, with 29M of buys stacked up at that price. That 33% over other multipools is nice, right? One of the nice things about newer coins with 1-10 satoshi prices is that every satoshi of movement is a big percentage.

hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:11:29 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 03:45:12 PM by hostmaster

Let's break it down a bit, for those of you wondering why we're mining ECC:

The best current bid for ECC on CryptoRush is 2 satoshis, but there has been a lot of it being bought at 3 satoshis -- tens of millions in the past 24 hours. Look at the current buys vs sells at 3 and 2 satoshis to get an idea.. lots of demand to buy at 2, very little selling at 3 in comparison. That usually indicates the price will rise. At 3 satoshis, returns jump to 0.0087 btc/mh/day -- 33% higher than the ~0.0065 average returned by other multipools in the past 24 hours.

There is definitely a risk in mining ECC right now, but it is a very reasonable, calculated one we choose to make in search of higher than average returns. You are risking the loss of 12% on your day's mining returns as compared to one of the other multipools to possibly beat their returns by 33% (or far more if the price increases beyond 3 satoshis).

We don't regularly, actively mine coins that require 100% speculation; however, we do take risks like this (ECC) often, and I hope my explanation makes sense as to why we do it. This is the only way to earn higher returns, and it is why you should be mining with us.

Please note that if you mine with us, occasionally you *will* earn less than larger multipools on a given day; however, you will very often earn more... and sometimes earn *dramatically* more when a newer coin really takes off. Ask anyone who has mined with us since early February about their personal returns and you will hear a resoundingly positive response.

Also, on a bit of a side note -- PoW mining for ECC is limited to 45 days. There have been several coins recently with limited PoW timeframes that have done extremely well -- MintCoin and BlackCoin to name two. Demand tends to increase as you get closer to the PoW period ending. This is another factor of why ECC makes sense to mine even if it is slightly less profitable on an immediate basis.

I want to congratulate this pool owner. He did a good observation. It's true chance for you. ECC well advertised, much liked a great crypto. It's about a week or two we will go in MINTPAL (big exchange) and then nothing will be same for ECC.
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 05:36:25 PM

Interestingly, it isn't often that we mine a coin for more than 24-48 hours -- either because they take off explosively and difficulty outpaces price, or the price falls enough that they aren't worth mining. ECC has been growing slowly but steadily, without the kind of hype that ruins a coin.

MuFaza

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:40:18 PM

Oh man, this pool is exactly what I've been looking for, thx!
david123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:59:46 PM

Great job, I love this pool Smiley
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:25:11 PM

Almost at 1 GH/s!
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:36:00 AM

Worth looking at?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522898
Coinonaer

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:29:13 AM

ipominer, I blogged about your pool yesterday: http://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/2014/03/19/miners-diaries-ipominer-der-pool-fur-neue-coins/

Great work so far!  Smiley
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 06:54:24 AM

We just implemented fixes for several of the bugs that have been discussed here. All issues related to setting worker difficulty on the site, updating workers, and deleting workers should now be resolved. The issue with the faulty display of cached statistics reading zero should also now be fixed.

Please continue to post here or email us at support@ipominer.com with any other bugs you find.

Also, the average pool hashrate climbed over 800Mh/s today.. welcome to all our new miners!

@Coinonaer Thanks for the blog post -- exciting stuff!

ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 07:45:31 AM

We just switched onto BTCS. Mining profitability for it is currently good, and it is currently at the top of the MintPal voting (https://www.mintpal.com/voting), so it may experience a bump in price if it gets listed there. It is currently traded at CryptoRush if you need an exchange for it.

ECC is still nicely profitable to mine at current difficulty and the 4-5 satoshi prices, so we may switch back to that depending on how conditions with both coins progress.

ehalvers

Activity: 513

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:05:21 AM

Has anyone had any problems sending coins straight to an exchange from the pool? Most of them say not to.

Just wondering because I am having trouble getting some wallets to sync.

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
 █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:24:45 AM

@ehalvers You can send from the pool to exchanges.

Interestingly, from the time we started mining BTCS ~50 minutes ago until now, the price on CryptoRush has more than doubled from 0.0007 to >0.0016. We'll see if the price holds or is just a temporary spike, but we've gotten 8 out of the last 17 blocks at least Smiley

david123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:37:48 AM

It says we're back to ECC..?
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:44:06 AM

That's correct. BTCS was at a difficulty of 723 for the previous block, which makes it not very profitable to mine at that difficulty. The current block is now at a difficulty of 333, still not good. We'll switch back to it if difficulty falls.

brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:44:42 AM

We are excited to announce ipoMiner.com, a switching multipool that targets the most promising new coins, as well as the most profitable existing ones.

Are you disappointed by low returns, lack of transparency, and the slow addition of profitable newer coins at existing multipools? Does mining newer, more profitable coins without the headache of watching bitcointalk ANN threads sound appealing? You'll love mining with us. We take all the effort out of mining new coins, and aim to be the most profitable switching pool, period.

After more than a month of invitation-only beta tests, we have now opened registration to everyone. We offer the same familiar interface, proven code, and experienced team that is responsible for one of the largest switching pools today -- the original multipool, Multipool.us.

We use enterprise-grade hosting and DDOS-resistant networks, provide lightning fast payouts, and offer all the other bells and whistles you've come to expect from the best pools today, with the added benefit of being more profitable.

Sign up at ipoMiner.com to start mining the hottest new coins and enjoy increased profits Smiley

That's MULTIPOOL.us?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: