Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:49:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 1103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚽UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread -- 2021/22 winner - Real Madrid!  (Read 129354 times)
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2020, 08:22:29 AM

An interesting article in Marca: ''Chiellini on 2017 Champions League final: Juventus lost because we were exhausted''
I remember that match well and I always wondered what happened to Juve in the second half, why they played so badly in the most important game of their career and life.
Incredibly, they weren’t physically fit enough for that match.
Juve seem to be a born loser and in the most important matches, the finals, they always lack something.
Source: https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2020/05/25/5ecbe2fde2704edd6f8b45cd.html
Juventus have dominated Serie A for seasons so they did not lose too much resources for Serie A. They have to fight for the championship in Serie A but the competitive level is less than in the other leagues, La Liga, Premier League, etc. The competitive level in Serie A is somewhat the same as of Bundesliga, Ligue I where Bayern Munich and PSG have dominated those leagues for years.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
May 27, 2020, 08:51:50 AM

An interesting article in Marca: ''Chiellini on 2017 Champions League final: Juventus lost because we were exhausted''
I have no idea why Chiellini would bring back this memory of their demolition by Madrid and Ronaldo, if it's to make an excuse, there is none that can make up for their second half performance that day. If Juventus' players were tired, then it's their fault or maybe the fault of their fitness trainer or somebody working for them...the both teams had the same run in enroute to the final, so if Madrid were in better shape than them and showed more concentration than them, then they deserved to win, and they did.

I don't believe that you can be tired in the most important match in your life 😀
But,  it's much more easy to say "I was tired " than say that other club was better.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2020, 08:55:36 AM

I have no idea why Chiellini would bring back this memory of their demolition by Madrid and Ronaldo, if it's to make an excuse, there is none that can make up for their second half performance that day. If Juventus' players were tired, then it's their fault or maybe the fault of their fitness trainer or somebody working for them...the both teams had the same run in enroute to the final, so if Madrid were in better shape than them and showed more concentration than them, then they deserved to win, and they did.

I don't believe that you can be tired in the most important match in your life 😀
But,  it's much more easy to say "I was tired " than say that other club was better.

you can be tired, but there is adrenaline to push you to the limit, if they really were tired, then it is because they did not believed in their chances to win the match, and after that they only waited for a match to end, Real was better team at the moment, and they proved that on the pitch, it would be probably different this season
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 27, 2020, 11:45:27 AM

^  There's such a thing as an adrenaline dump.  Looking at how that match panned out, Ronaldo's second goal prolly started it.  So yeah...  Sometimes players just stop believing in game, esp if vs superior club.

Some clubs got the players with heart tho.  Remember KO stage second leg match between PSG and Barca?  I forgot what year but Barca was behind something crazy like 5 goals on aggregate but still managed to pull of a win to go thru.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2020, 10:26:38 AM

Some clubs got the players with heart tho.  Remember KO stage second leg match between PSG and Barca?  I forgot what year but Barca was behind something crazy like 5 goals on aggregate but still managed to pull of a win to go thru.
That would be perfect story if that's happened in the final, or at least Barca managed to win the cup. Too bad they lost to Juventus in the next stage. I'd put "Miracle in Istanbul" and "92:48" moments as better references.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Daniel91
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2020, 09:07:05 AM

Uefa is preparing for the worst, they are planning the Champions League Final Eight.
UEFA and the European Association of European Clubs (ECA) appear to be discussing Plan B on how to finish this year's Champions League.
They are planning a backup plan if the situation with the corona virus becomes even more complicated in the next 2 months.
It seems that the quarterfinals and semifinals would be played in only one match and in the same place and Portugal, specifically Lisbon would be the likely host.
Source: https://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/uefin-plan-b-za-ligu-prvaka-umjesto-u-istanbulu-finale-na-drugom-kraju-europe/2187545.aspx

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2020, 01:14:29 PM

Uefa is preparing for the worst, they are planning the Champions League Final Eight.
UEFA and the European Association of European Clubs (ECA) appear to be discussing Plan B on how to finish this year's Champions League.
They are planning a backup plan if the situation with the corona virus becomes even more complicated in the next 2 months.
It seems that the quarterfinals and semifinals would be played in only one match and in the same place and Portugal, specifically Lisbon would be the likely host.
Source: https://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/uefin-plan-b-za-ligu-prvaka-umjesto-u-istanbulu-finale-na-drugom-kraju-europe/2187545.aspx
I think it isn't a bad idea to play just 1 match given the actual circumstance of coronavirus and the risk of second wave? Changing the place is expected tho. However the final will be played before the end of August? If it is confirmed then those teams risk to start the next season without taking a breath!

Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 03, 2020, 05:51:43 PM

Why Portugal is the most dominant place to do the final 8?
I think that it would be very costy for all teams to go there in order to do this final 8.
Maybe Germany and Munich would be the right place for the CL.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2020, 07:37:52 PM

I don't think that such decision will be needed. Situation is getting better in Europe and football returns in action eventually. I don't see reasons why they can't play in that format that they were supposed to play. And they are talking about quarterfinals already, but don't forget that 4 second leg games of 1/8 still wasn't play. If UEFA would decide who will go to 1/4 final according to first game result, it would be unfair.

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 03:44:05 AM

I don't think that such decision will be needed. Situation is getting better in Europe and football returns in action eventually. I don't see reasons why they can't play in that format that they were supposed to play. And they are talking about quarterfinals already, but don't forget that 4 second leg games of 1/8 still wasn't play. If UEFA would decide who will go to 1/4 final according to first game result, it would be unfair.

@LTU_btc this is just a backup plan in case things don’t work out like they had planned for, and I see nothing wrong with a backup plan being created, because they would have faced more backlash for not having a backup plan in place if the situation suddenly worsened. Lastly I believe that they have made this backup plan keeping their revenues in mind, because they know that they’ll loose lots of money if the champions league isn’t completed this season, but like you have said situation is improving so maybe this backup plans won’t be used after all.

Source:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8165567/UEFA-making-plans-finish-season-AUGUST-fearing-clubs-lose-billions-TV-money.html
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2020, 04:21:55 AM

Why Portugal is the most dominant place to do the final 8?
I think that it would be very costy for all teams to go there in order to do this final 8.
Maybe Germany and Munich would be the right place for the CL.

From the current covid-19 statistic I saw, Portugal is the UEFA member who playing in both national and club's european tournaments regularly that has lower covid-19 case number than other regular UEFA members like UK, Germany, France, Netherland, and Turkey as the host of final. So I think it's fair decision for the sake of players and staffs safety.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Daniel91
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 07:07:54 AM

Well,  the most important thing for UEFA is to complete  CL competition this year otherwise they will loose a lot,  specially financially.
It's all about money after all 😀
As serious organization it's normal that they created also backup plan.
Why Portugal?
Not sure,  probably corona situation was main factor in this decision.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
Daniel91
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 12:35:38 PM

Now the German magazine Bild has also confirmed that the final of the European Champions League will be played in Lisbon.
In addition to Lisbon, Frankfurt and Moscow also applied for the hosts but their applications were rejected due to the large number of coronavirus patients.
Istanbul canceled this final tournament due to financial problems.
According to Bild, UEFA has already selected Portugal and Lisbon, although a formal meeting on the subject will not be held until June 17.
The main reasons for this decision, apart from the good situation with the corona virus, are that there are no more Portuguese clubs in the competition, suitable football facilities and a sufficient number of available stadiums that must be located within a radius of 100 km due to the large number of matches that must be played in a short time.
It looks like Frankfurt will receive a consolation prize, organizing the Europa League final.
Source: https://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/mozda-nas-ceka-dosad-nevidjena-zavrsnica-lige-prvaka-sastanak-odluke-17-lipnja/2188558.aspx

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
DeathAngel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1598

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 12:53:06 PM

Daniel91, this is the first time I’ve seen that the final will be moved from Istanbul, that’s a real shame for them. I suppose no fans would be present though so the benefits of lots of tourists (fans) spending money there wouldn’t have been present.

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 01:15:07 PM

Now the German magazine Bild has also confirmed that the final of the European Champions League will be played in Lisbon.
In addition to Lisbon, Frankfurt and Moscow also applied for the hosts but their applications were rejected due to the large number of coronavirus patients.
According to Bild, UEFA has already selected Portugal and Lisbon, although a formal meeting on the subject will not be held until June 17.
The main reasons for this decision, apart from the good situation with the corona virus, are that there are no more Portuguese clubs in the competition, suitable football facilities and a sufficient number of available stadiums that must be located within a radius of 100 km due to the large number of matches that must be played in a short time.
It looks like Frankfurt will receive a consolation prize, organizing the Europa League final.
Source: https://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/mozda-nas-ceka-dosad-nevidjena-zavrsnica-lige-prvaka-sastanak-odluke-17-lipnja/2188558.aspx

Maybe UEFA has its own consideration as to why the Champions League final was moved from Istanbul to London. My estimation is likely because
the increase  in the number of positive COVID19 in Istanbul is increasing, maybe this is disappointing for Turkish residents. But the decision has
already been made, all parties must respect the decision of UEFA. In my opinion, although it will still be held in Istanbul the match will be held
without supporters, so it  is not too influential for Turkish citizens.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 01:23:03 PM

Daniel91, this is the first time I’ve seen that the final will be moved from Istanbul, that’s a real shame for them. I suppose no fans would be present though so the benefits of lots of tourists (fans) spending money there wouldn’t have been present.

Even if the final would happen to Istanbul no fans would be present.
It is better to move the final to a different country as turkey has a lot of infections from coronavirus.
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2020, 01:29:00 PM

Maybe UEFA has its own consideration as to why the Champions League final was moved from Istanbul to London. My estimation is likely because
the increase  in the number of positive COVID19 in Istanbul is increasing, maybe this is disappointing for Turkish residents. But the decision has
already been made, all parties must respect the decision of UEFA. In my opinion, although it will still be held in Istanbul the match will be held
without supporters, so it  is not too influential for Turkish citizens.
You mean Lisbon not London  Smiley
The different reasons are cited in the source with coronavirus coming first obviously. There is of course some secondary hidden reasons that we can speculate about but whatever, the main thing is to play and finish it.

coinlocket$
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1512

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 08:58:19 PM

Well, the final eight is a good formula to end the season, it will reduce by 50% the number of games played and the consequent risk of a new infection.

Keep also in mind that August will be a nightmare even if they will play in the late evening for the tropical temperature in Portugal, and less they play the better it will be for them.

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
Daniel91
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 06:22:29 AM

Even if the final would happen to Istanbul no fans would be present.
It is better to move the final to a different country as turkey has a lot of infections from coronavirus.

They don't worry about fans now.
I feel that UEFA is very desperate at the moment and just wants to somehow finish CL competition this season.
It's all about money,  of course 😁

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
coinlocket$
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1512

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 07:55:32 AM

They don't worry about fans now.
I feel that UEFA is very desperate at the moment and just wants to somehow finish CL competition this season.
It's all about money,  of course 😁

Exactly it's only about limiting the losses cause without fans they will lose money anyway.
Only from the people at the stadium, a team will lose around 20m from now till the end of the cup.
In addition to that sponsors will pay less, and the money revenue from gadgets will be also smaller.

The bigger loss is next year, hoping for a fast develpment for the vaccine.

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 1103 »
  Print  

Jump to: