Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:56:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 1030 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ODI cricket and general cricketing discussion [self - mod]  (Read 135819 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2019, 10:06:36 AM

Rainfall has increased unnaturally this year in many parts of the world. A better solution here would be to make use of closed roof stadiums which would essentially nullify this problem though I feel like there are potential drawbacks due to which they don't use this solution.

The possible drawback is that it will effect many things like pitch conditons, seam conditions, swing conditions. Secondly we as in audience don't want to see roof intervening the height of a 6 do we? nor the batsman would like it.

Also it will become costly since you have to maintain proper lighting conditions to get the game going.

I remember Afridi hitting a ball which touched the roof of a stadium and created a record. We need more such matches in such stadiums to reduce this rainfall issue.

Is it this: https://www.quora.com/Which-batsman-has-scored-12-runs-in-one-ball? wasn't aware of it but sure is interesting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 10:24:39 AM

Rainfall has increased unnaturally this year in many parts of the world. A better solution here would be to make use of closed roof stadiums which would essentially nullify this problem though I feel like there are potential drawbacks due to which they don't use this solution.

The possible drawback is that it will effect many things like pitch conditons, seam conditions, swing conditions. Secondly we as in audience don't want to see roof intervening the height of a 6 do we? nor the batsman would like it.

Also it will become costly since you have to maintain proper lighting conditions to get the game going.

Agree with @Avirunes, i remember we were discussing this "close roof stadiums " scenario and we came to more or less similar outcome of Flat-dead pitch, No swing, seam, weird effect of dew (still weird but controllable in some extent) and after all this drama in the end bowling machine replacing human bowlers itself  Grin

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 11:48:30 AM

I am not a fan of closed stadium matches too as there are many issues like you mentioned. It will be batsman friendly and with the current rules all favoring batsman it will be a really boring, i like challenges and if a batsman is able to survive a beautiful spell of bowling then i get excited rather than watching matches in flat pitches.

after all this drama in the end bowling machine replacing human bowlers itself  Grin
That would be a great idea too  Cheesy. may be in the future we might see robotic cricket too .
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3888

Visit: r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2019, 12:02:00 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2019, 12:23:04 PM by Royse777

So, I was busy yesterday (outing with relatives) and I was thinking I missed the first ODI completely but now I see the match was Abandoned. It's a shame :-P

Agree with @Avirunes, i remember we were discussing this "close roof stadiums " scenario and we came to more or less similar outcome of Flat-dead pitch, No swing, seam, weird effect of dew (still weird but controllable in some extent) and after all this drama in the end bowling machine replacing human bowlers itself  Grin
The way in recent times we are witnessing matches are not going tho the ground, I think we will need close roof stadium with bawling machine for the batsmen LOL
/s

Edit:
Latest update
The second ODI between Pakistan and Sri Lanka has been postponed by a day owing to unseasonal rains that left Karachi's National Stadium waterlogged, washing out the first game of the series in the process. With more rain expected on the day of the second game - Sunday, September 29 - the Pakistan Cricket Board, in consultation with the Sri Lanka Cricket Board, has rescheduled the game to Monday, September 30.

Let's say this is the ODI ground LOL
Even rain does not want Pakistan to host cricket match anymore.
Kidding guys

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2019, 12:46:20 PM

Very strange that the entire match got washed off. Rain was not predicted for today and what happened was really unexpected. I am not sure what will happen to the remaining matches. As per the weather agencies, there is hardly any chance for rain. But you never know whether they will be right or not. Feels bad for the Pakistani fans, who waited many years for an international match.

Yeah, you are right. We'll never know if we'll be able to watch the 2nd and the 3rd ODIs. Climate change has taken a toll on international cricket this year, almost all the series experienced rain interference.  And I believe September is post rainy season in Karachi but currently experiencing heavy thunderstorms. But let's hope that we'll be able to watch atleast some cricket on Monday.

After watching the news footage about the Karachi thunderstorms, I don't think that the ODIs will proceed ahead as planned. The magnitude is so great and I don't think that the weather will get any better during the next 4-5 days. Let's hope that at least the T20 series will go ahead as planned. The T20 series is scheduled to start by October 5th.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

~snip~

After watching the news footage about the Karachi thunderstorms, I don't think that the ODIs will proceed ahead as planned. The magnitude is so great and I don't think that the weather will get any better during the next 4-5 days. Let's hope that at least the T20 series will go ahead as planned. The T20 series is scheduled to start by October 5th.
I have no idea about the current situation in there but I wish the citizens are okay right now. It's seems like a natural disaster there.

Taking about cricket, may be the local can say it better. I would like to see some matches to be played at-least so that officially we can see that Pakistan is safe to host cricket.

It's a great opportunity for them to comeback as a cricket hosting nation.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 01:26:39 PM

True, but we can atleast watch a full match instead of an abandoned one which is worse in comparison. What I am saying is that they need to use such closed roof stadiums only when there are high chances of rain.

I have no idea about the current situation in there but I wish the citizens are okay right now. It's seems like a natural disaster there.
Its not just Pakistan. Majority of Asia has been hit by these unnatural showers which are probably due to climate change. The Indians are facing a similar dilemma. Cyclone Hikka is the primary cause I believe which is heading towards Oman currently.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2019, 01:37:55 PM

True, but we can atleast watch a full match instead of an abandoned one which is worse in comparison. What I am saying is that they need to use such closed roof stadiums only when there are high chances of rain.

I also agree that we could have atleast a full match but watching an entertaining match is what I would prefer over it.

There are lot of options and cricket committee concerned should discuss about it.

We could atleast have T-20 match with tweaked up rules but going with a longer format than that would only add up to the cost and will effect the ticket prices as well.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2019, 02:06:16 PM

Its not just Pakistan. Majority of Asia has been hit by these unnatural showers which are probably due to climate change. The Indians are facing a similar dilemma. Cyclone Hikka is the primary cause I believe which is heading towards Oman currently.

The Indian domestic matches have got affected due to rain, so I am not very surprised to read this. The Vijay Hazare Trophy is underway and the majority of the matches have been washed away. Even the practice match between South Africa and Indian Board President's XI got affected as a result of rain and ended in a draw. Sadly, the PCB might incur heavy losses if they decide to reimburse everyone who had purchased tickets.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 02:32:00 PM

Sadly, the PCB might incur heavy losses if they decide to reimburse everyone who had purchased tickets.
It is part and parcel of the sports game and if the matches are abandoned they should reimburse the tickets and that is the logical thing to do as the cricket board is having other revenue models including television rights, so i do not think that there will be a heavy loss but they will not have any profit if the weather continue like this. Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Srilanka might tour Pakistan, i am not sure about the rest of the cricketing world whether they will tour them anytime soon.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 03:58:38 PM

The Indian domestic matches have got affected due to rain, so I am not very surprised to read this. The Vijay Hazare Trophy is underway and the majority of the matches have been washed away. Even the practice match between South Africa and Indian Board President's XI got affected as a result of rain and ended in a draw. Sadly, the PCB might incur heavy losses if they decide to reimburse everyone who had purchased tickets.

Quickly went through Vijay hajare trophy's schedule and it seems like BCCI messed it up big time. majority of scheduled game in Dehradun washed up completely due to rain. they should manage their schedule according to mansoon season and ruled out the mansoon effected cities for games. India is big country for $*&# sake. 

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2019, 05:32:41 PM

Quickly went through Vijay hajare trophy's schedule and it seems like BCCI messed it up big time. majority of scheduled game in Dehradun washed up completely due to rain. they should manage their schedule according to mansoon season and ruled out the mansoon effected cities for games. India is big country for $*&# sake. 

It doesn't work that way. Hosting rights are given on rotational basis, and this time I guess it was Uttarakhand's slot for hosting some of the matches. BTW, only the Plate league matches are being played at Dehra Dun. The Elite league matches are being played at Bangalore, Jaipur and Vadodara. And all the matches scheduled for Vadodara had to be abandoned as a result of rain.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 05:59:57 PM

It doesn't work that way. Hosting rights are given on rotational basis, and this time I guess it was Uttarakhand's slot for hosting some of the matches. BTW, only the Plate league matches are being played at Dehra Dun. The Elite league matches are being played at Bangalore, Jaipur and Vadodara. And all the matches scheduled for Vadodara had to be abandoned as a result of rain.
Yeah it's rotational basis but it should be a one of the major point to discuss. its pretty useless policy when you can't even organise single match due to mansoon.

Jaipur , bangalore games are okay but dehradun - vadodara games schedule are disaster.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 04:05:16 AM

Yeah it's rotational basis but it should be a one of the major point to discuss. its pretty useless policy when you can't even organise single match due to mansoon.

Jaipur , bangalore games are okay but dehradun - vadodara games schedule are disaster.

If I am not wrong, then these are off-season rains. The monsoon season in India lasts from June to August, and September-October should be relatively free from rain. But due to the climate change, now we are getting off season rains all over the globe and what happened to the Sri Lankan tour of Pakistan is another example for this. Even the world cup in England was disrupted by off season rain.

Last year also, the Vijay Hazare Trophy was conducted at the same time, and it went ahead without any major disruptions. And I won't blame BCCI for scheduling. India is currently having a total of 37 first class teams (only the 18 county sides from England come anywhere close), and the Vijay Hazare Trophy includes a total of 160 matches. Organizing this huge tournament can be tedious.
Little Mouse
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1977

Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2019, 04:15:24 AM

If I am not wrong, then these are off-season rains. The monsoon season in India lasts from June to August, and September-October should be relatively free from rain.
Off-season or it's cricket rain season. Before Ban vs Afg match, there was no rain, even after the match day, only a little rain was there. Now, it's a sunshine day here from morning to morning  Grin
I will be more a soccer fan than cricket, it's disgusting when you wait for a match long time and end up no match  Cry

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2019, 04:41:51 AM

I will be more a soccer fan than cricket, it's disgusting when you wait for a match long time and end up no match  Cry

LOL... cricket was popularized by British expats during the colonial time, as it gave them an opportunity to stretch their arms during weekends. It is not as physically demanding as other sports such as football and rugby, and at the same time gives the participants a chance to indulge in outdoor activity. Times have changed... and now we have T20 matches... Even T20 matches takes more than 3 hours each... I guess very soon we'll be moving to the T10 format. 
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 09:40:10 AM

I wouldn't blame them completely since this is a weird period for the rains and they never anticipated something like this and this might become more common as time passes by thanks to climate change.

Even T20 matches takes more than 3 hours each... I guess very soon we'll be moving to the T10 format. 
I don't think we will see T-10 matches anytime soon since the craze for T-20 cricket based on what I have observed is still very high and majority of these matches are never abandoned and this is good news for a T-20 fan like me.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 10:13:01 AM

If I am not wrong, then these are off-season rains. The monsoon season in India lasts from June to August, and September-October should be relatively free from rain. But due to the climate change, now we are getting off season rains all over the globe and what happened to the Sri Lankan tour of Pakistan is another example for this. Even the world cup in England was disrupted by off season rain.

Last year also, the Vijay Hazare Trophy was conducted at the same time, and it went ahead without any major disruptions. And I won't blame BCCI for scheduling. India is currently having a total of 37 first class teams (only the 18 county sides from England come anywhere close), and the Vijay Hazare Trophy includes a total of 160 matches. Organizing this huge tournament can be tedious.

Not an expert on weather but Yeah Aug-Sep-Oct is monsoon season. On some parts post monsoon months can surprise though. Having said that I am with you that we shouldn't blame any Board, be it BCCI , ECB or PCB for this rain thingy. But there should be some concern on this because we are seeing the games being thoroughly washed out due to rains.

BCCI manage a significant amount of games for Domestic cricket, and for 2018-19 numbers went up like a rocket close to 2000 games or more. So I am okay with cutting some slack to them, but still they need to figure something out for rain.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2019, 11:54:16 AM

~snip~

Not an expert on weather but Yeah Aug-Sep-Oct is monsoon season.
Without cricket my life is boring LOL There are no international cricket at all. I was a bit excited with this Pakistan tour or Sri Lanka (B team :-P ) but rain gave it's hand.

So, can we expect the matches in the ground or we will see the team will come back without playing any match. I mean what exactly the local weather there.

When it comes to rain then blaming any board is not good idea especially when the rain is not seasonal but because of the climate change.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 03:23:40 PM

~snip
Without cricket my life is boring LOL There are no international cricket at all. I was a bit excited with this Pakistan tour or Sri Lanka (B team :-P ) but rain gave it's hand.

We had a one game today (Pak vs SL) but its already schedule for tomorrow with mutual agreement. let's hope that ground might be ready for tomorrow's game and good to see they are reviewing this series schedule.

Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 2nd ODI rescheduled for Monday

Anyway, This might cheer you up. "Just For Fun, No Judgement"

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 1030 »
  Print  

Jump to: