Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Look For In A Bounty Campaign  (Read 1141 times)
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 08:21:19 AM

Usually most hunter looks for high reward in bounty campaign, but now is not anymore because there were many scam campaigns offering high reward.
When i want to join bounty campaign, i will find the most legit campaign without regarding their reward allocation.
If the project is not legit, no matter how big the reward, it will be go in vain.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
confreslamp
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 08:32:29 AM

Try to be straight from the very beginning, no hidden budget reduces, sudden KYC implementation and all that good stuff. Furthermore, a bright variety of campaigns and fair distribution among campaigns is a sign of a quality bounty for me.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 12:37:04 PM

I choose and appreciate a quality and serious project to develop, and also the total reward given,
being a bounty hunter is not easy, it requires perseverance and skill,
unfortunately bounty hunters are now underestimated, many allocations have been cut, allocation changes have even been delayed for several months.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Brybro27 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

Bounty Management - t.me/Brybro

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 01:42:33 PM

I recently started managing my first bounty campaign, however, its been a few days and we have yet to see any traction.

The project I'm managing the campaign for is currently in their early startup stages, however, they are running on the VeChainThor Blockchain, they are closely related and in collaboration with an existing prominent project, and are set to release their MVP before the public sale is even set to end.

All these are clear indications, at least to myself, that the project is legitimate and seems to have potential to be a great success. So I would have expected to see more traction by now, but I haven't.

So my question to you all, what do you look for in a bounty campaign?
Do you value a project with a better product, or a project that is giving away higher rewards?
Are there any requirements that steer you away from participating in a campaign?

Any insight and feedback would be extremely helpful so that I can adjust my campaign if needed in order to maximize the results.

Thanks!

This is exceptional of you directly reaching out to the bounty hunters themselves. Let me give you my two cents.

In general, bounty hunters are looking for a couple of things. One is legitimacy/reliability of the project. The second is high reward. But the two should go together. If one is missing, that is enough good reason for them to steer away from promoting your project.

I am speaking of myself and perhaps the majority of bounty hunters of this forum. We do a little background checking of the project we are promoting. We may do a quick glance over your whitepaper, social media accounts, ANN thread, website, and review sites. If the result is positive, we are going to take a look at the rewards. If it is too small and there are already many participants, I might proceed to check another project. But if it is good enough, I will be glad to work for it. But if the project is offering millions and millions in tokens but everything looks shady, like their project team is a bit off, that's scrap for me.

And please, look for a good and responsive manager. People here do not like managers or admins with bad temper. 

Thanks for the comments. A few of mine if you don't mind:

I've heard many people state that a large number of participants steer potential bounty hunters away. Is that because most bounties are staked-based and the more participants, the less the reward?

Also, what would you say high rewards are technically when it comes to the different types of bounties?

Lastly, if you have time, would you be able to review my bounty thread and provide feedback based on your own initial thoughts? I really want to help the project I'm managing grow and increase its exposure, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Bounty Thread Link

I took a quick tour in your bounty thread. Here's what I found:

1. "PlanChain has allocated 1,500,000 PLAN tokens (~$30,000 USD)" This ~$30,000 USD may be good enough in terms of little tasks such as retweet, etc. but I am almost certain that by the time PLAN will hit the market, this amount will probably be around 5,000 USD.

2. ~$30,000 USD for 6 different campaigns and in a couple of months might actually be too low.

3. "All participants must complete the KYC Registration process on the PlanChain website to receive any reward." If you can, remove this. This is a complete BS to the majority of the bounty hunters here. Imagine a participant of yours having this: "Reward: 100 PLAN (~$2.00)" undergoing all this intrusive KYC process.

4. Your reward system is not stake-based, right? But you have pegged your total reward at 1,500,000 PLAN tokens? And since you have no limit as to the number of participants, how could you be sure that there is enough for everyone in this 1,500,000 PLAN tokens allocation?

Good luck!

1. That is a very fair assumption based on the history of bounty campaigns and the dumps that come with it. However, the total tokens allocated to this campaign are very minimal compared to the total supply, so theoretically, there should be less of a dump when they hit the market. In addition, since they are so closely related to Safe Haven, once they get ramped up, the price is only to increase with it. But then again, this is just me talking as a full supporter of the team and what they are attempting to achieve!

2. If we see a huge amount of participation, this allocation amount can always increase if needed. I don't foresee any projects having a hard cap of the total tokens they allocate to a campaign.

3. I really wish I could remove this, however, it is a requirement in order to run a safe TGE and bounty campaign. Also, if you participate in the bounty campaign, our bounties are all simple tasks that should take no more than 5 minutes total and where you could accumulate at least $10 in PLAN tokens. But again, going through the KYC process is a pain, especially if you have to do it for the majority of campaigns.

4. Yeah we are doing fixed rewards. Like I mentioned in #2, we can always increase the token allocation or just close the bounty when we hit this amount. If we hit this amount, I would be more than happy in general so lets hope I run into this scenario!

But overall, thank you for providing your thoughts on my campaign! I hope my feedback makes sense and answers your questions on why some of it is setup as it is. I think the biggest thing that PlanChain has going for them right now is their credibility and close relationship with Safe Haven, which is already a well-established project on the VeChainThor blockchain.

Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 01:50:06 PM

For a bounty campaign, I search for a reasonable pool and work with a reputable team. because right now there are a lot of bad projects managed by bad managers.
After the project is completed, they often postpone the token distribution and make unreasonable terms.
I really need them to be serious and respect us, respect what they say and promise before the campaign ends.

Thanks for your input! I worked for Bounty0x and I completely understand the frustration and loss of trust from bounty hunters when they hear the distribution is going to be delayed, or the token metrics have changed! It never felt good having to announce this to our community, so I can only imagine how it felt being an actual hunter.

Right now, the token distribution doesn't have a defined date for the campaign I'm holding since the pre-sale is at an undefined date currently. But once the pre-sale is over, the TGE will have an announced date and the bounty will be distributed 14 days after the TGE comes to an end. So hopefully that is clear enough for bounty hunters!

pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 01:53:46 PM

Personally before joining any bounty campaign, I check the project detail first. What is their core product and its use, then the team dedication, how much their team is active on Telegram and updating things about project and third thing I look for is the percentage of reward they are offering, it percentage is low then there is point of joining that campaign even if  project has solid background. Good percentage of bounty rewards is equally important. I all these three criteria meet to my expectations, I join that bounty campaign with no second thought.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 01:56:22 PM

Find quality posters. That is all I can say as advice. This does not mean language only too,,, this means the posters actually use the project and know about it, and are interested in discussing the aspects of the project.

I see so many bounties with empty discussions with posters who have 0 knowledge of the product.

All bounty people look for rewards but if you also engage quality posters they want to give something back to the project.

You don't know how difficult it is to find these "quality posters". I feel like due to the numerous amounts of bounty campaigns starting every day, people do the least amount of work required to participate in bounties just so they can optimize the number of bounties they participate in.

My goal is to create a private network of individuals that create quality work like YouTube Videos, Articles, Images, etc.. and refer them to each bounty campaign that I manage in the future. I think by doing so, both parties would benefit as the individuals would receive a generous reward while creating quality content for the project. This is still just a thought as I'm just starting, but I'm hoping it can come to fruition in the near-future!

letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 01:56:33 PM
Merited by TokenHodlr (1)

I am usually looking for some good features when choosing a bounty campaign to take part in:
1) Well designed bitcointalk thread or website with strict rules and responsible managers
2) Good conditions, big bounty pool or few bounty hunters involved Smiley
3) Strong idea, team, whitepaper, general visual impression etc.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
wedosgibas

Activity: 535
Merit: 33

here we go

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 01:57:40 PM

I see how many allocations, if it is not bad, continue to look at the condition of project, how their products/ services are, are there any previous reviews or partners. I researched like you want to invest there.
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:09:57 PM

So my question to you all, what do you look for in a bounty campaign?

i'm looking for projects i like to be involved in. partly i invest and use bounty tokens to get a perfect total purchase value.
but often i only take the bounty rewards without really investing fiat or cryto. Cheesy
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:18:18 PM

For me, an important factor when choosing a project is its product. If the product is needed and in demand, then this is a good signal. Next, the team is important and who supports the project, that is, partners. The future of the project depends on these people and whether it will be implemented at all. As for earnings, it is important for me here that conditions and cheating do not change, in other words, the project team must fulfill its original conditions for payments, and not change the conditions or find excuses.
Juliedarwin

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:19:14 PM

I am looking a Bounty Campaign where i am preferred and to fit my self where i am to join. And Looking for any allocations is a must, the rewards, rate and when the tokens are already in the market..and most important is the token value is indeed to join.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:29:23 PM

For me, an important factor when choosing a project is its product. If the product is needed and in demand, then this is a good signal. Next, the team is important and who supports the project, that is, partners. The future of the project depends on these people and whether it will be implemented at all. As for earnings, it is important for me here that conditions and cheating do not change, in other words, the project team must fulfill its original conditions for payments, and not change the conditions or find excuses.
Yes but it all comes down to the end of the campaign.
I think what OP is trying to ask here is what would they need in order to get us attracted to their campaign.
And I think all of us would agree to this terms,
No KYC : Because it is hard to give out our personal information and we don't know if they are trusted or not.
Sure reward : Something that would guarantee our reward as a bounty hunter ,Payment like ETH or something that could easily be traded.
Active Team : To keep us inform about the project and all of the important things that is happening .

beliomir

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:29:35 PM

I am looking for good projects for work. I see that the project has investors, this shows that people trust the project and you can work with it.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 02:29:54 PM

I am usually looking for some good features when choosing a bounty campaign to take part in:
1) Well designed bitcointalk thread or website with strict rules and responsible managers

Thanks for your feedback! With these key factors, how would you rate/rank the bounty campaign I'm currently managing? I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on it!

You can link to the Bounty Thread here!

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:30:30 PM

But again, going through the KYC process is a pain, especially if you have to do it for the majority of campaigns.

I think you have a mistaken notion that folks just dislike KYC because it takes them extra time or is a pain to do. And I guess to some, it is sort of a pain.

But really, it's simply the issue of giving complete strangers all of your personal information + license or passport. And in your campaign, they even go as far as requiring a utility bill. My bank didn't even ask for that much information from me.

It's just too big a risk for most people.

Answer this honestly, if you were asked to provide all of that info from random strangers, all for a grand total of like $10-$50 in bounties, would you willingly do it?  And also figure about half the time the bounty would be completely worthless. I can't fathom why anyone would bother. It's not like the old days anymore when a bounty could be worth 1-2 btc.
Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 02:42:06 PM

But again, going through the KYC process is a pain, especially if you have to do it for the majority of campaigns.

Answer this honestly, if you were asked to provide all of that info from random strangers, all for a grand total of like $10-$50 in bounties, would you willingly do it?  And also figure about half the time the bounty would be completely worthless. I can't fathom why anyone would bother. It's not like the old days anymore when a bounty could be worth 1-2 btc.

If it is a project that I've researched thoroughly and believe it is worth it, yes, I would complete the KYC for that project. I've done it already a few times for a few projects, and these projects I invested in as well. I've had no regrets doing it either as they turned out to be as good of projects as I believed they would be based on my research.

So yes, it appears it is a mix bag, and really depends on the type of bounty hunter you are. If you are just looking to get free tokens, you probably will ignore any campaign that requires KYC. If you are looking to get extra tokens in a project that you've researched and have thoughts of investing in, KYC probably isn't an issue.

However, if you ever work for a crypto project, you'd understand how important KYC is. I agree, KYC shouldn't be required for bounty campaigns though since they are marketing efforts and not investments, but countries don't look at it that way. Plus, KYC filters out all the fake/spam accounts of people trying to take advantage of the system.

Also, another quick remark from my end, I will never participate in any bounty campaign that doesn't require KYC because the ones that I have participated in have yet to hit the market. So, like I said, it is a mix bag.

Kezacky

Activity: 732
Merit: 10

https://www.epsiloan.xyz

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:46:27 PM

for me personally before joining the bounty campaign always looking at the background of the team or the experience of developers in managing previous projects, developers who have a good reputation will be welcomed by users. High prizes and large bonuses are one of the goals of the bounty hunter because anyone does not want their work to be in vain or only paid for $-$$.

Farma
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1001

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:50:18 PM

I might prioritize point 3 before the other points. it can determine the success of the project that we support, because even if a project has a very good design, but does not have point 3, then the risk of failure may be greater. besides, as long as the reward is given is worth enough, then I will support the project. Although everyone has opinions, and views that differ from this, I think point 3 is the core thing for choosing a project/bounty.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 02:55:34 PM

Yes but it all comes down to the end of the campaign.
I think what OP is trying to ask here is what would they need in order to get us attracted to their campaign.
And I think all of us would agree to this terms,
No KYC : Because it is hard to give out our personal information and we don't know if they are trusted or not.
Sure reward : Something that would guarantee our reward as a bounty hunter ,Payment like ETH or something that could easily be traded.
Active Team : To keep us inform about the project and all of the important things that is happening .

If you thoroughly researched the project, would you consider doing KYC as long as you deemed them professional and trustworthy?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: