Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:13:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Exbet is LIVE >> The Bitcoin Betting Exchange [exbet.io]  (Read 13473 times)
exbet.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 425
Merit: 58

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2019, 09:18:29 PM

We'd like to give an update to the bitcointalk community on exbet.io.

Our aim has been to launch exbet.io by the end of 2019. We are also committed to launching as a regulated gaming business, and the gaming license process is taking longer than we had expected to conclude. Because of this, exbet.io will not launch until 2020.

We are disappointed not to launch in time for a busy mid-winter sports schedule, including NFL Playoffs and Premier League Xmas matches. However, we believe the decision to delay launch is the right one for our future customers and partners. A gaming license provides both transparency and guarantees of integrity and security, which are paramount in the gaming and crypto industries.

We also see another upside to this situation, which is that we have even more time for product development and are now even more confident that we will be bringing a much-needed top-tier betting exchange product to the crypto world. Those of you who took part in the exbet.io beta in October will be pleased to hear that we now have a fully responsive mobile version of the website, which is currently going through final internal testing.

Thanks for all your support in 2019 - even without a product launched yet! We look forward to repaying your patience with the betting exchange you deserve in 2020.

Regards
The exbet.io team

Exbet is LIVE | The Bitcoin Betting Exchange | Back, Lay, and Trade Sports | 1% Commission | NFL, NBA, Soccer & Cricket

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 09:50:31 PM

~snip~

Its alright!

Its better to be delayed as long everything is being set-up carefully rather than rushing into things which would possibly result into a mess.
So far i havent see any words from beta-testers on this one so i do presume that they arent members of this forum or just simply forget to make up some feedbacks on the beta.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
exbet.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2019, 10:06:41 PM

hi stomachgrowls!

Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate your support  Smiley

Actually many of our beta testers come from bitcointalk. You can look back in this thread for some of their feedback.

We also summarized beta feedback in these posts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5187610.msg52876342#msg52876342
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5187610.msg52918797#msg52918797

Exbet is LIVE | The Bitcoin Betting Exchange | Back, Lay, and Trade Sports | 1% Commission | NFL, NBA, Soccer & Cricket
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 10:20:50 PM

~snip~

Its alright!

Its better to be delayed as long everything is being set-up carefully rather than rushing into things which would possibly result into a mess.
So far i havent see any words from beta-testers on this one so i do presume that they arent members of this forum or just simply forget to make up some feedbacks on the beta.
I agree that it's better to delay and be honest about it than launching a premature platform that nobody will be happy with.
I understand that the delay remains until 2020 but I think a speculated month was specifically excluded so I wonder if this has been finalised yet  Huh
exbet.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2019, 10:37:42 PM

I agree that it's better to delay and be honest about it than launching a premature platform that nobody will be happy with.
I understand that the delay remains until 2020 but I think a speculated month was specifically excluded so I wonder if this has been finalised yet  Huh

Thanks Zicadis, appreciate it.

We are going to wait to give a more specific date/month until we are very sure that all the paperwork is in place and that we can 100% hit that deadline. We don't want to wear out your patience!

Be assured that we want this done ASAP, and we hope to have good news early in 2020.

TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 08:39:58 PM

Thanks Zicadis, appreciate it.

We are going to wait to give a more specific date/month until we are very sure that all the paperwork is in place and that we can 100% hit that deadline. We don't want to wear out your patience!

Be assured that we want this done ASAP, and we hope to have good news early in 2020.

In terms of your paperwork, is acquiring gambling license included in this?
At least a curacao license to start with.
Because players are more confident if a gambling site has bit of credibility to refer on.
exbet.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2019, 10:29:11 PM

In terms of your paperwork, is acquiring gambling license included in this?

Yes, exactly.

mirq20

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 11:30:33 AM

When does the stock market start? from what I know the license of Curacao does not wait long, a better moment will probably not look what the losers from betfair do also manipulating brokers. I think people are waiting and getting impatient and silence in the team.
pleasureteam
Copper Member

Activity: 207
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 02:52:17 PM

any news about this. Already over a month there was an update here in the topic
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 03:01:36 PM

any news about this. Already over a month there was an update here in the topic
OP was last online 12 days ago without any words nor updates towards this site and as you surf to their site showing;

The exbet.io beta is now finished.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

We look forward to exbet.io going live later in 2019.

Regards,
The exbet.io team

We are now 2020 and it seems this one died without even able to launch.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
exbet.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 06:41:07 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (5)

We are now 2020 and it seems this one died without even able to launch.

hey Oilacris

You spoke too soon! Not even close to dead  Wink

We've been heads down on product, license and partnerships these past weeks... so a little absent here on bitcointalk. But active as ever on Twitter and building our network in the betting industry.

But your comments are fair enough - we understand that expectations are high, and the delay is frustrating.

Please be assured that we are as frustrated as any of you - we have a great product and the response to beta was huge, so it's killing us waiting to launch.

Concrete updates as soon as we have them. Thanks for your continued interest.

exbet.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 06:43:54 PM

When does the stock market start? from what I know the license of Curacao does not wait long, a better moment will probably not look what the losers from betfair do also manipulating brokers. I think people are waiting and getting impatient and silence in the team.

hey mirq20, we feel ya!

Impatience is good, we feel the pressure of you all waiting on a serious alternative to Betfair, and that is how high we are aiming.

Thanks for your support.

arco-yabamba

Activity: 196
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 09:35:55 PM

cmon exbet can't you see people are waiting? get it together!
seriously though, there is a market out there for what you are building, just launch already.
any update on whether it will be bitcoin or stablecoin?
exbet.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2020, 03:06:34 PM

cmon exbet can't you see people are waiting? get it together!
seriously though, there is a market out there for what you are building, just launch already.
any update on whether it will be bitcoin or stablecoin?

Thanks for the extra kick arco-yabamba!

We are settled now that launching with Bitcoin as the native currency for exbet.io is the right option. Of course, feedback from users after launch will guide us to consider if and how we integrate stablecoin support at some future date.

arco-yabamba

Activity: 196
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 12:47:27 PM

ok thinking about i like the idea of stablecoin for getting betfair people on board many will not want to take the crypto price risk esp hedging across exchanges. but bitcoin to start makes sense keep it clean.
i see you guys added cricket in signature. more sports the better imo but why cricket, why not tennis or horses?
exbet.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2020, 10:22:57 PM

Certainly cross-exchange hedging/trading/arbitrage is more difficult to encourage without stablecoin support. But Bitcoin first, to really plug the current gap in the market for a native Bitcoin betting exchange.

We have had massive interest in Cricket, and it really is a boom sport just now on exchanges, so we are just trying to anticipate market demand and fine tune the product offering in the medium term. Might not have support fr cricket at launch, but surely will be up and running soon after. We'd love to launch in time for IPL but timing looks tight at this stage.

Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 01:31:04 AM

I'm just wondering, what are the advantages of using your service as opposed to using a more established service in terms of stuff like fairlay? Aren't they also a betting exchange where you can set your own odds and take other people's odds from the books, as opposed to directly betting against the bookie?

Sorry for this question, but I'm an amateur in this area.

Also, what are the countries that are restricted from participating? It says in the beta that my jurisdiction is apparently barred from using your services Undecided

Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 08:25:06 AM

We have had massive interest in Cricket, and it really is a boom sport just now on exchanges, so we are just trying to anticipate market demand and fine tune the product offering in the medium term. Might not have support fr cricket at launch, but surely will be up and running soon after. We'd love to launch in time for IPL but timing looks tight at this stage.
Launching this exchange right before IPL would be perfect. Honestly, my interest in your exchange has fallen op since there is no set date as to when your exchange will properly launch with constant delays one after the other.

Can understand that improvements are being made, but its been several months since you guys finished the beta and I am hoping that you guys will launch it by April-May 2020 even though you mentioned that timing looks tight.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
exbet.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2020, 09:17:43 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (5)

I'm just wondering, what are the advantages of using your service as opposed to using a more established service in terms of stuff like fairlay? Aren't they also a betting exchange where you can set your own odds and take other people's odds from the books, as opposed to directly betting against the bookie?

Sorry for this question, but I'm an amateur in this area.

hi Kyraishi

We believe that exbet.io will match the quality of product found in fiat betting exchanges (Betfair et al) but with the key advantage of natively supporting Bitcoin.

When compared to crypto betting exchanges, we believe that exbet.io will offer a top-quality full-featured product including:
- smooth, uncluttered UX
- fully responsive mobile version
- industry-standard APIs
- secure access including 2FA option
- continuous development of the product and bet offering

Finally, as is the case for any exchange platform (betting or otherwise) liquidity is the bottom line on which we will be judged, and we expect to be able to provide good liquidity from day one.

It says in the beta that my jurisdiction is apparently barred from using your services Undecided

OK, thanks for letting us know. We understand that you will probably not want to share information about your jurisdiction, but if you are able to do so in a DM, we can check and see if we can find a workaround for demo purposes.

exbet.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2020, 09:29:53 PM

Launching this exchange right before IPL would be perfect. Honestly, my interest in your exchange has fallen op since there is no set date as to when your exchange will properly launch with constant delays one after the other.

Can understand that improvements are being made, but its been several months since you guys finished the beta and I am hoping that you guys will launch it by April-May 2020 even though you mentioned that timing looks tight.

Hey Haunebu, we agree with you completely, it's frustrating. We need to get the product out there, simple as that. IPL would be just great, we're keeping everything crossed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: