Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:13:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GridSeed 5-chip USB miner voltage mod  (Read 156979 times)
jamieb81

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:30:02 PM

What are y'all using the gridseeds for anyways? Multipools?

Yes, I believe most of us are.
Hardly anyone is running dual mode as it's just not really worth mining SHA anymore unless you can mine in the TH/s ranges.

I'm certainly considering my options differently now but it's still cool to be able to make money this way even though the daily income is less than $10 mining only LTC.

I tried ScryptGuild multipool but they didn't impress me as I was making less per day where I should have been making 30% to 40% more per the site owner.
It would be great if my 6 GS5's made me at least $2+ per day!

Wolfey2014

10$ only LTC is with using 6 GS's to mine ?

what pool are you using that makes you the most profit at this moment? multipool.us?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:36:48 PM

Hardly anyone is running dual mode as it's just not really worth mining SHA anymore unless you can mine in the TH/s ranges.

I'm certainly considering my options differently now but it's still cool to be able to make money this way even though the daily income is less than $10 mining only LTC.

I tried ScryptGuild multipool but they didn't impress me as I was making less per day where I should have been making 30% to 40% more per the site owner.

Wolfey2014

Yeah, scryptguild is still in beta as well... Was averaging well below the 0.006BTC/MHz that I was expecting. I do like btcguild from the same admin where I've always pointed 1/3rd of my BTC hash (the other 2/3rd at eligius and ghash.io). Also tried wafflepool. Pool difficulty is too high or maybe I didn't wait long enough. Haven't tried the others yet:

http://poolpicker.eu/text.php

Today, I'm just using the gridseeds to mine doge at my regular pool (hashfaster). My two 290x are split between VTC and HVC. Why? Because the Antminer S1s are making my apartment too hot, so I need something that runs cooler for the GPUs :p ...

wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:45:19 PM

Wolfey2014

what pool are you using that makes you the most profit at this moment? multipool.us?

Actually as stated, "less than $10/day". Honestly it's just a hair under $10 per day.

In a 24 hour period I make, .40 LTC out of 6 miners running at 850MHz avg. each = $9.098892 per day Grin

Not too shabby for 6 little miners, eh? Will be making a bit more profit once I get them all stably overclocked.

Wolfey2014

Pea Ess.... www.litecoinpool.org ... sorry bout that!

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:47:23 PM

A soldering gun probably wont work here. Your going to need a pretty fine pencil tip and a steady hand.

Something like this may work but I'm waiting a week to see how things go before modding my 10.

http://www.amazon.com/Wall-Lenk-L25K-Watt-Soldering/dp/B000M2UXTE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395424899&sr=8-1
please get ERSA or Weller or Aoyue at least - you wont have fun long with the cheap chinese crap

Good idea! The above will probably just run long enough to solder a handful of times ... a good one will last years
flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:50:07 PM

Wolfey2014

Actually as stated, "less than $10/day". Honestly it's just a hair under $10 per day.

In a 24 hour period I make, .40 LTC out of 6 miners running at 850MHz avg. each = $9.098892 per day Grin

Not too shabby for 6 little miners, eh? Will be making a bit more profit once I get them all stably overclocked.

Wolfey2014

I like litecoinpool.org and fee is relatively low for pps. I was mining at ghash.io the last week with their LTC promotion. Too bad didn't have all my gridseeds then
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:51:15 PM

A soldering gun probably wont work here. Your going to need a pretty fine pencil tip and a steady hand.

Something like this may work but I'm waiting a week to see how things go before modding my 10.

http://www.amazon.com/Wall-Lenk-L25K-Watt-Soldering/dp/B000M2UXTE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395424899&sr=8-1
please get ERSA or Weller or Aoyue at least - you wont have fun long with the cheap chinese crap

Good idea! The above will probably just run long enough to solder a handful of times ... a good one will last years

Probably a better investment to pay a pro to do the solder bridges etc. for you - hint hint.... Wink
Wolfey2014

jamieb81

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:52:56 PM

Wolfey2014

Wolfey2014

wow that's pretty impressive indeed to get so much out of the GS's, and that not even OC'd
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:54:50 PM

Wolfey2014

Wolfey2014

I like litecoinpool.org and fee is relatively low for pps. I was mining at ghash.io the last week with their LTC promotion. Too bad didn't have all my gridseeds then

Why does that sound like a cheesy plug for ghash.io Huh Cheesy

w2014

flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:57:33 PM

Wolfey2014

Wolfey2014

w2014

No fees and give me 1.25x to 2x more. Sure why not. At regular reward, no longer mining LTC there. There are better places.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:59:14 PM

Wolfey2014

Wolfey2014

wow that's pretty impressive indeed to get so much out of the GS's, and that not even OC'd

Actually, the term you're looking for is 'over-volted' not overclocked,,, which they are in fact.
850MHz is 250MHz over the stock - default setting of 600MHz. Wink
One of mine is now overvolted and further overclocked to 900MHz...running rock solid so far.
10 PM tonight will be its first successful 24 hour zero errors benchmark pass! Keep your fingers crossed folks!
Look ma! No fan!  Grin

Wolfey2014

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 11:04:41 PM

Wolfey2014

Wolfey2014

w2014

No fees and give me 1.25x to 2x more. Sure why not. At regular reward, no longer mining LTC there. There are better places.

Wow! is that cheddar CHEESE or mozzarella?  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Care to enlighten us on wtf "elsewhere" is? What are the urls's beg you?

w2014.2

jamieb81

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:05:01 PM

So if I'm right, 10$ a day, you will break even in around 3/4 months depending the price you paid them ?

correct me if I'm wrong
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 11:07:45 PM

So if I'm right, 10$ a day, you will break even in around 3/4 months depending the price you paid them ?

correct me if I'm wrong

You're close Wink

4.74 months to be more exacter  Roll Eyes

Wolfey2014

simon66

Activity: 423

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:13:20 PM

I mine at ltc.hash.so
0% fee, but they need more miners as it takes around 20 hours for them to find a block :S
Can't beat the 0% fee tho.

Oh yea, almost forgot. I got 4 miners running there making me about 0.5 LTC a day.

For the people using BFG miner, whats the config file for the gridseeds (No CLI stuff, please)?
I ran it for a bit at 250Kh/s. Nothing I did, seemed to make it go faster.

This is my CLI config.

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool-eu.hash.so:3421 -u simon66.##### -p #### -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=850,850,850,850 --disable-gpu --remove-disabled
flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:18:16 PM

Wolfey2014

Wolfey2014

w2014

Wow! is that cheddar CHEESE or mozzarella?  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Care to enlighten us on wtf "elsewhere" is? What are the urls's beg you?

w2014.2

p2pool ... I hate fees usually
Andareed (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:19:05 PM

The 10 I modded yesterday seem to be rock solid at 938Mhz.  I have pushed the non-modded ones as far as I can without too many HW errors.  I will solder the rest if these are stable through the weekend.

I also used the --usb :50 command to break them up into 2 groups of 50 miners so I can see them all.

Okay, cool! Nice work!

I modded one of mine last night. Solder bridged 2 of the resistor blanks as shown earlier by the original modder. This increases core voltage a tad, I believe. And I think that's all you can safely increase it to.

I haven't tried replacing the resistor with a 38K or the pencil track mod trick yet.
That's for PLL voltage adjustment as I understand it, without delving into the schematic etc. myself.

Is this what you did too?

As for your fine tuning to an odd step of 938Mhz, how did you accomplish this?
I'd like to do the same thing.
Mine is rock steady at 900MHz but at 950Mhz being the next allowed step in cpuminer throws enough HW errors to turn me off to it. So for now. it's 900Mhz which is giving positive results at the pool. $$$

Wolfey2014

If you use https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355, you can specify pll_r, pll_f, and pll_od as part of gridseed-options; you can use https://gist.github.com/dtbartle/5319985b29b7f78c3993 to generate all possible combinations of these, and their resulting frequencies.

BTC: 1K54i8Fsu7e7WPu1pQJV6tDa65qXahnHMH
LTC: LMfJ2eqsJofTaNtD1dLRZBuKju9qYgwxZj
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 11:37:14 PM

Wolfey2014

Wolfey2014

w2014

Cool!
Do you mean at ghash.io you're making up to 2X more than I am at litecoinpool?
What is your average?
w2014.2

jamieb81

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:52:59 PM

Wolfey2014

Wolfey2014

w2014

Cool!
Do you mean at ghash.io you're making up to 2X more than I am at litecoinpool?
What is your average?
w2014.2

Wolfey, there was a one week offer at ghash for Litecoin mining that gave a bonus from 1.25 to 2x what you were mining, depending on the pool hash rate. I think he's reffering to that
flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:44:39 AM

Yep... not any more. I think ghash was just trying to quickly get a ton of hash. Wonder how much they paid for it and if people will actually stick there once the rewards are back to normal now. I for one like p2p better... so usually when I mine LTC, I bring up my own node..
jamieb81

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:47:49 AM

Yep... not any more. I think ghash was just trying to quickly get a ton of hash. Wonder how much they paid for it and if people will actually stick there once the rewards are back to normal now. I for one like p2p better... so usually when I mine LTC, I bring up my own node..

I went there just for the time of the offer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: