Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:56:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GridSeed 5-chip USB miner voltage mod  (Read 156979 times)
Monzsta

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:48:37 PM

Hi everyone, I picked up some more gridseeds, however this time when they arrived they were silver, and they seem to be pulling 12.5 watts stock on my power meter. My previous gold ones pulled about 8 watts. Is there a major difference between the silver and the gold? I am currently using autotune to see if the extra voltage being pulled translates in to higher overclocks. It seems that they are used as well.. its possible that they have been volt modded somehow possibly? Anybody have any extra information about the different gridseed versions?

I've got a silver one myself.  If anyone needs pics of the board I'll happily crack it open.  I don't have a watt meter, but as far as overclocking, this one likes 800 mhz and hits 320's kh/s. (miner and pool together). 850 starts driving down the number of accepts, (360 kh/s miner, 200's pool side) and hw starts into the teens in a 24hr period. 900 mhz gets the hash rate to almost 400, but almost no accepts on the pool side, and a ridiculous amount of hw's. I don't think (at least mine) it's volt modded.

BTW, anyone figure out what the button on the board does?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dyland

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:02:16 PM

Sorry - I'm not using a Controlla either.  I'd guess the issue is not the mod though (if done correctly) if you have problems at 800Mhz too.  Too many people have reported success with vmod3.  Have you tried a different pool?

Haven't tried a different pool as of yet. But I'd like to stick with clevermining...

Can I pay anyone to load an sd with a plug and play image that works?

I don't have a raspberry pi so I can't help you there, but I WAS using Clevermining.  WAS being the keyword.  Recently (this past weekend actually) I noticed some VERY inconsistent results from that pool as well as a very high reject rate (which they say is a 'false reporting'...not sure how much I believe that).  For example, I had 3 gridseeds pointed to that pool and when I would start mining it would be sometimes 3-4 minutes before a single share was accepted.  Then a few more would get accepted, and then another 5 minutes or so before another share was accepted.  Their graph of my hashrate would fluctuate between 1.5Mh/s down to almost 0. 

Using the same version of cpuminer I switched back to Multipool and there was no delay in accepted shares, lower reject rates, and more consistent hashrates around the 1.4-1.5Mh/s range.  Also at Clevermining I have 0.00000016 BTC "Immature" and 0.00046437 BTC "unexchanged"...that number hasn't changed for the past 2 days, leaving my "payout" just below their threshold. 

All that adds up to something that seems a little "off" so I've switched all my workers over to Multipool. 

Hmm Maybe I'll give multipool a shot then.

I seem to be stable at 600 lol.

I definitely wasted both money and time on the volt mod.

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
gbyg

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:41:06 PM

I see this NMOS_D_PPAK_2_LFPAK_09N03 with the .brd file

I have 1 pod that came with only 2 mosfets on the board (the pod that went into meltdown)
This photo shows what is underneath the mosfet.

Thanks, I have both version. Some of the with 3 MOSFET and some 2 MOSFET. Your Q6 looks different then my 2 MOSFETs grid seed. What is on top of your Q6?
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 01:47:13 PM

Sorry - I'm not using a Controlla either.  I'd guess the issue is not the mod though (if done correctly) if you have problems at 800Mhz too.  Too many people have reported success with vmod3.  Have you tried a different pool?

Haven't tried a different pool as of yet. But I'd like to stick with clevermining...

I don't have a raspberry pi so I can't help you there, but I WAS using Clevermining.  WAS being the keyword.  Recently (this past weekend actually) I noticed some VERY inconsistent results from that pool as well as a very high reject rate (which they say is a 'false reporting'...not sure how much I believe that).  For example, I had 3 gridseeds pointed to that pool and when I would start mining it would be sometimes 3-4 minutes before a single share was accepted.  Then a few more would get accepted, and then another 5 minutes or so before another share was accepted.  Their graph of my hashrate would fluctuate between 1.5Mh/s down to almost 0. 

Using the same version of cpuminer I switched back to Multipool and there was no delay in accepted shares, lower reject rates, and more consistent hashrates around the 1.4-1.5Mh/s range.  Also at Clevermining I have 0.00000016 BTC "Immature" and 0.00046437 BTC "unexchanged"...that number hasn't changed for the past 2 days, leaving my "payout" just below their threshold. 

All that adds up to something that seems a little "off" so I've switched all my workers over to Multipool. 

Hey, just curious. What went wrong with your volt mod?
What Multipool are you using?
I'd like to find one that actually can deliver more $/KHs overall.
Thx!

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
nst6563

Activity: 252
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:59:30 PM

Wolfey - I'm using multipool.us.  Overall I like it better than clevermining mainly due to the fact that you can see what's being mined at the current time, as well as your balances of each coin.  They don't automatically exchange and payout in btc like clevermining though - although I wish that were an option.  They do have full cryptsy integration though.  You have more information and control over what you're mining at multipool as opposed to a couple graphs with no specific information.

I enjoy my voltmods - not sure about dyland and what went wrong there.  Each of my gridseeds hovers around the 500-530kh/s.
wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 02:06:02 PM

Wolfey - I'm using multipool.us.  Overall I like it better than clevermining mainly due to the fact that you can see what's being mined at the current time, as well as your balances of each coin.  They don't automatically exchange and payout in btc like clevermining though - although I wish that were an option.  They do have full cryptsy integration though.  You have more information and control over what you're mining at multipool as opposed to a couple graphs with no specific information.

I enjoy my voltmods - not sure about dyland and what went wrong there.  Each of my gridseeds hovers around the 500-530kh/s.

Thanks nst.
I'll look into it. Might go there again. Wasn't impressed first time I tried multipooling with Scrypt Guild. They said I'd make an average of 40% more but that just wasn't the case! And I don't like anyone converting my coins for me automatically unless I designate which coins get exchanged and at which rate or time.

Did you use the 49.9k value? What is your HW to Accepts ratio on average?
I'm averaging 14+KHs pool side with my 26 OC's miners. Wink Nice, eh?

Woof

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:24:05 PM

Thanks nst.
I'll look into it. Might go there again. Wasn't impressed first time I tried multipooling with Scrypt Guild. They said I'd make an average of 40% more but that just wasn't the case! And I don't like anyone converting my coins for me automatically unless I designate which coins get exchanged and at which rate or time.

Woof

Hey Wolf, what is the power usage of those 26 OC miners? just wondering if its still worth OC'ing with the upcoming nextgen ASIC's.
nst6563

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:26:06 PM

Thanks nst.

Woof

Some are using 49.9k, some are 50k.  Some gridseeds have trim pots on them, others have 2x100k resistors in parallel to equal the 50k.  I just used what I had on hand since I had a surplus of trim pots and 100k resistors  Cheesy

I've only got 6 gridseeds but they're running along nicely at 3MH/s.  I put in a pre-order for one of the GAWMiners 1MH/s Fury units that came with just about everything including the kitchen sink for $199.  It was a deal I couldn't pass up since it came with the miner, all power cables, network cable, raspberry pi, pre-loaded sd card, and free shipping.  
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:35:42 PM

Thanks nst.

Woof

Some are using 49.9k, some are 50k.  Some gridseeds have trim pots on them, others have 2x100k resistors in parallel to equal the 50k.  I just used what I had on hand since I had a surplus of trim pots and 100k resistors  Cheesy

I've only got 6 gridseeds but they're running along nicely at 3MH/s.  I put in a pre-order for one of the GAWMiners 1MH/s Fury units that came with just about everything including the kitchen sink for $199.  It was a deal I couldn't pass up since it came with the miner, all power cables, network cable, raspberry pi, pre-loaded sd card, and free shipping.  

That's pretty expensive knowing other company's will have +10MH for around 350$
dyland

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:56:59 PM

Hey, just curious. What went wrong with your volt mod?
What Multipool are you using?
I'd like to find one that actually can deliver more $/KHs overall.
Thx!

The hardware hack itself is flawless; the problem is I have no time to change from hashra controla (which seems to be the problem I guess--though I have a crazy reject rate reported when I run above 600khz), and last time I tried to get a pi to boot on my own with wheezy, I had zero luck and lost precious sleep for the following work week. So here I am with zero time to change image on pi (if that is even the problem...) and I am at less hashes and paid out to my modder $200.00. So I am set back two weeks at least in profits at this point and losing ground fast.

I have lost so much money in mining....I wanted to stay ahead somehow by getting an A2, but realized I can't even really afford a blade at this point, so I thought, "hey, I can get 2.5M for $200.00? OK, that's what I can afford to do at the moment....let's go for that with a volt mod".

I am using clevermining
, but I'm not married to it. I don't think the problem is the volt mod at all; the problem is either controller or pool.

I don't quite understand, however, if it is the controller--ie that you need to tune out the gridseeds with specific khz--as other users in this thread are running all of their units at 1150, 1200, etc.

I ran mine at 1200khz for 12 hours and I have a few HW errors, but the reject rate showing on controlla is crazy! Like 20%. Reject showing poolside is substantially less though: like 7%. But overall hashes poolside are about half of what they should be....

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
dyland

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:57:33 PM

Wolfey - I'm using multipool.us.  Overall I like it better than clevermining mainly due to the fact that you can see what's being mined at the current time, as well as your balances of each coin.  They don't automatically exchange and payout in btc like clevermining though - although I wish that were an option.  They do have full cryptsy integration though.  You have more information and control over what you're mining at multipool as opposed to a couple graphs with no specific information.

I enjoy my voltmods - not sure about dyland and what went wrong there.  Each of my gridseeds hovers around the 500-530kh/s.

Thanks nst.

Woof

Hold on, which companies and when?

This must be a reference to the Titan. I hope I'm not wrong, but I don't think we will see Titan until September.

Unless you're just talking about the natural price decrease of the A2 chip over the next few months.

Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:00:20 PM

so the silver ones are less stable overclockable?
dyland

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:01:16 PM

what controller are you using?

jamieb81

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:07:09 PM

Wolfey - I'm using multipool.us.  Overall I like it better than clevermining mainly due to the fact that you can see what's being mined at the current time, as well as your balances of each coin.  They don't automatically exchange and payout in btc like clevermining though - although I wish that were an option.  They do have full cryptsy integration though.  You have more information and control over what you're mining at multipool as opposed to a couple graphs with no specific information.

I enjoy my voltmods - not sure about dyland and what went wrong there.  Each of my gridseeds hovers around the 500-530kh/s.

Thanks nst.

Woof

This must be a reference to the Titan. I hope I'm not wrong, but I don't think we will see Titan until September.

Unless you're just talking about the natural price decrease of the A2 chip over the next few months.

No I'm not talking about price decrease of A2

there are so many companies that will deliver asic miners soon.

Fibonacci is coming out with a miner that will give ( at this point 14Mh ) for 350$ not yet updates on their website but it is 14Mh and this number could get higher to match competition.

Flower tech ( funny they make a gridseed looking one as well )

https://www.flowertechnology.com/product-category/miners/

and I suggest everyone to look at this chart https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1msn9gC7wgBYdiyOLZLhQifOSKpt3ukdnuTy14m-F-s8/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

somehow today the days to ROI collum does not work, but many, especially gridseeds will never roi
nst6563

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:20:37 PM

Thanks nst.

Woof

Considering it came with around $60 worth of accessories that I didn't have but wanted anyway....I didn't consider it too bad.

I (and apparently others as well) had seen no mention of 14mhs units for anywhere near that price either.  The closest I saw was 13mhs for 1800 or so.
nst6563

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:22:19 PM

I just have them hooked up to my win 8.1 pc. 
dyland

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:28:49 PM

Thanks nst.

Woof

No I'm not talking about price decrease of A2

there are so many companies that will deliver asic miners soon.

Fibonacci is coming out with a miner that will give ( at this point 14Mh ) for 350$ not yet updates on their website but it is 14Mh and this number could get higher to match competition.

Flower tech ( funny they make a gridseed looking one as well )

https://www.flowertechnology.com/product-category/miners/

and I suggest everyone to look at this chart https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1msn9gC7wgBYdiyOLZLhQifOSKpt3ukdnuTy14m-F-s8/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

somehow today the days to ROI collum does not work, but many, especially gridseeds will never roi

sad, but true. The thing is, though, and correct me if I'm wrong, these ROIs are based on litecoin, correct? I plan to multipool these gridseeds to death.

dyland

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:30:00 PM

thanks, but what program to run the seeds?

jamieb81

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:32:23 PM

sad, but true. The thing is, though, and correct me if I'm wrong, these ROIs are based on litecoin, correct? I plan to multipool these gridseeds to death.

He actually made two calculations, one straight LTC and one where the diff would have very low increase to simulate higher income from multipool for example. But alot did still not make any ROI
nst6563

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:32:51 PM

thanks, but what program to run the seeds?

Sorry... I'm using sandor's cpuminer fork with the autotuning features.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: