Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:58:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GridSeed 5-chip USB miner voltage mod  (Read 156979 times)
happydaze

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:45:01 PM

nst6563 - I ordered a Fury when it had everything included too!  I wasn't planning on buying anything but I couldn't pass that up.  Zeus Blizzard should have 6 chips now (yesterday's update) so potentially 1.5 Mh/s so I really hope that is what a Fury ends up being.  Fingers crossed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dyland

Activity: 238

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:50:42 PM

sad, but true. The thing is, though, and correct me if I'm wrong, these ROIs are based on litecoin, correct? I plan to multipool these gridseeds to death.

He actually made two calculations, one straight LTC and one where the diff would have very low increase to simulate higher income from multipool for example. But alot did still not make any ROI

I get that, but what I think people must consider is that difficulty increase with LTC is not the deathknell to 10M scrypt rigs that everyone might think, as these rigs can still be profitable as proxies for LTC through alts. In other words, you can bank on at least one or two or three alts having awesome profitability--and almost all of them are scrypt--as time goes on, and you just stay on the profit pools like waffle and clever while your colleagues continue the asic arms race on LTC that will certainly ensue.

Or am I totally off?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
dyland

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:52:56 PM

$20.00 bounty to anyone who can make me a pre-loaded SD card with Sandor's latest autotune for Rasp Pi that is working, and give me an hour of their time on teamviewer this weekend to make it work.

I am in Toronto.

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:54:46 PM

Wolfey - I'm using multipool.us.  Overall I like it better than clevermining mainly due to the fact that you can see what's being mined at the current time, as well as your balances of each coin.  They don't automatically exchange and payout in btc like clevermining though - although I wish that were an option.  They do have full cryptsy integration though.  You have more information and control over what you're mining at multipool as opposed to a couple graphs with no specific information.

I enjoy my voltmods - not sure about dyland and what went wrong there.  Each of my gridseeds hovers around the 500-530kh/s.

Thanks nst.
I'll look into it. Might go there again. Wasn't impressed first time I tried multipooling with Scrypt Guild. They said I'd make an average of 40% more but that just wasn't the case! And I don't like anyone converting my coins for me automatically unless I designate which coins get exchanged and at which rate or time.

Did you use the 49.9k value? What is your HW to Accepts ratio on average?
I'm averaging 14+KHs pool side with my 26 OC's miners. Wink Nice, eh?

Woof

Hey Wolf, what is the power usage of those 26 OC miners? just wondering if its still worth OC'ing with the upcoming nextgen ASIC's.

Approximately 560W total .... not bad, eh? Wink

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:22:05 PM

Yeah thats cool for such hashrates on gridseeds! Im running 19 basic ones for 7.1 M/hash  and 150W in total.
Getting a replacement (had a DOA) and 4 more next week to bring it up to about 8.8M/hash with an expected 180-185W.

You might want to underclock them again if profitability reduces to much but atm your setup is great! Smiley
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 05:19:42 PM

sad, but true. The thing is, though, and correct me if I'm wrong, these ROIs are based on litecoin, correct? I plan to multipool these gridseeds to death.

He actually made two calculations, one straight LTC and one where the diff would have very low increase to simulate higher income from multipool for example. But alot did still not make any ROI

I get that, but what I think people must consider is that difficulty increase with LTC is not the deathknell to 10M scrypt rigs that everyone might think, as these rigs can still be profitable as proxies for LTC through alts. In other words, you can bank on at least one or two or three alts having awesome profitability--and almost all of them are scrypt--as time goes on, and you just stay on the profit pools like waffle and clever while your colleagues continue the asic arms race on LTC that will certainly ensue.

Or am I totally off?

The large ASICs can mine multipools too, or any Scrypt altcoins, so I don't think that small scrypt rigs are somehow immune to the arms race. You'll see more and more new coins use other algos, this is already happening. To me it looks like the only chance to ROI is upgrading to the next ASIC while you can still sell the old one, which is what I'm trying to do. Got so far as Gridseeds (5-chip) -> blades -> Zeus (backorder unfortunately, I hate those).
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:36:21 PM

Or am I totally off?

The large ASICs can mine multipools too, or any Scrypt altcoins, so I don't think that small scrypt rigs are somehow immune to the arms race. You'll see more and more new coins use other algos, this is already happening. To me it looks like the only chance to ROI is upgrading to the next ASIC while you can still sell the old one, which is what I'm trying to do. Got so far as Gridseeds (5-chip) -> blades -> Zeus (backorder unfortunately, I hate those).

Exactly that's the way how to ROI always sell old hardware for new one

ps Zeus is on pre order not backorder if I'm correct? just like most new asics are pre order
dyland

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:42:35 PM

Or am I totally off?

I'm not really sure I could afford two blades for for my 20 modded pis...and even then I am not getting a huge boost.

By the time I am finally comfortable with the gear, I've got to sell it. It's impossible for a guy as busy as me to keep up with all this...

I sort of am growing to hate mining and regretting getting into it.

jamieb81

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:54:35 PM

It is often more profitable to buy X amount of coins and sell them at a profit if you play it well you can ear WAY more than mining yes
Monzsta

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:18:36 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 08:27:57 PM by Monzsta

so the silver ones are less stable overclockable?
It may boil down to the silicon lottery. I haven't volt modded mine, so the results are just out of the box. I did notice my board has micro LED's on it instead of the reg. ones pictured. Can't remember if it had 2 or 3 mosfets though.

Edit: It has 3 mosfets.
cbutters

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:00:17 PM

$20.00 bounty to anyone who can make me a pre-loaded SD card with Sandor's latest autotune for Rasp Pi that is working, and give me an hour of their time on teamviewer this weekend to make it work.

I am in Toronto.
YGPM I can help you.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 11:39:13 PM

Yeah thats cool for such hashrates on gridseeds! Im running 19 basic ones for 7.1 M/hash  and 150W in total.
Getting a replacement (had a DOA) and 4 more next week to bring it up to about 8.8M/hash with an expected 180-185W.

You might want to underclock them again if profitability reduces to much but atm your setup is great! Smiley

Cool, thanks. I have pics of my rig if anyone wants to see it  Grin

Oh, fuggetaboudit! ,,,,, here!
Enjoy.. Smiley

Pea Ess - I think rather, our S-Hashers will be quite busy and profitable for some time and to a decent degree in tune with positive changes in the market over the coming months and perhaps years.
Just my .000020btc on the matter Wink

jamieb81

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:01:08 AM

Oh silver ones? first time I see those  Smiley

I've have got the gold, light gold and recently a red one but new model with smd led
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:13:37 AM

funny thing just happened to me:

removed r52 resistor with blob-method,
and while moving it down, it got attached to next pads, Cxxx location

and it was aligned so perfecty, i first could not tell if that has to be so!
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 04:03:26 AM

Oh silver ones? first time I see those  Smiley

I've have got the gold, light gold and recently a red one but new model with smd led

The 20 I just received and modded earlier this week are all aluminum. Not silver.
Silver! Right!  Grin

gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:46:08 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 05:24:41 AM by gtraah

Wolfey - I'm using multipool.us.  Overall I like it better than clevermining mainly due to the fact that you can see what's being mined at the current time, as well as your balances of each coin.  They don't automatically exchange and payout in btc like clevermining though - although I wish that were an option.  They do have full cryptsy integration though.  You have more information and control over what you're mining at multipool as opposed to a couple graphs with no specific information.

I enjoy my voltmods - not sure about dyland and what went wrong there.  Each of my gridseeds hovers around the 500-530kh/s.

Thanks nst.
I'll look into it. Might go there again. Wasn't impressed first time I tried multipooling with Scrypt Guild. They said I'd make an average of 40% more but that just wasn't the case! And I don't like anyone converting my coins for me automatically unless I designate which coins get exchanged and at which rate or time.

Did you use the 49.9k value? What is your HW to Accepts ratio on average?
I'm averaging 14+KHs pool side with my 26 OC's miners. Wink Nice, eh?

Woof

Some are using 49.9k, some are 50k.  Some gridseeds have trim pots on them, others have 2x100k resistors in parallel to equal the 50k.  I just used what I had on hand since I had a surplus of trim pots and 100k resistors  Cheesy

I've only got 6 gridseeds but they're running along nicely at 3MH/s.  I put in a pre-order for one of the GAWMiners 1MH/s Fury units that came with just about everything including the kitchen sink for $199.  It was a deal I couldn't pass up since it came with the miner, all power cables, network cable, raspberry pi, pre-loaded sd card, and free shipping.  

That's pretty expensive knowing other company's will have +10MH for around 350$

$200 for 1mh Is expensive  gawminers, hashra need to really decrease there prices to compete, They state to deliver around Early June, Mark my words a week or 2 later you would be able to get quadriple the amount of hash for  half the amount and LESS power... We all need to stick together and dont buy unless the prices are right, they will stay at those prices untill people say NO, I will not buy... This forces them to reduce. There margins are HUGE

I am currently speaking to some developers which are releasing Cards that manage 38-39MH These cards each take 180w And you can fit them on a normal computer, You would not even need risers very slim , This will be around August.... I will be getting each card hoping $900-1000 each I have 2 MOtherboards from my GPU days each board has 7 PCIE slots... So just think about it 14 Slots, Each slot around 38mh Wink And you can play games whilst mining and browse the internet Tongue

ANDDD these cards are capable of Scrypt-N they work like GPU's you can change the paramaters when the Nfactors change
gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:57:17 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 10:06:22 AM by gtraah

I will just add my 2 cents for the people thinking about this.... I have tested Vmod3 vs Stock and I GUARANTEE the voltmod pumps more accepted shares than stock.... I had them running side by side with the same pool my test Had 10 Stock vs 10 Vmod3 with the 49.9k swap @1200mhs for an EXACT 510KH NOTHING more or nothing less... Dont get confused by all the people claiming 600KH 550KH stable YES the pool shows what ever sometimes more sometimes less and sometimes VERY high, I listen to what the local hashrates as this is what the POD is ACTUALLY mining at. Just like travelling in a car and looking at the aftermarket GPS showing you how fast your going, you dont look at that right? you look at your cars speedo Wink

I do not get ANY disconnects now that I use a PROPER USB hub with enough power... I have noticed that if you have 10 port hub you need a 5amp POWER adapter if you dont want ANY Libusb errors or CGminer restarts << these happen when there is not enough power.. THink about it like this --- Each USB Port needs atleast 500ma of power, you can get lucky running less but don't be surprised if you get Cgminer shutting down or your hashrates aren't showing properly.

I purchased a 30day old used 49Port HUb for $80, This has a 40amp fuse and connects to a 24pin ATX power.

Anyway back to my test 10 vs 10, Started the EXACT same time Within 1 Hr this is where you see the Gap between the shares grow, and the gap keeps getting larger and larger, by 2 hrs the gaps show that EVERY single vmod pod beating the Stock and not by small amounts of shares by significant amount. Even the strongest stock do not have a chance...

Without a doubt Vmod trumps stock the only time you may think about not vmodding if your power costs are MEGA $$$ but even then it would have to be VERY Expensive not to take it...

a simple test is to use coinwars just to see if hashrate and powercosts increase or decrease your  daily profit you will see what I am talking about.

Do a test, goto profit calculater click on scrypt and enter your hashrate @ 510KH + 25w + how much your power is then click CALCULATE, check to see your profit then do the same thing but this time choose 361KH @ 7w at the power costs see the difference. PLEASE NOTE, this is ONLY to see the difference between the both not to see how much you will make.

Anyway as Of now I have modded every single pod to 49.9k and I run them at 1200mhz I hash tested 1275, 1250, 1225 & 1213   ---- DEFINITLEY 1200 i feel is the best but `1213 is OK also But id rather 1200 and seeing less HW.... I havent done extensive calculations between the HW error rates and the accepted between the above frequencies because I feel its a waste of time... 1200 @ 510KH is perfect for me..

Just my 2 cents.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:34:28 PM

What kind of soldering stations are you guys using? Also, are you guys using any particular soldering sucker gun to clean up any mess?

Basically, whats good for a good price amount.

And where to buy? radioshack, amazon ect?

thanks.

Edit: soldering tip size?
nst6563

Activity: 252
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:29:47 PM

What kind of soldering stations are you guys using? Also, are you guys using any particular soldering sucker gun to clean up any mess?

Basically, whats good for a good price amount.

And where to buy? radioshack, amazon ect?

thanks.

Edit: soldering tip size?

I used a standard cheap 30watt iron with a very fine tip.  A hot air station would definately be better, but it can be done with an iron if you're careful enough and have had practice.
I didn't use a solder sucker, I used solder wick, but really I didn't need to use it hardly at all because I didn't make a big mess while doing the mod.

Radioshack should have everything you need for a competitive price.  Some of their stuff (like individual components) is priced a little high, but the iron's, flux, solder, wick, etc. should all be relatively inexpensive.  I think they have a 25watt iron for like $14.  I know they have a $14 DE-soldering iron which I've seen some methods to convert it to a hot air iron by removing the bulb, and placing steel/copper wool inside the tube and attaching a small aquarium air pump to where the bulb was.  Might work, might not.  I haven't tried it myself.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:05:29 PM

Thanks, nst6563. Looks so scary, and I haven't had any real experience with soldering, did a few huge cpacitors, 8-pin atx molex on a motherboard, went well. I tried jtagging a  e4200 bricked router, that didn't go to well.

Maybe I should not try this. :/
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: