Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:34:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How NOT To Get Scammed  (Read 4649 times)
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 02:23:23 PM

I guess everyone here did go to that growing pains early in their crypto journey.

I myself was very gullible way back, investing on a so called bitcoin doubler, but we all know what happens next. If I may add, crypto is not a get rich scheme, everyone who join this market because of that mindset will lose everything is just a matter of months.

And as much as we hated Ponzi, it will continue to grow, it's already 2019 and there are still individuals who fall for this kind of trick.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 02:30:14 PM

I once invested in one project because of FOMO. The project is discussed by everyone in the group and every day there will be news that appears. I am still holding and analyzing, then I am interested in investing some of my funds in it. When the token sale is complete, just wait for listing on the exchange. But until now the project has not been listed anywhere and tokens have become junk.
Past experiences adds up to your knowledge, learning things in the hard way will take you to the next level. Many traders and investors failed to do their homework, same with how OP explains factors that affect investors point of view.
 Rushing into something without committing yourself to study and research makes you vulnerable and easy to be a victim by scammers out there who's looking for the next target.
DDante

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 02:39:24 PM

Newbies should behave like a newbie and learn first, they should put aside their greed for money to avoid making mistakes, scammers number trick is to offer fake promises and high rewards
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 02:45:37 PM

HYIPs: When it looks too good to be true, then it's probably too good to be true, when you see any investments that promise high yield returns, please stay far away from them, when you see genuine projects that offers returns, most of their returns are so low, some of them are average of 10% per annum and it's a wonder that we see platforms offering 10% and above in a day and we gladly jump straight into rekt, like I said, if it sounds too good to be true, then it's too good to be true.
The problem here is that people still risk their hard-earned money to invest in an insecure invesment platform. At first they knew it was going to go to the scam but with the big money and they thought that in the pioneering stage it would pay them off immediately, And what's worse is they encourage the novice to join, so they are the victims most often.

Therefore, prevention of people who already know this trend should begin. To prevent the novice from becoming a victim.
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 02:46:31 PM

Newbies love to try as see even if they will lose money, bitcoin doublers and HYIP still have loads of people who patronize them every day, some became lucky and some lose out big time but everything starts from the greed of the heart
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 02:48:51 PM

Scams come in a lot of ways.
Whether you wanted it or not. Look, even if we're putting our highest guard, scammer could still hides their tiniest scheme. It's best to avoid it, true.

It's kinda hard to tell someone this or that, they tend to gave up to their emotions, especially hyip, ponzi, fomo or the like.

As for the tips mentioned above, my advice is be prepared for anything. Don't click any suspicious links, double check everything, don't just blindy believing what someone's said. Do your own research, and always prepared for the worst.
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 02:50:22 PM

No matter how good a project might look, even after series of research, after investing in it and you have got that little profit, pls, take your profit and move on to another. Trying to take too much has caused some people to lose their funds.
It can bring loss to the point that you might be able to recover from it again.
IvugeoEvolutionCoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 03:03:06 PM

I believe that every good lesson starts with a good story and on this note, I want to tell you about the experience I had that made me cautious of "Get rich quick" schemes online especially those pertaining to Cryptocurrencies.

I discovered Bitcoin in early 2013 and although I didn't take it seriously at first, I was earning little money from it doing tasks online (pay for view, faucets and such), I took it more as a hobby and never intended on selling the bitcoin, I just knew in my heart that it would do great so I wanted to accumulate as much as possible without having to spend my money buying it (this was before I got into mining), fast forward to 2015 when the money doubling schemes were everywhere, I kept seeing adverts online and even though I knew better, I decided to invest in one of them (Avabitcoin) with the coins I got from my early days of discovering bitcoin, Avabitcoin was a platform where you invest bitcoin and they supposedly invest it and return profits to you on a daily basis, I decided to take the risk and invested for the first day, got back my money plus 12% profit, and greed overtook me and I did kept doing it for 2 more weeks before they vanished with my funds. I kept going all in even when I had already doubled my money.

If you want to avoid getting scammed online, you just have to follow the following:
Greed: Greed has led a lot of people straight to rekt, like my story above would have told you, I couldn't resist the pull of greed even when I had doubled my funds.

HYIPs: When it looks too good to be true, then it's probably too good to be true, when you see any investments that promise high yield returns, please stay far away from them, when you see genuine projects that offers returns, most of their returns are so low, some of them are average of 10% per annum and it's a wonder that we see platforms offering 10% and above in a day and we gladly jump straight into rekt, like I said, if it sounds too good to be true, then it's too good to be true.

FOMO: If not for the hype that Avabitcoin generated, I would not have invested in it in 2015, learn how to DYOR and avoid what others have to say about projects they seem to support, infact your mindset should be that everybody is trying to rip you off so if you always look at every hyped project with that mindset, you would have a clearer picture of the project without the blindfold of FOMO.

Rushing: Avoid rushing into any investment because you heard it's paying others, one of the virtues of a Cryptocurrency investor is patience, Cryptocurrency investments are high risk investments and you have to treat it like gambling, never invest more than you can afford to lose, never go all in on any project no matter how good it looks.

If you have any similar experience, please kindly share it, it might help others (especially the newbies to avoid being scammed by shady projects out there.
The biggest factor getting people scammed easily  is greed. I remember losing funds on an old HYIP called RichmondBerks which claimed to invest our funds in real estates (it was a big lie). I lost 3000$+ in that scheme and from there I learnt the hard way. Crypto investment needs patience and proper strategies, there is no shortcut. Learn how to spot good projects, learn TA for trading purpose, involve in bounties etc , that's the way forward.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View ArchiveReport to moderator 
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████▄
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
████████████▀██▀
████▀█████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 03:03:34 PM

It's accurate though. Most have experienced being scammed and I just also want to add something from what I have learned from that experience is you need to do is to be very cautious and do prior research before investing on something. Don't let yourself get blinded by greed because it will do no good to you. You're just making yourself be more vulnerable for scams.
If you're still not that familiarize here, especially for newbies, it's best not to make hasty decisions. Consult people who you think that can help you with your decisions.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 03:11:18 PM

The problem is newbies these days see cryptocurrency as an opportunity to get rich fast which is a wrong interpretation. It's a long process of learning so it will be a big risk to invest without learning first. I admit that I made a wrong decision because of FOMO before but I have learned that it's better to do your own research first before investing.
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 03:43:36 PM

I believe that every good lesson starts with a good story and on this note, I want to tell you about the experience I had that made me cautious of "Get rich quick" schemes online especially those pertaining to Cryptocurrencies.

I discovered Bitcoin in early 2013 and although I didn't take it seriously at first, I was earning little money from it doing tasks online (pay for view, faucets and such), I took it more as a hobby and never intended on selling the bitcoin, I just knew in my heart that it would do great so I wanted to accumulate as much as possible without having to spend my money buying it (this was before I got into mining), fast forward to 2015 when the money doubling schemes were everywhere, I kept seeing adverts online and even though I knew better, I decided to invest in one of them (Avabitcoin) with the coins I got from my early days of discovering bitcoin, Avabitcoin was a platform where you invest bitcoin and they supposedly invest it and return profits to you on a daily basis, I decided to take the risk and invested for the first day, got back my money plus 12% profit, and greed overtook me and I did kept doing it for 2 more weeks before they vanished with my funds. I kept going all in even when I had already doubled my money.

If you want to avoid getting scammed online, you just have to follow the following:
Greed: Greed has led a lot of people straight to rekt, like my story above would have told you, I couldn't resist the pull of greed even when I had doubled my funds.

FOMO: If not for the hype that Avabitcoin generated, I would not have invested in it in 2015, learn how to DYOR and avoid what others have to say about projects they seem to support, infact your mindset should be that everybody is trying to rip you off so if you always look at every hyped project with that mindset, you would have a clearer picture of the project without the blindfold of FOMO.

Rushing: Avoid rushing into any investment because you heard it's paying others, one of the virtues of a Cryptocurrency investor is patience, Cryptocurrency investments are high risk investments and you have to treat it like gambling, never invest more than you can afford to lose, never go all in on any project no matter how good it looks.

If you have any similar experience, please kindly share it, it might help others (especially the newbies to avoid being scammed by shady projects out there.
Indeed. Greed and rushing into any investment is the common mistakes of people who get scammed, that is why having patience and controlling yourself are the things that you should consider before investing your money in projects. Other reason why people are getting scammed because of ignorance or not enough knowledge in cryptocurrency, just because the project has great whitepaper, website and promising team members it cannot be consider a scammed project, that is why beginners in cryptocurrency should be guided and learn more for them to avoid fraudulent projects.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2324
Merit: 454

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 04:01:50 PM

FOMO is same thing as rushing, fear of missing out can make you rush to exchange to buy a particular coin or token but the most dangerous one is greed, not knowing when to stop is bad in every aspect of life but at the same time greed has its purpose too

They are all not dangerous, except to HYIPs, FOMO, rushing, is a good thing, what comes after is how you are going to apply it, it could be either affect you negatively or positively, again, it all depends on what actions you are going to execute to make these things you called "how not to get scam" advices work properly.

If you are going to get greedy because of FOMO, and you rush things out, make sure that you have a plan before that, rushing things naively is a plan destroyer.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 04:08:32 PM

Do not send money to scammers and you will not be deceived.

To be honest, I somewhat doubt the relevance of your advice.
The time of hypes has passed. Of all the projects of today, it’s possible to single out only telegrams and Libra as HYIPs, but neither of them gives an opportunity to invest in them.
Therefore, your advice seems a little belated to me.

As for FOMO, in the current market I have not seen this phenomenon for a long time. Even when Bitcoin grew to $ 13,000 and FOMO did not activate, which is why the whales had to sell out.

taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1721

airbet.io

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 04:10:43 PM

I once invested in one project because of FOMO. The project is discussed by everyone in the group and every day there will be news that appears. I am still holding and analyzing, then I am interested in investing some of my funds in it. When the token sale is complete, just wait for listing on the exchange. But until now the project has not been listed anywhere and tokens have become junk.
Past experiences adds up to your knowledge, learning things in the hard way will take you to the next level. Many traders and investors failed to do their homework, same with how OP explains factors that affect investors point of view.
 Rushing into something without committing yourself to study and research makes you vulnerable and easy to be a victim by scammers out there who's looking for the next target.
The incident made me more careful and with a wider perspective. The need to learn from bitter experience so as not to get stuck again. I continue to learn to do research to determine which projects are good and which projects are deceptive.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
bitzizzix

Activity: 2366
Merit: 448

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 04:29:21 PM

Deception can happen to anyone and it's because of FOMO and greed, even though they have experience and have been here for a long time, but fraudsters are smarter and will try various tricks to convince.
and we need to be more professional to do detailed research and investigate more deeply and try to communicate with their team to always keep asking questions that you think should be asked, and all of this will become Points of consideration as a continuation for making choices.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 04:33:36 PM

You can never rush things, you will surely make mistakes no matter what if you are taking things too quickly. If you really want to avoid unfortunate events such as scams and frauds, it would be best if you make decisions slowly and carefully. It will also be a great help if you are going to make sure you are knowledgeable enough on what you are trading or investing to so that you can pick the best decision. There are a lot of scams out there right now and you can avoid only if you are patient and skillful enough on what you are doing.
iamsange

Activity: 852
Merit: 391

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 04:34:23 PM

Big scam case that i see, maybe ponzi scheme that famous and then collect a lot of money from people. After that maybe people know when they are too greedy and think about instant way to get money, scammers will take advantage from them.
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 04:36:16 PM

Scams are increasing day by day just only because of people getting greedy as they want to become rich without doing anything in short span of time.They just invest anywhere without getting proper details as they get attracted to the benefits set up as bait and easily get fooled.So they need to be aware about this risky market and just control their emotions and investigate in detail first without investing money in scam project.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 05:10:47 PM

People makes lot of money from HYIP, its true because i have friends that make money from HYIP but i learn something from my friend, he said to make money from HYIP you need to put aside greed, once you get paid quickly withdraw your reward, not the same for everyone though they want big money before withdraw thats how they lose money, at the same time HYIP is not good, its nothing but scam investment
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 05:29:03 PM

The fact is i never invest in any new projects because i don't need to, old altcoins are better and safer and if i have to hold any new token or coin it will be from bounty projects, scammers are making money off innocent victims everyday so they are every where, i can change my mind only when regulation get approved

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: