Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:51:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How NOT To Get Scammed  (Read 4649 times)
Godwinpaul

Activity: 276
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 12:06:17 PM

There's no doubt that get rich quick schemes and ponzi schemes are of no good to anyone. Most people join this scheme out of greed because of the wealth they promise in very short period of time. This schemes in most cases uses the payment of new members to pay the interest and principal of older members.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
totoy4741

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 03:49:22 PM

For us to avoid getting scammed, even the projects states their whitepaper as a good and look real. We shouldn't believe and fall immediately we need to study it first make some deep research about the project carefully so that we aren't going to be fooled.
I definitely agree with this, having good whitepaper does not guarantee that the project is going to be successful it's still depends on the team's performance and community support. There are lots of projects with souch good whitepaper but were not able to perform well which led to its defunct. It is better to scrutinize the project before really getting into it.
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 09:26:58 PM

My dear no matter how careful you are, the tendency of NOT falling for scam project is limited. you can not totally avoid everything. if you follow the guideline you provided, the tendency of not getting affected is high and you might succeed. i think everyone involved in crypto has been SCAMMED in one way or the other.  

Natalim

Activity: 2898
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 11:32:06 AM

My dear no matter how careful you are, the tendency of NOT falling for scam project is limited. you can not totally avoid everything. if you follow the guideline you provided, the tendency of not getting affected is high and you might succeed. i think everyone involved in crypto has been SCAMMED in one way or the other.  
In reality the risk is really high, hence the more we should be careful when it comes to investing. Investing in altcoins nowadays IMO is not really advisable, unless its an old coins, already have a development and listed in decent exchanges with volumes of $10,000 and up in 24 hours.

That figure is just my own gauge or qualification in choosing an investment.

erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 11:39:28 AM

Definitely the post is helpful and I would even share this to my friends especially the newly invited to learn about cryptocurrency.

Other than that there are many ways to scam other people and that may even include scamming you without you having the knowledge that your funds were being stolen. If you still wisihing to add more topics related to your thread OP then try to check this thread about phishing that I had made here For your ready reference on phishing.
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 12:17:58 PM

Thanks for the post, it's helpful. I think there are still cases wherein even when someone has done the needed things might still ends up falling a victim. I have seen cases where a team with good funds ends up listing on a bad exchange and then exit scam, this was rampant then and made many people to hate most small exchanges. There are also cases where the team will use their funds to list on an exchange, hype it and gain attention, only for them to dump everything and exit scam.
So having seen all these, what I can say is, be mindful of small exchanges and if the team break their promises of listing on a small exchange as a start, dump as fast as possible, because they will hardly list on any other good exchange. Also, if you are in profit, just sell and move on, and even if you want to buy again make sure the team are not using hype to gain attention; but more preferably sell in profit and move on.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  

Jump to: