Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:23:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How NOT To Get Scammed  (Read 4649 times)
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 03:43:29 PM

Rushing a project like you have said, it's not good. That must be the key in my opinion too Smiley.

I have seen a lot of projects that started off as a legit project and paying people, and on the long run it turned out to be a scam. Some scammers will present themselves as legit and when they have paid people for sometime and get to convince them that they are legit, by then people will start to invest lots of money and before you know what's happening they will stop working and disappear.

So it's good to do a proper research about any project and not just based on what you have heard. You should go through their website and also check their team and everything necessary that you will check to confirm that they are legit. Lastly, you shouldn't let greed push you into making a mistake you will end up regretting. As humans, our desires are much, but you can't get all. You should learn to control yourself and not your desires mislead you. That's very important.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 04:19:26 PM

It is all bout rushing in without having further research about the project. Greed has always been a part of it but I don't we can just let it go yet specially with this opportunities. FOMO is always with it as well besides such chances are only for limited participants be better to go quick or rather lose it. But that doesn't mean you have to go all through well without looking for further details. Might be able to avoid scam if people are all strict and cautious before participating into any project.
Miy Monk
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 06:15:45 PM

This was really helpful. Personally I think GREED is the main reason being scammed. Some people unwisely follow fancy links(ads) where they are dreaming about getting lots of money but actually they are losing it. We should take our decision wisely before investing on a project.

Drai (OP)

Activity: 567
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 09:49:36 PM

Please try to include telegram scams on your list, they are trending big now and almost all newbies from india have fall victim to this scam tricks, scammers steal project teams image and use a near identity name too, for example a legit project team member can  go by @fisher as the username and scammers will change the name to @flsher with same profile image to give you good offer, if you don't check very well you will think its legit
Ok, I would add this with a quote right now, don't know why this skipped my mind, many of my friends has fallen victim to it in the past.

Eildosa

Activity: 572
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 10:14:06 PM

Quick money-making scheme of course the most dangerous. I also tried to make money on them, but in the end I lost money. But it made me realize that there is no easy money. And in order to get something you need to work hard.

Chika08

Activity: 544
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 10:21:58 PM

Yes, greed has led lots of scams out there, how would someone jump into a project you have been told it isn't real but because of its growth escalation you went to buy and instead of selling immediately you expecting more gains. And secondly is uncertainty, no proper research, hype has made many investors cry till date.   
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 10:39:37 PM

Of course, I fully agree with you that quick schemes of earnings are often unprofitable. But I can say that it all depends on how well you use these schemes. You can try everything, the main thing is always to try to keep everything under control and be careful.

toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 10:48:47 PM

This was really helpful. Personally I think GREED is the main reason being scammed. Some people unwisely follow fancy links(ads) where they are dreaming about getting lots of money but actually they are losing it. We should take our decision wisely before investing on a project.
in investments with crypto and altcoin currencies one of the risks and weaknesses of these investments is that there are no strengths or legal institutions that can regulate the activities that occur in the development of crypto currency investments and that allows people to make fraudulent projects for personal gain and certainly harm many people and investors who participated in the project

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 01:30:31 AM

The most reigning form of scamming is not less of ICO/IEO related. Most of them are now come in form of airdrop. They conduct an airdrop and inform the participants to pay a certain amount of ETH as gas fees for the airdrop earnings to be sent. They all end up in nothing but scam.
The best way to avoid being scammed is to check one's greed towards making unrealistic earnings.
The number and type of scams is infinite, another thing that airdrops are doing is to ask for KYC just for a few dollars worth of their coins and then they can sell this information later on the the dark net or even use this information on later scams, we need to be very careful scammers are using every resource at their disposal to take advantage of the honest people of this market and we cannot let them tarnish the image of cryptocurrencies anymore or we will never get to the level of adoption we have dreamed of.
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 02:23:32 AM

Quick money-making scheme of course the most dangerous. I also tried to make money on them, but in the end I lost money. But it made me realize that there is no easy money. And in order to get something you need to work hard.
In this market, any investment will have its own risks and if you are not careful, you will be a victim for them to make money. I have gone through many different stages of this market and also lost a lot of money when participating. I believe it is best to choose only top altcoin investments or join IEO at major exchanges because these are the two easiest ways to make money in the bear market.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 03:40:41 AM

In this market, any investment will have its own risks and if you are not careful, you will be a victim for them to make money. I have gone through many different stages of this market and also lost a lot of money when participating. I believe it is best to choose only top altcoin investments or join IEO at major exchanges because these are the two easiest ways to make money in the bear market.
Investment in the market, you mean crypto investment or investment in ICO? Well, it has its own risk, and the risk of investing in money making scheme is different from crypto investment.
Participating in investment scheme is different from investing in crypto, if you participate in investing schemes, you will only end up being their victim, while in the market or through ICO, there is a chance that you make a profit but it takes time and not an easy way to make a profit.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 04:25:07 AM

The most reigning form of scamming is not less of ICO/IEO related. Most of them are now come in form of airdrop. They conduct an airdrop and inform the participants to pay a certain amount of ETH as gas fees for the airdrop earnings to be sent. They all end up in nothing but scam.
The best way to avoid being scammed is to check one's greed towards making unrealistic earnings.
The number and type of scams is infinite, another thing that airdrops are doing is to ask for KYC just for a few dollars worth of their coins and then they can sell this information later on the the dark net or even use this information on later scams, we need to be very careful scammers are using every resource at their disposal to take advantage of the honest people of this market and we cannot let them tarnish the image of cryptocurrencies anymore or we will never get to the level of adoption we have dreamed of.
It should begin with people who already have good knowledge about this sphere. If most will not follow this scamming tricks scammers needs to find another ways to try attempting another scamming offers. Once you detect or proven that it's just all for scam, exposing is the best help that you can bring to this industry.

Being open and not to allow things to spread helps more people to avoid becoming a victims. If you are in the  position, do your diligence to share your knowledge to prevent.
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 05:43:25 AM

I underline your statement that "We should take our decision wisely before investing on a project" and I strongly agree with what you say.
but we also need to know the current state that many projects are growing and it is very difficult to determine what projects will succeed. although we have analyzed it well.
in fact, many projects have scam results, even though we see the process is quite good.
lousie9

Activity: 1680
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 06:00:39 AM

from some of the points you said above are exactly the same as what I feel in this cryptoqurrency industry, well ... I know that this is a free forum and more risky than I thought. but what we have done before, is a good step for the next day. I think everyone will think the same that someone who does not want to get scammed, the answer is quite simple no need to bother to get involved in it.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 06:23:36 AM

I underline your statement that "We should take our decision wisely before investing on a project" and I strongly agree with what you say.
but we also need to know the current state that many projects are growing and it is very difficult to determine what projects will succeed. although we have analyzed it well.
in fact, many projects have scam results, even though we see the process is quite good.

At present it is indeed risky to invest in new projects. If the price does not go down after the initial listing, there is another risk that the developer team is running away from the investor's funds. For now, I think it's safer to invest in coins that are in the top 10 coinmarketcaps, but we just have to wait patiently for the altseason to come

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Ravulapalli_3333

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 05:59:17 PM

This is really a useful article, the information is really worth watching to avoid fraud. I see greed as the source of failure. We are easily deceived by sweet promises, not even able to think what we are doing. That is why we end the project with regret.
randa2000

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 06:33:25 PM

it is not easy today to get good project to invest, if the project not scam it is low quality and dead after few months
Bim abk

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 06:37:53 PM

it is not easy today to get good project to invest, if the project not scam it is low quality and dead after few months
but I still believe there will be projects that can last a long time, market trends may be bad but I am sure there are some developers who are responsible for the project. Most importantly as an investor you must choose the right project for investment
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 09:57:54 PM

but I still believe there will be projects that can last a long time, market trends may be bad but I am sure there are some developers who are responsible for the project. Most importantly as an investor you must choose the right project for investment

yeah a lot of projects have the capacity to last for long term but the main thing is their identification which is very important for not getting scammed, and it is not necessary that the projects would be judged on the basis of the market conditions, the legit project is always legit whatever the market trend is, but scam project will always scam you even in the bull market.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
Viscore

Activity: 3024
Merit: 647

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 11:59:15 PM

Investors should be very careful in choosing projects to invest because there are a lot of projects today that are very appealing and are offering very high profits. Don't be fooled by those promises because it seems that they are just too good to be true. To avoid being scammed, we should always see to it that we should not be greedy in investing in ptojects because that will put us into harm in the end.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███