Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:12:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:19:06 AM

Sorry for the delay in opening the store everyone. The project is still on track and production is set to start in less than two weeks, but we're working through a few setup issues and making sure everything works smoothly with the cart and the shipping plugins before opening it to the public.
Thanks for your patience.
qumqats

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:55:52 AM

Each die has an independent voltage controller and 12V input, so you can run whatever power supply configuration you want. Even if you have a server power supply with a higher 13V input voltage and an ATX one with a 12V output, you could run them together without contention.

How much current will each die be pulling?  i.e. a power supply has to be able to supply at least XXA or XXXW, or a multiple there of . . .

ADVthaAnksNCE
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:15:00 AM

Sorry for the delay in opening the store everyone. The project is still on track and production is set to start in less than two weeks, but we're working through a few setup issues and making sure everything works smoothly with the cart and the shipping plugins before opening it to the public.

Happy days Smiley
I believe that by this time you have a very good idea on pricing.

Can you share a rough price per unit please ?

Thank you very much
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 09:28:44 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 10:00:03 AM by Wesly

Happy days Smiley

Thank you very much

Look like someone has already made a HashFast EVO clone 750GH/s in stock now for $1500

SVK

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:07:54 AM

Happy days Smiley

Thank you very much

Look like someone has already made a HashFast EVO clone 750GH/s in stock now for $1500

VMC has a dedicated thread on here and I would not say that they have good reputation.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:51:30 PM

VMC has a dedicated thread on here and I would not say that they have good reputation.

Any company that gets into bed with Hashfast deserves to get their reputation tarnished

Too expensive, too late delivered, slower than advertised and consuming more power than promised...
SVK

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:04:34 PM

Any company that gets into bed with Hashfast deserves to get their reputation tarnished

Too expensive, too late delivered, slower than advertised and consuming more power than promised...

Are you talking about Habanero project or VMC ?
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:54:10 PM

Any company that gets into bed with Hashfast

If you don't believe me, check back here in 6 months how things turned out
SVK

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:06:01 PM

Any company that gets into the bed with Hash Last = too expensive + too late for delivery + slower than advertised + consuming more power. Did I get it right ?

Habanero = price unknown + no delivery date set + final power not advertised + final power draw not confirmed yet

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:22:47 PM

"Habanero" is only taking the HashCrap ASIC and board design, separating a little bit the components on the board in order to have it visually different than the HashCrap reference design and selling it (as something different?).

I don't see how HashCrap isn't still completely in charge of everything related to this board.

Efficiency, hashing power and whatever will be exactly the same of the HashCrap board. HashCrap is also the only one with the ASIC, so they will set the price.

Cheers.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:27:47 PM

"Habanero" is only taking the HashCrap ASIC and board design, separating a little bit the components on the board in order to have it visually different than the HashCrap reference design and selling it (as something different?).

I don't see how HashCrap isn't still completely in charge of everything related to this board.

Efficiency, hashing power and whatever will be exactly the same of the HashCrap board. HashCrap is also the only one with the ASIC, so they will set the price.

Cheers.
Pretty much everything is wrong with this post, sorry.
The board design is not taken from Hashfast, though the microcontroller/FPGA was based on theirs to speed development time. The largest part of the board (the VRM) is based on an 8 phase capable TI digital controller chip compared the analog 4 phase chip used in the earlier HF boards or the 6 phase chip used in the new ones. The output transistors are the same as HF is using on their new boards likely because they're some of the absolute best available, but the power stage of the Habanero was designed before HF even released a picture or any information on the Evo.

Hashfast is in charge of nothing on this board. The board is designed by me and has a completely different stackup, the board is sourced from our own supplier that has nothing to do with HF, it's being assembled in a facility we have done business with before located 2000 miles from where HashFast gets their stuff done. Even the majority of the ASICs are not coming from HashFast.

About the only thing you got right was that generally the performance and efficiency of the board will be about in line with the Evo board, although we will advertise it as such and not lie about the specs like VMC is.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:35:11 PM

Even the majority of the ASICs are not coming from HashFast.
What?

About the only thing you got right was that generally the performance and efficiency of the board will be about in line with the Evo board, although we will advertise it as such and not lie about the specs like VMC is.
I was expecting a similar reply and I appreciate being completely wrong.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:35:43 PM

I invite you to, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:05:26 PM

MrTeal, what will the warranty be like for the Habanero?  Is it only 30 days like HashFast?

What do you think about the threat of a large HF creditor petitioning the court to force HashFast into receivership/bankruptcy?  Since you are not buying your chips from HashFast, you might be somewhat insulated if and when the court receiver comes knocking to ask for the chips/money back to repay HF creditors (un-refunded customers)?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:17:37 PM

Since you are not buying your chips from HashFast, you might be somewhat insulated if and when the court receiver comes knocking to ask for the chips/money back to repay HF creditors (un-refunded customers)?

There is no way he isn't buying at least the wafers from HashCrap.

Am I right on this, MrTeal?

MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:01:41 PM

MrTeal, what will the warranty be like for the Habanero?  Is it only 30 days like HashFast?

What do you think about the threat of a large HF creditor petitioning the court to force HashFast into receivership/bankruptcy?  Since you are not buying your chips from HashFast, you might be somewhat insulated if and when the court receiver comes knocking to ask for the chips/money back to repay HF creditors (un-refunded customers)?
For those chips that we do buy from HashFast, I would be extremely surprised if a receiver attempted to track down customers that did receive products they paid for and claw them back. Obviously they couldn't ask for any money back since HF hasn't given us any money. The opposite is true, we have to give them a significant amount of money to buy chips. By the same logic a receiver could go after anyone who's received an Evo board, or even all the batch 1 and 2 BabyJets and Sierras from early customers to pay those who are waiting on refunds. While I am not sure on this I would imagine the margins on their chip sales is higher that board sales anyway (besides being a lot easier) so if HF is in a precarious financial position as people are speculating, the current sales would be the only thing allowing them to pay refunds to their earlier customers.

For warranty, we're offering an official 14 day exchange from manufacturing defects. Outside of that things become more complicated, and I would have to evaluate it on a case by case basis. Because we don't plan to impose any (noticeable) limits on frequency or voltage in order to allow those doing extreme cooling (we know some planning immersion cooling) to push the boards as far as possible, offering extended warranties on chips that are tuned to the edge of instability isn't possible.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:02:10 PM

Since you are not buying your chips from HashFast, you might be somewhat insulated if and when the court receiver comes knocking to ask for the chips/money back to repay HF creditors (un-refunded customers)?

There is no way he isn't buying at least the wafers from HashCrap.

Am I right on this, MrTeal?
No, we're not buying wafers from HashFast.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:16:23 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 09:26:52 PM by cedivad

No, we're not buying wafers from HashFast.
So you are buying the asic. Yet you said that "Even the majority of the ASICs are not coming from HashFast".

That means that a part of the asic isn't coming from HashCrap. The most basic part of the asic that HashCrap can provide is the wafer. So something doesn't add up, please let me see it.

If what you wanted to say (as i read it, literally) is that part of the batch of ASICs (didn't think about the plural before) of HashCrap chips isn't coming from HashCrap, well, that's interesting.

Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:19:35 PM

MrTeal, im sorry to see such a wonderful dev/progress thread derailed by some inconsiderate folk. I can for sure say you have developed and are bringing to production an excellent product, as you have in the past with the sweet sweet chili.

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:20:22 PM

MrTeal, im sorry to see such a wonderful dev/progress thread derailed by some inconsiderate folk.
Thank you, much appreciated.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: