Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:16:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (In Stock) Gridseed USB miners - $189.95 with Free Hosting and Electricity!  (Read 18047 times)
Gentso1

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:17:50 PM

Hello!

I have a question for the community, I would like your feedback. We are toying around with an idea and want to see what you think.

What if we increased our 10 pack pricing by $200. The trade off would be that we would then offer free priority shipping........and.......we would also host the miner for free, and as long as you want! You would never pay for hosting, bandwidth, and electric.

If you ever want to take it out of our hosting, we would just ship it to you free.

Also, you could sell your miner to another. You would be able to change the ownership of the account. Once the new owner takes over, he would get the same free hosting (increases your resale value), and he can also have the unit shipped to him when he is ready.

What do you guys think? Would this be something that would be kind of neat? Or a game changer?

Naturally if we did this, we would offer it for all our future products too.

Also a yes, Please offer this option.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mneehon

Activity: 174

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:30:21 PM

What if we increased our 10 pack pricing by $200. The trade off would be that we would then offer free priority shipping........and.......we would also host the miner for free, and as long as you want! You would never pay for hosting, bandwidth, and electric.

If you ever want to take it out of our hosting, we would just ship it to you free.

Also, you could sell your miner to another. You would be able to change the ownership of the account. Once the new owner takes over, he would get the same free hosting (increases your resale value), and he can also have the unit shipped to him when he is ready.

What do you guys think? Would this be something that would be kind of neat? Or a game changer?

It sounds like a no-brainer, especially if you can guarantee hash rate (or offer guaranteed hash rate as a paid option, i.e. replacing bad behaving modules in the miner's package at your expense.)  Having said that, how do you handle dead modules in the hosted option now?  Technically you are not leasing them, but selling, and selling physical modules not hash power.

buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:58:45 PM

Hello!

I have a question for the community, I would like your feedback. We are toying around with an idea and want to see what you think.

Well, I'm not sure if I can say anything better about this company, with it's forward thinking, and positive business models, but I'm sure I will find something good to say anyway Smiley

Seriously,
Who else has ever even offered an option for something like this in the history of this forum, or any seller or reseller? none that I have seen, please correct me if I'm wrong.

It seems to me that most of the people I have dealt with selling gear on here are straight out looking out to make profit as their number one goal, at the sacrifice of good support, communication and reliability.

All I can say (for now) is that GAW is on the ball, with super fast communications via email replies and phone calls, and will no doubt in my opinion be the leader in the industry from this day forward for their excellent customer service, offering positive solutions to any issues users may have had with their miners, always going above and beyond.

I guess you would expect that from a 'Real' established business, unlike the fly by night one man operations who I have had the displeasure of dealing with.

Spring has sprung, and it looks like there is a new seed to contend with Smiley

Thanks again for your hard work and dedication to this community!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
bootsfirst

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:21:35 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 03:46:44 PM by bootsfirst

despite being slammed with orders and having a few hiccups along the way..i feel confident these guys are doing their best to get hardware in customers hands. i had an issue w/my order status not updating on the website...order placed tuesday...still processing...no tracking...

i do like being able to speak with someone on the phone; i just think they're a bit overwhelmed right now.

***update*** minutes after posting; i rec'd a phone call...looks like my order was in a batch held up at customs. understandable. looks like i'll still rec' it within the 5 days promised on their site....i did get a tracking number and can't wait to post a glowing review once i have hardware in hand.
brumbo

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:15:01 PM

I see that the only options on the waiting list are increments of 10MH. Will you still be offering hosted options for people who want smaller orders, like a single 10-pack? Should I still put my name on the list?
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 04:35:37 PM

I see that the only options on the waiting list are increments of 10MH. Will you still be offering hosted options for people who want smaller orders, like a single 10-pack? Should I still put my name on the list?

Yes, we are working on adding about 300mh next week Smiley

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
brumbo

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:04:55 PM

Yes, we are working on adding about 300mh next week Smiley

Cool, I've put my name on the list and eagerly await updates Smiley
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:51:04 PM

Out of stock on the Single units?  I want to take a plunge into a new baby company, but not for 3.2 BTC. Tongue

Help me out guiyz Tongue

Single units are back in and shipping today Smiley

SummersideGuy

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:57:02 PM

Hello, what kind of shipping do you provide to Canada and through whar carrier?
I try to avoid getting anything sent from out of contry through anyone who does not make a switch over to canada post. If at all I can help it I prefer USPS as UPS, DHL, ect all charge retarded ridiculous brokerage fees.

Hi SummersideGuy, I believe this question may have been missed earlier and I just wanted to take a second to respond.

If the order is shipped from overseas (Overnight) it will most likely come via DHL which should suffice for you. If it is shipping from our U.S. location, it will go out via FedEx.
DHL charge me brokerage fees, so I would have to pass on that as the value just dropped by about $20, Last single gridseed i got through DHL those bastards charged me a $19.75 brokerage fee at my front door. If it was coming from the US to Canada i would prefer USPS priority express or something like that as i know with USPS it just gets handed over to Canada Post and I do not get charged retarded scam brokerage fees
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 06:09:47 PM

I try to avoid getting anything sent from out of contry through anyone who does not make a switch over to canada post. If at all I can help it I prefer USPS as UPS, DHL, ect all charge retarded ridiculous brokerage fees.

Hi SummersideGuy, I believe this question may have been missed earlier and I just wanted to take a second to respond.

If the order is shipped from overseas (Overnight) it will most likely come via DHL which should suffice for you. If it is shipping from our U.S. location, it will go out via FedEx.
DHL charge me brokerage fees, so I would have to pass on that as the value just dropped by about $20, Last single gridseed i got through DHL those bastards charged me a $19.75 brokerage fee at my front door. If it was coming from the US to Canada i would prefer USPS priority express or something like that as i know with USPS it just gets handed over to Canada Post and I do not get charged retarded scam brokerage fees

Cool, going forward most orders will start going out USPS Priority or overnight (depending on shipping option). We have a very very large ordering coming in which will drive down some of our cost and allow for same day shipping. Thanks for bearing with us and your support.

SummersideGuy

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:13:10 PM

Cool, going forward most orders will start going out USPS Priority or overnight (depending on shipping option). We have a very very large ordering coming in which will drive down some of our cost and allow for same day shipping. Thanks for bearing with us and your support.
USPS would be great, and overnight is great but not overly critical to me I think I could manage to "keep my panties on" for two or three  days after Ive placed an order
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 06:47:13 PM

Just a quick update from us.

Wow, what a crazy week!  Yes, there have been a few kinks that we did not plan for, but I hope we have shown that even when we had those challenges, we step up. (note: ping me directly if you have any outstanding issues I can address: josh@gaw.com)

We have learned a lot this week, including that we need a better shopping cart to keep customers informed, more staff (which we are adding), and loads more inventory (on the way), but we are working feverishly to make these adjustments.

We jumped into this thinking that we would gain a little traction, help a few folks out, and have some fun, but it is much bigger than we would have dreamed.  Now, we are hitting our stride and making significant investments to rapidly grow this business.  I think the main realization is that the market is underserved when it comes to service and support.  All the other companies play the “price game” (if they are legitimate at all), and the rest ends up in the customer’s lap.  That’s not how I run a business.  As such, you may see some different pricing from us soon to accommodate our focus on customer service.  We may not be the cheapest, but we will be the best.

Our pricing will always be competitive, but you will grow to know us for much more than cost.  Ultimately, we will be the the ones that deliver on our promises!  That’s what we want to be known for.  Already, you can count on us for:

Taking credit cards, paypal, etc.
Same day shipping (getting there Smiley)
Paying you for you lost mining time for late shipments

Soon, we will be launching a bunch of new innovative services that I can’t wait to tell you about. We want to do things no company in this space ever has.

As soon as they’re fully baked, you’ll see another update, but just to give you a quick peek, some of the things we will launch in the coming days and weeks include:

Free hosting and electricity for life
Instant activation- you order and you get the hashing of your unit a few seconds later
Instant hardware replacement- If you have a unit down, we will replace it with our stock, and RMA it for you.
Cloud management- control and monitor your hardware from the cloud

Thank you all for the tremendous feedback this week, and your faith in GAW Miners.  It is this active discussion I have been having with all of you that will lead to great things for all of us in the cryptocurrency community.

Stay tuned. More to come very soon!

Zor

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:03:11 PM

I hope you don't bump up the prices on miners you ship, it's not like customers need extra support on those.  Hosted miners, that I could reasonably see.

USPS Priority Mail would be an excellent option for inter-USA shipments and really cut down on those shipping fees ...
zoob

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:13:36 PM

I would like to buy but yikes, $400 shipping on 20 units?  Cry
webemining

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:04:13 PM

Shipping Cost: We will have an announcement on this soon. You will be pleased.

Same Day shipping: Naturally, we would love to be able to compare to a company like Amazon, we are not quite there yet Smiley.  Even with 400% more orders than we anticipated, we got most orders out the same day, and most the next (today). But you're right, the bar for us should be high and we will meet and exceed expectations.

Stay tuned, some great new things coming Smiley

any updates on changes to shipping??
drmosh

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 10:14:13 PM

I don't see the Paypal option when I order...

jmordica

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:06:43 AM

I don't see the Paypal option when I order...

Due to such an increase in paypal orders within the last few days, we had to temporarily disable the ability to pay via PayPal. No worries though. This should be back online shortly. If you would like, send me a PM with your email so we can notify you when this becomes available again.

Thanks.
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 01:34:43 AM

Hi!

We have some great news.

Due to popular demand we have made more capacity available ahead of schedule. So we are expanding our free hosting promotion to another 150 miners.

Once you have placed your order, we will have your system hashing in a few hours. This batch, like the first one, will receive at least a year of free hosting. When you're ready to take possession of your miner, let us know and we will ship it to you at no cost. This is just another way we want to raise the bar :-)

These hosted miners will be available on a first come first serve basis starting at 1 PM Eastern 3/21/14.

This item is currently listed in our online store at http://gawminers.com but currently have an "Out of Stock" status. At 1 PM Eastern 3/21/14 this item will become "In Stock" until the hosted products are all utilized.

We will provide further updates as things progress.

Thank you for your continued support! We hope to be serving you soon.

JbCLtC

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:09:12 AM

Will the single units be available with hosting as the website states???
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 02:32:50 AM

Will the single units be available with hosting as the website states???

For now, only the hosted 10 pack kits will be available. We will keep you updated as we release more hosted options in the near future.

Thanks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: